[Amazon] Halo Wars Platinum Hits - $18.99 with FSSS (Includes $20 in DLC)

Walt Jay

CAGiversary!
Feedback
174 (100%)
Not the greatest deal, but pretty good if you're in the market for a console RTS. The Platinum Hits edition includes a voucher for the two DLC packs, Historical Battle Map Pack and Strategic Options, both of which cost 800 MSP ($10) each. They both also add a total of 200 new achievement points.

Overall, not a bad deal for $18.99 (full game plus $20 in DLC).

Link:
http://www.amazon.com/Halo-Wars-Platinum-Hits-Xbox-360/dp/B0034JKYO6/

Description of DLC.
Experience Halo Wars in a whole new way with the Strategic Options Game Add-on. Three new game modes will require players to re-think their entire strategy and approach to the game. The modes include: Keepaway – capture the flag style game; Tug of War – who can field and maintain the strongest army; and Reinforcements – adapt your tactics as you are granted waves of troops.
Expand your Halo Wars experience with the Historical Battle Map Pack Add-on. These new maps highlight key turning points in the epic war between the UNSC and Covenant forces. The maps include: Blood River – battle a single opponent over a treacherous natural chokepoint; Barrens – engage your enemy in the midst of the Flood; and Memorial Basin – two vs. two team play in one of the bloodiest battles in Halo history.

It's only 1$ of from its original price so its not really a deal...The DLCs are pretty terrible and very overpriced. They should be 200 MPS or less right now but the price is not going down.

The game is very good though, I really enjoyed it. Hope someone finds this deal useful.

It's a good price for a pretty good RTS with the full suite of (admittedly lackluster) DLC, but I'm not sure 5% off MSRP is any kind of deal. Thanks anyway, OP.

Best RTS on the consoles, if that means anything, with a very active community. Just make sure you look up strategies on Warthog rush and anti-Warthog rush. Also those DLC's have NEVER gone on sale and with the launch of Halo Reach gone by, may never go on sale.

don't get it for the DLC, there were like 5-10 people that appeared to have the DLC last time I played (month or so back), i couldnt get a single game for any of the dlc. the game is great though, a bit over simplified, but once you get used to playing it's a pretty fun and (at least for me) rather relaxing game, like if CoD or something has you wanting to toss your control thru your tv, it's a good game to pop in and chill out with.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Best RTS on the consoles, if that means anything, with a very active community. Just make sure you look up strategies on Warthog rush and anti-Warthog rush. Also those DLC's have NEVER gone on sale and with the launch of Halo Reach gone by, may never go on sale.[/QUOTE]

Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle Earth II is a far better RTS.

Halo Wars is a godawful game which literally died in playtime overnight because there's no strategy to it. It is important to note that it (and LOTR) have dead servers online.

I have been waiting for the DLC for this game to go on sale for so long now. I got this game about year ago and hada blast with it. Come on MS put this on dotw already (or just lower the price for good!).

Does anyone know if the Platinum edition comes with the DLC on disc or is it a code? I have half a mind to buy the Platinum edition, use the DLC code, and trade it in back to Amazon right away. That would get me the DLC for $10.

[quote name='iHN Jury']Does anyone know if the Platinum edition comes with the DLC on disc or is it a code? I have half a mind to buy the Platinum edition, use the DLC code, and trade it in back to Amazon right away. That would get me the DLC for $10.[/QUOTE]

Code, not on the disc. Your plan would indeed work.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Code, not on the disc. Your plan would indeed work.[/QUOTE]

Looks like I'm getting the DLC for $7.75

I figure if it were to EVER go on sale, it'd probably be $5 a piece anyway. This is probably the best deal.

I picked this up at Amazon last month for $19.99. Very much worth the price :) I hadn't played an RTS on the xbox before and it has been fun - i'm only half way through the campaign though.

Damn, the price on this is holding pretty steady. well just like any halo game. Glad I bought the collectors edition a while ago from Dell, it was around 30 bucks.

bread's done
Back