Amazon Harvest Moon 3D: A New Beginning 3DS $19.99 FSSS

I have Harvest Moon 64 and I never understood what to do in the game. This deal is tempting because since its on the 3ds I can take it anywhere with me and I can put some more time into understanding the game.

I liked the Gamecube Harvest Moon, but didn't like the ones that mobile versions that followed for the GBA, DS, and PSP. Don't really want to risk it again.

Lowest price I've seen. Almost got this last week during Target's b2g1.

Thanks op for adding another game to my already heavy 3DS backlog ^^

Tempted on getting this never played any of the games myself but heard a fair amount of praise for the series.

Excellent price if I didn't get it from the Natsume Shop (Need my giant Cow Plushie!) I would be getting it now. Quite a bit of fun and better than the last one I played (The Festival one). Worth it!

Damnit.. just price matched this for $30 at Besy Buy last week. This game is 100% worth it for the $30, let alone $20 if you're a Harvest Moon fan.

Honestly I haven't really been happy with any harvest moons since Back to Nature for the PS, but this game does the series justice. My favorite Harvest Moon is HM64 and then Back to Nature, this one is probably 3rd. I had my doubts about it too because the box art and the trailers/previews make the game look a little iffy but it's really worth it. It starts kind of slow like Harvest Moon but once you hit first summer it really starts to take off.

Damn bought it for $30, yet never opened it. Then I won an auction with an opened copy + some of the preorder plushies, so definitely regret that. Great game though and good deal!

I got this after returning a Persona 4 Golden to the store (ended up not getting a vita.) I have yet to play much but those who are fans of the series say do not sell anything you gather outside of insects that are not bees. They make it easy to sell off items you will need at a later time.

[quote name='bappt']I got this after returning a Persona 4 Golden to the store (ended up not getting a vita.) I have yet to play much but those who are fans of the series say do not sell anything you gather outside of insects that are not bees. They make it easy to sell off items you will need at a later time.[/QUOTE]

Haha yah.. it's safe to say that you should keep almost everything, even weeds. It's ok to sell bugs though, just keep a couple of each bee as stated by bappt. I made the mistake of selling off Honey Combs and had to do some trading online so I could get bee hives going in Summer. You can sell crops you grow too if you want, just save a few.

def great game. Has a twist compared old snes/n64 game where u can move stuff around town and build stuff. but def worth it

[quote name='JCally']Went out of stock quickly, hopefully they honor the backorder.[/QUOTE]

They recently honored my backordered Wii classic controller so it seems likely they will for this too.

yeah, it's nintendo's answer to the farmville craze
you have to get people on your 3DS friend list to click on your cows and everything

[quote name='moothemagiccow']yeah, it's nintendo's answer to the farmville craze
you have to get people on your 3DS friend list to click on your cows and everything[/QUOTE]
Not exactly. Harvest Moon is made by Natsume not Nintendo, which is why it has appeared on non-Nintendo systems. And it's been around for far longer than Farmville, the first game was back on the SNES.

So I haven't played a Harvest Moon since GameCube. I didn't like it a whole lot but I didn't exactly hate it either. It just felt like it was missing something. I was wondering if the franchise has changed much since last gen, because from what I've seen, it looks like pretty much the same.

Hmmm... My daughter loves these games, but she wasnt too keen on the tale of 2 towns 3DS version. She said the graphics were just like the DS one. How is this one compared to the 1st 3DS outing? This would be a good easter gift.

[quote name='Vap']So I haven't played a Harvest Moon since GameCube. I didn't like it a whole lot but I didn't exactly hate it either. It just felt like it was missing something. I was wondering if the franchise has changed much since last gen, because from what I've seen, it looks like pretty much the same.[/QUOTE]

This ones better than the GC HM. I played that one for a little while but never completed it.. I haven't completed this one either, but it just keeps getting better and better. I'm coming into the first winter right now. They've added a ton of features and there is a constant feel of progression from what I've got from it so far. That's how a Harvest Moon game should feel.

[quote name='brewin']Hmmm... My daughter loves these games, but she wasnt too keen on the tale of 2 towns 3DS version. She said the graphics were just like the DS one. How is this one compared to the 1st 3DS outing? This would be a good easter gift.[/QUOTE]

This one is better than ToTT. I played that one up to the first fall and it just started to feel like work, it wasn't at all relaxing/laid back as HM normally feels. I really wanted to like ToTT too becaue I thought the graphics/art was really nice. It just got way to repetitive way to quick and unlocking new things just takes a ridiculous amount of time. In HM: ANB it feels like you're unlocking something new quite often and you actually feel like you're accomplishing something.

[quote name='Vap']So I haven't played a Harvest Moon since GameCube. I didn't like it a whole lot but I didn't exactly hate it either. It just felt like it was missing something. I was wondering if the franchise has changed much since last gen, because from what I've seen, it looks like pretty much the same.[/QUOTE]

it is quite similar

[quote name='moothemagiccow']yeah, it's nintendo's answer to the farmville craze
you have to get people on your 3DS friend list to click on your cows and everything[/QUOTE]

I doubt Farmville or any other farming sim would come to be if not for Harvest Moon.

Thanks OP, grabbed a copy last night. Might as well get games my wife has never played since she's never giving the f%#@$ 3DS back anyway.

[quote name='Pixie Stix 88']Dead on amazon?[/QUOTE]
Not dead, just oos. You can still place an order by selecting Amazon as the seller.

Any way to get the eshop version at this price? I wish amazon sold discounted eshop game codes. Retail price for a download is extortionate.

bread's done
Back