Amazon Matches Toys R Us - Free $50 GC & 1600 MS pts on any 360 Console

Sounds like a great deal .. I'll think I'll go for the 199$ .. Amazon GC.. Is much better than a TRU GC.. .. Can u use the 50$ GC toward the purchase ?

[quote name='abe125']Sounds like a great deal .. I'll think I'll go for the 199$ .. Amazon GC.. Is much better than a TRU GC.. .. Can u use the 50$ GC toward the purchase ?[/QUOTE]

I'm 99% sure you cant use the GC on the same purchase.

[quote name='abe125']Sounds like a great deal .. I'll think I'll go for the 199$ .. Amazon GC.. Is much better than a TRU GC.. .. Can u use the 50$ GC toward the purchase ?[/QUOTE]
You don't get the GC until after the purchase. That's the whole point.

[quote name='Heavyd814life']Lol. Why on earth would they give you the GC for the purchase?[/QUOTE]

for some reason people ask this ALL THE TIME.

this deal is pretty damn hot. $130 for a new 4GB depending on how much you value 1600 pts.

I would love to get a brand new shiny 360 but all these deals recently scream price drop. I'll wait until after E3. Or at least until my Jasper craps the bed.

[quote name='FuzTurtle']FYI: the 250gb is the only one that is high gloss. All of the 4gb bundles are matte[/QUOTE]

Man I can't decide which version to get, 4gb kinect bundle and get 250gb harddrive later or just go ahead and get the 250gb kinect bundle. I could save like $30 overall by getting the 4gb bundle and upgrading harddrive later. I also can't decide if I like the matte finish or high gloss finish better. Has anybody seen both in person? which did you prefer?

I'd also like to thank I had something to do with this price match as yesterday I live chatted twice with Amazon reps trying to get them to match the TRU deal and sent them links to their ad.

[quote name='Darth Indy']Man I can't decide which version to get, 4gb kinect bundle and get 250gb harddrive later or just go ahead and get the 250gb kinect bundle. I could save like $30 overall by getting the 4gb bundle and upgrading harddrive later. I also can't decide if I like the matte finish or high gloss finish better. Has anybody seen both in person? which did you prefer?

I'd also like to thank I had something to do with this price match as yesterday I live chatted twice with Amazon reps trying to get them to match the TRU deal and sent them links to their ad.[/QUOTE]

Go with the Matte, I had a 250gb console and by just setting the controller on top
It would scratch it. The 4GB console doesn't do this. Plus there is a chrome ring on each end of the glossy one which scuffs easily. I bought a 4GB console and 250HDD and sold my 250GB console and broke even. Just go with the 4GB and add the hard drive, I think it's around $90 on Amazon still.

I've seen both. I own the matte 4GB Kinect bundle which I upgraded to 250GB. I like the matte better personally across all my devices. Glossy shows dust more and scratches appear easily (especially "hairline")

In for a 4gb model. I had a $100 gift card already so this came out to $99.99 for me. The woman is not going to be happy to have our third current gen system enter the house.

[quote name='egonpax']I've seen both. I own the matte 4GB Kinect bundle which I upgraded to 250GB. I like the matte better personally across all my devices.[/QUOTE]
Edit: Based on following comments it appears that my issue is far less widespread than I thought. As a new owner perhaps I've only noticed this because I'm starting with older games like Just Cause(buggy to begin with) where this crops up every single time. Apologies to Darth Indy and others for the misinformation./Edit

I prefer the matte finish as well, but if I had it to do over again I would have gone with a native 250GB system rather than upgrading the hard drive and introducing an extra screen in the game save process.

There's no way to issue a default save location in the Xbox system settings, so every time you save a game you're presented with a pop-up screen to select the 250GB or 4GB location. Fortunately some games themselves have a save location setting that eliminates this problem, but for those that don't the persistent nag quickly aggravates.

Admittedly it's a small gripe in the grand scheme, but I find it particularly annoying for a frequent saver like myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='grivet']I prefer the matte finish as well, but if I had it to do over again I would have gone with a native 250GB system rather than upgrading the hard drive and introducing an extra screen in the game save process.

There's no way to issue a default save location in the Xbox system settings, so every time you save a game you're presented with a pop-up screen to select the 250GB or 4GB location. Fortunately some games themselves have a save location setting that eliminates this problem, but for those that don't the persistent nag quickly aggravates.

Admittedly it's a small gripe in the grand scheme, but I find it particularly annoying for a frequent saver like myself.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, any other 4gb users who upgraded to 250gb care to chime in on this? I hadn't heard about this extra screen. Any videos of it on youtube? Does it only happen though when you save a game and then this option pops up or does it sometimes randomly pop up in games for saves?

EDIT: well it looks like it's too late anyways. I ordered the 4gb kinect bundle and it's already in preparing for shipment phase so I can't change the order. I hope this extra save screen doesn't end up bugging me or becoming a nuisance.
EDIT: Amazon rep on live chat was able to cancel for me. So now I'm back to deciding again!

[quote name='eternalnegative']Figures a week after I order a 4gb xbox from amazon with the 50 credit that this week it comes also with a point card....crap.[/QUOTE]

Don't give up so easily. I ordered my Xbox 4GB Slim April 4th, 2011 when at the time it was only $50 credit. After speaking with one guy on amazon chat, and two people via the phone I was issued the promotional credit for a 1600 MS Points Card, so it's effectively free. Just keep at it and be polite. Amazon has great customer service. I had a friend who had this done about an hour before me, so I also had an email for reference. Granted, I didn't provide the email because the rep didn't ask for it, but I did mention I could. Good luck. :)

@OP: And it does work for the 4GB Slim only $200 model. Link them to this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1295693502&pf_rd_i=468642

[quote name='KoRuPT']Don't give up so easily. I ordered my Xbox 4GB Slim April 4th, 2011 when at the time it was only $50 credit. After speaking with one guy on amazon chat, and two people via the phone I was issued the promotional credit for a 1600 MS Points Card, so it's effectively free. Just keep at it and be polite. Amazon has great customer service. I had a friend who had this done about an hour before me, so I also had an email for reference. Granted, I didn't provide the email because the rep didn't ask for it, but I did mention I could. Good luck. :)

@OP: And it does work for the 4GB Slim only $200 model. Link them to this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1295693502&pf_rd_i=468642[/QUOTE]
Your link doesn't show anything about the 4BG Slim having a 1600 points offer, so I don't know what you tried to show here. And by the way Amazon will be on their best position to offer/refund 1600 points to those who bought it before because that means people who doesn't have it yet could complaint by them not getting them. So if you got it, let's hope Amazon don't keep a record of people/accounts trying to milk the system.

[quote name='grivet']I prefer the matte finish as well, but if I had it to do over again I would have gone with a native 250GB system rather than upgrading the hard drive and introducing an extra screen in the game save process.

Admittedly it's a small gripe in the grand scheme, but I find it particularly annoying for a frequent saver like
myself.[/QUOTE]

I have the same issue as stated here, but it doesn't bother me as much. Possibly because I don't save as often or play games where it comes up more than once if at all... For me, it's really no big deal.

Not bad. Right now they have the slim hard drive at $88.58 so your spending $238.58 for a 4gig with the hard drive and you get free points. Add in another $17 for the transfer cable if you desire.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Not bad. Right now they have the slim hard drive at $88.58 so your spending $238.58 for a 4gig with the hard drive and you get free points. Add in another $17 for the transfer cable if you desire.[/QUOTE]

If you have to buy both a new hard drive and transfer kit/cable, that probably means you have the older hard drive that isn't compatible with the slim model. It's cheaper to buy a T6/T10 Torx screwdriver and a secondhand slim-compatible HDD shell and just swap the drive from one case to another. I did this and it works fine.

[quote name='john718']Your link doesn't show anything about the 4BG Slim having a 1600 points offer, so I don't know what you tried to show here. And by the way Amazon will be on their best position to offer/refund 1600 points to those who bought it before because that means people who doesn't have it yet could complaint by them not getting them. So if you got it, let's hope Amazon don't keep a record of people/accounts trying to milk the system.[/QUOTE]

Yes the link does. The first Xbox shows the 4GB Xbox Slim, at $200 price, and the points card. If you checked both and added them to your cart, you would get the 1600 MS Points card, by the promotion for free.

I could have still returned/rebought the item and have gotten the points, but that's just more of a hassle. I was within the 30 days. I don't see how I'm milking the system.

As much as I need a new Xbox, I think I'll wait for E3. I remember these kinds of deals popped up last year on the Arcades before the Slim was announced.

[quote name='VALikimlav']As much as I need a new Xbox, I think I'll wait for E3. I remember these kinds of deals popped up last year on the Arcades before the Slim was announced.[/QUOTE]

This is why I'm gonna ultimately wait till atleast E3 myself. There are way too many slim deals with GCs. Either they are going to bundle different games with the systems or we are going to see an outright price drop? Or a larger HD say 500gig?

I went ahead and bought the 250gb kinect bundle. I already had almost $100 credit to apply to by the time I crunched all the different ways I could buy the stuff this turned out about to cost me the same as getting the 4gb kinect bundle and then getting the 250gb harddrive separate so I figured why not just go ahead and get it all together at once.

I too was going to wait until E3 to see what was announced but I've been really wanting to play the new Mortal Kombat and with this deal if you factor in the free $50 promo and 1600 point card which is normally $20 you are getting $70 worth of stuff free with it. If there is a price drop I think it would probably be $50 one so this works out to better deal to me. If there was a gonna be a new model I think we would have heard about by now through leaks. I guess they might also drop the price of Kinect as well, maybe quit including the Adventures game with it and drop the price $20-30.

[quote name='KoRuPT']Don't give up so easily. I ordered my Xbox 4GB Slim April 4th, 2011 when at the time it was only $50 credit. After speaking with one guy on amazon chat, and two people via the phone I was issued the promotional credit for a 1600 MS Points Card, so it's effectively free. Just keep at it and be polite. Amazon has great customer service. I had a friend who had this done about an hour before me, so I also had an email for reference. Granted, I didn't provide the email because the rep didn't ask for it, but I did mention I could. Good luck. :)

@OP: And it does work for the 4GB Slim only $200 model. Link them to this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1295693502&pf_rd_i=468642[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Fixed it.

[quote name='Darth Indy']Hmmm, any other 4gb users who upgraded to 250gb care to chime in on this? I hadn't heard about this extra screen. Any videos of it on youtube? Does it only happen though when you save a game and then this option pops up or does it sometimes randomly pop up in games for saves?

EDIT: well it looks like it's too late anyways. I ordered the 4gb kinect bundle and it's already in preparing for shipment phase so I can't change the order. I hope this extra save screen doesn't end up bugging me or becoming a nuisance.
EDIT: Amazon rep on live chat was able to cancel for me. So now I'm back to deciding again![/QUOTE]

This happens on the original Arcade as well. You have to choose between the hard drive and the internal memory on game saves, game installs, etc...

[quote name='azngtlman']This happens on the original Arcade as well. You have to choose between the hard drive and the internal memory on game saves, game installs, etc...[/QUOTE]

I have a 4GB with a 250GB as well as one with a 250GB only and you will see this extra screen if you have any other storage media available (e.g. 16GB memory stick)...

It's honestly not a big deal, it only queries you once at startup and never again for the rest of that gaming session.

I pulled the trigger on the 4GB Slim. I was needing another Xbox because my sons are taking over mine!

Now to wait on a descent 250 HD deal from Amazon.

After a long, annoying battle with my bank over my debit card I was finally able to order one of these.

Haven't touched a 360 in over 2 years, so I'm pretty excited. Awesome deal :applause:

[quote name='62t']Wait for E3 if possible. I wont be shock if there is a price drop or new sku[/QUOTE]

True, but do your really think they are going to drop the price more than $50?

Just in case this turns out better for someone out there... Newegg has the 4GB Kinect Bundle with a $50 GC. Maybe for people who gets charged tax on Amazon...

Newegg

[quote name='egonpax']Just in case this turns out better for someone out there... Newegg has the 4GB Kinect Bundle with a $50 GC. Maybe for people who gets charged tax on Amazon...

Newegg[/QUOTE]

You rock, I tried looking yesterday and no deals, NYS sucks with the tax
If Newegg matches or even comes close, Newegg wins...

edit - ah just the one sku though, hmmmmmm

[quote name='CKaz']You rock, I tried looking yesterday and no deals, NYS sucks with the tax
If Newegg matches or even comes close, Newegg wins...

edit - ah just the one sku though, hmmmmmm[/QUOTE]

Yeah just the one SKU unfortunately. :/
I tried at least.

[quote name='aznhero913']Damn, amazon is outta control w/ these crazy PMing.....

wish they would bring back my low AWD prices!!![/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, if people keep buying at the current AWD prices, then I don't see why they would change the prices. In terms of the PMing -- I love it! Keep it coming, Amazon.

[quote name='Darth Indy']Hmmm, any other 4gb users who upgraded to 250gb care to chime in on this? I hadn't heard about this extra screen. Any videos of it on youtube? Does it only happen though when you save a game and then this option pops up or does it sometimes randomly pop up in games for saves?

EDIT: Amazon rep on live chat was able to cancel for me. So now I'm back to deciding again![/QUOTE]

Yes this annoying screen does pop up when you save. I can't figure out why MS doesn't do a system update to fix this! I don't want to save to the 4 GB flash!

[quote name='Trance Addix']Unfortunately, if people keep buying at the current AWD prices, then I don't see why they would change the prices. In terms of the PMing -- I love it! Keep it coming, Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Sadly for us, people are still buying games/consoles w/ only $3-$5 discount from the new version.......
Looks like the TIV are pretty high too though so it could just be a "sellers" market right now w/ amazon.

PMing is just insane, they're not leaving anyone out of it: BB,Kmart,TRU, WalMart, Target.....and the list goes on.

[quote name='Indiana']Yes this annoying screen does pop up when you save. I can't figure out why MS doesn't do a system update to fix this! I don't want to save to the 4 GB flash![/QUOTE]

Does it do it alot though? or only each time you play the game the first time you save?

[quote name='eternalnegative']Figures a week after I order a 4gb xbox from amazon with the 50 credit that this week it comes also with a point card....crap.[/QUOTE]

me too. rage face

On Amazon: sorry if it's a repost.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000678981&pfRdReplace=1&ref_=pe_36900_19707490

Order a qualifying Xbox 360 from the list below and get a $50 Amazon.com credit and a Xbox 360 Live 1600 Points card at no additional charge.

To qualify, add the Xbox 360 Live 1600 Points card and an Xbox 360 from the list below to your cart. The discount will be reflected at final checkout and the $50 credit will be added to your cart within two business days of your Xbox 360 shipping.

Offer good while supplies last. Offer limited to one per customer. Eligible product must be sold and shipped by Amazon.com. All qualifying items must be added to cart and purchased in the same order. Shipping fees and taxes may apply. Amazon.com reserves the right to terminate or modify this promotion at any time.

I searched for Xbox and Amazon and nothing came up, and my post got migrated here, sue me.

So odds are if you are flaming me for that one, you are a douche.

Has anyone received their order yet? I got the 4gb and the $50 credit but no 1600 point card (yes it was listed as one of the bonuses). Don't have time to chat them up ATM so figured I'd see what others experienced.

bread's done
Back