Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Nelo Ice']DAMN what a deal on Crysis 2. I don't expect them to get any lower for some time.[/QUOTE]

Bought it, too.
Was hoping for something like THAT on C2. :D

[quote name='ndawgdrake']Anyone know if you can activate Driver: SF from Amazon onto Steam?[/QUOTE]

It's Ubisoft so probably not.

Awesome. I come home from work and Red Faction: Armageddon is now $7.49 on Amazon DL. Bought it instantly.
Thanks, Tony and Amazon. :)

Also - hey, I got TWO promo codes for Jan 2012 on the "Best of 2011" Deals they got planned in January 2012.
One for buying Crysis 2, one for buying RFA.

I got a question - will these promo codes stack together?
Or will it have to be done on DIFFERENT and SEPARATE orders?

[quote name='psunami']Is Crysis for activation on Origin, or is an Amazon download?

Not that it really matters, just curious.[/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly, almost all EA PC titles can be activated on Origin regardless if it was purchased from retail or other digital distribution sellers.

I was able to activate my Mass Effect 2, Battlefield Bad Company 2 that I got from Steam on Origin. (I prefer Steam, but to have a backup copy, why not?)

My Mirror's Edge and Crysis 2 retail copies were activated to Origin as well.

[quote name='psunami']Is Crysis for activation on Origin, or is an Amazon download?

Not that it really matters, just curious.[/QUOTE]

Are we talking about Crysis 2 from Amazon download service?
That version's game-key activated on Origin for me. :D

I can't speak for Crysis 1 or Warhead.
I have those from Retail.
Never tried activating those keys on Origin.
Probably worth a shot.

EDIT:
Just tried.
Origin would NOT take my Retail box game-keys for Crysis 1 and Crysis: Warhead.

[quote name='MysterD']Are we talking about Crysis 2 from Amazon download service?

Probably worth a shot.

EDIT:
Just tried.
Origin would NOT take my Retail box game-keys for Crysis 1 and Crysis: Warhead.[/QUOTE]

Bummer about Crysis 1, I'd much rather have the digital version than the DVD versions I have.

Thanks for the Crysis 2 info, I'll be picking it up tonight.

Tried to order Battlefield 3. Instead of giving me a code or allowing me to download the game, I get this....

Sorry, processing of this order is taking longer than expected

• This order may take up to 2 hours to process but usually will take less than an hour
• Please do not re-order this item
• Once your order is complete, you can download your purchase here. We will also send the download link to your e-mail address
• For more information or to cancel your order, contact us

Sigh, this is what I get from ordering from Amazon, I guess. I should've ordered directly from Origin. It's been nearly six hours, and every CSR is saying "just wait", despite my calls for help. They won't let me cancel my order and get my $$$ back because "I already downloaded it". This is saddening. I've been with Amazon for nearly four years and never have I experienced this type of bad service. Of course, they give me the "fowarding to our technical team, we'll respond to you in 1-2 days" nonsense. They've said that to me before, and they have NEVER responded to me. I think it's the equivalent of sending error reports to Microsoft when one of your programs crash. I really thought this would go a lot more smoothly, but I might reconsider giving my business to Amazon after this debacle.

I see you guys at Amazon DL service there matched Steam's deal of Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition for $8.
NICE going! :D

So, what's the DRM on your Amazon download version of BB: Legendary?

I wonder why they dropped Disney Universe from $12 to $10.50 when it was already so cheap. It's probably because I bought it last night when it was still $12 ;)

[quote name='Zbornak']I wonder why they dropped Disney Universe from $12 to $10.50 when it was already so cheap. It's probably because I bought it last night when it was still $12 ;)[/QUOTE]
Maybe they dropped the price b/c YOU were the only one who bought it last night... :p

[quote name='cRodz']i have a 5 dollar black friday credit i was given. How come i can not use it for PayDay?[/QUOTE]
Go read over the rules for it.

It's not for everything

[quote name='willietehpanda']Do these $5 promo codes stack with each other for a single game?[/QUOTE]

The email with the promo code that I got said that you can only use one promo code per game/order.

[quote name='cRodz']i have a 5 dollar black friday credit i was given. How come i can not use it for PayDay?
Today 07:42 AM[/QUOTE]

If you're talking about the $5 promo code, then that isn't usable until January 2012. Also, Payday: The Heist isn't one of the best selling games of 2012 that are part of the promo.

[quote name='mtxbass1']If I buy dead island, how long does it take for the promo code to show on my account?[/QUOTE]

When I bought The Witcher 2, I got an email with the promo code almost right away. Since you can't use the code until January 2012 the speed at which you get the promo code shouldn't be important anyway.

[quote name='willietehpanda']Do these $5 promo codes stack with each other for a single game?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='cRodz']i have a 5 dollar black friday credit i was given. How come i can not use it for PayDay?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='The Smilkman']The email with the promo code that I got said that you can only use one promo code per game/order.

If you're talking about the $5 promo code, then that isn't usable until January 2012. Also, Payday: The Heist isn't one of the best selling games of 2012 that are part of the promo.

When I bought The Witcher 2, I got an email with the promo code almost right away. Since you can't use the code until January 2012 the speed at which you get the promo code shouldn't be important anyway.[/QUOTE]

Smilkman pretty much covers everything here (thanks!) but I'll summarize again:

1. The $5 promo codes are able to be used from January 1 2012 - January 31 2012

2. Codes can be used only on games on this list of best selling games of 2011

3. You can earn multiple codes but only use 1 per transaction so if you buy 10 games, you'll get 10 $5 credits but you will only be able to use them 1 at a time.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Cheers,
Tony

Wish I had seen this thread to know that Crysis 2 was $10 on Cyber Monday. Since this thread title changes so often, it's hard to find it when looking for it via search.

[quote name='shrike4242']Wish I had seen this thread to know that Crysis 2 was $10 on Cyber Monday. Since this thread title changes so often, it's hard to find it when looking for it via search.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear you missed the deal Shrike :(. I surveyed the CAG community during my first few weeks posting here and the overwhelming (and vocal) majority asked that I keep everything to 1 post and change the title.

Any thoughts on how to make the process easier/more findable?

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sorry to hear you missed the deal Shrike :(. I surveyed the CAG community during my first few weeks posting here and the overwhelming (and vocal) majority asked that I keep everything to 1 post and change the title.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Title change is great but I think we need to add a Amazon PC DD or something to the beginning of the title.

I would rather see new threads for new deals, I don't always check these mega-threads, but I'm sure I'm in the overwhelming minority.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sorry to hear you missed the deal Shrike :(. I surveyed the CAG community during my first few weeks posting here and the overwhelming (and vocal) majority asked that I keep everything to 1 post and change the title.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]Something like this below:

[quote name='pROvIs']No worries about missing the sale. I'm sure it'll be that cheap again another time. I did get The Witcher 2 DLX, which was the main title I was looking for.

Title change is great but I think we need to add a Amazon PC DD or something to the beginning of the title.[/QUOTE]

Maybe something like:
Amazon PC DD - New xx/xx/xx sale items

Date stamping it might help with knowing when things change, and as search ignores anything 3-characters or less, at least putting "Amazon" in the title should make it easier to find.

[quote name='MysterD']Are we talking about Crysis 2 from Amazon download service?

Probably worth a shot.

EDIT:
Just tried.
Origin would NOT take my Retail box game-keys for Crysis 1 and Crysis: Warhead.[/QUOTE]
FYI I had this problem on my D2D download as well but found a solution. Apparently there is an old EADM registration link you can register older games through that ties them to origin. There are two different portals and they work with different games. Ill see if i can find them and update the post.

Edit: also remembered that some games like dead space you have to go into the registry to get your serial #
Edit: First link https://activate.ea.com/applyentitlement.do
Edit: Second Link https://activate.ea.com/gameactivation.do

They may require you to create an EA Classic and/or a Pogo account though.

[quote name='benjamouth']Is it possible for me to by the PC download version of Dead Island as a gift for someone else ?

If so, whats the best way ?[/QUOTE]

When you buy and go to redeem the code it allows you to email it to someone else. Since Dead Island is Steamworks they just need to register it on steam.

[quote name='pROvIs']When you buy and go to redeem the code it allows you to email it to someone else. Since Dead Island is Steamworks they just need to register it on steam.[/QUOTE]

I see two versions for Dead Island, PC and PC download. Does anyone know which one I buy inorder to link it to my steam account?

[quote name='ZaPpA_721']I see two versions for Dead Island, PC and PC download. Does anyone know which one I buy inorder to link it to my steam account?[/QUOTE]

Either, one is a physical boxed copy one is a Direct Download.

[quote name='pROvIs']Either, one is a physical boxes copy one is a Direct Download.[/QUOTE]

I see, so if I do get the direct download I should get a code that I can enter into my steam account to link them together? Sorry this is my first time buying steam games off amazon.

[quote name='pROvIs']FYI I had this problem on my D2D download as well but found a solution. Apparently there is an old EADM registration link you can register older games through that ties them to origin. There are two different portals and they work with different games. Ill see if i can find them and update the post.

Edit: also remembered that some games like dead space you have to go into the registry to get your serial #
Edit: First link https://activate.ea.com/applyentitlement.do
Edit: Second Link https://activate.ea.com/gameactivation.do

They may require you to create an EA Classic and/or a Pogo account though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this info pROvIs (man, you have the toughest name to type.)

I'll try this out later tonight.

[quote name='ZaPpA_721']I see, so if I do get the direct download I should get a code that I can enter into my steam account to link them together? Sorry this is my first time buying steam games off amazon.[/QUOTE]

yes

[quote name='psunami']Thanks for this info pROvIs (man, you have the toughest name to type.)

I'll try this out later tonight.[/QUOTE]

Feel free to ignore the caps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back