Amazon offer 15 credit with LA Noire

awesome. i pre ordered about a week ago on the 360 but switched it to the PS3 version because of the Exclusive case. with my exsisting credit im only paying $35 for it. besides steam amazon is literally the only place i buy games anymore.

[quote name='benjamouth']Hmm, I'll wait to see some reviews and for the seemingly inevitable $40 after a couple of weeks price at Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Ditto

Yep, I learned my lesson with Portal 2.
This time of year, it seems they will drop the price in less then a week.
The $59 price point is for suckers.

"You know what I think, Amazon? I think you planned this $15 credit all along. I don't think the CAGs had anything to do with it."

Finally! Just ordered it with that $30 tiger woods credit, plus the $5 promo for they gave me for not having the dlc putter right away....$25.98 for release day LA noire delivered to my house?? HELL, YEAH!

[quote name='gage006']Any differences between the PS3 and 360 copy?[/QUOTE]

I doubt it, not that I have heard, just the 3(360) to 1(PS3) discs. Maybe a small difference in the graphics. One will be a little darker one a little lighter. Let the flame war begin.:hot:

Dang I hadn't heard the 360 was 3 discs. Can it be installed to hard drive to avoid swapping?

I might have to go PS3 even though I like 360 better.

[quote name='theEchness']I doubt it, not that I have heard, just the 3(360) to 1(PS3) discs. Maybe a small difference in the graphics. One will be a little darker one a little lighter. Let the flame war begin.:hot:[/QUOTE]

The ps3 has an exclusive case at least I believe.

5613360663_862c9f26e4_z.jpg

Installing games to the 360 never removes the need to swap discs. The 360 still checks to see if the proper disc is in the tray and then reads the data from the HDD. The only games that get around this are games like Borderlands GotY (2 Disc) that actually install the DLC to the HDD.

The difference is that you are still trying to play a disc based game from the HDD without having the disc in the 360, which isn't allowed. This prevents rentals/borrowed games/used games that are then returned/games that were traded becoming a permanent game that can always be played.

So, if I ordered it back when they were offering $10 credit am I automatically upgraded to $15 or should I cancel and reorder?

I know this gets asked all the time, but I don't think I've seen a definitive yes or no on this subject.

[quote name='frankmackeyspam']So, if I ordered it back when they were offering $10 credit am I automatically upgraded to $15 or should I cancel and reorder?

I know this gets asked all the time, but I don't think I've seen a definitive yes or no on this subject.[/QUOTE]

You are good for the new credit. Happened to me a while back, they upgraded me to the better credit. If you want to make sure for yourself, just cancel the pre-order and re-pre-order.

[quote name='theEchness']You are good for the new credit. Happened to me a while back, they upgraded me to the better credit. If you want to make sure for yourself, just cancel the pre-order and re-pre-order.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='frankmackeyspam']So, if I ordered it back when they were offering $10 credit am I automatically upgraded to $15 or should I cancel and reorder?

I know this gets asked all the time, but I don't think I've seen a definitive yes or no on this subject.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, you should be good for the new credit, and you might luck out and they'll give you both $10 AND $15 credit if you keep it as the case was with Portal 2 pre-orders like mine (well, $5 and $20). Failing that you can always contact Customer Service.

[quote name='DANIEL']why is this game getting so much buzz? isnt this Grand theft auto meets the 1950s?[/QUOTE]

Because it has the Rockstar emblem on it.

This is not GTA in the 1950s. It's more like Heavy Rain with dashes of GTA. The reason it is getting a lot of hype is for a few reasons.
1-it is a R* game
2-The graphics in it are top notch
3-The storyline/world

[quote name='DANIEL']why is this game getting so much buzz? isnt this Grand theft auto meets the 1950s?[/QUOTE]

R* has said this is what it isn't. They wanted to make an actual detective story. There are fewer times when you can run around the cause GTA style mayhem. This game is all about reading people's faces to tell if they are lying or telling the truth and investigating, you know detective stuff.

I never understood why they can't make it easier for us gamers. If you have a gigantic harddrive and the option to save games to the harddrive - throw us a bone, here. I mean, it's not impossible. Make it so Disc 1 has to be the one in the tray for verification purposes. That way, disc 2 and 3 can't be given to friends to "cheat" the system.

PC games have been doing this for YEARS. I'm sure there was some way they could have programmed it to work out that way.

Am I missing something, or is there actually no release date delivery option for this game? As much as I'd like to order from Amazon, screw that if I'm not able to get the game on the day it comes out.

[quote name='gage006']Any differences between the PS3 and 360 copy?[/QUOTE]

if amazon comes with any preorder DLC, you'll get to redeem it on X360. for PS3, have fun waiting sometime this month...

Yeah unless you just don't have a K-Mart anywhere near you, you'd be clinically insane not to get it there.

$20 coupon towards a future gaming purchase (effective for 45 days starting 5/22)

AND

Any game UP TO $19.99 for free instantly. New price drop list is in post #6 of the K-Mart thread and there's some good stuff to be had.

:drool:

[quote name='SpaceInsomniac']Am I missing something, or is there actually no release date delivery option for this game? As much as I'd like to order from Amazon, screw that if I'm not able to get the game on the day it comes out.[/QUOTE]

When selecting shipping speed.. it has " FREE Release-Date Delivery --get it Tuesday, May 17" for me. Granted I am a Prime subscriber.. but there is release-date delivery on this.

Thank you op just ordered it.

I was not happy to see portal 2 drop in price so quickly, but I do not believe that it will happen with this game. GTA4 and Red Dead held their prices for quite some time.

[quote name='Lei']is the kmart deal in-store only or online too?[/QUOTE]

In-store only since the purpose of the promotion is to get older games off the shelves.

So you pretty much have to decide where you want to buy it if the DLC for the suit is included in the packaging that it has a different sku than gamestop or kmart. What sucks is that I'll usually buy a game on release date and buy the cheaper one within the month and return that one using the receipt. Not the case this time.

bread's done
Back