Amazon Game Downloads - Magicka $4.99 (50% off)

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi there CAGs,

Edited to reflect new price:

We've got Magicka on sale, for $4.99, or 50% off. Click here to check it out.

Thanks for all the valuable feedback! Based on that feedback it sounds like the folks who don't like individual threads for each deal REALLY don't like individual threads for each deal so I will post all future deals in the mega thread (which I will update shortly).

There were also a few posters who were unhappy with me asking a question rather than just posting a deal. I wanted to let you know that it wasn't my intent to flout the rules of your community and I apologize if it came off as such. My goal was to let you all feel like part of the process when possible.

I'm off to update the super thread, thanks again everyone for the feedback! I hope you all enjoy Magicka.

Cheers,
Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MinatoKun']Looks like a good game at this price, i'll definately be biting :D[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear, FYI I'd recommend you bite today :)

I LOVE this game, and wish there were more "quirky" games out there to play...Telltale games are the pinnacle of game authorship (story and copywriting) in my opinion.

I'm trying to get some of my friends and family to get copies of this so we can have a LAN party. I even offered to buy it for some of them, but it's difficult to get them into anything not World of Warcraft, emulated, or pirated. You can lead a horse to water...

Edit: Maybe I'll just buy an extra copy and sit on it until I find someone who wants to play. Plus, it's not a game, but I did find something else from Amazon that I wanted for the house. This is going on my front door:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003AYUSVY

Tony, if I order items related to video games and other items related to guns, I don't get on a list that is sent to the FBI do I? :)

[quote name='hlaalumaster9']$2.50 for a game that can be activated on Steam? I'm in![/QUOTE]

Same here. If I get a great deal through Amazon, but can let Steam handle everything else, everybody wins. Purchased!

[quote name='mcthatch']I would be interested in some of the DLC as I already have the main game.[/QUOTE]

It is worth mentioning that the DLC for Magicka is currently 50% off at steam. I think that deal will be good for 5 days. However, if we buy from Amazon through a link from CAG, we are helping Cheapy and Tony. I think we should support our benefactors who have been so good to us as much as possible. I'm sure if the sales in the Amazon download store through CAG remain strong, Tony will be willing and able to throw more deals our way. Therefore, I am holding off for now to see if Amazon can price match the DLC. :bouncy:

Wow that's a nice price for the game. There isn't a way to buy a game and gift it via Amazon yet right?

[quote name='Nesrie']Wow that's a nice price for the game. There isn't a way to buy a game and gift it via Amazon yet right?[/QUOTE]

You can just send them the code you get

if you look at all the reviews on amazon about magika, there are tons of people complaining that it activates on steam and that they want a refund. But on CAG, as soon as people see that it does activate on steam, we're all over it. lol.

everyone's favorite reason is their worst.

I have $10 credit listed under SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES on Amazon. It's the same pop-up window that also shows other credit available like for Kindle and MP3. When I attempt to buy Magicka it doesn't deduct anything. It doesn't appear to work on physical game purchases either. How do I use it then?

In for one- started up the game to try it out, and it looks like it's going to be as fun as I've heard. Thank you for the heads up Tony.

Anybody want to play together? Co-op sounds like it could be fun. Look me up on Steam if you'd like: teknikalei

On a somewhat related note- Anybody play Magic: the Gathering, Duels of the Planeswalkers? It's on sale for $5, with a bunch of DLC (extra decks I guess?) for another $5.

[quote name='Collectordragon']I have $10 credit listed under SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES on Amazon. It's the same pop-up window that also shows other credit available like for Kindle and MP3. When I attempt to buy Magicka it doesn't deduct anything. It doesn't appear to work on physical game purchases either. How do I use it then?[/QUOTE]

Around Christmas they were given out $10 credits with select purchases towards a digital delivery year XBL subscription.

I got this from Amazon a few weeks ago when it was $5 and it was well worth it. This game has a great sense of humor and once you get the controls down it's a blast.

Looks like the price is back to $4.99.

Still a deal, though for that price you might as well pick it up directly from Steam and skip the middle man.

Was going to ask something about how the game downloads worked for Amazon, but since the price changed nevermind.

OP should update the thread title to reflect the new price and apologize for getting my hopes up and then smashing my dreams to ribbons...as if I don't already have enough trust issues.

Not sure where to post this, so I will here.

As a predominately PC gamer (also play some PS3), it is good to see Amazon taking on Steam et al.

In addition to deals like this, it would be nice to see download deals on complete packs like many have mentioned in this thread.

But what I would REALLY REALLY REALLY like to see is all of the pre-order credits for 360/PS3 to also apply to PC preorders.

Please make it happen :)

[quote name='wynams']

But what I would REALLY REALLY REALLY like to see is all of the pre-order credits for 360/PS3 to also apply to PC preorders.

Please make it happen :)[/QUOTE]

This!! +1

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']OP should update the thread title to reflect the new price and apologize for getting my hopes up and then smashing my dreams to ribbons...as if I don't already have enough trust issues.[/QUOTE]

Sorry about that! I just updated the thread to reflect the changes in price. Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sorry about that! I just updated the thread to reflect the changes in price. Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I was just kidding about it being a big deal.

As a suggestion, itd be cool if Amazon could implement the deal timers, similar to those seen on the Golden Deals for limited time offers. People will still miss out, but it may keep the number that do to a minimum.

Also, has Amazon ever done Golden Deals on digital content? From an econ standpoint, itd be a neat experiment to negotiate lower prices on a set number of licenses that would be an even bigger sale than the sale price. In other words, you take something like Magicka and put it on sale for 50%, but then have a set number that are 75%. I think it would generate some buzz and reward those who check your deals frequently.

I can't believe this game is as graphics heavy as it is, not to mention I'm only running it in 800 x 600 in window. I heard game hates onboard graphics. I've got a nvidia 9200, bit still has a bit of trouble

[quote name='Moonlk']I can't believe this game is as graphics heavy as it is, not to mention I'm only running it in 800 x 600 in window. I heard game hates onboard graphics. I've got a nvidia 9200, bit still has a bit of trouble[/QUOTE]

All games hate onboard graphics.

In fact, I'mma just say everything hates onboard graphics.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']All games hate onboard graphics.

In fact, I'mma just say everything hates onboard graphics.[/QUOTE]

My first wintel computer was cool enough to have a discrete graphics card, and one megabyte of video ram. My choices were something like 640 by 480 with 65535 colors, or 800 by 600 with 256 colors (this probably isn't right, but pretty close). But man, when I dropped $320 to upgrade from 8 megs of RAM to 16 megs of RAM it was totally bad ass.

[quote name='Moonlk']I can't believe this game is as graphics heavy as it is, not to mention I'm only running it in 800 x 600 in window. I heard game hates onboard graphics. I've got a nvidia 9200, bit still has a bit of trouble[/QUOTE]

I am running a Radeon 4200 myself. I was surprised too as all of my Source engine stuff on Steam runs fine.If you can find your PC's stats online, see what the PSU is, if you have enough power, it may be as simple as a $50 discrete card to see a huge improvement (10-15x the power).

Unfortunately for me, my PSU is only 250W so any GPU upgrade involves an even more expensive PSU upgrade.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']I am running a Radeon 4200 myself. I was surprised too as all of my Source engine stuff on Steam runs fine.If you can find your PC's stats online, see what the PSU is, if you have enough power, it may be as simple as a $50 discrete card to see a huge improvement (10-15x the power).

Unfortunately for me, my PSU is only 250W so any GPU upgrade involves an even more expensive PSU upgrade.[/QUOTE]

Yoiks, 250w?? Is it a micro case? If not, I just got a sweet 700w PSU for my rig for $30 at directron.com . It was recommended by the guy who built it for me. The 500w it started with wasn't cutting it.

[quote name='teknikalei']Yoiks, 250w?? Is it a micro case? If not, I just got a sweet 700w PSU for my rig for $30 at directron.com . It was recommended by the guy who built it for me. The 500w it started with wasn't cutting it.[/QUOTE]

No its a full-size. I was amazed myself. It was the one thing not listed on the box, but given the insides, I assumed it had a matching PSU.

Thanks for the recommendation. I actually have a 550W sitting around from my last computer, but I want something quieter, which means I am waiting for a deal on those modular Corsair HX models that are a bit pricier.

bread's done
Back