Amazon giving away $5 MP3 Download Credit for most Video Game Purchase Includes XBL

joby27

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
How to Redeem Your $5 Amazon MP3 Music Downloads Credit:

To Qualify:

* Add at least one qualifying video game product to your Shopping Cart and complete the purchase or complete the purchase through 1-Click ordering. The products that qualify are all products Video Games category including downloadable content and hardware sold by Amazon.com that display the offer message on their product information pages. Items not displaying the offer message and all other types of items fail to qualify for this promotional offer.
* After completing your purchase, you will receive an e-mail indicating that a $5 credit for Amazon MP3 music downloads has been applied to your account automatically and providing instructions for redeeming your credit.
* Promotional offer is valid from August 5, 2009 through August 31, 2009 and subject to change. You must redeem the credit by September 30, 2009.

To Redeem:

1. Browse for your favorite music.
2. Find the music you want, click the "Buy" button, and your credit will automatically be applied to your purchase.
3. If you have not used the full value of the promotional credit, we will automatically apply the remaining balance of your credit on each of your additional Amazon MP3 purchases until you have used its full value or until the credit expires, whichever occurs first. You can check your credit balance by clicking "Redeem Your Amazon.com Gift Card or Promotional Code and View Balance" button, visible on every MP3 detail page. You can check the expiration date of the credit in the confirmation email message we sent to you regarding your credit.
4. After your purchase, you can confirm that your credit was applied by checking your order confirmation, which will be sent to you by e-mail.

Terms and Conditions

* Limited time offer. You must redeem your credit or code by no later than the expiration date indicated in the promotional offer message for this promotion.
* If the promotion provides you with a promotional credit, the credit will be automatically applied to your account until you have used its full dollar amount value. Your credit card will not be charged for Amazon MP3 purchases made through the expiration date until the full dollar amount of the credit has been used.
* If the promotion provides you with a promotional code, follow the redemption instructions provided with your code. Once you have entered your code, the code will be automatically applied to your account until you have used its full dollar amount value. Your credit card will not be charged for Amazon MP3 purchases made through the expiration date until the full dollar amount of the credit has been used.
* If you received a credit or code as a result of a qualifying purchase, then Amazon MP3 downloads redeemed by this promotional offer will not be reflected on the final order checkout page. If you received a credit, you will receive an email from Amazon at the time of purchase of the qualifying product that indicates the dollar amount of the promotional credit for MP3 download has been added to customers account and provides instructions on how to redeem the credit and download Amazon MP3 products. If you received a code, you will receive an email from Amazon at the time of purchase of the qualifying product that indicates the dollar amount of the promotional credit for MP3 download and provides instructions on how to redeem the credit and download Amazon MP3 products.
* You may need to have, or download from Amazon, MP3 software in order to download certain Amazon MP3 products.
* Offer valid for customers located in and with billing addresses in the one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia only. Customers must open an amazon.com account and accept the Amazon MP3 Service Terms of Use to redeem the promotional credit or code.
* Promotional offer limited to one Amazon MP3 promotional credit or code perpurchase.
* If you pre-order or order the qualifying product and place it in your Shopping Cart but do not complete your purchase of the qualifying product, or if you return the qualifying product, you will not qualify for the promotional offer.
* Promotional offer applies only to qualifying products sold by amazon.com displaying the offer message on their product information pages on the amazon.com website. Qualifying products not displaying the offer message, or sold by other merchants or third parties, and all other types of items, do not qualify for this promotional offer.
* Offer good while supplies last; no substitutions or rain checks permitted if supplies of any particular qualifying product run out prior to expiration of promotional offer period.
* Offer is not transferable, not exchangeable, and not redeemable for cash, and is void where prohibited by law.
* Additional taxes apply in certain jurisdictions to physical items and/or digital items ordered.
* We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate or modify this promotion.

***********************IMPORTANT*************************
Everyone make sure you keep tabs on how much MP3 download credit you get. I have often had problems with Amazon not giving me the credit. But to check your balance click on any MP3 download. For example this link:

http://www.amazon.com/I-Gotta-Feeli..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=171XR8YHA747HTYFDW52

On the right side under the Cart button, you will see this green panel. See the "Redeem a gift card or promotion code & View balance" make sure your signed-in and click on that, it will tell you, your download balance.

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Here is a list of Cheap ($5.00) XBL Games
Assault Heroes
DOOM
DIG DUG
Geometry Wars Evolved
Zuma
Feeding Frenzy
GALAGA
Worms
Gauntlet
Golden Axe
Jetpac Refuelled
Robotron: 2084
Marble Blast Ultra
MS.PAC-MAN
Paperboy
Joust
Small Arms
Sonic The Hedgehog 2
UNO
Sonic The Hedgehog
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1989
Streets of Rage 2
Space Giraffe
Ultimate MK3
Undertow

Link: http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=1249663...642,n:!44263011,n:979417011,n:14220271&page=1

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dubbfoolio']awesome deal but is there some sort of link you can provide to amazon.com with the official info?[/QUOTE]

Check out any game sold by Amazon and look for this. Can't provide link because it's everywhere

Special Offers and Product Promotions
Platform: Xbox 360 | Edition: Prestige

* Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)
* Get $5 worth of MP3 downloads from Amazon MP3 when your order ships. Here's how (restrictions apply)

Learn More About Xbox LIVE
Find out all Xbox LIVE has to offer via an interactive demo featuring the voice talents of Chris Cashman, host of Xbox LIVE's 1 vs 100. Check out the demo here

[quote name='dubbfoolio']marble blast ultra qualifies at $5, sounds like a deal to me. you could add this to the op too: $50 albums for $5.[/QUOTE]
Nice! I saw at least one album that would interest me. I can get a $5 XBLA game and get a whole album free. Thanks!

It's reading to me like you get a $5 code with every purchase. If that's true, I might as well buy half a dozen or so cheap XBLA games, as I spend $20 - $30/month on Amazon's downloads anyway. Nice deal.

and here I just bought a Dualshock 3 and LBP. Don't think I saw that language anywhere on the page though so I guess they didn't qualify, and I didn't get that email.

EDIT: wait, now I see it on the DS3 page... dammit! sent CS an email...

I was going to suggest a master list, but I think that would be too huge.
Combining this with the "summer of arcade" titles might be a good idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an fyi on this. This $5 mp3 download deal has been active for most iphone, mp3 player products, etc...so I bought a couple of cases, an ihome docking station, a Sansa fuze, and 3 ifrog 3g cases, so I should have received $35 in amazon mp3 download credit but I only recieved an e-mail saying I had $5 in credit...? All my items had shipped and each item had the $5 "gift" with them. So I called amazon and they said they would foward my info over to the promotions dept and I would hear back from then withen 2 days. Well, a week later I call again and explained that I'm owed $30 in credit, since I never heard from amazon. I was told that they would forward my situation to the promotions dept again and I told them Oh hell no! Let me speak with a supervisor. They said hold on a second and came back withen one minute and said I'd get a $30 credit to my account, which, is better than mp3 credit.

I think this thing is ripe for abuse since 2 cases I bought were less than $5 but did have the $5 attached. I think it maybe is only supposed to be a "one-time" per account deal but it isnt stated anywhere that it cant be redeamed multiple times.

Oh, the $5 credit for mp3 downloads that I did recieve worked perfectly. I bought four songs, and each one showed a zero balance. Theres also no way in knowing how much credit you have. If you don't receive the $5 credit e-mail you didnt get the credit!

This is a great deal, i already buy all of my mp3's from amazon.
151l1259.jpg

[quote name='Wanderlai']Theres also no way in knowing how much credit you have. If you don't receive the $5 credit e-mail you didnt get the credit![/QUOTE]

Actually, if you go to the page of any mp3 download, there's a little link under the price to check your current promotional credit.

I'm hoping this isn't a headache to get to work. I ordered a code for Peggle about two hours ago and haven't gotten an email yet. Since it says the code will be sent when the order ships, I'd think it would be instantaneous for XBLA codes.

do they email you the code or is automatically added. ordered about an hour ago and haven't gotten anything yet. Also I'd love confirmation that the promotion works for multiple uses.

[quote name='maxfisher']Actually, if you go to the page of any mp3 download, there's a little link under the price to check your current promotional credit.

I'm hoping this isn't a headache to get to work. I ordered a code for Peggle about two hours ago and haven't gotten an email yet. Since it says the code will be sent when the order ships, I'd think it would be instantaneous for XBLA codes.[/QUOTE]

I just checked and I see nothing under the price, only customer reviews, release date, and format. Now, under the "buy" tab on the right, theres a link that allows you to redeem a gift card or promotional code and view balance but the $5 credit is not a code nor a gift card so you have no way to see your balance.

[quote name='hbomb']Can anyone confirm whether you can receive multiple codes? Separate order is OK but same order is not??[/QUOTE]

I placed one order with one qualifying item. I did receive the $5 credit after my item shipped. There is no code involved. You just get an e-mail stating that you have been given $5 mp3 credit. I then, since it seemed to work, placed 2 orders with mltiple qualifying items. Thats when I ran into problems. They ended up resolving my problems in getting the $5 credit as I posted above.

Damn I've already canceled and reordered 3 preorders once this week after getting an ECA membership. I'm not sure I really want to do that all over again and be moved to the back of the queue.

[quote name='Wanderlai']I just checked and I see nothing under the price, only customer reviews, release date, and format. Now, under the "buy" tab on the right, theres a link that allows you to redeem a gift card or promotional code and view balance but the $5 credit is not a code nor a gift card so you have no way to see your balance.[/QUOTE]

Make sure your signed in

Once Amazon gives you the credit: This statement will have a balance

Your current gift card and promotion code balance is $0.00

Heres what you get:

Thank you for purchasing from Amazon.com.

Your recent order XXXXXXXXXXXXX entitles you to a promotional credit which we have added to your account. This credit can be applied to your next qualifying purchase.

Promotion details:

Additional information on this offer can be found here.

$5 Off Any Amazon MP3 Song or Album.

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

As someone who recently purchased a qualifying audio consumer electronics item offered in the Amazon.com Consumer Electronics Store, you have automatically qualified for $5 worth of any Amazon MP3 downloads. Use your credit toward the purchase of a full MP3 album or a single song.

Redeem your $5 credit by simply clicking the "Buy" button on any Amazon MP3 detail page. The expiration date of this credit is September 30, 2009. Each time you make an Amazon MP3 purchase through September 30, 2009, we will automatically apply your promotional credit until you have used its full $5 value. Your credit card will not be charged for Amazon MP3 purchases made through September 30, 2009 until your full $5 credit has been used.

Other Details:

• You must redeem your credit (in one or more transactions) by the expiration date indicated above.
• Amazon MP3 promotional credits can only be used for Amazon MP3 music downloads and are not redeemable for any other types of merchandise sold at Amazon.com.
• Amazon MP3 music downloads are available to customers located in and with billing addresses in the one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia only. You must have an Amazon.com account and accept the Amazon MP3 Service Terms of Use to redeem the credit..
• If you are having problems redeeming your credit, be sure to check that the promotional credit is still valid and has not expired. If you still receive an error, contact Customer Service via Amazon MP3 Support.
• Taxes apply in some states.
• See full Terms and Conditions (http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000381651).

I was going to just get Monkey Island XBLA for that, but then I figured I'd get the 1600 point card instead. And now I realize I could've just gotten two XBLA games and 10 bucks of MP3s.

But on the flipside, I can trade/hoard these points too....hmmm...

I'm curious about that too, because it states "after shipment" but I'm seeing people here that bought digital codes that haven't gotten credits yet...

I'm waiting to pull the trigger on several more games but still awaiting confirmation that this works for arcade titles as stated, and for multiple orders. This might turn into another customer service hassle.

[quote name='Wanderlai']I just checked and I see nothing under the price, only customer reviews, release date, and format. Now, under the "buy" tab on the right, theres a link that allows you to redeem a gift card or promotional code and view balance but the $5 credit is not a code nor a gift card so you have no way to see your balance.[/QUOTE]

I've got multiple $1 and $2 promotional credits like this for buying various things on their site. Those credits always show up in that little 'view balance' box you mention, so I was assuming this would as well.

[quote name='amazon']Hello,

Upon reviewing the details page for the game you ordered, it does appear that your order should have entitled you to that $5 credit to use in our MP3 store.

I have issued a $5 credit to your account to use in the MP3 store. This credit will automatically be applied to the next $5 used to purchase MP3s.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, but thank you for shopping with Amazon.com.

Please let us know if this e-mail resolved your question:

Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept incoming e-mail.

To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help section of our web site.

Best regards,

David B.
Amazon.com
We're Building Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company

[/QUOTE]
still not showing up though :( maybe these don't show up under promotions and credits?

Can anyone confirm whether a single amazon.com account is eligible to receive multiple $5 credits? i.e. order multiple products eligible for the promotion separately, each with different order numbers, all from the same account. Because there is no minimum purchase amount, this could be very worthwhile. TIA!

Batman: AA special edition, with all the goodies, massively discounted, exclusive comic and 5$ worth of mp3...sweet deal =)

Thanks for the heads-up OP. I had pre-ordered Dissidia Final Fantasy before this started, so I just sent them an e-mail to see if they'll give me the $5 credit for MP3 downloads once it ships. Here's hoping!

Couldn't apply my ECA 10% code. I guess it only works on physical games. Anybody have any luck with XBLA and ECA?

Also interested to know if anyone gets multiple promo credits by default.
I might be interested, but don't really care to deal with customer service on this one.

I still haven't received any promo codes from the 4 xbla games I bought yesterday. I sent customer service an email this morning and will report what I hear back from them.

it seems like the xbla games you're going to have to deal with customer service. I asked once and the guy said he'd add the credits to my account, but they never showed up. I bought several games since and I think I'm going to have to call to get this settled.

Yeah I just bought an arcade game and no email for the $5 credit. I'm going to wait an hour and then email customer service.

[quote name='huvabut']Yeah I just bought an arcade game and no email for the $5 credit. I'm going to wait an hour and then email customer service.[/QUOTE]

FYI: I've never gotten an e-mail for any $5 MP3 credit purchase that I've made, but the credit does come through "silently" -- I used to think this was some sort of scam: "If we don't tell him, he won't remember to spend it before it expires" but if it is generated at the time of shipping confirmation, then who knows how it works for XBLA codes...

My email for the credit came this morning & the last purchase I had made was 2 days ago. Seems like the type of credit that is "invisible" until you actually go to checkout & see the promo credit applied to your purchase.

looks like one of the credits showed up over night for me. Still got to wait on the others I guess. I'll give it a couple days and contact customer service again. I think this credit only showed up because I contacted them initially.

I bought a XBox Live game yesterday, but didn't get the credit. I purchased a song this morning and it didn't apply any credits. I've e-mailed customer service.

Doesn't look like Amazon specifies when you'll receive the promo credit-- it just says "after" your purchase. Don't assume that means *immediately* after. As I mentioned, it took 2 days in my case.

I contacted amazon when I didn't get my credit and they said that it could take up to 2 days to receive the credit( as another member had already discovered an their own).

[quote name='walletandgromice']FYI: I've never gotten an e-mail for any $5 MP3 credit purchase that I've made, but the credit does come through "silently" -- I used to think this was some sort of scam: "If we don't tell him, he won't remember to spend it before it expires" but if it is generated at the time of shipping confirmation, then who knows how it works for XBLA codes...[/QUOTE]

You were correct! I emailed customer support and a few hours later they emailed me back and said that when they checked my credit was in my account. I never received an email so it must just happen. Also this credit won't appear in your account like their gift certificates do. The account rep that emailed me said

"Although the balance of promotional certificate funds for MP3 music can't be viewed in Your Account, the funds will be automatically applied to your next Amazon.com order."

So wait a day and then try to buy some music. If it doesn't apply the credit in your cart email customer support. I haven't tried it on a second title yet.

Never got my $5 mp3 credit and the person who responded to my e-mail said I had to wait for my digital download to ship (really?) so I got fed up and just called them. They checked my purchase and instead of $5 MP3 credit, they gave me $5 credit off my next purchase.

bread's done
Back