Amazon gold box gone? Dragon crown question

Kenshindono

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Wasn't sure where to ask this. I figure this is the best bet. I havent bought from Amazon in months. I got sick of them shipping LE games and stuff in bubble mailers. I was just checking my old preorders and noticed Dragon Crown wasn't there. It was an old gold box deal and they canceled it for no reason and then put it back up.

Im kinda pissed about that. I was actually looking on the site and I dont even see a gold box daily deal section anymore. Did they move the button or just take it out entirely? I was also wondering if there was a way to double check what i had it pre ordered for because i think i want to call customer service and get it matched to that again. Its BS that they just canceled it for no reason like that.

*edit: actually i think it was 29.99 or 39.99 when i ordered it. is there any way to check?

Last edited by a moderator:
Click Today's Deals to get to gold box.

As far as I know, $29.99 was the preorder price everywhere, not just an Amazon gold box price. Unfortunately, they cancelled all preorders for Dragon's Crown because it lost its original publisher, Ignition, and its release was uncertain for about a month. Atlus then picked up publishing duties, and stated the following:

"It’s still way too early in development to be talking about specifics, but we can say that the game simply cannot retail for $29.99. We don’t know where that price point came from, but it is a logistical impossibility. We’re all gamers and we all wished it could be so, but it would have essentially destroyed any chance for profitability."

As far as getting it matched, that's a crapshoot, since I'm not sure they have any obligation to honor that price since the original publisher dropped the product. You should have an email record from when you placed the preorder in the first place if you want to try. Good luck.

ah there used to be a little gold box icon, but there it is under the todays deal thing. THanks.

As for Dragon crown.. do you get emails for orders? Hmm just double checked and yes I do see the email. I wonder what the best way to get them to match it would be. Calling or e-mailing? what a pain in the arse. Thanks for the info

[quote name='Kenshindono']ah there used to be a little gold box icon, but there it is under the todays deal thing. THanks.

As for Dragon crown.. do you get emails for orders? Hmm just double checked and yes I do see the email. I wonder what the best way to get them to match it would be. Calling or e-mailing? what a pain in the arse. Thanks for the info[/QUOTE]The only shot you'd have at it would be to make a new order at the new price and then send them an email about it, asking them to match the old $29.99 price. Reference the canceled order number and see what they'll do.

Most likely, you'll be told no and that'll be it. They may honor it, though probably not.

bread's done
Back