Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yeah, sorry about that man, I am 99% sure it is Securom but I know there are a bunch of games that have had the DRM patched out...and i'm not sure if this is one of them.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
I've dealt w/ numerous DRM's over the years - Securom, Tages, and even the horrible StarForce [ewwwwwwww!].

If you guys actually carried Philleason's Secret expansion for download, I'd probably be all over your River Of Time download deal - b/c I could always buy that Philleason expansion later from you guys.
Dealing w/ Securom isn't a big deal. Dealt w/ it more times that I can recall.

If ROT and Philleason were a stand-alone products like how Arcania: Gothic 4 and Arcania: Fall of Setarrif are both stand-alones, this all wouldn't be a problem... :p

If I download/buy from amazon can I use it to Steam? I always buy games from Steam what's the difference?

[quote name='Dzey']If I download/buy from amazon can I use it to Steam? I always buy games from Steam what's the difference?[/QUOTE]

That really depends from game-to-game.

Some games, they just don't use Steam, period. They might use some other DRM scheme - like Securom or Tages.
Some games, they might require other clients - like say EA Origin or G4WL.

Some games, they just flat-out require Steam, no matter what and no matter what version you buy or where you buy it from.
Example - Dead Island, Fallout: New Vegas, and Half-Life 2 ALL Require Steam.

Some games, there are different versions sold -> where there's a Steam version sold usually THROUGH Steam directly ONLY and Non-Steam Version from others places [which usually use another set of DRM].
Example - Mass Effect 1 uses Securom DRM from everywhere except Steam, while Steam's version only uses Steam DRM.

Some games, if you say buy it at Retail, you can stick w/ the Retail disc DRM - though, they'll give you Steam version as an extra option.
Example - X3: Terran Conflict from Retail DVD uses Tages [even though newest patch removes DRM check]. You can just play it, as is like that.
Also, you have an extra option, if you want to...you can take your Retal game key, register that on Steam, and you'll also have the Steam version.

Here's a list of games that you can register on Steam.
If I was you - I'd bookmark this list; this gets updated often.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']hmmm ok. PM so we can sort this out off thread.[/QUOTE]
I didn't get my promo credits either -- can I PM you?

[quote name='Dzey']If I download/buy from amazon can I use it to Steam? I always buy games from Steam what's the difference?[/QUOTE]

We try to note on the page for the game on Amazon if it uses Steam. Just do a CTRL + F on the page and search for "Steam" 9 times out of 10 you should see something that says "this game requires Steam". If you do then it activates on Steam.

[quote name='MysterD']That really depends from game-to-game.

Some games, they just don't use Steam, period. They might use some other DRM scheme - like Securom or Tages.
Some games, they might require other clients - like say EA Origin or G4WL.

Some games, they just flat-out require Steam, no matter what and no matter what version you buy or where you buy it from.
Example - Dead Island, Fallout: New Vegas, and Half-Life 2 ALL Require Steam.

Some games, there are different versions sold -> where there's a Steam version sold usually THROUGH Steam directly ONLY and Non-Steam Version from others places [which usually use another set of DRM].
Example - Mass Effect 1 uses Securom DRM from everywhere except Steam, while Steam's version only uses Steam DRM.

Some games, if you say buy it at Retail, you can stick w/ the Retail disc DRM - though, they'll give you Steam version as an extra option.
Example - X3: Terran Conflict from Retail DVD uses Tages [even though newest patch removes DRM check]. You can just play it, as is like that.
Also, you have an extra option, if you want to...you can take your Retal game key, register that on Steam, and you'll also have the Steam version.

Here's a list of games that you can register on Steam.
If I was you - I'd bookmark this.
This gets updated often.[/QUOTE]

It is important to note that, while updated often, there are games that don't get on that list but DO activate on Steam...there was discussion earlier in the thread about Magicka.

Cheers,
Tony

Anyone have any recommendations in that list?

I already have Borderlands GOTY, Dead Island, Magicka, Dungeon Defenders, Mount & Blade.

Was thinking about Risen, Dungeons, Arcania 4 and Dungeon Siege 3.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We try to note on the page for the game on Amazon if it uses Steam. Just do a CTRL + F on the page and search for "Steam" 9 times out of 10 you should see something that says "this game requires Steam". If you do then it activates on Steam.

It is important to note that, while updated often, there are games that don't get on that list but DO activate on Steam...there was discussion earlier in the thread about Magicka.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Magicka is on that list.
Look again at that list:
Magicka CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q

For a game NOT on that list that WILL register on Steam just fine...Borderlands: GOTY Edition [from Amazon DL service] registers up fine on Steam. Speaking from experience here.

[quote name='shrike4242']Anyone have any recommendations in that list?

I already have Borderlands GOTY, Dead Island, Magicka, Dungeon Defenders, Mount & Blade.

Was thinking about Risen, Dungeons, Arcania 4 and Dungeon Siege 3.[/QUOTE]

DS3 is decent and worth the $5 price-tag.
Just keep in mind - this is NOT the same DS games as the previous DS games from Gas Powered Games.
DS3 is WAY more action-RPG now, and has WAY-WAY-WAY less focus on parties and strategy...since there are NO MORE parties.
You have one lone companion w/ you in DS3, who you don't control [unlike previous DS games].
Though, this is the best story a DS game has ever seen...even though it's nowhere near the best story ever put forth by Obsidian.

Risen is really good. I think it's Piranha Bytes' best game since the original Gothic game.
If you like HARDCORE RPG's and some of the best immersion you'll find in always in a game w/ the way NPC's are scheduled and always doing things, PB's RPG are always one to watch.

[quote name='MysterD']DS3 is decent and worth the $5 price-tag.
Just keep in mind - this is NOT the same DS games as the previous DS games from Gas Powered Games.
DS3 is WAY more action-RPG now, and has WAY less focus on parties and strategy.
Though, this is the best story a DS game has ever seen...even though it's nowhere near the best story ever put forth by Obsidian.

Risen is really good. I think it's Piranha Bytes' best game since the original Gothic game.
If you like HARDCORE RPG's and some of the best immersion you'll find in always in a game w/ the way NPC's are scheduled and always doing thing, PB's RPG are always one to watch.[/QUOTE]

I almost regret not getting Risen when it was $6 last week but tages scared me off it. That DRM gave my rig Windows errors and BSODs.

[quote name='MysterD']DS3 is decent and worth the $5 price-tag.
DS3 is WAY more action-RPG now, and has WAY less focus on parties and strategy.
Though, this is the best story a DS game has ever seen...even though it's nowhere near the best story ever put forth by Obsidian.[/QUOTE]

Really? I guess I can't really compare the story to the other dungeon siege games, never finished them.. but DS3's story is pretty terrible. Anyone playing it for story will probably be disappointed. The gameplay is decent though.

[quote name='sunghost']Really? I guess I can't really compare the story to the other dungeon siege games, never finished them.. but DS3's story is pretty terrible. Anyone playing it for story will probably be disappointed. The gameplay is decent though.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, DS1's story...well, is not really much there.
DS2 was better, but still...nothing special.
DS2: Broken World was better than DS2 and its premise was actually interesting.

DS3...well, Obsidian's dialogue, characters, and everything is better than anything I've been through w/ previous DS games.

Obsidian's best game is probably Fallout: New Vegas, overall.
And also, NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer is probably as close as we'll get to another Planescape: Torment.

Bah bought Dungeon Siege 3 and even at 5 buckaroos I am already regretting not having tried the demo first (curse you buying impulses!)

I know I've probably haven't given it enough of a chance with barely 2 hours in but the more and more I play it I can't shake the feeling that I'd have a much, much more enjoyable time if I just replayed Titan Quest if I want to play an linear isometric action RPG. The environment, skills, and loot just aren't hitting the right spots for me.

I might play a little more and see if the story hooks me in but so far the whole DS3 experience has been very mediocre.

Game runs amazing though on my ancient 2007/2008 build machine.

[quote name='Pajama_Man']Bah bought Dungeon Siege 3 and even at 5 buckaroos I am already regretting not having tried the demo first (curse you buying impulses!)

I know I've probably haven't given it enough of a chance with barely 2 hours in but the more and more I play it I can't shake the feeling that I'd have a much, much more enjoyable time if I just replayed Titan Quest if I want to play an linear isometric action RPG. The environment, skills, and loot just aren't hitting the right spots for me.

I might play a little more and see if the story hooks me in but so far the whole DS3 experience has been very mediocre.

Game runs amazing though on my ancient 2007/2008 build machine.[/QUOTE]

I bought the game without trying the demo, too.

Despite having poor reviews on Amazon, Dungeon Siege 3 has a metascore of 72. Also keeping in mind that the game costs $4.95 and you instantly get two separate $5 and $9 promo codes emailed to you, and you've got yourself an okay Steam-compatible game for free. If I don't see another Steam-compatible game on the best of 2011 list that I can get for cheap, I'll just trade or sell the promo code. Getting $14 worth of leverage for a $5 game isn't bad.

If you plan on getting one of those best of 2011 downloadable games, there's a few games that are less than 5 bucks like FFXI Ultimate Collection Abyssea Edition and Dungeon Diege 3 and that come with the $5 credit towards one of those downloads and also a $9 credit towards The Kingdom of Amalur. So basically you'd get them for free.

FFXI is an insane deal at that price and it comes with 30 days free. To this day I haven't played anything like FFXI and I doubt I ever will. That game is one of a kind.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']I almost regret not getting Risen when it was $6 last week but tages scared me off it. That DRM gave my rig Windows errors and BSODs.[/QUOTE]

I passed on Risen as well because of the drm. During that sell so many people couldn't activate their game. Turns out the tages activation server went down. While I don't like drm I don't usually have too much of a problem with it but once so many people had trouble with it I just couldn't take the risk of wasting money on it.

I did nab Divinity II though. Nice that the drm was patched out.

[quote name='Pajama_Man']Bah bought Dungeon Siege 3 and even at 5 buckaroos I am already regretting not having tried the demo first (curse you buying impulses!)

Game runs amazing though on my ancient 2007/2008 build machine.[/QUOTE]

Y'know what? Playing the game with a mindset as a brawler is working well for me. I think I'm enjoying it a lot more now that I'm use to the combat (roll, attack, roll, attack, etc). \\:D/

I have a friend who bought 2k12 but Amazon downloader keeps disconnecting. He managed to download it once but the file was corrupted and now he's downloading again though he still gets disconnections. Any clues?

[quote name='Guimengo']I have a friend who bought 2k12 but Amazon downloader keeps disconnecting. He managed to download it once but the file was corrupted and now he's downloading again though he still gets disconnections. Any clues?[/QUOTE]

Get better internet connection

[quote name='Roninalchemist']Is there ANY chance that the Dungeon Siege III deal can trigger Steam's special bundle with Dungeon Siege I and II?[/QUOTE]
Deal's over and no

Damn, I got dungeon defenders, but i thought it was going to be $3 for longer. My friend didn't get a copy. Guess Ill hold off on it till steam puts it on sale. 4 hours ended up passing when i tried the 360 demo. Seems like it would be really great with a few others.

Oh boy I don't think I have to think too much on deciding on MW3 with Back to Karkand coming out tomorrow for BF3 (PC/360). :whistle2:#

Good price though as it's the lowest I've seen yet.

[quote name='Pajama_Man']Oh boy I don't think I have to think too much on deciding on MW3 with Back to Karkand coming out tomorrow for BF3 (PC/360). :whistle2:#

Good price though as it's the lowest I've seen yet.[/QUOTE]

Are you psyched for Back to Karkand?

Cheers,
Tony

@Tony
Still wondering...so, what exactly is your Amazon download PC version's NBA 2K12's DRM...?

@Anybody else who bought the Amazon PC download version of NBA 2K12...
Since you might get to this before Tony, what's the DRM?

[quote name='MysterD']@Tony
Still wondering...so, what exactly is your Amazon download PC version's NBA 2K12's DRM...?

Since you might get to this before Tony, what's the DRM?[/QUOTE]

I don't really know anything about drm but it asks you to put in your serial key and it verified it online. Hope that helps some.

That's not a bad price for MW3 all things considered. If you COULD sell it to me, I'd be on it for that price.

Just dropping a hint though... My hope rhymes with Beige, Quenty Ballers

[quote name='Liveforlaughs76']I don't really know anything about drm but it asks you to put in your serial key and it verified it online. Hope that helps some.[/QUOTE]
That would be DRM, yes.

Digital Rights Management (DRM) forces the user in some way to verify they own the game - whether it's a disc check [if you own disc version], that you have activate the game online to unlock it so you can play iy, or force the player to have an online game account w/ the game company to play the game online.

Often, they impost limits on the user, too - and limit the number of times you can install the game.
Often, they even allow you to revoke a copy so you can get a copy back to your allowed activated count, too.

[quote name='MysterD']That would be DRM, yes.

Digital Rights Management (DRM) forces the user in some way to verify they own the game - whether it's a disc check [if you own disc version], that you have activate the game online to unlock it so you can play iy, or force the player to have an online game account w/ the game company to play the game online.

Often, they impost limits on the user, too - and limit the number of times you can install the game.
Often, they even allow you to revoke a copy so you can get a copy back to your allowed activated count, too.[/QUOTE]

That's why god created cracks!

[quote name='mogamer']That's why god created cracks![/QUOTE]
Yes, we know this. :p

I'd rather things have been officially done by the dev's, though. :p

When we're talking terms of spending money here, I'm more likely to much easily drop (more) money on games that have their have had their DRM removed [see Larian's games, Egosoft's X series of games] or have NO DRM period [The Witcher 2 from GOG, POP 2008].

If you are wonder if you sohuld get acr i say yes !!
Multi is much better than acb campaign is also fun with those tower defenses

I am also awaiting an answer for what DRM NBA2k12 is.

It bums me out to hear it doesn't activate in Steam (since I almost exclusively buy my PC games through that anymore), but if the DRM isn't too bad, I might pick it up should I find myself in need of a basketball game fix.

[quote name='MysterD']@Tony

Since you might get to this before Tony, what's the DRM?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MysterD']That would be DRM, yes.

Often, they even allow you to revoke a copy so you can get a copy back to your allowed activated count, too.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MysterD']Yes, we know this. :p

I'd rather things have been officially done by the dev's, though. :p

When we're talking terms of spending money here, I'm more likely to much easily drop (more) money on games that have their have had their DRM removed [see Larian's games, Egosoft's X series of games] or have NO DRM period [The Witcher 2 from GOG, POP 2008].[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jeffispiked']I am also awaiting an answer for what DRM NBA2k12 is.

It bums me out to hear it doesn't activate in Steam (since I almost exclusively buy my PC games through that anymore), but if the DRM isn't too bad, I might pick it up should I find myself in need of a basketball game fix.[/QUOTE]

Hey guys,

Just got an answer on this. Securom is the DRM solution for our version of NBA2k12.

As a reminder:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...200205020_multcomp?nodeId=200205020&#multiple
How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Sorry for the delay!

Cheers,
Tony

Wow the AC PC (other than Rev) deals are TERRIBLE. you can buy NEW physical copies from secondary sellers for little less than half that price!

Thanks for the info on (Securom) DRM behind NBA 2K12.
It really is much appreciated.

And I forgot about your Customer Support Dept will supply users extra keys, if we run out of installs. Do we have to explain the reasoning why we run out of installs and all of that? I'd have NO problem w/ that.

You know, that's a REALLY good way to do business and keep customers happy. :)

[quote name='MysterD']Thanks for the info on (Securom) DRM behind NBA 2K12.
It really is much appreciated.

And I forgot about your Customer Support Dept will supply users extra keys, if we run out of installs. Do we have to explain the reasoning why we run out of installs and all of that? I'd have NO problem w/ that.

You know, that's a REALLY good way to do business and keep customers happy. :)[/QUOTE]

No worries, sorry it took so long. I figured you'd forgotten about the install policy. I have no idea what the process for getting more installs is though, sorry, our CS is pretty awesome though so I imagine it isn't too painful.

Cheers,
Tony

Oh man, today is looking good. Just Cause 2 for 2.50 is a no brainer, activates on Steam.

Would people recommend Guardian of Light, even if I'm only gonna play solo? Also, what about Stranger's Wrath? Has it held up against time? Are we going to see an update to those high res textures I'd heard about?

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Oh man, today is looking good. Just Cause 2 for 2.50 is a no brainer, activates on Steam.

Would people recommend Guardian of Light, even if I'm only gonna play solo? Also, what about Stranger's Wrath? Has it held up against time? Are we going to see an update to those high res textures I'd heard about?[/QUOTE]

Guardian of Light is worth anything below $5 for solo play and worth the full asking price with co-op. I highly recommend getting a friend ( or even gifting a copy ) to someone because the game is much much much more fun in co-op.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back