Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='solaris389']F1 2011 comes out in a couple of days, any chance of seeing it added to the 20% off list? Just going to go ahead and buy it on Steam tomorrow, if we don't hear anything.

Doesn't look like this one is even getting a disc release on PC, so you aren't competing with the Amazon retail side if you announce something.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I was out of town this weekend, and although I was checking and trying to respond to the community here in a timely fashion, I must have missed this. It sounds like you likely already made a purchase though. If you did, I hope you're enjoying the game!

Funny that you were asking about a racing game in a thread that was about to be updated with a deal for a different racing game.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='cheaphuck']Amazing price. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Glad you're excited about it :) We were excited to bring it to you!

I'm kicking around the idea of starting a "here's how I'm enjoying the games I got on sale" thread in general discussion, I'll let you know if I do.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sorry, I was out of town this weekend, and although I was checking and trying to respond to the community here in a timely fashion, I must have missed this. It sounds like you likely already made a purchase though. If you did, I hope you're enjoying the game!

Funny that you were asking about a racing game in a thread that was about to be updated with a deal for a different racing game.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I didn't purchase it yet, I was giving you a chance to answer. I still didn't really get one, so I'll take it as a no.

Great price on Test Drive Unlimited 2. Going to buy a second copy of that one for my daughter's gaming pc. She's 10, and did the entire build herself (with supervision of course).

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Updated with new Deal of the Week: Test Drive Unlimited 2 $7.99 (60% off)[/QUOTE]

A very good choice, this was a somewhat under loved game when it released. My little girl has loved it all along, and I have enjoyed tooling around the city on it as well.

[quote name='solaris389']I didn't purchase it yet, I was giving you a chance to answer. I still didn't really get one, so I'll take it as a no.

Great price on Test Drive Unlimited 2. Going to buy a second copy of that one for my daughter's gaming pc. She's 10, and did the entire build herself (with supervision of course).[/QUOTE]

Your 10 year old daughter built her own Gaming PC? I don't think I started on any hardware work until middle school...and even then with heavy supervision. That's impressive.

Sorry for the lack of an answer. To be more direct, I checked our release calendar and it doesn't look like we'll be carrying F1 2011 at launch.

Glad to hear you'll be picking up TDU2, and I really appreciate you giving me the opportunity to respond. Hopefully next time it will be with "Yes, we have that game, and here's the awesome price we are selling it for"

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Your 10 year old daughter built her own Gaming PC? I don't think I started on any hardware work until middle school...and even then with heavy supervision. That's impressive.

Sorry for the lack of an answer. To be more direct, I checked our release calendar and it doesn't look like we'll be carrying F1 2011 at launch.

Glad to hear you'll be picking up TDU2, and I really appreciate you giving me the opportunity to respond. Hopefully next time it will be with "Yes, we have that game, and here's the awesome price we are selling it for"

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I appreciate the response. Still got me in under the pre-order window, $5 off at Steam is better than full price.

She did in fact build it herself, starting from just the bare components. We used the newer AMD chipset with crossfire across the cpu/video card, and one of those smallish cases. I didn't want to destroy expensive components if we had an accident or two. ;)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Updated with new Deal of the Week: Test Drive Unlimited 2 $7.99 (60% off)[/QUOTE]
Only one game this week? You guys are slacking here. :booty:

Just kidding, of course. ;) I'm not much of a racing fan, so I will have to pass this week. I'm still saving up as much Amazon gift card monetary as I can to apply towards my Guild Wars 2 pre-order (saving a whole 5% at the moment! :lol:). And I'm sure you might not know at the moment, buttttt.. you wouldn't happen to know if GW2 will be one of those "20% New Release" down the road, would ya? :lol::lol::lol:

And I agree with a lot of others above: it's definitely great to have a representative from Amazon hanging around here (and quite frequently, at that!). Perhaps that second place you guys got last year in the Customer's Choice Award was well-earned. :) Surely you guys will claim first place this year, yeah? ;)

Gotta give Amazon (aka you guys, if you're reading it) credit: darn good deal this week. Thanks for mentioning the Steam compatibility right next to it too. Guess I'll be picking it up, especially since I have Amazon credit anyway.

TDU2 is an awesome game. I look at it as a less arcade and more detailed version of Burnout Paradise. Buy it if that intrigues you.

Just bought TDU2 via the link in the OP, the serial I'm given in my games library didn't register on Steam: "Invalid Key". What gives? :cry:

[quote name='Edge']Gotta give Amazon (aka you guys, if you're reading it) credit: darn good deal this week. Thanks for mentioning the Steam compatibility right next to it too. Guess I'll be picking it up, especially since I have Amazon credit anyway.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='atreyuevr']Just bought TDU2 via the link in the OP, the serial I'm given in my games library didn't register on Steam: "Invalid Key". What gives? :cry:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the feedback and glad you all are enjoying the deal.

I edited the original post and wanted to clarify, this is one of those games that provides you with the serial number and the download that you can then add to your Steam library. Sorry if that was confusing. I'm going to revise my statement there to make sure it is clearer in the future.

Again, sorry about that, and fixed as soon as I noticed it. PM me if there is still an issue please.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Thanks for the feedback and glad you all are enjoying the deal.

I edited the original post and wanted to clarify, this is one of those games that provides you with the serial number and the download that you can then add to your Steam library. Sorry if that was confusing. I'm going to revise my statement there to make sure it is clearer in the future.

Again, sorry about that, and fixed as soon as I noticed it. PM me if there is still an issue please.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

It isn't a Steam Activation code? So basically, you download the game via Amazon, install it, and then add it as a non-Steam game to your library?

[quote name='atreyuevr']It isn't a Steam Activation code? So basically, you download the game via Amazon, install it, and then add it as a non-Steam game to your library?[/QUOTE]

This is correct.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Thanks for the feedback and glad you all are enjoying the deal.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about how you can add non-Steam games to the library, or is there another key within TDU2 that you can put on Steam after downloading to make it permanently stick to your account?

[quote name='atreyuevr']That's gonna piss some people off. =/ Now I can't get a refund because of the Game/Software Downloads Service Terms of Use... That sucks man. :cry:[/QUOTE]

I totally understand what you're saying, and apologize again. What I was saying above is, if this affected you, send me a PM and I'll work with you to reach a resolution. Just don't want the conversation to dominate the board.

Cheers,
Tony

Even if you had Steam, pretty sure this game does it's own server thing anyway. It auto updates when there is a patch, which there hasn't been one for quite a while. Probably won't be any more.

[quote name='solaris389']Even if you had Steam, pretty sure this game does it's own server thing anyway. It auto updates when there is a patch, which there hasn't been one for quite a while. Probably won't be any more.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for providing the context Solar! It seems like the general consensus on this game is that it is a Burnout-like game with some great visuals.

Is that pretty accurate?

Added an update:

We dropped the price on this an additional 20% so the game is now $3.99 for the rest of this week.

If you purchased the game at the previous price I've got the ball rolling to get you a $4 credit so you don't feel like you missed out by taking advantage of the Deal of the Week early.

As always please reach out with any questions, and feel free to provide any feedback you have around the new offer!

Cheers,
Tony

This seems like a really good deal (I don't know how the game is, only played the first TDU). I know its got alot of negative things things said about the game but for 3.99 I'll take a chance on a game I'm semi-interested in. I was going to wait for the steam version to go on sale, but at this price point I'll jump on it. Keep up the good deals!

[quote name='RColaUAB']At that price I can't resist even though I probably won't play it for more than an hour[/QUOTE]

[quote name='p5ych0']This seems like a really good deal (I don't know how the game is, only played the first TDU). I know its got alot of negative things things said about the game but for 3.99 I'll take a chance on a game I'm semi-interested in. I was going to wait for the steam version to go on sale, but at this price point I'll jump on it. Keep up the good deals![/QUOTE]

Thanks! Glad you think this is a better deal :). In the interest of getting honest feedback, if you two do try the game, I'd love for you to let me know what you thought, and if this is the kind of deal we should pursue in the future.

Your direct feedback helps me position where I focus my energies in terms of what is working and what isn't.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='RColaUAB']At that price I can't resist even though I probably won't play it for more than an hour[/QUOTE]

[quote name='p5ych0']This seems like a really good deal (I don't know how the game is, only played the first TDU). I know its got alot of negative things things said about the game but for 3.99 I'll take a chance on a game I'm semi-interested in. I was going to wait for the steam version to go on sale, but at this price point I'll jump on it. Keep up the good deals![/QUOTE]

Thanks! Glad you think this is a better deal :). In the interest of getting honest feedback, if you two do try the game, I'd love for you to let me know what you thought.

After playing it, was $3.99 the right price point? And is it more about the actual price or the relative price to the cost of the game?

Cheers,
Tony

I have to admit that I'm very tempted by this price point as well.

Hope people have good things to say about it. Reviews have been very mixed, to say the least.

So just to clarify, as I have never brought a non-Steam game into Steam. If I by this an register with Steam will I be able to get the achievements and use Steam overlay to meet people in game?

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']So just to clarify, as I have never brought a non-Steam game into Steam. If I by this an register with Steam will I be able to get the achievements and use Steam overlay to meet people in game?[/QUOTE]

No, you will not be able to get the achievements, but you will be able to use the overlay. Not quite sure if it will enable you to meet people in-game. My guess is no, since adding non-Steam games to your library is basically just enabling you to run it via Steam and therefore being able to use the overlay. Otherwise, nothing is added to the game, and you gain no features from Steam besides being able to use the overlay, which doesn't work with the game.

I already had this game from a 7-11 promotion, but it was a direct download from Atari without a system to redownload and I wiped my hard drive with a Windows install recently. It's easier for me to pay $4 than try to retrieve my back up copy off an external HDD. You've made a sale, Amazon. Keep up the good work.
BTW : It's playable with a 360 controller, thank God.

I'm tempted, but does the Amazon version use the same Securom DRM that it sounds like the digital download copies had? Or something else?

I'll buy in a heartbeat (just built a new gaming PC :) ) if it's not going to install Securom but I'll pass if it does.

Amazon: Including info on the DRM involved on your game listings would make me much more comfortable buying-- both this deal, and in general. Right now I don't buy anything PC unless I can confirm what sort of DRM it's using. (and if I don't like it, I usually will just go for a console version)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Tony, couldn't pass it up at this price. I was trying to hold out on finding a deal on Dirt 3 somewhere but this will hold me over until then.

[quote name='Justin42']I'm tempted, but does the Amazon version use the same Securom DRM that it sounds like the digital download copies had? Or something else?

I'll buy in a heartbeat (just built a new gaming PC :) ) if it's not going to install Securom but I'll pass if it does.

Amazon: Including info on the DRM involved on your game listings would make me much more comfortable buying-- both this deal, and in general. Right now I don't buy anything PC unless I can confirm what sort of DRM it's using. (and if I don't like it, I usually will just go for a console version)[/QUOTE]

I'm running down the answer to this question right now.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll get back to you on this as soon as I have an answer.

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks for the update, Tony. One thing I think Amazon.com desperately needs to do with their digital download service is to list the version of a game they're selling. Sometimes I simply avoid buying the digital version because I have no idea how updated the game is. Even a link to the latest patch at the developer's or publisher's site would be a step in the right direction.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Sorry if this has been asked, but can you use Amazon credit on these digital downloads?[/QUOTE]

I don't see why not.

Does TDU2 activate on Steam? It should be required that (Activates on Steam) or (Does NOT activate on Steam) be listed beside the DOTW

[quote name='Roguestriker']I don't see why not.[/QUOTE]

I think he's probably asking about the Amazon Gaming Credits that were from preorders of games and such, I am not sure that it works with the downloads, it would be good to know.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I'm running down the answer to this question right now.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll get back to you on this as soon as I have an answer.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I asked our QA team to test this, here's the answer:

Yes, this game has SecuRom on it, it requires the key and an internet connection to authenticate.

Also we're updating the page to make this clearer.

Can anyone who has purchased comment on the DRM? I haven't gotten any complaints on the boards here so I'm assuming it isn't an issue.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='kayatai']I think he's probably asking about the Amazon Gaming Credits that were from preorders of games and such, I am not sure that it works with the downloads, it would be good to know.[/QUOTE]

The answer to this question is "yes". Promo credit given by Video games should be redeemable against Digital Video Games.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I asked our QA team to test this, here's the answer:

Yes, this game has SecuRom on it, it requires the key and an internet connection to authenticate.

Also we're updating the page to make this clearer.

Can anyone who has purchased comment on the DRM? I haven't gotten any complaints on the boards here so I'm assuming it isn't an issue.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks for getting back to me! Sadly it means I have to pass on this game. I'm sure many people have no problems with Securom, but I have no interest in finding out whether or not my computer is one of those that it chooses to really mess with. :/

But my other point stands, type of DRM does strongly influence my purchasing decisions so knowing that up front would be really, really helpful.

Yeah I have a $20 promo credit and $25 gift credit and whenever I go to buy a Digital download it just asks for my Credit card info, never gives me an option to use the credit. Am I missing something?

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Yeah I have a $20 promo credit and $25 gift credit and whenever I go to buy a Digital download it just asks for my Credit card info, never gives me an option to use the credit. Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

Let me research this further and get back to you. This is a regular question and I'll put the answer on the OP.

Also...go Browns...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back