Amazon Kinect Availability -- In Stock!

poker360

Banned
http://www.amazon.com/Kinect-Sensor..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1288716717&sr=1-1

No release date delivery, however there is one day and two day shipping with arrival dates of nov. 9 / 8th.

***This is probably their second shipment from microsoft, hence the later arrival dates***

Reminder: The Kinect $150 Bundle is sold out at most online stores, including: Gamestop, bestbuy, walmart, newegg, target

Special Offers and Product Promotions
-Get free 2-day shipping when you use your MasterCard to purchase $75 or more in eligible items from our Holiday Toy List that are sold and shipped by Amazon. If you're an Amazon Prime member, you'll receive a $10 credit towards a future purchase. Here's how (restrictions apply)

-Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)

-Pre-order Bonus--Order this item and get two bonus levels of Rallyball, one bonus level of Reflex Ridge, and a Kinect Adventure Helicopter prop for your Xbox LIVE Avatar. The access code will be e-mailed up to two (2) business days after your product ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid for one purchase per customer.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='vlv723']Or if there's really a shortage, eBay or Craiglist to make profit. It's frowned upon but it's your call.[/QUOTE]

I'd feel kind of bad refusing & RTS, but yeah, I'll probably try selling it on Craigslist (not for profit, just for retail value). I can't believe they started processing a supposedly oos item mere minutes after order. I have not had good luck with Amazon lately!

[quote name='imacjenn']I'd feel kind of bad refusing & RTS, but yeah, I'll probably try selling it on Craigslist (not for profit, just for retail value). I can't believe they started processing a supposedly oos item mere minutes after order. I have not had good luck with Amazon lately![/QUOTE]

Don't feel bad refusing it, trust me. I'm a ups driver and people do it all the time and I could really care less. Unless its something heavy going up three flights of stairs but I always go up before carrying it. Refusing a package through ups is easy, just as long as you don't open it. If your not home just put a note on your door with the tracking number saying you don't want it anymore. You could even call 1-800-pick-ups and give them the tracking info and tell them you want said package RTS and the driver will get the info (Hopefully before he gets to your house).

Really? Thanks for the tip. Once it gets a tracking number, I'll do that. Somehow it still says "shipping soon" and the delivery date is Nov. 18, so I'll see what happens.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']"Refused, return to sender" is zero dollars. ;)[/QUOTE]

do it too many times amazon will ban you.

[quote name='imacjenn']On impulse, after reading the overwhelmingly good reviews on Amazon, I ordered the Kinect... and regretted it instantly. When I placed the order, it said it wouldn't be in stock until Nov. 12 and would arrive Nov. 18-20. I went back to cancel the order 5 minutes later and now it says it's in-stock and the item is being prepared for shipment - still on Nov. 18-20, but I can't cancel it. erg. :( Worst shopping decision of the year! I wonder how much return postage would be...[/QUOTE]

You could also call amazon up. They might still be able to cancel even if it's shipping soon. Happened with me the other day.

[quote name='mr_bungle']You could also call amazon up. They might still be able to cancel even if it's shipping soon. Happened with me the other day.[/QUOTE]
I've never seen something ship immediately with Amazon. After I checkout, it always tells me I have 30 mins to adjust my order if I need to make any changes.

whew - they let me cancel the order through the online chat. It's listed as OOS once again online but I don't know if they're really that hard to find after reading some of the threads here.

I think it looks pretty cool, but I hate to jump on it without some kind of "deal." Mostly I just cannot see how I'd have the space to really use it with my current set up....need to change things around a little and then maybe look at getting it - and by the time I get things changed around, I'm sure it will have had a price drop. :p

The Best Buy, Target, ToysRus is my area are already SOLD OUT! It's already selling for above retail on Amazon.

[quote name='imacjenn']whew - they let me cancel the order through the online chat. It's listed as OOS once again online but I don't know if they're really that hard to find after reading some of the threads here.

I think it looks pretty cool, but I hate to jump on it without some kind of "deal." Mostly I just cannot see how I'd have the space to really use it with my current set up....need to change things around a little and then maybe look at getting it - and by the time I get things changed around, I'm sure it will have had a price drop. :p[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same exact situation. From what I've researched, I need much more space in my room to use Kinect or Ps3 Move. To create space, I'm thinking I might take my bed out of my room and put it in my spare room. By the time I get around to doing that, hopefully there's a deal and hopefully there are actually some more good games worth playing with motion controls.

still no special deals on the kinect? last deal i know of was at Times Square TRU midnight launch. it was buy kinect and get 2 free additional kinect games and 1 year of LIVE.

[quote name='trunks982']still no special deals on the kinect? last deal i know of was at Times Square TRU midnight launch. it was buy kinect and get 2 free additional kinect games and 1 year of LIVE.[/QUOTE]

Kmart is offering a $15 gaming credit on Thanksgiving day that has to be redeemed on Black Friday.

[quote name='The Outsider']Sold out again. Short supply would create more demand. hmmm....[/QUOTE]

it's not some sort of conspiracy. :roll:

you remind me of the wii people who claimed nintendo was artificially limiting units a few years back even though they demonstrated that all their factories were at top capacity and churning them out.

The kinect is a pretty damn impressive piece of tech. You can't just press a million more units.

[quote name='The Outsider']Sold out again. Short supply would create more demand. hmmm....[/QUOTE]

It's back in stock again.

It seems to be in stock at bestbuy.com right now. But I'm going to see if I can find one at Gamestop and use trade-in credit. Otherwise I'll just wait until after xmas.

I think the ship has sailed on this POV. It's pretty apparent the Kinect IS selling, like it or not.

I still can't justify paying more for the Kinect than I did for my 360 when I bought it brand new. It's gotta hit $100 before I entertain the thought.

[quote name='confoosious']it's not some sort of conspiracy. :roll:

you remind me of the wii people who claimed nintendo was artificially limiting units a few years back even though they demonstrated that all their factories were at top capacity and churning them out.

The kinect is a pretty damn impressive piece of tech. You can't just press a million more units.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but the Wii wasn't on store shelves EVERYWHERE. I trip over these damn Kinect displays anywhere I go and they're always fully stocked. Sold out online is obviously marketing tact or mismanagement of stock IMO.

More likely than not a mismanagement of stock, just done purposely. A friend of mine worked at Nintendo World in New York for a few years, and said the backroom was always stacked to the brim with units while stores nationwide claimed shortages. I also know of numerous people that would makes daily trips to pickup units, sell on eBay, and come back the next day for more for about two months.

Regardless, fact is they're selling like hotcakes.

This does remind of the wii days with all the shortages and ebay scalping.

BTW, you can get text alerts for online stock availability for the kinect from wiialerts.com . This was a pretty useful site to get items like the wii, fightsticks etc when they only last a short time in stock.

Sold out? We went to Best Buy in Orange County and while they only had three on the floor, the guy said there were about 20 in the back and didn't know why they weren't out. The store was pretty busy though and a lot of their displays were disheveled.

I don't think this is the mega-seller people are thinking it is. It's no Wii, that's for sure.

[quote name='Jodou']Yeah, but the Wii wasn't on store shelves EVERYWHERE. I trip over these damn Kinect displays anywhere I go and they're always fully stocked. Sold out online is obviously marketing tact or mismanagement of stock IMO.[/QUOTE]

It's probably sold out on Amazon because many shoppers will not be required to pay tax.

Still, if it is sold out on Amazon and I wanted it badly enough, I would just get it at the store, as saving the 7-8% in sales tax isn't that big of a deal. Now getting a TV tax-free on Amazon, that's a different story.

Had a tough time finding one in stock at Game Stop (had $105 in giftcards) called one store who said they had them in stock but when I got there guy told me they had sold the last one yesterday and offered to find me one. He called 5 Game Stops until he found one in stock. Loving it so far a lot of fun and really have not experienced any lag

[quote name='trip1eX']My kids aren't even playing Kinect this evening. Figured they were going to demand to play it, but they already forgot about it I guess.

The tech is awesome. The games remind me of the stereotypical licensed videogame. Awesome tech isn't good enough. My kid has night vision goggles. Awesome tech in a toy. But those have sat on the shelf since the day after xmas last year.

And after 4 years of Wii does anyone really care to pay $150-$300 plus $50/game to bowl or jump or wave their arms again in their living room? EVen sadder is paying that to get a worse experience.

That's what's funny about many of the consumer reviews and comments regarding Kinect. It's almost like some of these folks never played the Wii or heard of it. I read one review which says hey you control your speed in Kinect Sports bowling. IF you wave your arm faster your ball goes faster. And people who know how to bowl will be better at this game than those who don't bowl. Where have these people been the past 4 years??????

IN an undeground lab in Redmond????

I don't think they should have released this thing until they had a true killer app. And seamlessly integrated it into the Xbox dashboard. But hell much like NIntendo likes to make Mario games and plastic peripherals, MS likes to patch things.[/QUOTE]

That's disappointing! Did your kids already have a Wii? If so, I can imagine why Kinect didn't spark their interest.
I barely used my Wii, I've had it since launch.

Here's how I feel about Wii and Kinect:
They are a bit over-priced for the tech, but they're an OCCASIONAL nice change of pace to play once in a blue moon....If...and this is a big IF: If you download games like an immoral jerk (me)

To me, that's what makes these worthwhile; the fact you can download the games so easily. I would never pay such a price as $45+ for basically shovelware games. Wii, Kinect, whatever, all of these games are tossaway titles. Arcade games you get sick of after a few minutes (just like you would in a real arcade!)
I enjoy playing them, but the appeal goes away after 1 hour for each game.
That's why I'd tell people to not buy a Kinect or Wii if they plan on buying the games. Not even for your kids or girlfriend; believe it or not, they get sick of 'em fast too. Halo is probably on their mind.

Buy a Wii or Kinect if you wanna be that jerk that downloads all his games. Then you won't feel so bad. Otherwise, it's a tough call...

[quote name='McNutsack']That's disappointing! Did your kids already have a Wii? If so, I can imagine why Kinect didn't spark their interest.
I barely used my Wii, I've had it since launch.

Here's how I feel about Wii and Kinect:
They are a bit over-priced for the tech, but they're an OCCASIONAL nice change of pace to play once in a blue moon....If...and this is a big IF: If you download games like an immoral jerk (me)

To me, that's what makes these worthwhile; the fact you can download the games so easily. I would never pay such a price as $45+ for basically shovelware games. Wii, Kinect, whatever, all of these games are tossaway titles. Arcade games you get sick of after a few minutes (just like you would in a real arcade!)
I enjoy playing them, but the appeal goes away after 1 hour for each game.
That's why I'd tell people to not buy a Kinect or Wii if they plan on buying the games. Not even for your kids or girlfriend; believe it or not, they get sick of 'em fast too. Halo is probably on their mind.

Buy a Wii or Kinect if you wanna be that jerk that downloads all his games. Then you won't feel so bad. Otherwise, it's a tough call...[/QUOTE]

Man I hate agreeing with jerks that download their games.

So companies shouldnt release tech until there's a killer app that meets your and your ADHD kid's standards?

I think dance central is pretty killer. But that just me.

Anyone besides TRU have a deal on these? Ive sold 5 of them and need some more. If you are reselling them you will get more selling the sensor and game only, then $50 for the ac power cord.

[quote name='aj slick']Anyone besides TRU have a deal on these? Ive sold 5 of them and need some more. If you are reselling them you will get more selling the sensor and game only, then $50 for the ac power cord.[/QUOTE]

you're sad.

[quote name='Ed_']you're sad.[/QUOTE]The sad ones are the people buying the Kinects from resellers instead of just going to the store and picking one up for a fair price.

The resellers do what they do because it works.

[quote name='Spokker']The sad ones are the people buying the Kinects from resellers instead of just going to the store and picking one up for a fair price.

The resellers do what they do because it works.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I agree; what I think is sad is that he had to come post about it here.

[quote name='Spokker']The sad ones are the people buying the Kinects from resellers instead of just going to the store and picking one up for a fair price.

I sell them for a fair price- $175 shipped. same price as store after tax plus ship costs.
The power suppy for $50 shipped- same price as MS store.

Part of the reason those buyers go to resellers is because those same resellers have made if difficult to go into a store and buy it in the first place.

Wow, that was fast...lol. I still can't believe I found one for 96.99 from AWD...it literally looked like someone opened it, didn't even touch the Kinect, and opened up Kinect Adventures and said, "know what? I'm sending this back."

Has the 250GB Kinect bundle even been in stock yet at Amazon?? I have checked everyday since Black Friday, multiple times a day, and have yet to be able to pick one up.

[quote name='PVJAG']Has the 250GB Kinect bundle even been in stock yet at Amazon?? I have checked everyday since Black Friday, multiple times a day, and have yet to be able to pick one up.[/QUOTE]

They were in stock initially but I haven't seen them back in stock since those ones sold out.

You could try checking costco. Mine had a pallet of them for 389.99. I know you'll have to pay tax and all but it might be worth it for costco return policy.

[quote name='PVJAG']Has the 250GB Kinect bundle even been in stock yet at Amazon?? I have checked everyday since Black Friday, multiple times a day, and have yet to be able to pick one up.[/QUOTE]

The 250gb kinect bundles have pretty much been sold out everywhere online for the last 2 weeks-

A guy on here got a brand new one sealed with a dent in the box for $298 on amazon warehouse. It was around thanksgiving.

[quote name='mr_bungle']A guy on here got a brand new one sealed with a dent in the box for $298 on amazon warehouse. It was around thanksgiving.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping that's the whole system, otherwise he's not a very C.A.G..

I take it back, sort of. The Kinect+Console bundles *are* in stock, but the Kinect Sensor is not. So, if you want a console bundle, they are available at amazon now. Perhaps there's hope, then, that the Kinect Sensor will come back in stock too?

bread's done
Back