Amazon HD DVD Price Drops

GizmoGC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
84 (98%)
Amazon just dropped some prices... (from HDD Forums)

Ocean's Trilogy (Ocean's Eleven / Ocean's Twelve / Ocean's Thirteen) - $31.99 from $55.95
Planet Earth - The Complete BBC Series - $39.99 from $66.95
The Complete Matrix Trilogy (The Matrix/ The Matrix Reloaded/ The Matrix Revolutions) - $39.99 from $69.95
Harry Potter Years 1-5 Limited Edition Gift Set - $59.99 from $104.95

Ocean's Thirteen (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) - $15.99 from $27.95
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) - $14.49 from $24.95
2001 - A Space Odyssey - $11.49 from $19.95
A Clockwork Orange - $11.49 from $19.95
A Room with a View - $11.49 from $19.95
Batman Begins - $11.49 from $16.49
Blazing Saddles - $11.49 from $19.95
Blue Planet (IMAX) - $11.49 from $18.95
Bullitt - $11.49 from $19.95
Casablanca - $11.49 from $19.95
Constantine - $11.49 from $16.95
Forbidden Planet - $11.49 from $19.95
Galapagos - $11.49 from $19.95
Goodfellas - $11.49 from $19.95
Superman - The Movie - $11.49 from $19.95
Terminator 3 - Rise of the Machines - $11.49 from $19.95
The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938) - $11.49 from $19.95
The Phantom of the Opera - $11.49 from $15.95
The Shining - $11.49 from $19.95
Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory - $11.49 from $19.95
Appleseed Ex Machina (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) - $13.99 from $23.95
August Rush (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) - $14.49 from $23.95
I Am Legend (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) - $14.49 from $24.95
P.S. I Love You - $14.49 from $24.95
300 (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) - $15.99 from $26.95
Music and Lyrics (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) - $15.99 from $27.95

Thanks for the post. I canceled my previous Appleseed order and replaced it with this new price. It won't ship until October for me anyways just because it's shipping with the Korg-DS I pre-ordered.

i was just going to post this, when i checked my amazon account and saw all my hd-dvd's in my cart had dropped in price. in for: appleseed willy wonka

Just so you guys know most of these are cheaper on DDD.com. Most are on backorder but from my experience they will ship eventually (and are about $3-5 cheaper).

[quote name='equest943']Thanks for the post. I canceled my previous Appleseed order and replaced it with this new price. It won't ship until October for me anyways just because it's shipping with the Korg-DS I pre-ordered.[/quote]

woah. a thousand thank-yous! i almost forgot about this one. just preordered a couple of them. can't wait to try this synth out!

I'll probably pick up the Ocean's Trilogy. Not into Harry Potter (got to see if wifey likes them) but most others I already have aside from a select few like galapagos and appleseed :drool:

[quote name='cuco33']I'll probably pick up the Ocean's Trilogy. Not into Harry Potter (got to see if wifey likes them) but most others I already have aside from a select few like galapagos and appleseed :drool:[/quote]

Ocean's is $19.99 on DeepDiscount, and like the other guy said, they have been shipping them out even though they are on backorder. It might take a little longer to ship, but it's worth it if you aren't in a big hurry.

Get them while they are low-Amazon no longer gives refunds for price decreases as of 8/31. If you've not heard, there is a thread at CAG, or you can google it....

These prices are still kinda high for HD-DVD. I guess this work's if you don't live near a Frys when they randomly put HD-DVD's on sale for 9.99. Also try checking out Frys.com i think regularly they price them out at 11.99 with some being lower.

[quote name='Cloggerdude']Ocean's is $19.99 on DeepDiscount, and like the other guy said, they have been shipping them out even though they are on backorder. It might take a little longer to ship, but it's worth it if you aren't in a big hurry.[/quote]

this is true. i just ordered it on the 20th and was told it was backordered. i received another e-mail on the 28th telling me that the Ocean's set had shipped! great price for all three flicks.

[quote name='Grumpy Junglist']These prices are still kinda high for HD-DVD. I guess this work's if you don't live near a Frys when they randomly put HD-DVD's on sale for 9.99. Also try checking out Frys.com i think regularly they price them out at 11.99 with some being lower.[/quote]

they've dropped even further to $7.99 now. Yeah I have a Frys nearby so I would go there for HD DVDs. Amazon still has decent HD DVD prices though.

I picked up the last HD-DVD I've been wanting but never got around to - Constantine.

At this point I think my HD-DVD collection has been completed, baring any insane $3 specials somewhere.

Some of those that i want are still kinda high. Deep discount still has a better deal, if they have it in stock.

[quote name='KSHLove']they've dropped even further to $7.99 now. Yeah I have a Frys nearby so I would go there for HD DVDs. Amazon still has decent HD DVD prices though.[/quote]

That is on selected titles, I went last week to pickup the Bourne hd-dvd's and 2 of them rang up at 14.99, the ones i saw the prices listed at 7.99 were junk titles.

I placed a deepdiscount order just this past weekend. I just recieved a notice that 6 of my 11 are shipped. The others are on backorder but I am fairly certain they will ship.

deep discount still has better prices. amazon needs to get with the program. i still want to see heroes season 1 at a decent price some where

bread's done
Back