Amazon - Packaging and Delivery Woes

FeralWraith

CAGiversary!
So, today is the first time I've ever found it necessary to return a package to Amazon.

I got my copy of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Collector's Edition in a bubble mailer, which was the first sign of trouble. I'd heard horror stories lately in the Amazon Credit thread about destroyed game packages coming in bubble mailers from Coffeyville, Kansas. I checked my package's origination...Coffeyville. Shit. The bubble mailer itself looked fine, but once I opened it up, that's where the trouble started.

The game's package looked okay at first glance, but the tape seal on the top of the game was peeled off, and it had taken some of the box's paint with it, leaving a nice little half-circle blemish on the top of the box. Once I got the lid opened, I saw that the contents looked like they had been previously removed and looked through. The steelbook was partially open, and the cardboard that the USB drive came in was somewhat crumpled around the edges, as if someone had trouble getting it back in.

Everything looked like it was there, but the overall signs (above) pointed to tampering. I am also worried about the lack of a packing slip, since when I opened up the bubble mailer, all that it contained was the game.

All in all, it's going back, and I'm requesting a refund. Once I get paid Friday, I'll try to find a copy of the collector's edition locally. Maybe I'm overreacting, or maybe I'm not. Either way, I don't feel like taking a risk on a $75 "new" game.

Anyone else have any horror stories of their own?

I've gotten a couple of bubble-mailed shipments that ended up damaged (don't think I've ever gotten any Amazon packages sent from Kansas, for the record). What I've done in those cases is put in an exchange request, making sure to mention that it was damaged in-transit, was sent in a bubble mailer, and that I'd prefer to have the replacement shipped in a box. Never had a problem.

Most recently, I had to return an item that I'd ordered as a present... and it was only a couple of days from the recipient's birthday. I called them and had a replacement shipped to me right away; had to pay extra for the one-day shipping (I have Prime so it wasn't much... but still), but the replacement arrived on time and was in much better condition.

I order a lot of graphic novels and hardcovers from amazon and it happens from time to time. I had to return the same book three times because of mediocre packaging. All three times the books corners were all dented in from them not putting enough packaging in the box. When you pay $30-40 for a brand new book you expect it not to be all jacked up.

bread's done
Back