Amazon - Mvc3 SE PS3 backordered $66.99

i hope this thing isnt literally limited... im planng to buy it this summer when it drops in price.. because im saving up to MK kollectors edition.. and perhaps a good joystick as well..

It was there a little bit ago and I jumped on this super fast. Have PS3 SE ordered w/ a delivery estimate of March 9-12 FSSS. I missed out on the SE so $66.99 and no tax/free shipping is a major score! Unfortunately, they are all sold out now...and it didn't take long.

THANK YOU OP!!! :D

Sorry, I have no idea if it was a glitch or something.. but for a few minutes it was showing up as available for backorder on amazon for 66.99, and would ship on March 3. It looks like that's gone now..

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']It was there a little bit ago and I jumped on this super fast. Have PS3 SE ordered w/ a delivery estimate of March 9-12 FSSS. I missed out on the SE so $66.99 and no tax/free shipping is a major score! Unfortunately, they are all sold out now...and it didn't take long.

THANK YOU OP!!! :D[/QUOTE]

No problem! Glad I could help out!! For a second there, I thought I was just seeing things.

[quote name='scarhawk']Capcom is just fucking with us...[/QUOTE]

No, they're not because releasing small quantities of the LEs after the initial launch doesn't make sense.

Amazon probably had a couple of copies returned to their Lexington, KY warehouse (where all returns go) and if they get a certain number of returns for new/unopened copies that were returned, they'll re-list them. This has happened before with high demand special editions.

Anybody that ordered it in this short period will likely get a copy shipped to them from Lexington, KY.

I got my SE copy of MvC3 today for the PS3 and the metal case showed up beat up, dented and caved in.

Very annoyed because this game is sold out everywhere and I can't even get a replacement for it.

but, this is the first bad thing to happen out of all the stuff I have gotten off of Amazon.

[quote name='grrouchie']I got my SE copy of MvC3 today for the PS3 and the metal case showed up beat up, dented and caved in.

Very annoyed because this game is sold out everywhere and I can't even get a replacement for it.

but, this is the first bad thing to happen out of all the stuff I have gotten off of Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Just contact Amazon, they'll take care of the problem. Use the chat feature if you can.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Just contact Amazon, they'll take care of the problem. Use the chat feature if you can.[/QUOTE]

I have contacted customer service through the email feature, so we'll see.

However, the only real correction to my problem is another copy, in mint condition, of a game that is out of stock and in high demand..... So i'm thunking there really is no correcting of my problem at the moment.

Amazon has been great any time I have ever had an issue, I'm just all mopey because I have been stoked about this game for some time!!!

[quote name='Serpentor']Sounds like there's another batching coming out... My PS3 copy is shipped from Amazon, but that order was placed last week.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't appear there are new ones being printed/manufactured...if that's what you mean. This small batch that popped up today could either be returns (as someone here previously mentioned) or they were able to acquire a bit more stock that were in current circulation.

Either way, I'm just happy I was able to score a copy at this price. I just hope it does indeed come new and in new/mint condition. I'd hate to have to return for a refund.

It's back!

Jump on it if anyone out there still wants it...PS3 only. HURRY!!!

EDIT: Gone again...wow...lol.

On a side note...my MVC3: SE order I placed yesterday is now at "Shipping Soon" status. :D

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']It doesn't appear there are new ones being printed/manufactured...if that's what you mean. This small batch that popped up today could either be returns (as someone here previously mentioned) or they were able to acquire a bit more stock that were in current circulation.

Either way, I'm just happy I was able to score a copy at this price. I just hope it does indeed come new and in new/mint condition. I'd hate to have to return for a refund.[/QUOTE]

If it's return then chances are one of us probably will get a slightly dented box? It better not be the case... I returned the Okami book because the corner pages were bend (most casual readers probably don't even care). I'm sure someone will get the Okami book I returned... In the case of the book, I was able to get a replacement w/o problems, but not sure for this SE...

I mother-fucking knew it! :bomb:

Just received my MVC3 SE and it has a dent on the top face of the case and bent upwards along the lining in the same area. The case is awesome, but now ruined because of this shit. This is a total return because they packaged it really well to me to probably prevent further damage.

Sadly, I will not be keeping this and it's going back. I really am starting to hate people in the shipping/mail industries (my Killzone 3 game came dislodged in the case, thankfully there were no scratches).

fuck! :bomb:

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']I mother-fucking knew it! :bomb:

Just received my MVC3 SE and it has a dent on the top face of the case and bent upwards along the lining in the same area. The case is awesome, but now ruined because of this shit. This is a total return because they packaged it really well to me to probably prevent further damage.

Sadly, I will not be keeping this and it's going back. I really am starting to hate people in the shipping/mail industries (my Killzone 3 game came dislodged in the case, thankfully there were no scratches).

fuck! :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Dude sorry to hear that! :cry: Mine came in today and was about a 9.5 out of 10. Just the most minuscule of damage on the black sleeve's spine.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']I mother-fucking knew it! :bomb:

fuck! :bomb:[/QUOTE]
You got... CLOWN'D

[quote name='Brenex']Dude sorry to hear that! :cry: Mine came in today and was about a 9.5 out of 10. Just the most minuscule of damage on the black sleeve's spine.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear yours came in great...really wish I could share your good fortune. :cry:

[quote name='scarhawk']You got... CLOWN'D[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no kidding. More like CLOWN'D RAP'D! Well, I could order from the Capcom Store, but after this scenario and hearing all the bullshit people had to deal with the Capcom Store, I think I'm just going to now wait until this game is $20 for the standard. My excitement has been all but zapped away into oblivion.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Yeah, no kidding. More like CLOWN'D RAP'D! Well, I could order from the Capcom Store, but after this scenario and hearing all the bullshit people had to deal with the Capcom Store, I think I'm just going to now wait until this game is $20 for the standard. My excitement has been all but zapped away into oblivion.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I'm sorry to hear that too. I would hate for something like that happen to me.

I'm interested though in what you've read about the Capcom store. I just placed an order yesterday on their website; should I be expecting a similar damaged product?

[quote name='Brenex']Dude sorry to hear that! :cry: Mine came in today and was about a 9.5 out of 10. Just the most minuscule of damage on the black sleeve's spine.[/QUOTE]

mine that came in a couple of days ago was exactly the same way.

[quote name='htown01']Damn, I'm sorry to hear that too. I would hate for something like that happen to me.

I'm interested though in what you've read about the Capcom store. I just placed an order yesterday on their website; should I be expecting a similar damaged product?[/QUOTE]
It's all luck/chance. You could get a damaged one or one one with barely visible wear.

[quote name='edson13']mine that came in a couple of days ago was exactly the same way.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same here.. it's so minuscule that I'm not sure if I could call it damage. The steelbook was in perfect condition.

[quote name='scarhawk']It's all luck/chance. You could get a damaged one or one one with barely visible wear.[/QUOTE]

Okay, just wanted to make sure. I bought a :360: copy a couple of days ago at GS and it was in great condition; no dents on the steelbook, and the plastic was still intact. The only minor thing was that the bottom right corner of the case sleeve was a little scuffed (most likely caused by the handling of the employees when placing it on the shelf).

Thanks to all of y'all keeping us informed on this. I hope Capcom doesn't send my copies in a bubble mailer :pray:

yeah the blacksleeve on mine had minor creases on both sides but the steelbook/artbook were sealed and perfect. the creases most likely came from the sleeve coming off the steelbook during shipment since it comes loose and unattached to the steelbook (no tape or circle stickers). i think im gonna keep this sealed for a while..man steelbooks are nice.

I would have preferred my sleeve arrive in ashes and have a perfect steel case in comparison to what I received.

Still pondering whether to place my order via the Capcom Store. Anyone here ever had to deal with returns/refunds with Capcom Store/Digital River Inc.?

They currently have 666 PS3 versions left...and as you would guess, I sure as hell don't plan on placing my order on that number after my recent experience. ;)

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']I would have preferred my sleeve arrive in ashes and have a perfect steel case in comparison to what I received.

Still pondering whether to place my order via the Capcom Store. Anyone here ever had to deal with returns/refunds with Capcom Store/Digital River Inc.?

They currently have 666 PS3 versions left...and as you would guess, I sure as hell don't plan on placing my order on that number after my recent experience. ;)[/QUOTE]

Yes, if you return something to Capcom/DR, you have to pay return shipping and they will not refund any shipping you paid initially, just the actual item cost, even if the damage or other problem was 100% their fault. It's awful and unfortunately, Capcom customer service can't do anything to help.

[quote name='lukejskywalker']Is the SE really worth the extra money?[/QUOTE]
You know, I don't think people really think about the worth as much as the fact they can't buy them readily outside of online sources.

i decided to buy this only because i know there wont be another mvc for perhaps a decade or slightly less.

and considering that the SE is out of stock a lot, i figured it would feel nice in the future to know that you own an SE of a rare game haha... thats just how i feel...

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']They currently have 666 PS3 versions left...and as you would guess, I sure as hell don't plan on placing my order on that number after my recent experience. ;)[/QUOTE]

:lol: Yeah, I would suggest you wait for that inventory number to go down at least 1 before you order :lol:

[quote name='lukejskywalker']Is the SE really worth the extra money?[/QUOTE]

I would gladly pay $10 more to add a steelbook with incredible art to my collection, that's just me. Many others buy their games and trade them in afterward. To each his own.

just got mine today, luckily the game and book is perfect. just like the other guys^, the sleeve has very, very, very minor wear and a small crease on a corner. but that could have been due to the shipping.. it was in a really tight cardboard flap

goodluck to fellow backorder buyers!

[quote name='oldboy26']my targets got a new shipment in this week, each had a few copies of both 360 and ps3 CEs.[/QUOTE]

And where would this target be located?

bread's done
Back