Amazon Kindle games - Added Blackjack (FREE)

[quote name='nintendofan9999']If we have the kindle app on our iphone could we not play this?[/QUOTE]

I don't think you can... you will need the keypad, I just don't see how you pull this off on the iPhone/Touch or even the iPad. Then again, why would you want to play those games on the iPhone/Touch/iPad when you have tons of other similar and better apps :) (not to mention in colors too).

I don't think you can buy these without owning a Kindle. At least I can't.

I got the message:

"Mortalgroove, we currently do not show a device registered to your Amazon account for which this content is available."

Last edited by a moderator:
Just ask yourself what would happen if I posted the deal you want to post. There's your answer. I'd get banned if I posted this shit!

[quote name='ScottBigGame']I have a kindle and I'll download these. Thanks for posting.[/QUOTE]
No problem, I think this is just the beginning, there will be paying Kindle apps soon, so who knows...

I've got a Kindle and grabbed these both. They're pretty cool and fun. Seems like the sky is the limit with this device. We could definitely see some RPGs, and I'd personally love some text-adventures or "interactive fiction".

Anyway, if I hadn't found out about these elsewhere, this would have been my first exposure, so thanks OP!

Nobody buys a Kindle to play games, obviously; it's for reading books, but that doesn't mean it won't be fun to load up a game once in a while, whether a goofy (but well done) little word game, a classic Infocom text adventure, or a minimally graphical RPG of some kind.

[quote name='MICHGoBlue']Haven't tried playing games on my Kindle, I'm sure it's under the "experimental" tab on the device, will try it later.

Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Actually, it's not! You have to get them from the Kindle Store. They're on the front page, though. They're listed as "active" content and actually are not experimental at all; they're the first wave of what will hopefully be increasingly interesting and/or complicated applications. :)

Again, not that anyone buys a Kindle for this, but it's still cool.

I'm enjoying Shuffled Row way more, mainly because I don't feel quite as stupid when compared to Every Word. I guess I need to refresh my vocabulary because I swear I never knew some of those words existed.

Ah, you guys/gals welcome :) Glad that I can be some help. It's good to see people with Kindle actually see the value of those free apps.

Interactive stories (like Heavy Rain without the graphics) will be really cool! I don't like those cheesy stories where you flip to page xxx and it says "you died, the end." :lol:

I don't like those either.

Text-based games are way cooler, though, like with an inventory and lots of locations and permutations. I think the Heavy Rain example is a good one. While the classics are great, and I'd love to see things like Zork on the Kindle, we could probably do even better now. The Kindle isn't an iPad, but it's still a hell of a lot more powerful than the computers people wrote and played Zork on.

I have a feeling games like this could really take off with a lot of Kindle users, people like our wives and mothers. :)

I think they're fun, too.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Just ask yourself what would happen if I posted the deal you want to post. There's your answer. I'd get banned if I posted this shit![/QUOTE]

I don't know why people give you such a hard time. I love you, though, man. *bro hug*

I agree. I think the user base is mostly... well, old ladies. :) But more and more of "us folk" will start adopting, too, and once enough of us get on-board, those of us who are technically savvy will start thinking, 'Hey, I wonder if it can do such and such...'

Or, it's also possible Amazon locks certain things out. But once the app store is up, people will be doing all kinds of stuff and making a few pennies per sale.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Just ask yourself what would happen if I posted the deal you want to post. There's your answer. I'd get banned if I posted this shit![/QUOTE]

If you actually posted this with proper etiquette and used appropriate language (not slang) you probably would have been accepted more. You've developed yourself into a wannabe thug and we're expecting you to post trash & shovelware.

Thanks OP. I'll give these a go.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']If you actually posted this with proper etiquette and used appropriate language (not slang) you probably would have been accepted more. You've developed yourself into a wannabe thug and we're expecting you to post trash & shovelware.

Thanks OP. I'll give these a go.[/QUOTE]

He only wants your love. *bro hugggg*

[quote name='Birbo']Sent to my wife who is a Kindle addict. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

Ditto, thanks OP - and yes, you should continue to post deal like this!

Edit: Well, what do you know, she already got these on August 3rd! You win this round, wife ;).

Between now you can also jailbreak your Kindle. It's main advantage is that you can install your own fonts. Believe it or not, the Kindle does support languages such as Hebrew, Russian, Japanese and Chinese. I had my Kindle installed the Droid language pack, because I'm not a monoglot :)

Oh, jailbreak the Kindle has no effect on any of the Kindle features at all, the fonts are actually crispier than before.

I can't seem to d/l these to my computer (for manual installation) for my Kindle DX (graphite) one. It says I need firmware 2.5, though I have version 2.5.5 - if I go to update, there isn't an option for me (serial number begins with B009, not the same as the white DX). Anyone with a graphite DX get this to work? I'm in the devil's armpit and 3G is decades away, I'm sure.

[quote name='Serpentor']It's going to be laughed at I'm pretty sure. It took me two days to decide to post this or not. Well, free games are free games right? plenty of CAGs bought games without the console :lol:

You can purchase Amazon Kindle contents even if you don't have a Kindle (Kindle is a reading device by the way).

Every Word
http://www.amazon.com/Every-Word/dp/B003P37FW0/ref=pd_ts_kinc-f_1?ie=UTF8&s=digital-text

Shuffled Row
http://www.amazon.com/Shuffled-Row/dp/B003P38AAG/ref=pd_ts_kinc-f_2?ie=UTF8&s=digital-text

I have played both games and they're actually not that bad. The Kindle's keypad is very responsive and the game's interface is not too shabby either.[/QUOTE]

Anyone else see Everyword blocked for the States? Have I pulled the trigger too late and missed a great game?

[quote name='cheeky']Anyone else see Everyword blocked for the States? Have I pulled the trigger too late and missed a great game?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I have too. Even though I'm' not in the US, amazon thinks I am (so I can have access to a greater amount of books).

:lol: Now that makes me want to use those inappropriate words in the game.... This is weird, because even the DS games don't bother with the bad words.

The Amazon Kindle team says:

We have stopped distributing the game Every Word because it has been brought to our attention that the dictionary it uses does not block some inappropriate words. Once fixed, we will make the game available for download. We will also make available an updated version to customers who have already downloaded the earlier version.

[quote name='autche']I can't seem to d/l these to my computer (for manual installation) for my Kindle DX (graphite) one. It says I need firmware 2.5, though I have version 2.5.5 - if I go to update, there isn't an option for me (serial number begins with B009, not the same as the white DX). Anyone with a graphite DX get this to work? I'm in the devil's armpit and 3G is decades away, I'm sure.[/QUOTE]

Here's the Kindle support online page
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200324680

Try to call the support numbers:

• Inside the United States: 1-866-321-8851
  • Outside the United States: 1-206-266-0927
I had problem upgrading to 2.5.5 few weeks ago... The update never automatically activate when I turn the Kindle on (with wireless on too). Then I went with manual update (copy the BIN file to the root directory). Well, it didn't work either... So, I just give them a call. The lady directed me to the expert and I was able to update after following the guy's instruction.

Is there any benefit to jailbreaking a Kindle? Besides fonts, I mean (which I don't really care about at the moment, although Japanese might be nice someday if I could read it better...

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']Is there any benefit to jailbreaking a Kindle? Besides fonts, I mean (which I don't really care about at the moment, although Japanese might be nice someday if I could read it better...[/QUOTE]

The main reason I jailbroke mine was to have custom screensavers. (Instead of the Virginia Woolf, James Joyce, etc. that come up when you put the Kindle to sleep)

I haven't installed any new fonts or anything, though. The default ones work fine for me.

Lots of info & guides (and friendly people) at kindleboards.com about jailbreaking if anyone's interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='io']Edit: Well, what do you know, she already got these on August 3rd! You win this round, wife ;).[/QUOTE]Same here. Out-CAG'd by the wife.

[quote name='simmias']I'm surprised nobody has developed a z-machine interpreter for the Kindle. It's the perfect device for it.[/QUOTE]A z-machine interpreter would get me to buy my own Kindle. Can't have enough z-machine interpreters!

[quote name='Serpentor']Here's the Kindle support online page
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200324680

Try to call the support numbers:

• Inside the United States: 1-866-321-8851
  • Outside the United States: 1-206-266-0927
I had problem upgrading to 2.5.5 few weeks ago... The update never automatically activate when I turn the Kindle on (with wireless on too). Then I went with manual update (copy the BIN file to the root directory). Well, it didn't work either... So, I just give them a call. The lady directed me to the expert and I was able to update after following the guy's instruction.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll give them a call and see how it goes. I appreciate the assist.

I suck even on easy mode. :)

I also noticed there's Solitaire now and a game called... uh... Triple or Triple Kingdom or something. I bought both because I'm a whore. Triple looks especially interesting! Might be or might not be. I'll try it in bed tonight when I'm supposed to be reading something for work instead (or sleeping).

bread's done
Back