Amazon Lightning deal at 10AM 8/4/09 ?

Finally signed up for ECA, and in for one on this. $8 shipped is hard to pass on. Well, $28 shipped with ECA membership purchase, in this case. ;^) Added 2 more packs of pre-charged batteries, which I wanted anyway, to get free shipping (this time trying duracell pre-charged since they are cheaper.)

Goddammit, I just bought this from Amazon last week for $15.99, and haven't even had time to play it yet. fuckers.

For what it's worth, I bought it on the recommendation of a friend who called it "one of my favorite games of all time, on any platform." He usually has pretty good taste in games.

This game was worth every penny at MSRP. If you can't find some random $15 item that you could give to your mom or something, you needs to be kicked in the nuts by a guy in a blue jumpsuit with an orange afro.

[quote name='arcane93']Goddammit, I just bought this from Amazon last week for $15.99, and haven't even had time to play it yet. fuckers.[/QUOTE]

That's what happened to me. I jumped on it when I saw that price due to how often and wildly Amazon's prices fluctuate. I called them to see if they'd adjust the price and they were going to look into the details until I mentioned the lower price was a Gold Box deal at which point I was shot down. :cry:

If you have the extra $80 pick up a year of Amazon prime... unlimited 2 day shipping & no minimal price to get the free shipping. It was so worth it for me as I am constantly ordering. It also makes black Friday a real blast! :)

[quote name='Traitorious']This game was worth every penny at MSRP. If you can't find some random $15 item that you could give to your mom or something, you needs to be kicked in the nuts by a guy in a blue jumpsuit with an orange afro.[/QUOTE]

LOL :lol:

[quote name='bvharris']Wow. I bought it for $20. If you don't have this game, you have no excuse not to get it for this price.[/QUOTE]

I don't have a DS. Is that an excuse not to get this game?

$8 wow, in for one... now I need Amazon to do this for Chrono Trigger.

Thanks for the heads up OP or I would've completely missed it.

Is BBV even still having the B1G1?

I picked it up and signed up for a Prime trial. Before, they said ships in 3-5 days, arrives August 10. Now they made the shipping free, and said ships in 2 days, arrives August 11.

What?

But yeah, I don't even play RPGs and I bought this because of your recommendations, my friend's raving, and the price.

Thanks CAG.

I don't even have a DS and I bought one. I like how the ECA discount applies to the base price before the lightning deal discount.

I'm not a fan of RPG's but because there has been so much talk about this game and with the combination of this deal, prime and the ECA discount I couldn't help myself. Thanks to all for the huge backlog.

[quote name='phoenix529']Is BBV even still having the B1G1?[/QUOTE]

Nope, ended a while ago. But yes, if you can find one, it's $9.99 used.

Yeah I didn't think so. And

1. The BBVs near me are all stripped of used games because of that sale, and

2. This is $9.98(lol) new.

Thanks again.

[quote name='gibbyva']Tossed on the new Glorianna CD for the wife[/QUOTE]

Did your wife request that? Why? And how did it get you free shipping? I need to look into that - I "toss" on Glorianna CD's too. ;^) :)

(actually have no idea who "Glorianna" is)

Just bought this last week for 14$ after ECA discount not too sore about it. For 10$ make sure you pick this up though.

[quote name='riseup21']My lightning deals has been empty all day, and my Gold Box has been a hose nozzle. FML.[/QUOTE]

i have had the same problem. tried everything i could think of to get it, but no success. i really wanted this game too. bah...

Just traded this in last week for like 12.50 with bonus's at Gs lol, at this price looks like Im getting it again, threw in Burger Island ds which my wife keeps nagging me to get her, to get free saver shipping. Best part is I live like 30 minutes from where they usually ship games and media to me from so I always end up getting it in like 3/4 days anyway lol.

I'm really happy with this deal because I've been wanting this game but didn't want to buy it since I have alot of other games right that are still unopened(damn you amazon and your awesome deals XD) but at 10 dollars I had to get it, needed to spend 25 bucks though so I bought Final Fantasy Tactics A2 for 18 bucks with it.

In for 1. Cant pass it up at 10 bucks....since everyone seems to have a hard on for this game i figured id give a shot. :) Thanks guys!

Picked up a copy for $8 along with Big Trouble In Little Chinatown (Blu-ray) for $20. Figure if I can sell The World End with you fro $15-18 on eBay new, I would have paid about $13 - $16 for Big Trouble, so its all good in my book and Jack Burton would approve.

[quote name='ace50421']I didnt like this game......way to much talking. Absolutley boring!![/QUOTE]

Don't play RPGs much, do you?

[quote name='phoenix529'] I picked it up and signed up for a Prime trial. Before, they said ships in 3-5 days, arrives August 10. Now they made the shipping free, and said ships in 2 days, arrives August 11.

What?[/QUOTE]

As a Prime member, your orders are given higher priority than non-Prime customers. Make sure you truly want the item before placing the order, since your order is packaged within the hour, thereby making it no longer eligible for cancellation.

If you missed out on this deal you can also pick this up at Gamestop with the 25% coupon for $11 and some change. I was gonna hop on this but didn't want to spend $25 for free shipping and the game itself would have been $15 shipped.

[quote name='phoenix529']I get that, but why will it get here a day later w/Prime?[/QUOTE]

I didn't notice that in your post. Are you sure your order still shows as arriving August 11th? With Prime, if the item's in stock and I place the order prior to the afternoon cutoff time, my order always arrives at my door two days after I place my order. I'll receive this game tomorrow (it's already been shipped).

I have prime, and mine is still showing up as the 11th as well. Strange, being that it's still in stock (according to the product page). If I don't see it ship out by this afternoon I'll poke customer service and see what information spills out.

[quote name='casperinian']Could be a special on anti-tank weapons to go with your night vision goggles.[/QUOTE]

haha

Yeah, I ordered it yesterday about 12:30-1pm, and it's still listed under "Items not yet shipped: Delivery estimate: August 11, 2009"

Mine's still on track for August 11, as well. A DVD I had tossed in with the order shipped today. It blows me away that even when I tell Amazon to "hold items to ship together", they NEVER do with Prime. I didn't need either the game or DVD in any hurry so I thought I'd save them some money. Oh well!

bread's done
Back