Amazon Hori Vita Screen Protector $5.73 + free standard shipping (no filler needed)

Have it, love it. Flawless. My 2 cents :)

Applied super easy, but then I've never had any screen protector issues for any device before with any brand.

IIRC the MSRP for this screen protector is just $6.99 but it is an AMAZING screen protector. Unlike the official sony ones these covers the entire front face and have cutouts for all the buttons and the camera.

Here is a great youtube instructional video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd9EDPtcxYo

I have put this on both my black 3G Vita and white AC vita and it looks perfect. I can't stress enough to make sure you properly clean the screen and remove any dust or debris prior to applying the protector.

This means double checking before you remove the protective barrier. Even the slightest piece of dirt or hair will cause a noticeable bubble however if you do it right it looks brilliant and you will barely notice it.

I used the "steam your bathroom shower for 5 minutes on hottest temp to drop all dust in the room" before opening the brand new vita, so it was 100% dust free for me. :)

Hmm, cool, but I just bought the Zagg maximum protection Vita set. Since I wanted something that covered the back as well. I know Hori makes pretty darn good stuff, but does the Zagg one suck? If anyone knows.

Also I think the Zagg one has a lifetime replacement warranty.

Edit: Forgot to ask, why is there a 'newer version of the item' but currently unavailable? Does anyone know the differences (if any) between Hori Vita protectors v1 and v2?

These aren't ideal if you are using grips like the PDP Trigger grips (which I highly recommend). It will cause the protector to bunch and bubble at some of the edges.

You might still be looking for a screen protector so try have a look at this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006ROO1XA/ . The one on my vita, x3 pairs of front and back sheets of protectors. So not only the screen is protected but the back touch panel as well. Just as clear as the steinheil screen protectors on my phone, its like not even there once you put it perfectly.

EDIT: It comes with a cleaning cloth to clean your vita with before applying the protector but i didn't use it as the cleaning cloth i got from a 3d glasses feels finer to touch and is bigger too.

My experience with AMazon is that most "temporarily out of stock" items come in stock within 1-2 days anyway, wouldn't be surprised if it ships on Monday.

[quote name='LawLessChaoz']I already have the official Sony screen protectors. Are the Hori ones better or easier to applied?[/QUOTE]

Yes much better

The tape leaves residue at the top which makes a small airbubble. Which is fine if it doesn't bother you but don't peel the protector off... The vacuum SUCKS IN DUST and it just gets ridiculous.

But that first time, it went on 99% perfect.

[quote name='LawLessChaoz']I already have the official Sony screen protectors. Are the Hori ones better or easier to applied?[/QUOTE]

Hori is nice, but in this particular case the Sony one was actually easier to install for me. It left zero air bubbles and did not attract extra dust during application.

[quote name='dragonjud']Hori is nice, but in this particular case the Sony one was actually easier to install for me. It left zero air bubbles and did not attract extra dust during application.[/QUOTE]

Same .. I sucked so hard on the hori . I bought like 3x hori pack and couldnt get it perf to the way i like . Then i used the sony one and it was perfect . But if you can get the hori on good enough or perfect i reccomend that over the sony one

I bought it at Walmart for the same price, though I had it shipped to store, this way, if I screw it up, and I just screwed up the one I purchased from Amazon, I will just return it. It also took me two protectors to get it right on the 3DS XL.

This made me glad that I bought a used Vita from AWD that came with a screen protector already. It was applied perfectly centered with no bubble. There is no way in hell i'd be able to d o something like that even if its the best screen protector in the world

How are you guys applying your screen protectors? From all the trouble your having I just keep imagining that you all are removing the backing completely and then trying to "drop" it into place.

If you follow the steps in the you tube video, which happen to be pretty straightforward, there is really no guesswork and you shouldn't have any problems. You just need to make sure you thoroughly clean the screen before doing the first step that involves anchoring the screen protector to the top of the vita and then double checking for dust/dirt prior to removing the first backing.

[quote name='GBAstar']How are you guys applying your screen protectors? From all the trouble your having I just keep imagining that you all are removing the backing completely and then trying to "drop" it into place.

If you follow the steps in the you tube video, which happen to be pretty straightforward, there is really no guesswork and you shouldn't have any problems. You just need to make sure you thoroughly clean the screen before doing the first step that involves anchoring the screen protector to the top of the vita and then double checking for dust/dirt prior to removing the first backing.[/QUOTE]

I think they're improving their directions and implementations as they go. When I first tried it, I did not do what I thought was 'hokey pokey' unnecessary steps. I just removed the entire backing and tried to get it on. However, the extra skin is there for a reason. It basically drags across part of the screen, and removes any extra dirt/dust as it comes off.
On the Vita version, though, the directions (before the youtube video), basically suck badly.

In the most recent iterations (in particular the Wii-u), they've got it down perfectly. Instead of one big sheet, they have two tabs, which clean any last minute dust as they come off the protector. It's better this way as there's less room for error/dust/lint on a larger screen.

This is worth it. I got it for $6.99 the same day i ordered the Liberation Bundle for 180. Glad i did, it seals up nicely with no bubbles( and I'm the kinda guy that always gets bubbles on my devices). But for the love of god, watch an instruction video. If you don't, there is a good chance you will waste 5+ bucks. Not that you folks are stupid, it's just the instructions suck.

Mmm I already have the PS one on my vita, plus got the mad catz clear case, so I dunno if I should drop another 6 :\ , but dang its pretty

Just bought two. Hoping I can get these on right with no problem I bought the Sony brand ones when I picked up my first edition bundle but I had no luck getting them on dust was trapped every single attempt even after I tried doing it in a steamy room from what others suggested. Don't know if I will apply it first thing though thinking about sending my vita in to get mark on the screen fixed doubt they will fix it though its been there since I got the system right out of the box but gamestop would not exchange it because they said it was not noticeable enough but it appears to be a crack underneath cause it has been increasing in size ever since. Think I will just end up buying another vita before it is over with.

[quote name='wilflare']anyone has recommendations for cases though?[/QUOTE]

The case that came with the PS Vita First Edition bundle is really great it holds the system, has four slots for games each holding up two games you could probably fit more but you might scratch your cartridges up, and it has a netting where you can put headphones, AR cards, etc into. I have no idea if you can buy the case still by itself but if you can find it on ebay its a great case to have.

I use the official Sony one which is really good honestly. I don't think I will be damaging the other areas the newer hori screen protector covers any time soon. Even so Hori always has great screen protectors.

Hmmm... If this is anything like the covers I put on my iPhones a while ago I'll pass. It is pretty much impossible to get rid of every piece of dust. I had to do my phone 3 times and finally with the steamy bathroom trick I got it done but it was a miserable experience.

On the other hand, I got a screen protector on my Wii U gamepad very easily and with no bubbles. I think the type really does make a difference and from the posts I see here it looks like this one is the "bad' type that bubbles with every microscopic dust piece. I'll pass and just leave it uncovered - I've never covered a DS or 3DS screen before and never had problems with those. I only did the Wii U gamepad because the kids will be using it a lot.

bread's done
Back