Amazon Gold Box Deal Of The Day(5/30/12): Alien Anthology Blu Ray $29.99

same price as frys, but i was wondering is there another boxset coming in? like prometheus included? anyway already picked up so hopefully there wont be another boxset coming soon... 4 movies for $30 is good deal

I waited a while for this too drop in price. I couldn't wait and ended up buying the Amazon UK version a long time ago (the one with the bonus discs) for I think around $40.

[quote name='Astroranagun']same price as frys, but i was wondering is there another boxset coming in? like prometheus included? anyway already picked up so hopefully there wont be another boxset coming soon... 4 movies for $30 is good deal[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering this as well. They're either (a) clearing stock for a new boxset with Prometheus or (b) lowering the price to further build hype for Prometheus. Decisions, decisions...

Heh, still doesn't beat the $20 I paid for the UK version but had they not been price gouging on this set for two years I would've picked this one up.

Debating this. For me it's 2 incredible movies, one OK movie and then....3. I'll have to mull it over.

EDIT: Eh, I bit. I had $28.50 worth of points from my Amazon cc, and the wife said she wanted it. So for $1.50 actual cash, decided to go for it. :)

[quote name='chrisd']Sweet! Couldn't resist at that price. Never saw Alien3 for some reason.[/QUOTE]

Watch the Assembly Cut of Alien 3. It makes the movie considerably more interesting IMO, and the Blu has proper ADR for the cut scenes, so the dialog is considerably clearer now.

It is a really nice set and you do get a ton of extra content in the box set that isn't on the single disk versions, but the single disk blus for all four films are $10 each at walmart and bestbuy and come with $10 movie cash for Prometheus, so depending on your wants (such as really only liking the first two movies), that might route might be of value to some folks.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Watch the Assembly Cut of Alien 3. It makes the movie considerably more interesting IMO, and the Blu has proper ADR for the cut scenes, so the dialog is considerably clearer now.[/QUOTE]

Cool. Thanks for the heads up.

Good deal. I picked it up for $40 or so a while back as I liked the US packaging a lot more than the UK. Very nice set.

I know this probably sounds dumb, but is it a significant improvement over the DVDs? Debating on whether I really want to double dip on this to get it on blu-ray.

Hope you guys took advantage of the incorrect 70% off error. It is showing as 63% off, but earlier in the day the page was advertising the sale was suppose to be 70% off making it $24. If you emailed/called customer service they would refund you the difference

[quote name='dacool561']Hope you guys took advantage of the incorrect 70% off error. It is showing as 63% off, but earlier in the day the page was advertising the sale was suppose to be 70% off making it $24. If you emailed/called customer service they would refund you the difference[/QUOTE]

GTFO with that slickdeals bullshit. It's clearly meant to be $29.99, all people are doing is exploiting an obvious error. I hope it catches up with anyone trying to milk Amazon for anything and everything.

To each his own I suppose. I enjoyed saving the extra $6 and all it took was sending an email politely asking if they would. Didn't have to harass any CSRs or try multiple times. If it worked then I saved $6, if not then no big deal as it's still a great price. But if you think that is immoral I can see your point. To me it didn't feel like I was exploiting anything.

And some bank robbers don't feel remorseful either, that doesn't mean they're not doing something wrong. If you're aware that it was a simple mistake in percentages and you're trying to get money back from Amazon's nice Customer service to take advantage of that mistake then you are exploiting them. It's not even debatable. It'll come back to you, and all the other bottom feeders

[quote name='ssjmichael']And some bank robbers don't feel remorseful either, that doesn't mean they're not doing something wrong. If you're aware that it was a simple mistake in percentages and you're trying to get money back from Amazon's nice Customer service to take advantage of that mistake then you are exploiting them. It's not even debatable. It'll come back to you, and all the other bottom feeders[/QUOTE]

For all he knew, they meant to give 70% off and mistakenly priced it at $29.99.

This is hardly as egregious as what most hoarders and abusers of deals do. I don't see the point in continually insulting him for such a minor issue.

I negotiated with my apartment complex today to get $15 off the renewal rate of my lease because of a deal they had for new renters. They offered me $10 off and I took it. That's customer service, not "taking advantage".

Oh please, they didn't mean to make it 70%, and he knew it. I won't argue it anymore, if people want to justify their slickdeals-esque mentality go right ahead.

You forget that there was no way for anyone to know exactly if it was 63% or 70% was the correct discount that should have been given. I merely asked them about it in an email and to please correct it to the 70% discount if that was indeed the supposed sale price. I agree with you if there was prior knowledge that the sale was for $29.99 instead of $23.99 ahead of time than that would be exploiting the system to your advantage. To my knowledge this sale wasn't posted ahead of time. Is it that unreasonable that the price was suppose to be $23.99 when the amazon UK version has been around $20 multiple times? You seem to think I had some malicious motive about this about but i'm just a cheap ass gamer.

In the end we will have to just agree to disagree on this point though. =) Hopefully the one thing we can agree on is that Prometheus will be awesome!

[quote name='ssjmichael']And some bank robbers don't feel remorseful either, that doesn't mean they're not doing something wrong. If you're aware that it was a simple mistake in percentages and you're trying to get money back from Amazon's nice Customer service to take advantage of that mistake then you are exploiting them. It's not even debatable. It'll come back to you, and all the other bottom feeders[/QUOTE]

I have to agree. It's people like this that caused Amazon to remove their "price match guarantee". Wow I miss those days. No buyer's remorse. You bought something for $19.99, and it dropped to $9.99 a week later, a simple e-mail and "bam $10 credit applied to your order". Now you have to contact them to return the item, and then reorder the item.

I'm all for saving all the money you can (why I'm a member here- don't buy anything off Amazon or other sites without checking CAG out first), but nickel and diming them is where I say "enough is enough". I'm guessing this same person was the type that contacted Amazon every time an item they purchased dropped even $1. The actions of a few punish us all as consumers.

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']I have to agree. It's people like this that caused Amazon to remove their "price match guarantee". Wow I miss those days. No buyer's remorse. You bought something for $19.99, and it dropped to $9.99 a week later, a simple e-mail and "bam $10 credit applied to your order". Now you have to contact them to return the item, and then reorder the item.

I'm all for saving all the money you can (why I'm a member here- don't buy anything off Amazon or other sites without checking CAG out first), but nickel and diming them is where I say "enough is enough". I'm guessing this same person was the type that contacted Amazon every time an item they purchased dropped even $1. The actions of a few punish us all as consumers.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm the same way. I don't nickel and dime them. If they put it up at the wrong price and people buy it then that's one thing (I think Battle Royale 1/2 was $19.99, then jumped up to like $35), but at least they still have a preorder price guarantee. I pre-ordered Eagleheart Season 1 on there, didn't even realize it dropped in price until I got an e-mail like the day I got the DVD the mail saying I was being refunded $3 because of the price drop.

I'm sure Alien Anthnology is going to drop to $30 or below soon. Seems like it's been going down in price quick. Then again, LOTR EE was $50 for a while then went back up and now $50 is the deal of the week..

[quote name='Astroranagun']alien anthology drop is to hype for prometheus movie coming soon next friday[/QUOTE]

I know the deal is "dead", but you're right. From the previews and trailers I've seen, the movie should be #1 this weekend. Looks like a scary ass movie! :applause:

bread's done
Back