Amazon Gold Box Lightning Deal - InFamous and DS3 Controller Bundle PS3 $47.99

I bet the claimed % is from mostly small store resellers looking to cash in on the soccer mom crowd near xmas time.. Little jimmy needs an extra controller.. $54.99.. For $5 more they can grab a decent game.. $12 profit per item sold... Bundles always do well during the holidays...Just saying!

BTW.. This was my attempt to keep the thread lightly active with meaningful conversation instead of all of us throwing up breakfast at the screen..

These lightning deals are always so funny. They're either way off base with bad prices or surprise bundles nobody wants.

Amazon has fallen this year from best retailer to non-factor.

[quote name='WebWizard']I bet the claimed % is from mostly small store resellers looking to cash in on the soccer mom crowd near xmas time.. Little jimmy needs an extra controller.. $54.99.. For $5 more they can grab a decent game.. $12 profit per item sold... Bundles always do well during the holidays...Just saying!

BTW.. This was my attempt to keep the thread lightly active with meaningful conversation instead of all of us throwing up breakfast at the screen..[/QUOTE]
Maybe soccer moms have caught on to Amazon's Gold Box deals. 27% already claimed.

[quote name='skubish']I agree Amazon is really going downhill fast. I dread holiday deals being nothing but GCs.[/QUOTE]
They just aren't interested in promoting deals anymore. Predatory pricing has become their MO this year.

If you're looking for a Dualshock and Infamous, which I am, is this a good deal? I was considering getting this at full price as my DS3 broke a few days back so this is perfect timing for me.

[quote name='ssjmichael']If you're looking for a Dualshock and Infamous, which I am, is this a good deal? I was considering getting this at full price as my DS3 broke a few days back so this is perfect timing for me.[/QUOTE]

It saves you $12 plus tax.. So if your in need "now" it's a decent deal if looking for both at same time (I am not, as most ppl in this thread, thus the complaints). Your essentially getting infamous for free at this price.. If you were not in a big hurry you could buy separate on ebay and get a little better deal and pick your color DS3..

[quote name='WebWizard']It saves you $12 plus tax.. So if your in need "now" it's a decent deal if looking for both at same time (I am not, as most ppl in this thread, thus the complaints). Your essentially getting infamous for free at this price.. If you were not in a big hurry you could buy separate on ebay and get a little better deal and pick your color DS3..[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I "claimed" one but I'll think it over before I buy it. I'm charged tax unfortunately so it comes out to $52. Still not terrible, but not great either. My controller still works, but the L2 button gets stuck every now and then.

I'm a bit wary of buying DS3's off ebay, but I'll look through some auctions.

edit: It made frontpage over at SD, with some better reactions than on here: http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?sduid=86594&t=2191453

bread's done
Back