Amazon HD-DVD Sale; Select Titles up to 57% off.

I don't know when the huge sales will be but I've already seen most HD movies for less than $20. Your examples of Shooter and Children of Men have both been in Best Buy's B1G1F for essentially $15 each.

I'm not really buying that many more HD-DVDs. Mainly waiting for the boxed sets to get really cheap like Heroes and Planet Earth.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']I don't know when the huge sales will be but I've already seen most HD movies for less than $20. Your examples of Shooter and Children of Men have both been in Best Buy's B1G1F for essentially $15 each.[/quote]

Yes, but I would like to have them in a B1G1 using the Amazon 50% off prices, so they are at $10 a piece or less. That's why I haven't already bought them - I was expecting the HD-DVD death, and the subsequent low prices.

[quote name='blackhole82']I'm not really buying that many more HD-DVDs. Mainly waiting for the boxed sets to get really cheap like Heroes and Planet Earth.[/quote]

planet erath was $29.99 shipped all day yesterday at the discover ychannel store

[quote name='blackhole82']I'm not really buying that many more HD-DVDs. Mainly waiting for the boxed sets to get really cheap like Heroes and Planet Earth.[/QUOTE]

Planet Earth was $29 bucks shipped yesterday from Discovery...dont think the sale is still on today tho.

[quote name='Malik112099']planet erath was $29.99 shipped all day yesterday at the discover ychannel store[/quote]

The Discovery Channel version, yes...however, it has ~1 hour less footage, is only in 1080i, and had Sigorney (sp?) Weaver as narrator, compared to the BBC version. I have no preference on the narrator, but the extra hour of footage is what makes me want to wait on a discount on the BBC version.

[quote name='Malik112099']planet erath was $29.99 shipped all day yesterday at the discover ychannel store[/quote]

I'm waiting on the BBC version that I keep hearing so much about. Amazon carries that one.

[quote name='uli2000']Deep Discount has had lots of titles for $12.20. NOt sure if any of the ones you are looking for are at that price.[/quote]Got one of them for $2.20 through Google Checkout shipped, one hell of a deal!

[quote name='uli2000']Deep Discount has had lots of titles for $12.20. NOt sure if any of the ones you are looking for are at that price.[/quote]

Unfortunately, no, the ones I really want to pick up are not at that price. I am just hoping the cheapass in me saying "Wait until they are under $10!" does not cause me to miss out on buying them while retailers still have them in stock.

i really want to get all 3 bourne movies on hd dvd...but havne't really found any tempting prices...same with the harry potter boxset

[quote name='ryanbph']i really want to get all 3 bourne movies on hd dvd...but havne't really found any tempting prices...same with the harry potter boxset[/QUOTE]

The best price was actually before the HD DVD death announcement for $12.50 each at Best Buy.

I don't know if we really are going to see the crazy fire sales everyone keeps talking about. Do you really expect to be able to find a copy of 300 in HD for like 5 bucks? When the SD version still runs like 15?

Don't expect some magic Atari like sale where everything cost 50 cents.

[quote name='KingDox']I don't know if we really are going to see the crazy fire sales everyone keeps talking about. Do you really expect to be able to find a copy of 300 in HD for like 5 bucks? When the SD version still runs like 15?

Don't expect some magic Atari like sale where everything cost 50 cents.[/quote]

Sadly you'll probably be right since it sounds like most retailers are shipping them back to the vendor instead of doing a clearance on them. Makes me wonder what the vendors are going to do with them though. o_O;;

Yeah I don't think this amazing sale everyone expects is actually going to happen.

I have a feeling its going to be some sales like these and then they are going to be pulled and destroyed in the desert in a giant bon fire that bill gates will dance nude around.

So yeah... We will have a ton of weak sales on crappy movies until the end of time.

The Hollywood Video deal is a great way to pick up various movies for 10$. I just wish they had Planet Earth! I have a bunch on hold to pick up tomorrow (and will be getting Beowulf - fingers crossed - on Tuesday w/Blade Runner 5 DVD set; both for 10$ each!).

[quote name='KingDox']I don't know if we really are going to see the crazy fire sales everyone keeps talking about. Do you really expect to be able to find a copy of 300 in HD for like 5 bucks? When the SD version still runs like 15?

Don't expect some magic Atari like sale where everything cost 50 cents.[/QUOTE]

Even if retailers don't have a huge clearance sale there will be a fair amount of people desperately trying to get rid of their HD DVDs and selling them for really cheap on sites like eBay and Half.com (this is already showing up with some HD DVDs). Plus stores that stock used HD DVDs are likely to discount them too after no one buys them after a while.

bread's done
Back