Amazon - Halo 4 - $17.99 FSSS/Prime

I dont know shit about Halo. Why did this game get so much hate? I know people think 343 screwed it up somehow but is it still a good game? What if I just want to play single player? Does it have offline split screen? Should I be googling all this instead?

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']Thanks! Got one. Wanted it so bad but am poor. Do have tons of Amazon credit from trading in books though! lol.[/QUOTE]

Lol. no. from gs :)

[quote name='emperordahc']As I'm not planning to get an xbox one, really don't want to start a new trilogy. Sigh.[/QUOTE]

It's good on its own. Of course it opens the story more but it has closure within itself.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I dont know shit about Halo. Why did this game get so much hate? I know people think 343 screwed it up somehow but is it still a good game? What if I just want to play single player? Does it have offline split screen? Should I be googling all this instead?[/QUOTE]

Short version: because bungie didn't make it. Anytime you have any big media franchise: movie, television, video game, whatever, and you change who is running/making it, it always "sucks", whether it does or not. To be fair, though, most of the time it actually does.

[quote name='mietha']Short version: because bungie didn't make it. Anytime you have any big media franchise: movie, television, video game, whatever, and you change who is running/making it, it always "sucks", whether it does or not. To be fair, though, most of the time it actually does.[/QUOTE]

Well, it's mostly due to them abandoning a lot of Halo's multiplayer staples. They tried really hard to target the CoD crowd and alienated their core in the process. I still like Halo 4, but I agree with a lot of the complaints.

[quote name='uhnsk']Well, it's mostly due to them abandoning a lot of Halo's multiplayer staples. They tried really hard to target the CoD crowd and alienated their core in the process. I still like Halo 4, but I agree with a lot of the complaints.[/QUOTE]

Nailed it.

The game isn't bad for multiplayer, it just isn't to the level Halo CE-3 are. The game is a lot better now with the improvements to MP from what it launched with though.

Also here's a look at the population.

bread's done
Back