Amazon Gold Box 6/7/10-06/11/10 (deals all week long)

[quote name='ryushe']NieR (PS3) $40.99.......

Any chance the 360 version will be any cheaper? And even though I've been looking for a nice drop in price for the game, isn't $41 still a bit much for a game that didn't sell gangbusters?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is. My price is $20, especially after all the mixed reviews I've heard on it.

I'm gonna trade it in this week, hoping the tiv stayed up to 22 at gamestop. just a heads up, tru and bestbuy dont let you trade this game in.

I have to say this is one of the oddest ways to describe Star Ocean IV

"Play as Edge Maverick in this World War III RPG."

I mean it's accurate but I imagine there are going to be people buying it thinking "WWIII fuck yeah!" and come out greatly disappointed :p

[quote name='buckythekat']I have to say this is one of the oddest ways to describe Star Ocean IV

"Play as Edge Maverick in this World War III RPG."

I mean it's accurate but I imagine there are going to be people buying it thinking "WWIII fuck yeah!" and come out greatly disappointed :p[/QUOTE]

Exactly what i was thinking.

The description fits a game like Operation Darkness better. Except its not made by SE of course.

Just Cause 2 - PS3
Gold Box Price: $40.99 (31% off)
ewe. I always get overexcited for these deals, I wish I could buy it but I really only have $30 to spare right now.

Just Cause 2 for $40.99, $3.99 less than when it was Deal of the Day (April 28th), which was when I bought it.

I was mildly interested in getting Just Cause 2, but not at that price; probably not looking to pick it up till it is $30 or less.

[quote name='icebeast']I was mildly interested in getting Just Cause 2, but not at that price; probably not looking to pick it up till it is $30 or less.[/QUOTE]

My friend has it and says it's awesome.. but yeah I'm not wanting to pay that much either.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Seeing the 'deals' so far today, I am no longer confident that Star Ocean will be $20, but I hope it is.[/QUOTE]If it's the 360 version, I'm confident it'll be that or even $25.

Not a VG deal, but that Austin Powers Blu-ray collection is pretty damn tempting and easily the best thing so far on this GB.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Seeing the 'deals' so far today, I am no longer confident that Star Ocean will be $20, but I hope it is.[/QUOTE]
I'm also hoping for $20. if not will just be waiting for this one some more.

[quote name='mauaus']Thats exactly what i wanted :([/QUOTE]

same here, that and Star Ocean 4. Maybe in the coming weeks. I'll only buy them for $30-35.

Just Cause 2 is easily one the best open-world "sandbox" games of all time. Worth every dime of $59.99...at $40 it's a must have. Sure, $40 isn't really CAG territory, but it's that damn good.

Star ocean 360 version for $20. Not jumping on that. Would have definately jumped if it was the PS3 version for that price.

Where are you guys seeing the Spider-Man trilogy and Mass Effect 2 at on that Amazon link that has all of the gold box deals for the week? I've even ctrl+f'ed it and came up with nothing.

[quote name='macschwag14']Where are you guys seeing the Spider-Man trilogy and Mass Effect 2 at on that Amazon link that has all of the gold box deals for the week? I've even ctrl+f'ed it and came up with nothing.[/QUOTE]

Thursday, June 10

3pm - 5pm PST
• Commander Shepard is back in this Xbox 360 hit sequel

[quote name='macschwag14']Where are you guys seeing the Spider-Man trilogy and Mass Effect 2 at on that Amazon link that has all of the gold box deals for the week? I've even ctrl+f'ed it and came up with nothing.[/QUOTE].

Post #25, you see this number on the top right of each post on this thread. Mine is #79 and yours is #77

Hmmm, even though the preview for today said PS3 and 360 for FF XIII, it's only on for the PS3.

Considering it's only $0.50 more than I bought it for last week, I say I got the better deal, since I used the 25% off code for Gamestop which also applied to the other games I got with it. An net result of $13 or so in additional savings. Plus I could get it for either system my way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Knew it would be same as the ps3 version yesterday, a bit too much for me, I think it will come down more in months to come and I can wait. But still an alright price for what I hear is a great game.

Not a gold box deal per se, but Amazon matched Target's $9.99 Starcraft battlechest price. I picked one up along with Gears 2 GOTY and The Force Unleashed for PS3 for $52 shipped.

[quote name='Tate Donovan']Not a gold box deal per se, but Amazon matched Target's $9.99 Starcraft battlechest price. I picked one up along with Gears 2 GOTY and The Force Unleashed for PS3 for $52 shipped.[/QUOTE]

Aw man, I picked up the Starcraft BC at Target on Monday.

I've heard people say good things about it so I figured I'd give it a try;).

[quote name='slickcaggamer']Bad Company 2 is no longer listed on Friday's deals. =([/QUOTE]
I saw that. I might have bit, since I have $10 credit that I need to use. God, my OCD tendencies. I can never spend it unless its for the perfect bargain.

I don't know where to get rid of Nier to trade in. BestBuy and TRU don't even accept it, and gamestop just dropped from 22-12. argh, oh wellz.

[quote name='Velo214']I don't know where to get rid of Nier to trade in. BestBuy and TRU don't even accept it, and gamestop just dropped from 22-12. argh, oh wellz.[/QUOTE]Just curious, which console version is it? Also, how much are you trying to let it go for?

[quote name='slickcaggamer']Bad Company 2 is no longer listed on Friday's deals. =([/QUOTE]

omfg that's the only thing I looked forward to in the High Def week =/

[quote name='animalspinners']Its $37 next week at Target, both systems.[/QUOTE]I love this game so much I might just double dip for the 360 version so I can play with a few of my friends.

Any guesses on the price for ME2 today?

Also I have a question for Amazon geniuses here. If I use a $10 video game credit and my order goes under $25 dollars do I still qualify for free shipping? Thanks to whoever answers this for me it's a big help.

[quote name='vanlandw']If I use a $10 video game credit and my order goes under $25 dollars do I still qualify for free shipping? Thanks to whoever answers this for me it's a big help.[/QUOTE]

Your order needs to be $25 or over, below that won't work.

[quote name='vanlandw']Any guesses on the price for ME2 today?

Also I have a question for Amazon geniuses here. If I use a $10 video game credit and my order goes under $25 dollars do I still qualify for free shipping? Thanks to whoever answers this for me it's a big help.[/QUOTE]

Your order needs to be $25 or over before tax and any promos are applied. As long as those conditions are met, you will get FSSS. I bought Star Ocean the other day when it was $20 and used my $20 promo code to make the game free, and I still got FSSS, as the price before the promo code and lightning deal promo was over $25.

Thanks for the heads up guys. Depending on how good the deal is on ME2 I might need to find some pad for the free shipping. Any suggestions? I have a $10 credit I wouldn't mind using up before the summer drought.

Thanks again...

[quote name='vanlandw']Any guesses on the price for ME2 today?

Also I have a question for Amazon geniuses here. If I use a $10 video game credit and my order goes under $25 dollars do I still qualify for free shipping? Thanks to whoever answers this for me it's a big help.[/QUOTE]

Yes. Also, generally if a item's normal price is over $25 you'll get free shipping even if it's lightning deal price is under $25.

[quote name='vanlandw']Thanks for the heads up guys. Depending on how good the deal is on ME2 I might need to find some pad for the free shipping. Any suggestions? I have a $10 credit I wouldn't mind using up before the summer drought.

Thanks again...[/QUOTE]

As I stated above, you won't need to pad for free shipping. The regular price right now is $40, so even if the lightning deal takes it to $19.99 you will still be able to get FSSS on it.

bread's done
Back