Amazon matches TV on DVD Ad Prices!

bigsyxxy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Not sure if this is deserving of it's own thread but Amazon has matched Target AND Best Buy's DVD and BR prices...some pretty nice deals w/no tax and FSSS...

$12.99
All Simpsons Seasons
Many Family Guy Seasons
Burn Notice S1
The Unit S1-S3
My Name is Earl S1-S3

$13.99
PSych S1-S2
Always Sunny S1&2-S3

$18.99
Tudors S1-S2

$22.99 (Blu-Ray)
Benjamin Button
Slumdog Millionaire

There are a lot more but that is all I remember off hand...just check out the DVD ad thread and Amazon should have matched the price for this week.

Amazon usually matches Best Buy/ Target and possibly Gamestop's ads. I say Gamestop b/c I bought Madworld from Amazon for 30 and the only place that had it that cheap at the time was Gamestop. You just usually have to wait until Tuesday for Amazon get with it and update their prices to reflect the B&M ads.

[quote name='dg7md']Taken BD is also at 22.99, but still a bit rich for me.[/QUOTE]
Great, I just grabbed Benjamin Button, and Taken on Blu-Ray for my dad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, Amazon just saved me money and I didn't buy anything. I was looking to get Simpsons Season 11, and went to the page, and it said I had ordered it back in December. I never remembered even getting it.

Might you gentlemen know if Simpsons seasons have commentary on every episode, or just select ones? I loved the commentary on Futurama.

[quote name='SDC']Might you gentlemen know if Simpsons seasons have commentary on every episode, or just select ones? I loved the commentary on Futurama.[/QUOTE]
I don't know if it's every episode, but there's definitely commentary for the most of them. I've got S1-11 already, and there's all sorts of extras.

Ef. I should have known they were going to price match. Now I have to return my Psych S1 and S2 then buy it from Amazon to save the 9.25 tax.

[quote name='SDC']Might you gentlemen know if Simpsons seasons have commentary on every episode, or just select ones? I loved the commentary on Futurama.[/QUOTE]
Yep, they have commentary on every episode just like Futurama.

Man simpsons is cheap enought that its better to buy then download!.

Thx

see.GIF

Bought Bing Bang Theory (since it looked like it might be funny from the clips I saw at GS) and It's Always Sunny S3 (been waiting for a deal on that!) especially awesome since I had Amazon gift credit on my account. :)

If you can get ahold of a Chex coupon to use at BB, then it would be a better deal to get the sets at Bestbuy, but this is a great backup and I will definately order some of the sets from Amazon if Best Buy doesnt have what Im looking for.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Also got a few at BB this week - prob not worth returning to only get $4 back in tax.[/QUOTE]Usually been my decision point as well. If it's worth the time and the sacrifice of RZ points to get back the money on sales tax, then it's worth doing. Otherwise, pass, if I already picked it up at BB. If it's BB that has it on sale, then it's just sales tax to worry about. If it's Target that has it on sale, there's the whole PM + tax situation to deal with for a return.

Missing nothing at all. That's enough to return it back to BB. That'll save about $8 with PM's and tax figured into it.

Only worry is the "9-14 days" lead time on it, which is listed as showing up sometime between June 24 and July 1st.

I just finally got mine from Best Buy and noticed they're Slim Packs. I was wondering if there was any difference between the normal and slim packs regarding The Unit. Sale is still good with Amazon too for the Unit!

bread's done
Back