Amazon Logitech G27 Racing Wheel $164.37 after $60 rebate

Tempting with so many racing games coming out, but I think I might hold off and see if any bundles pop up. Im still hoping someone will may an F1 style wheel.

i bought my g27 at best buy for $150 and i highly recommend that anyone with an inkling of interest in racing sims buy this immediately. this bad boy is better than natal and move combined. gt5 prologue, every codmasters game (dirt 2, f1, etc.), the nfs franchise and of course gt5 coming soon!

about the "bundle" mentioned above, there won't be any for the g27 at least. it doesn't matter though because this is best wheel on the planet. It is like the "official" wheel of ps3 and sony/polyphony understand that.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lee7sauce']I'm not seeing any being sold by Amazon, so this might be dead.[/QUOTE]Amazon is offering it for $259.78 so it would be $199.78 after the $60 rebate. Details are included when you go to the one for sale by Amazon. Click here.

[quote name='robodaddyo']Amazon is offering it for $259.78 so it would be $199.78 after the $60 rebate. Details are included when you go to the one for sale by Amazon. Click here.[/QUOTE]

Which is what it says in the other thread. Thread merge time.

[quote name='robodaddyo']Amazon is offering it for $259.78 so it would be $199.78 after the $60 rebate. Details are included when you go to the one for sale by Amazon. Click here.[/QUOTE]

I see, so this is pretty much dead. What a bummer.

Does anyone know why Amazon doesn't automatically list themselves as the seller in the product front page?

[quote name='lee7sauce']I see, so this is pretty much dead. What a bummer.

Does anyone know why Amazon doesn't automatically list themselves as the seller in the product front page?[/QUOTE]

They usually don't if they are out of stock or don't have the lowest price. It depends when you check the page, it can change from day to day. There may be other reasons they list others as well, I'm not sure.

[quote name='PublikDefender']It is like the "official" wheel of ps3 and sony/polyphony understand that.[/QUOTE]

Dunno about that. Sony's E3 booth had a large area dedicated to GT5 with maybe 8 or 10 wheels mounted on racing seat setups, and they were all Logitech GTs.

It will be interesting to see whether GT5 fully supports the G27, e.g., allows you to configure all the wheel buttons, the LEDs, etc.

I posted this over at the other thread:

I emailed Amazon customer service about my $20 credit (from SMG 2) not applying. They responded with refunding $20. So after that credit and the rebate the price was $144 for me.

So I don't annoy turls (just reposting the same thing), I have received mine. This thing sets up a new learning curve for any racing game it seems. I believe I need to tweak some of the sensitivity settings for a better experience. My review would be it is a great product for people who want a different experience from their racing games. I paid $164, it is worth that price. I would argue not for everyone though, partly because you still have to buy games to really enjoy this product. My thought is it isn't worth it if you only have a PS3, but if you have a gaming PC I do feel like it is worth it. I was able to pick up Flatout Carnage which recognized which set up the wheel automatically for $2 from Steam. However Dirt 2 (picked up for $10 from steam) which officially supports the G27 didn't get set up automatically.

Sucks I missed this, but with 11/2 starting to look "real" for a GT5 release date, I am starting to scout for a wheel. Hopefully whatever I buy is fully compatible with GT5.

Anyone have, or know anyone with one of these Fanatec Porsche wheels?
http://www.fanatec.com/

I just love the idea of a real Porsche wheel, but they aren't cheap, so it would have to work great.

bread's done
Back