Amazon Kinect Availability -- In Stock!

poker360

Banned
http://www.amazon.com/Kinect-Sensor..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1288716717&sr=1-1

No release date delivery, however there is one day and two day shipping with arrival dates of nov. 9 / 8th.

***This is probably their second shipment from microsoft, hence the later arrival dates***

Reminder: The Kinect $150 Bundle is sold out at most online stores, including: Gamestop, bestbuy, walmart, newegg, target

Special Offers and Product Promotions
-Get free 2-day shipping when you use your MasterCard to purchase $75 or more in eligible items from our Holiday Toy List that are sold and shipped by Amazon. If you're an Amazon Prime member, you'll receive a $10 credit towards a future purchase. Here's how (restrictions apply)

-Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)

-Pre-order Bonus--Order this item and get two bonus levels of Rallyball, one bonus level of Reflex Ridge, and a Kinect Adventure Helicopter prop for your Xbox LIVE Avatar. The access code will be e-mailed up to two (2) business days after your product ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid for one purchase per customer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I stopped by my local Target and there were plenty of Kinects on the shelves.
Is Microsoft so sure this thing will sell that many?

[quote name='Benisjamin']My girlfriend wants one really bad for the stupid workout games so I grabbed one when they were back up on Amazon yesterday. I wish there wasn't so much hype so stores would actually have deals on them though![/QUOTE]

She better give you something you want really bad. :lol:

[quote name='kylerg']So still..are the 'pre-order' levels in all new packs?[/QUOTE]

I doubt it...I got my codes from Amazon this morning.

Also, didn't Amazon offer VG credit bonus with pre-order of this thing?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I doubt it...I got my codes from Amazon this morning.

Also, didn't Amazon offer VG credit bonus with pre-order of this thing?[/QUOTE]

I think the pre-order credit was if you ordered it, AND another game. Though I might be wrong on that.

Just got back from my neighbor's house and he's boxing his Kinect up to take it back to Wal-Mart. Doesn't work with his living room configuration. We moved his coffee table (has a stone top and weighs about 80lbs) and was able to get it to work, but he said, "I can't ask you to come over and help me move this every time I want to play."

Before you purchase, make sure you have AT LEAST 8-10 feet of free space in front of your Kinect camera. The box says 6 feet, but you definitely need more than that.

[quote name='LordFlux']
Before you purchase, make sure you have AT LEAST 8-10 feet of free space in front of your Kinect camera. The box says 6 feet, but you definitely need more than that.[/QUOTE]

Or put it on top of the tv.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']I think the pre-order credit was if you ordered it, AND another game. Though I might be wrong on that.[/QUOTE]

You are correct.

Got my codes...
Got my $30 credit...

Got this email:

We're sorry for the delay in shipping the order you placed on September 13 2010 (Order# XXXXX). We have good news -- the order is now being shipped! You should receive a shipping notification shortly, within the next business day, for the following item(s):

"Kinect Sensor with Kinect Adventures!"
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002BSA298

The shipping notification will include an updated estimated delivery date and tracking information if it's available.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this delay.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Or put it on top of the tv.[/QUOTE]

His TV is mounted on the wall and that's actually where we tried it first.

[quote name='Apostle22']I knew the sellouts were fabricated.....Best buy, target, and walmarts in my town all have them in stock.....[/QUOTE]
Ditto.

PLenty at Best Buy. There was a healthy interest while I was there with my 4 yr old son. But they are stocked well.

The tech is more impressive in person than on the internets.

But ..... the pack-in game ain't no WiiSports. Has that generic/junky feeling to it.

PLaying it at home now with my 4 yr old. and 9 yr old when he gets home.

Already one lame thing is KInect thinks my 4 yr old is kneeling and not standing. He's pretty frustrated right now. :) Going to have to move the couch back or camera higher to see if it goes away.

Glad I know about the whole room space ordeal. I have a good 6-7 feet but not 8-10, and I couldn't sit it on top of the tv..it's only 1" thick :lol:

[quote name='Vader582']Ditto.[/QUOTE]

Yeah seriously, this is no different than when the Move came out. Shelves full of them at every single store.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Not sure why this thing is hard to get all of a suddent. From what I've seen, it's just like Wii and Move, minus the stick in hand with voice controls. All the games are pretty much the same as the competition, except one, Dance Central. This is the only game that truly utilizes the Kinect's features for full body tracking. As the owner of a 360, it's hard to justify the whole thing just for one game. That's $200. However, for the new comers, the 360/Kinect bundle is pretty tempting. You are essentially getting the Kinect for $100. The standalone Kinect is too expensive imo and I will wait for it to drop to at least $100 before making the plunge, for one game, and maybe MS will make a white color Kinect to match the fat white 360s. I already have a Wii and PS3 with Move so all the other Kinect games don't really make a difference. If some store would sell Kinect with Dance Central comes this Black Friday for about $100, I'll pick it up in a heart beat.[/QUOTE]

You say $200 bucks for one game is crazy. Yes I do agree for example the complete set for rock band or a guitar hero. Yes I know you can use the instruments for other games but so can kinect. I know they're isn't much (good) software out there yet but this could be due to developers nit having enough time to work with the finished product. The kinect kept going thru updates. And the kinect does much more then play games. It gives you video chat, voice command, and a different (cooler?) way to navigate the dashboard. I want the kinect to successful. I really do but im fighting to not buy it at launch because of the lack software and the high price tag and the butterflies in my wallet. If i see a deal during BF for kinect, either it be a free game (hopefully dance central or a good sports one), a nice gift card, or cheaper price.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Glad I know about the whole room space ordeal. I have a good 6-7 feet but not 8-10, and I couldn't sit it on top of the tv..it's only 1" thick :lol:[/QUOTE]
6' is the minimum according to this (you need more room for 2-player among other features apparently):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbfwGRI8Vrw

[quote name='jling84']Yeah seriously, this is no different than when the Move came out. Shelves full of them at every single store.[/QUOTE]

Um, huh? I haven't seen a Move controller in a store for a few weeks. Same goes for the Navigation controller. Unless you're referring to the fact that the Kinect is in every store today.

Walmart across from my job has at least 12 in stock + more coming in at 4 pm today said sales person.

I ended up cancelling my pre-order after reading a lot of sub-par reviews saying the Kinect is a tough sell at $150 especially with a few bugs.

I'm just going to wait until a better deal comes out rather than pay MSRP.

I'm going to try to resist and wait for a price cut. I do like the concept and would love to play Dance Central, but it's just so much money. Add in Dance Central and it's even more. Plus that will give them time to squash bugs. One would have hoped that that is what the beta period would have been for.... Now, if I were near NYC I would have gone to TRU Times Square and got in on their deal (2 extra Kinect games and 1 year of Live for free - I'd have sold the freebie games and used that to buy DC. Kept the 1 year live. That would have been worth it. First 3000 customers - do they really have 3000 Kinect Sensors in stock??? That seems incredibly unlikely.)

[quote name='psunami']Um, huh? I haven't seen a Move controller in a store for a few weeks. Same goes for the Navigation controller. Unless you're referring to the fact that the Kinect is in every store today.[/QUOTE]

I personally see Move controller in every store I have been to today. The Navigation controllers though are a little hit and miss. Most stores have at least 2 of them.

As for Kinect, it is launch. Of course, they are going to have them on the shelf. Give it a week to see if it will still be on the shelf.

Alright guys. Maybe someone can give me some advice. I want a Kinect but here is my living room situation.

I would mount the Kinect on a shelf above my 46 inch TV which would put it about 4 1/2 feet off the ground. And then my distance from where the Kinect would be mounted to where my couch is would be about 6 1/2 - 7 feet.

So - 4 1/2 feet off the floor and 6 1/2 feet roughly away from the sensor would be the best I could do without rearranging my entire living room.

Are these conditions good enough to enjoy the Kinect and be in the sweet spot?

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']I'm so suprised that they have this back in stock even though it was sold out!

/sarcasm

Can we lock this thread now??[/QUOTE]

Yeah amen. Seems to me Microsoft just shorted the preorders to make it look like more people were buying it then actually were. My Walmart, Gamestop, and Target each have 20+ in stock right now.

My friend at Walmart said they have already had tons of people returning the Kinect because they did not have enough room to play with it. Its kind of funny the the people MS marketed Kinect too are going to have the most returns because they do not know of the space requirement.

[quote name='CountChoculitis']Yeah amen. Seems to me Microsoft just shorted the preorders to make it look like more people were buying it then actually were. My Walmart, Gamestop, and Target each have 20+ in stock right now.

My friend at Walmart said they have already had tons of people returning the Kinect because they did not have enough room to play with it. Its kind of funny the the people MS marketed Kinect too are going to have the most returns because they do not know of the space requirement.[/QUOTE]

Or they killed the pre-orders to make sure that people will have the ability to buy it day 1 without pre-ordering.

Remember its all about the soccer moms who won't go to GS, Amazon, etc. and pre order something

Ouch:

Review: Sonic Free Riders Shows How Bad Kinect Controls Can Be

Sonic Free Riders is a cautionary tale about the importance of controls in gaming. Make a game interesting, give it solid graphics and some unique hooks, but don't lock down the controls and you're going to have a disaster on your hands. Kinect-enabled Sonic Free Riders is the third in the Sonic Riders series which has you hoverboarding your way through courses against a clock or other popular Sonic the Hedgehog characters. You lean forward and backward to steer, as if standing on a snowboard, and mimic kicking off on a skateboard to speed up. You can also grab items with your hands and use them against your opponents.
Ideal Player

Sonic the Hedgehog fans who continue to be okay with the concept of Sega's mascot riding something, rather than running on his fast little feet. Players tolerant of frustrating controls and user interface... and Sonic's friends.
Why You Should Care

This is our first look at Sega's attempts at making use of Microsoft's controller-free Kinect. It also delivers one of the few racing games to the casual-heavy Kinect launch line-up.

Does Kinect make the Sonic Riders games any more fun to play? Not really, the series' long-standing issues with loose controls are only exacerbated by the Kinect's inability to keep track of what you're doing and translate that into a semblance of control on the screen. I spent a healthy chunk of nearly every race with my hoverboard nose-first in a course's retaining wall. My weak control of Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and crew also often led to them randomly switching stances and ignoring jumps.
How are you supposed to control the game? The idea is that you stand in front of your television at a slight angle, with one shoulder facing the TV and the other the wall behind you. You bend forward and backward to turn, jump to jump, and swipe your foot at the ground to perform a kick dash. You can also hold out your hands to grab things, face forward to break and switch stances by facing in the opposite direction. The game includes items that you can pick up and use during a race as well, like tossable tornadoes and giant bowling balls. The core concept for the moves are solid, but the game has a pretty high rate of completely missing what you're doing.
Maybe it needs better calibration? Perhaps, but Sonic Free Riders has you doing more calibration than any other Kinect game I've played. Before every single race you need to go through a quick set-up that has you slowly weaving your board between a set of cones. It never seems to help.
custom_1288896916214_image.jpg
The game's light story is presented in a series of still images with spoken dialog.
OK, so there are control issues, but what about when the game works? Sonic Free Riders offers an impressive collection of modes and ways to play the game. The World Grand Prix, the game's mainstay, has you controlling one of four teams as they race to unlock tracks and modes. But there's also the ability to do tag-team races with a friend, relay races and play online. And the races aren't all on hoverboards, you also get a chance to do some races on a bike, which controls much better than the hoverboard. If the controls worked, this could be a great game.
How does Sonic Free Riders compare to the Kinect's other racer, Kinect Joy Ride? Sonic Free Riders has a lot more substance and the graphics and presentation are better than Kinect Joy Ride, but Joy Ride works.
Is it really that bad? Yes, even the menu system is a mess. I can't think of the last game I played that almost stopped me cold because I wasn't able to select the option to start playing.
Does Sonic Riders have anything going for it? If Sega can patch the game to fix the major issue with controls, this could easily be the sort of game players could sink a lot of time into. There are a lot of neat touches found in the races, like multiple routes, the ability to go over and around the main course. I love that the game lets you reach out and interact with the course as it zips by and performing tricks when you're in the air can be a lot of fun. But it all comes crashing down every time the game fails to recognize a turn, ignores a jump or refuses to let you use an item.
Sonic Free Riders In Action

A Visual Guide To Sonic Free Riders

The Bottom Line

Sonic Free Riders is the most broken of the Kinect games I've played and that includes a half-dozen titles. It's unfortunate, because another strong action racing game would be a nice addition to Kinect's game library. If Sega can somehow fix the control issues I'd be the first to recommend picking up this game. Until then don't waste your time or money.
Sonic Free Riders was developed by Sonic Team and published by Sega for the Xbox 360 Kinect, released on Nov. 4. Retails for $49.99. A copy of the game was given to us by the publisher for reviewing purposes. Played through more than a dozen races and modes. Tried single and multiplayer races. Struggled

Anyone else a little disappointed with their Kinect?

How much lighting does this thing seriously need???

It's practically 2 pm in the afternoon, and it's sunny bright with all my window blinds open, I even have my lights on, but it's still not completely registering.

I'm playing behind 6-7 feet as suggested too, but I still have some lag issues. Anyone else experiencing this?

I'm actually more frustrated than I am having fun with it.

Anyone else experiencing lighting / lag issues?

Can't believe I went and picked this Kinect up at 7 in the morning at my local Wal-Mart (they have over 20+ in stock supposedly).

I'm going to take a nap and figure this out later.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Anyone else a little disappointed with their Kinect?

How much lighting does this thing seriously need???

It's practically 2 pm in the afternoon, and it's sunny bright with all my window blinds open, I even have my lights on, but it's still not completely registering.

I'm playing behind 6-7 feet as suggested too, but I still have some lag issues. Anyone else experiencing this?

I'm actually more frustrated than I am having fun with it.

Anyone else experiencing lighting / lag issues?

Can't believe I went and picked this Kinect up at 7 in the morning at my local Wal-Mart (they have over 20+ in stock supposedly).

I'm going to take a nap and figure this out later.[/QUOTE]
Read some reviews saying that the 1st batch of games will have some lag issues, and that you have to basically input your moves half a second earlier.

I posted a link on the 2nd page of this thread.

[quote name='mailer daemon']Lighting shouldn't really be an issue since it detects through infrared.[/QUOTE]

There's also an RGB camera. It uses both I believe.

Played four hours of Kinectimals last night. No issues with swapping players, existing lighting or space. The experience so far blew away my expectations, but it is not an action game. I have yet to try Kinect Adventures, but looking forward to trying that tonight.

One thing I didn't expect was the camera moving up and down during start up. Good thing I didn't try to balance it on top of the TV or else it would have thrown itself off.

BTW: The Kinectimals LEs do not use a XBOX Live DLC code for the exclusive plush. The plush have tags and get read in by the camera just like Viva Pinata 2. Looks like the only cat you cannot get from the internet will be the preorder red/black tiger thus far.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Ouch:[/QUOTE]
You beat me to it man. That was painful watching him struggle to navigate a menu, a fucking MENU, for over a minute.

"Is it really that bad? Yes, even the menu system is a mess. I can't think of the last game I played that almost stopped me cold because I wasn't able to select the option to start playing."

Lmao, anyone who bashes this because it "Doesn't work" is an idiot, just going to through that out there. The voice controls are incredible, and the games are a lot of fun.

[quote name='poker360']Lmao, anyone who bashes this because it "Doesn't work" is an idiot, just going to through that out there.[/QUOTE]Any given product not working as intended seems like a perfectly good reason speak negatively about it.

If anyone has a kinect wall plug in that they do not need I will pay $20 gifted paypal. They don't come in the system bundles, and microsoft is selling them for $39.99 each. Very lame more microsoft.
This offer is for the people that only have S systems and don't need the wall adapter.

[quote name='poker360']Lmao, anyone who bashes this because it "Doesn't work" is an idiot, just going to through that out there. The voice controls are incredible, and the games are a lot of fun.[/QUOTE]
I really hate using the term fanboy but you are obviously a 360 fanboy.

Kinect is broken, it barely works in my house, my nieces house or any of my friends houses/apartments, i even drove 45 minutes out of my way to my aunts who owns a very large and spacious house to see if its a space thing, still clunky and still sucks.

Kinect is meh and im pissed i wasted 150$, thank god i have 30 days to return it but sadly i cant returned opened games.

[quote name='styl3s']you are obviously a 360 fanboy.[/QUOTE]

batmankinect.png

He is
and
i am getting tired of this thread.

You can all either praise [Church of Achievements!] or bash the kinect all you want but take this thread deep in that 360 forum section of CAG

MSRP is not a deal.
The kinect was never on a deep shortage.
You know Microsoft's 500 million marketing scheme is working when we have a "Buy a Kinect!" thread sitting right here on the front page of the DEALS forum.

10x1018oub234tewfdballmer.jpg

dohoho.
Props to Engadget you guys make silly pictures

[quote name='styl3s']I really hate using the term fanboy but you are obviously a 360 fanboy.

Kinect is broken, it barely works in my house, my nieces house or any of my friends houses/apartments, i even drove 45 minutes out of my way to my aunts who owns a very large and spacious house to see if its a space thing, still clunky and still sucks.

Kinect is meh and im pissed i wasted 150$, thank god i have 30 days to return it but sadly i cant returned opened games.[/QUOTE]

Not on your gamertag... hmm...

Well, I just got back from K-Mart and have been playing with it for a bit. Other than the voice commands....it feels unnatural to do anything. I had a K-Mart gift card so no big loss, but on the plus side, my girlfriend loves Kinectemals so I least it will get some use.

Hopefully MS comes out with some sort of an update for this soon.

[quote name='genfuyung']Hold out for when they release the Kinect+ with the removed processor put back in and it actually works.[/QUOTE]

That will just make it actually work, not make it fun or worthwhile.

I find it incredibly ironic that people complaining about a $150 price tag are also complaining about having a small living room.

Just sayin...

[quote name='Yuckmouth']I find it incredibly ironic that people complaining about a $150 price tag are also complaining about having a small living room.

Just sayin...[/QUOTE]

So just because someone doesn't have space in their living room means they're poor? Well that logic works, doesn't it.

Most people around here play their Xbox in their bedrooms, well I do anyways. Most people don't have enough room in bedrooms for a Kinect.

[quote name='Yuckmouth']I find it incredibly ironic that people complaining about a $150 price tag are also complaining about having a small living room.

Just sayin...[/QUOTE]

How many people do you know with absolutely nothing 8-10 ft in front of there TV?

Find me a dorm or apartment a person in college has that has 10ft of free space in front of a TV.

[quote name='mr_bungle']So just because someone doesn't have space in their living room means they're poor? Well that logic works, doesn't it.

Most people around here play their Xbox in their bedrooms, well I do anyways. Most people don't have enough room in bedrooms for a Kinect.[/QUOTE]

Please don't speak for most of us, thanks.

bread's done
Back