Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
A LITTLE late here, but I have a question about the $10 credit I received for pre-ordering the MW3 download. It is a code that I have to enter on check-out. If I don't use it all at once does the portion that I don't use just disappear?

I'd like to pick up a cheap game, but I'm worried I'll lose the rest of my credit if I don't use it all at once. I've read the terms that the email with the code in it links to, but it doesn't seem to say anything about this.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']The first one, several hours from now. I'm on the East Coast right now so I had to do the mental math.[/QUOTE]

Okay, thanks for letting me know.

[quote name='windwakr']A LITTLE late here, but I have a question about the $10 credit I received for pre-ordering the MW3 download. It is a code that I have to enter on check-out. If I don't use it all at once does the portion that I don't use just disappear?

I'd like to pick up a cheap game, but I'm worried I'll lose the rest of my credit if I don't use it all at once. I've read the terms that the email with the code in it links to, but it doesn't seem to say anything about this.[/QUOTE]

You don't have to use them all at once. If you run into an issue PM me.

[quote name='Rosterking']I wasted one whole hour trying to get my Dualshock Controller to work with Steam with no luck. :/[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, what game were you trying to play with your Dual Shock?

Did you see this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojb5Ry9I-oQ

Is it applicable? If not let me know and I'll do some more research for you.

Cheers,
T-Money

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We'll be putting Dungeon Defenders on sale tomorrow but it will be at $2.99 for tomorrow only. As of right now the $1.99 price point was a 1 time deal. If this changes I'll let you guys know!

Cheers,
T-Money[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up. :)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Not to quibble here but you know we had 3 days of THQ-specific sales and 1 day of UBi specific sales right?

During these sales I posted, in large capital letters, that the headline deals ($30 Saint's Row, $20 Retribution II Complete, and $20 Warhammer: Spacemarine) would be 1 day only.

Additionally we've been running 2K deals for the past 3 days that are anything but "re-hashes" we're currently at the lowest price ever for Civ V GOTY and Borderlands GOTY.

*Edit* and 3 days of Deus Ex at $9.99...

We'll be putting Dungeon Defenders on sale tomorrow but it will be at $2.99 for tomorrow only. As of right now the $1.99 price point was a 1 time deal. If this changes I'll let you guys know!

Cheers,
T-Money[/QUOTE]

Preach it brotha man :p

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Not to quibble here but you know we had 3 days of THQ-specific sales and 1 day of UBi specific sales right?

During these sales I posted, in large capital letters, that the headline deals ($30 Saint's Row, $20 Retribution II Complete, and $20 Warhammer: Spacemarine) would be 1 day only.

Additionally we've been running 2K deals for the past 3 days that are anything but "re-hashes" we're currently at the lowest price ever for Civ V GOTY and Borderlands GOTY.

*Edit* and 3 days of Deus Ex at $9.99...

We'll be putting Dungeon Defenders on sale tomorrow but it will be at $2.99 for tomorrow only. As of right now the $1.99 price point was a 1 time deal. If this changes I'll let you guys know!

Cheers,
T-Money[/QUOTE]

T-Money, you are so AWESOME :applause:

btw, could you reveal more game sale info for tomorrow? Just wanna be prepared :)

[quote name='Metroidman']Any hope for Deus Ex for 9.99 again? I wanted that game so badly and I missed the deal[/QUOTE]
How did that happen? It was up for the greater part of the week.

[quote name='Goatbuster']How did that happen? It was up for the greater part of the week.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't in town and didn't find out about the deals till Today :(

[quote name='Soul0Reaper']I love how your beating steam on some of the sales :D Keep it up. Some great deals here
Wish you'd had paypal as a payment option though :/[/QUOTE]

why don't you just buy a gift card at your local pharmacy/convenience/grocery store, that's what I always do when I don't want to use a credit or debit card

T-money you are the man. Wanted to thank you for the great deals and help you've provided in this thread. Any plans for a summer sale like steam?

[quote name='msdmoney']This isn't even close to a bait and switch. Buy a game at the price you feel comfortable with, knowing that it could go lower at any point in the future.[/QUOTE]

2 days later is not "knowing it could go lower." That's a bait and switch. If it was ever going to be one price it should have been at the lowest price possible. It just shows that there was clearly room for extra the first time it went on sale.

You don't see people running sales and then coming back two days later and going oh wait that's on sale again for even lower. Places that do that allow you to price match and get refunds. See: nearly every major retailer in existence. Amazon itself even works somewhat like that with preorders and I'm sure you're all aware of the whole matching lowest price before it comes out. I get that there's some system involved that doesn't allow them to do that with digital orders but I'd suggest that that needs to be looked into and improved upon.

I'm happy with the price I paid but it's still completely valid to complain about it. I'm not going to not complain about it and pretend like it's some magical thing. Good sale but it IS a bait and switch when the pricedrops are THAT close together from the same retailer.

Actually, that's not bait and switch at all. Bait and switch involves luring a customer into a store with an extremely low priced item (bait). Then when they arrive, they're informed that the item is no longer available and encouraged to purchase a higher priced but similar item (switch).

People seem to use the term all the time but really not aware of what it is.

There can be more than one usage of a phrase, thanks for the snark. It sure is a good thing that phrases can actually have more than one meaning.

Eggman, you surely understand the nature of price-matching, right? They put it out there at a price they were comfortable with and that they thought would entice shoppers. A couple days later someone offers it for a little less and they match it.

You should be thanking them for matching prices - it puts a lot of pressure on the market and it results in cheaper games for us all. How would we feel if Amazon refused to match/beat a price just because they'd sold it at a higher retail recently? That doesn't even make any sense. The nature of making purchases at deep discounts is that it's possible it might go even lower. They weren't being deceptive - just responding to the market. Just be happy with the deal you negotiated and better luck next time.

Anyhow, Tony, I'm sure the feedback you're getting about "copying Steam" is, of course, due to the extensive price-matching. Not everyone follows every deal and reads that closely. Don't let it get you down.

Just a little note to say thanks for the price matching, I picked up Sonic Generations through Amazon instead of Steam, just because it was a bit easier (I don't let Steam save my CC details so I have to type them in every time) and as a way to support all of Tony's efforts here. :)

Hey thanks for the kind words everyone! Bumpdated the thread, prices are all live except Cryostasis, which should be live soon...I must be feeding the hamsters better this week :)

Cheers,
T-Money

Bummed about Divinity II not activating on Steam. I know it's a great price, but Steam so conveniently stores all of my games for easy download and launch, and it has gameplay tracking, achievements, and voice/chat support. =\

$1.99 amazon Trine vs. $3.39 steam Trine...we still waiting on word if amazon's registers on steam? I got my finger hovering over the "Buy and download" button...

[quote name='GUNNM']ME 3 for $1.99? you feel me?[/QUOTE]

lol.

[quote name='GUNNM']glad I didn't wait on bulletstorm it went up in price[/QUOTE]

Must not have fed the hamsters too great...price lift was a system hiccup, we're back at the previous price point.

[quote name='Blade']Bummed about Divinity II not activating on Steam. I know it's a great price, but Steam so conveniently stores all of my games for easy download and launch, and it has gameplay tracking, achievements, and voice/chat support. =\[/QUOTE]

I'm not the ultimate authority here but I believe (at least from what I've noticed, you still get most of those benefits. I know you don't get Gameplay tracking, or achievements, but i do know that you can launch from Steam when you "add a non steam game".

Cheers,
T-Money

[quote name='humidore']$1.99 amazon Trine vs. $3.39 steam Trine...we still waiting on word if amazon's registers on steam? I got my finger hovering over the "Buy and download" button...[/QUOTE]

I can confirm for a fact that it is not Steam and after just purchasing it as a test myself, I can confirm it is DRM free...I have no key in my games and software library.

Cheers,
T-Money

Heads-up for those buying Magicka Collection - it does not contain all of the available DLC (though it does contain most!) and the DLC is not linked on the store page. Check out the Magicka page http://www.amazon.com/Paradox-Inter...Magicka-Download/dp/B004JN176K/ref=pd_cp_vg_4 for links to all of the DLC. Of note: The Stars Are Left, which continues the campaign and more. You'll also want this DLC for the Steam Holiday Sale game achievement.

Magicka requires Steam.

[quote name='humidore']$1.99 amazon Trine vs. $3.39 steam Trine...we still waiting on word if amazon's registers on steam? I got my finger hovering over the "Buy and download" button...[/QUOTE]

Chances are it doesn't, the fact that it has no key means it's supposed to be DRM free, not that something's wrong with how the purchased is being processed.

[quote name='hal']Heads-up for those buying Magicka Collection - it does not contain all of the available DLC (though it does contain most!) and the DLC is not linked on the store page. Check out the Magicka page http://www.amazon.com/Paradox-Inter...Magicka-Download/dp/B004JN176K/ref=pd_cp_vg_4 for links to all of the DLC. Of note: The Stars Are Left, which continues the campaign and more. You'll also want this DLC for the Steam Holiday Sale game achievement.

Magicka requires Steam.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the summary adding this under my own on the OP.

Just wanted to say thanks to CAG for introducing me to the Amazon PC downloads page and their amazing deals, and especially thanks to Amazon itself for providing so many awesome PC games for prices that have been beating Steam. Don't get me wrong, I've been purchasing games on sale through Steam as well, but now I always check Amazon first to see what their price is and weighing whether the game's holiday achievement is worth the extra money on Steam or if I should just save my money and grab it on Amazon. I've purchased a lot more games on Amazon over Steam than I would have thought I were, the service is just awesome. I also don't see any limits on downloading yet, so if Amazon's service matches the DRM-free goodness of GOG that would be awesome. Thanks again all involved in introducing me to this wonderful service, I think I've purchased almost 20 games now with my Amazon gift cards. :)

[quote name='Fatdude']Anyone knows if Cyrotasis and Arcania games like Gothic 4 register at steam?[/QUOTE]

I just purchased Cryostasis and can confirm it does not, can't say for Arcania although I recommend visiting the Steam page linked in the OP with a list of games able to be registered through Steam with their CD Key.

I'd like to know if Gothic 4 activates on Steam as well. Tried searching the net and couldn't find a definitive answer. It beats the Steam price that's for sure.

[quote name='Fatdude']Anyone knows if Cyrotasis and Arcania games like Gothic 4 register at steam?[/QUOTE]

We don't distribute keys for these games so I believe they are DRM free.

Cheers.
T-Money

[quote name='Xellos2099']ok in short, i will want BOTH the magicka collection AND The Stars Are Left for the steam winter achievement?[/QUOTE]

You don't have to have The Stars are Left for the winter achievement (though you should get it anyways :)). I did the winter achievement on the Glade survival map no problem, just keep using AOE water (Shift + QQQQ) to get enemies wet, then freeze them (Shift + RRRR) and then kill them. Then die and repeat. Took me maybe 10 minutes.

[quote name='oscargrouch']I'm done! You can't have any more of my money! Its over T-Money!

Oh the price on Cities XL 2012 is really good. Arrrrrghhh! Foiled again![/QUOTE]

Posts like this make it worth staying up until 1AM to update the OP :)

Cheers,
T-Money

Update:

Title and OP are updated with most relevant pricing. We've added Two Worlds Epic Edition for $3.99 through the rest of today.

Cheers,
Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Xellos2099']ok in short, i will want BOTH the magicka collection AND The Stars Are Left for the steam winter achievement?[/QUOTE]

The Stars Are Left isn't necessary for the winter achievement, but it does make it much easier - and it continues the campaign so, arguably, it's one of the most essential pieces of DLC.

Anyone know the DRM on Two Worlds? I am seeing mixed things on the forums but it seems like at least at one point it had some form of activation with a 3 install limit. I know Amazon has policies to protect consumers in regards to this but I don't really like support developers that do it. I am fine if they reset themselves after so long but total activation limits are insane.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']How does Tropico 4 compare to Tropico 3? Better? Worse? Same? Worth getting since I already have Tropico 3[/QUOTE]

It's an improvement on Tropico 3 but not worth full retail price. I always though of it as stand-alone expansion. At $5 it's pretty much a no brainer.

Word of warning though, Amazon's download is not Steamable and you will have to hunt down for DLCs since Steam-powered DLCs would not be compatible. This and you lose achievements, cloud saves and other benefits of Steam game.
So if you don't really care about Steam or DLCs, buy it now, otherwise wait a bit as Steam would most probably match this price by early Spring.

[quote name='vocoder']I've bought Borderlands GOTY and when I redeemed the code on Steam I got vanilla version of it.

Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]Are you saying that because it doesn't say GOTY or did you actually check? You need to view the properties/DLC to see if you have the DLC registered...GOTY games rarely have a "GOTY" entry, they simply mean you get the DLC too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back