Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish ALL of the ME2 DLC was sold via Amazon download service...
But, it's only sold at the Bioware Store exclusively [for download].

[quote name='XtraN']No go for Mass Effect activation on Origin. I IM'd with Brandie via Origin's live chat and she simply said it was an invalid key. I then mentioned that last time this happened with one of my Amazon keys one of the Origin reps did some magic to get it to work. So I was just making sure before I contact Amazon..

She just replied again that it was an invalid key. You know...with as much trouble as Origin has had with these slightly older games, you think ALL their staff would get the message on how to handle this issue. We either have unorganized Origin management or some Origin employees that don't care to do their job. :(

[EDIT]
To give Origin some credit, the first time I called for registration issues (Crysis I think) , I was happy with the experience and had my download started quickly. :D
So far it is 50/50 for me.[/QUOTE]

I JUST got it activated with a rep. He took a while, but made it happen.

[quote name='TheDragonAce']Was able to get my Mass Effect 1 to register on Origin after chatting with the Origin rep. Had to make a Pogo account for the rep to activate it on Origin.[/QUOTE]

what is a Pogo account?

If you tie either of these games to your Origin account, is that the only way to play them from then on (i.e. required to run through Origin)? Or would people still have the option of the regular activation/registration w/o Origin?

[quote name='agentghost']what is a Pogo account?[/QUOTE]

Some site by ea where you play browser games. Not even sure why I had to register for this >.

The Origin registration on these old games is weird. I was able to register like 7 old games using those activation links without issue. They were games I purchased from all different places: Amazon, Direct2Drive, Impulse. So, it was varied on where I got the keys. The only game that did not register for me was Crysis Wars but it took an EA rep about 4 minutes to make it appear on my account.

It makes no sense that some keys work and some do not.

[quote name='avwjase']The Origin registration on these old games is weird. I was able to register like 7 old games using those activation links without issue. They were games I purchased from all different places: Amazon, Direct2Drive, Impulse. So, it was varied on where I got the keys. The only game that did not register for me was Crysis Wars but it took an EA rep about 4 minutes to make it appear on my account.

It makes no sense that some keys work and some do not.
[/QUOTE]

Actually, it's EA - so this all makes PERFECT sense. ;)

[quote name='avwjase']The Origin registration on these old games is weird. I was able to register like 7 old games using those activation links without issue. They were games I purchased from all different places: Amazon, Direct2Drive, Impulse. So, it was varied on where I got the keys. The only game that did not register for me was Crysis Wars but it took an EA rep about 4 minutes to make it appear on my account.

It makes no sense that some keys work and some do not.[/QUOTE]

Lucky. I was unable to get things like my retail C&C3, C&C3 Kane's Wrath, BF2, etc to register via those links at all yet some people on the EA forums had no issue with those exact titles. Sounds like they would work if you had never registered the games to begin with but you had to register to install them back in the day lol.

[quote name='Zaku77']I'm really tempted to grab Mass Effect, but I would really prefer it to be on steam :/[/QUOTE]

Once you pop your origin cherry it's not so bad. Opens you up to a lot more deals.

[quote name='Zaku77']I'm really tempted to grab Mass Effect, but I would really prefer it to be on steam :/[/QUOTE]

Get used to Origin, if you want some EA titles that actually require it.
KOA: Reckoning [Non-Steam], BF3, and ME3 do REQUIRE Origin.
I bet we'll see more EA titles in the future require Origin.

I'd love to see Football Manager 2012 DVD (as there seems to be too many problems with download) for $19.99.

[quote name='Guimengo']I'd love to see Football Manager 2012 DVD (as there seems to be too many problems with download) for $19.99.[/QUOTE]

What are the problems with the download?

Cheers,
Tony

I have a question:
Say I pre-order ME3 -- I'll be able to pre-load it like normal before the 'release' date, right?

(...Actually, wouldn't I just get an Origin key and put that in pre-release? How's that work?)

Thanks! (Love the Amazon deals btw. Got FF14 today..figured for 10 bucks..what the hell.)

[quote name='plutoknight']I have a question:
Say I pre-order ME3 -- I'll be able to pre-load it like normal before the 'release' date, right?

(...Actually, wouldn't I just get an Origin key and put that in pre-release? How's that work?)

Thanks! (Love the Amazon deals btw. Got FF14 today..figured for 10 bucks..what the hell.)[/QUOTE]

Depends if they offer a pre-load, if they do then yep you will be able to. We'll deliver you your Origin key, charge your credit card, and give you a $10 games credit on the "pre-load" day, if they go that route. I don't have confirmation that they will yet though.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']What are the problems with the download?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Wow, I am very surprised to see my post get noticed! :) As I've read the issues are messages that the game isn't legitimate (biggest one), someone having to redownload the game on Steam after downloading it from Amazon, and some not being able to download at all.

[quote name='Guimengo']Wow, I am very surprised to see my post get noticed! :) As I've read the issues are messages that the game isn't legitimate (biggest one), someone having to redownload the game on Steam after downloading it from Amazon, and some not being able to download at all.[/QUOTE]

Have I missed questions from you in the past? If so, my bad dude, send me a PM next time so I can connect with you directly! I'm here to answer your quesitons and help out where I can.

As for issues with the downloader...I can tell you that we track contacts per unit sold on the hourly basis and we've sold thousands and thousands of copies of Football Manager 12. If we'd gotten enough contacts to raise an alarm we would have taken the game off sale and worked with Sega for a fix...like we did with Risen and other titles we've have issues with.

I read the reviews you are referencing and it sounds like people were mainly upset with the following issues:

1. Not recognizing keys - We get our keys from the publisher, who in turn gets them from Steam...so if we distribute a key that doesn't work, it is because there was an error in the generation of the key, when this occurs if the customer contacts Amazon CS we issue a new one. If this happened on a wide scale (more than 10 customers) I'd know within ~30 minutes...as in emails with little red exclamation points would start appearing in my inbox, I would pull the title off sale, and we'd start working towards a solution.

2. Having to "download twice" this is generally a function of people either not understanding how patches work, and being upset when they download from us, and then have to install a big patch, either a Steam Client patch or a game patch.

In any case, I can tell you that I currently have no alerts about the game having issues and we're moving enough units that I would if we were.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions, or if you buy the game and have any issues.

Cheers,
Tony

You did not miss a previous post, I was just surprised that out of several thousand posts you were able to reach mine. Usually I'm a ghost around here as I don't post often and when I do, it tends to get lost in dozens of posts swarming the area shortly afterwards.

I really appreciate your effort and care, I haven't been able to buy games for a little while but Amazon will definitely be my 1st place to check (as it had been before, to be honest). I understand the code issue isn't Amazon's fault, I posted as more of my general concern with Steam failing to perform. If FM2012 does drop I'll have faith in the download and "bite" on the deal. :)

[quote name='Guimengo']You did not miss a previous post, I was just surprised that out of several thousand posts you were able to reach mine. Usually I'm a ghost around here as I don't post often and when I do, it tends to get lost in dozens of posts swarming the area shortly afterwards.

I really appreciate your effort and care, I haven't been able to buy games for a little while but Amazon will definitely be my 1st place to check (as it had been before, to be honest). I understand the code issue isn't Amazon's fault, I posted as more of my general concern with Steam failing to perform. If FM2012 does drop I'll have faith in the download and "bite" on the deal. :)[/QUOTE]

No worries man, good to hear you'll be looking at us when you're ready to download. I can tell you that I'm working towards a deal on football manager and will let you know if/when we move on it.

As for the tons of posts, I legitimately try to read every post in this thread and respond to any quesitons/concerns...I don't want to just show up and show "DEALS ARE HERE COME BUY!".

I really value the community we're building/have built here and you guys have been absolutely phenomenal in making this project successful. Like I said, if I ever miss a question/concern just PM me and I usually respond within a matter of hours.

Cheers,
Tony

i've read through the previous posts about linking ME1 to Origin. it seems it can be linked only by an EA Game Adviser/customer service rep. does anyone know the customer service hours? thanks.

[quote name='wirtsleg']i've read through the previous posts about linking ME1 to Origin. it seems it can be linked only by an EA Game Adviser/customer service rep. does anyone know the customer service hours? thanks.[/QUOTE]

It can also be linked via a website, it's an EA website to activate games. Not gonna do the work for you though, but I can tell you it is out there and quite easy to find.

[quote name='wirtsleg']thanks pinkgun. they're unavailable right now and earlier when i tried. i will try later.[/QUOTE]
I just went to https://help.ea.com/connect-with-us and turns out IF you choose option like this
What product is your question about?
Mass Effect

What game are you playing?
Mass Effect 3 N7 Digital Deluxe

Account/Registration
The LIVE CHAT will become available, give it a try :p

Edit: However if you answser "Mass Effect" to "What game are you playing?", you can only do the email, but EA email reply is quick

[quote name='KieferCrimson']Dead Island for $13.88[/QUOTE]

It is the physical disc version and with shipping, it is ~$20 ;)

[quote name='Nogib']I did get mine activated via chat too but now need to get back at them so I can get Bring Down the Sky. Ugh.[/QUOTE]

You should've done both from the same chat session :)

EA chat help reps sometimes do wonders. Yesterday a friend of mine sold me NFS The Run Limited Edition but it was accidentally activated on his Origin account, it only took the rep 10 minutes to transfer the game with new serial to my account plus Most Wanted/Carbon/Underground Challenge Series DLCs :applause:

The only time I transferred a game from one Steam account to another took Steam support 9 days :whistle2:#

The only issue I have with Origin that could not be resolved no matter what is that I can not buy from Origin Store ! I always get "Payment Authorization Failed" error and that is why I would only buy EA games from Amazon (besides awesome deals and brilliant support)

Hey Tony and the rest of the Amazon team , good job on everything your doing, to provide us gamers with amazing deals. Just one request , would it be possible to add the "add to wishlist" function to the download games , so we can easily store our most wanted games together and in future if gifting becomes a possibility others can buy for us.
Thanks alot , would like to see a good deal on the saboteur and the first nfs shift game in the future!!

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Darkspore is 5.99 at Gamefly
http://www.gamefly.com/Download-Darkspore/5000321/?cid=gdn021712

Not sure if Amazon wants to match it...I already own it but for those that don't its not a bad price.[/QUOTE]

Hamsters are running on wheels as we speak.

[quote name='MysterD']@Tony
Can we expect to get a preview today on next week's sale [that begins tomorrow]? ;)[/QUOTE]

Aside from The Witcher 2 for $14.99 (which I'll put in the OP now) you'll have to wait a couple more days for the preview of what we'll be doing next week. It doesn't start until later in the week and I'm still putting together the full plan.

Those looking for a smoking hot deal on Payday The Heist (among others) will be excited though...

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']

Those looking for a smoking hot deal on Payday The Heist (among others) will be excited though...[/QUOTE]

Consider my breath baited.....

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hamsters are running on wheels as we speak.

Aside from The Witcher 2 for $14.99 (which I'll put in the OP now) you'll have to wait a couple more days for the preview of what we'll be doing next week. It doesn't start until later in the week and I'm still putting together the full plan.

Those looking for a smoking hot deal on Payday The Heist (among others) will be excited though...[/QUOTE]

PAYDAY! I am VERY excited.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']

Nice @ Payday going on sale. Been looking for that one.

As for The Witcher 2 - I already have that, as I bought that long ago from GOG; actually had that on Pre-Order.
At $15, anybody who loves RPG's should NOT hesitate on getting The Witcher 2; especially since it's DRM-FREE.
It's one of the best RPG's of 2011.

Also, gonna be interesting to see whatever else you guys might be tossing on sale...

Tony, I've asked before but can you please tell us why Syndicate PC version doesn't have the $20 credit when it's the same price ($59.99 for physical SKU) as the console versions? It just doesn't make any sense and is a total deal-breaker for me. :( The download version is $53.99 as well, I'd buy that if it had even a $10 credit. But as it is now it ain't fair. :(

[quote name='applesauce']Tony, I've asked before but can you please tell us why Syndicate PC version doesn't have the $20 credit when it's the same price ($59.99 for physical SKU) as the console versions? It just doesn't make any sense and is a total deal-breaker for me. :( The download version is $53.99 as well, I'd buy that if it had even a $10 credit. But as it is now it ain't fair. :([/QUOTE]

Hey there applesauce, sorry about missing your earlier posts (you sent me a PM that I responded to though).

The difference in pre-order discounting between the console version and PC download version is that the business is radically different. We try to make sure that we have the most competitive offer in the market for our channel. $53.99 is currently the cheapest you can get Syndicate as a PC download.

Not the answer you want to hear but, as I've said before, my team and I focus on the PC download channel. Exceptions occur, like the most recent BF3 promo on ME3, but when possible we make sure that the PC download offer is the best you'll find for that type of purchase.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='applesauce']Thanks Tony, I didn't seem to get the PM. Thanks for the clarification. Maybe I'll just buy it anyway as $53.99 is indeed the lowest price so far.[/QUOTE]

No worries applesauce, sorry you missed the PM :(. Glad you understand, let me know how you like the game if you end up picking it up. I'm still on the fence about it myself.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='jkimrey']Tony - sorry if I missed your response, but any idea when (if?) you'll be getting the Alan Wake LE?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the answer I got from my tech team was "soon", so I'm hoping early next week. I know they are finishing up some stuff that is involved in the big sale starting late next week so that is taking priority right now.

I'll update as soon as we've got it up :).

Cheers,
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back