Amazon Golden Axe Beast Rider 19.99

I kind of want to try it, honestly. I "mained" Tyris, so to speak, back on the Genesis. My brother was always Thunderhead.
We kicked ass.

However, I'm going to wait for this to hit $10, because it obviously will.

Wish there was a demo...I heard it completely sucks so I don't know if I wanna pay 20 bucks just to try it. But thanks anyways, I'll keep an eye out for when it drops again.

The only good thing about this game was that I got it for 9.99 over Xmas then traded it in for $25 during EB game deals, this game sucks.

Tried out this game, not much interested in it. boring.
iy.gif

iy.gif

[quote name='Spoon_si']i'm tempted but i expect this to be under 9.99 used in a few months...[/QUOTE]

It was $10 back in December. I actually liked it but I wouldn't pay more than $10 for it and yes I finished the game. I didn't play it for 10 minutes and give up.

I rented it after a friend basically paid for the rental, so I paid nothing to play it. It wasn't worth that much. The friend played for an hour and then said forget it (on a five day rental). This game stinks. I might pay up to $10 for a new copy just to have it in my collection (ie 'these games suck' collection)

Critics were really hard on it, and although it isn't fun to play it isn't *bad*. However, I'd wait for someone to post the $9.99 thread that is inevitable, if I were you.

I think it's a pretty fun game, even if it gets repetitive at times. The violence is amusing. The occasional Golden Axe touches (such as when you finally fight the skeletons or hear some classic music) are nice. If you don't have high expectations but enjoy basic brawlers, it's worth a buy. But the Achievements are practically impossible, if that matters.

I bought this game on at target for 12.99 and its awful I never trade in games but made a exception for it and got lucky and got 20 for it.

I actually really liked the game. Got it for Black Friday and I had a blast with it. Was a lot of fun for folks who enjoy a DMC/NG style tough hack-and-slash.

I was depressed after buying this and trying it out. It is not the game I used to play in the arcade when I was younger. ITS A MOCKERY!!! hehe sorry for the drama.. just really didnt like this game.

I defended this game when it came out and tried my best to enjoy it, but it's just too repetitive and poorly laid out. It is a sad fact that this game even carries the Golden Axe name, since it really leaves out everything that was fun about the old-school games.

I rented this game back when it came out. It's not as bad as everyone would lead you to believe. The main problem is that it's too punishing. About halfway through the game, the ONLY way to hurt enemies is to block or parry their attacks, and if you miss (or more likely get attacked by two baddies at once), you're hosed. It should have been dumb gory fun, but it's too technical. Looks nice though.

If you're in the mood for something like this, you'd be better off picking up the similarly themed (and priced) Viking: Battle of Asgard, or Conan the Barbarian.

roc's feather;5503239 said:
If you're in the mood for something like this, you'd be better off picking up the similarly themed (and priced) Viking: Battle of Asgard, or Conan the Barbarian.

I have Conan and it's a decent game. Got it for $10 but it's got some nasty save bugs which make you restart the entire adventure. I played it on "hard" the first time and got nearly to the end when this bug reared its ugly a55 and I could proceed no further. There are workarounds but obviously I didn't know about it until I'm "bugged" and searched the Internet. So anyone wants to get Conan should google the workaround before making the same mistake I did.

It's an excellent game if you can appreciate a game for it's combat, and deal with thats all the game really is.

Not bland per se. It's bloody, and can be fun when you get a string going. But it requires more precision than can reasonably be expected, and you'll often get hit by off screen enemies through no fault of your own. This will kill your combo meter and you'll lose any money you've earned by it (or "tribute" to the gods as the game calls it).

bread's done
Back