Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
So just to answer the question. Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 does activate on Origin if you buy it from Amazon. So I would guess other C&C games would do the same if purchased from Amazon.

Bulletstorm is a GFWL game.You need to use Marketplace to register it.

I hope we will get a quick last second price match on cargo quest for gravity.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']My bulletstorm I got from steam would not register on origin. Wtf[/QUOTE]
Bulletstorm requires G4WL.

A while back, I contacted EA Origin customer support about getting Bulletstorm [from Amazon DL] activated onto Origin - and they tried to get it activated onto Origin, but couldn't.
The gamekeys for Origin and G4WL are MUCH different in format and whatnot.

[quote name='flashburn']Wishful thinking, but I was really hoping that these codes would activate now, while the prices are discounted.[/QUOTE]

I think the "Best Sellers of 2011" will be on sale, as Tony already hinted that BF3 will be $25 tomorrow ($30 - $5(coupon))
Here's a list of the best sellers: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_359496522_1?ie=UTF8&docId=1000728511&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=03JJHK6HP2VKBCTAHXTJ&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_p=1341538782&pf_rd_i=1000746611

Hopefully, more games will also be on sale, even if the coupons don't apply

Just tried to buy Crysis 2 and my coupon wasn't accepted. I'm guessing they're running on PST, so I'll have to try after 3 am EST here. (1:56 am now.)

Thanks, was just about to ask that. Guess I'll hover around for another couple of hours. Hoping I can get another crack at Dead Island for around $15ish with a coupon applied.

I tried a couple of my coupons and it seems like they were invalidated for it, because I get "code was already used" when trying now... Pretty sure the coupon wouldn't have scored epic deals anyway.

[quote name='MrWhitey']Hmm Dead Island was 13 Bucks before, i had saved amount of money for it, oh well :/[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I gambled and lost on that one. I was dumb enough to think Steam would hit the 66% off price point after having posted it at 50% off before the Holiday Sale began.

[quote name='Mooby']Yeah, I gambled and lost on that one. I was dumb enough to think Steam would hit the 66% off price point after having posted it at 50% off before the Holiday Sale began.[/QUOTE]
Same. Figured that glitch price of $10 would be the daily deal price. Kicking myself now.

[quote name='awing']Anybody else like me still on the fence about buying Dragon Age 2 for $6?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I am. I still haven't beat the first (but I am very close). Also I am sure there will be an Ultimate Edition announced the day after I buy the regular edition.

[quote name='awing']Anybody else like me still on the fence about buying Dragon Age 2 for $6?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, can't decide if I should buy it now for $6 or rent it for 360. User reviews of the PC version make it sound terrible, but I actually think I might prefer a "dumbed down" action-RPG. It's weird that I'm considering this game since I found the original Dragon Age overly long and boring.

I'm also considering Crysis 2 at this price, but again, the console version is tempting since I could just rent it and my comp probably can't run it on 1080p.

[quote name='slugboss']I tried a couple of my coupons and it seems like they were invalidated for it, because I get "code was already used" when trying now... Pretty sure the coupon wouldn't have scored epic deals anyway.[/QUOTE]

I just try to use a code and at first it says i cant use the coupon in that game and now i get the error "code was already used". I think the system are invalidating the coupons even if you get a error and dont buy.

[quote name='bshirk']Yeah, can't decide if I should buy it now for $6 or rent it for 360. User reviews of the PC version make it sound terrible, but I actually think I might prefer a "dumbed down" action-RPG. It's weird that I'm considering this game since I found the original Dragon Age overly long and boring.

I'm also considering Crysis 2 at this price, but again, the console version is tempting since I could just rent it and my comp probably can't run it on 1080p.[/QUOTE]

That is a good price for Crysis 2. I got it for $10 for the 360 when Best Buy had it for their DotD. Figured my 360 has a better chance of running it than my laptop.

[quote name='bareacalero']I just try to use a code and at first it says i cant use the coupon in that game and now i get the error "code was already used". I think the system are invalidating the coupons even if you get a error and dont buy.[/QUOTE]

Did any of you attempt to check the balance of your various credits? You can go to any streaming movie or any downloadable mp3 and click view balances to see. Typically when you enter credits/codes on amazon they are stored on your account and the code is invalidated because it is sitting in your account. It still may work when they activate them all.

So the prices on most of the Bestsellers of 2011 just skyrocketed. Not a good sign for getting any last minute steals...

So much for picking up a few copies of Shogun 2 for $2.50 and giving them to friends for free. Well played Amazon. In the end, your promotional codes were about as valuable as Valve's coupons.

[quote name='Mooby']Hah, if it's just $5 off the base price of most of these I won't be using them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got about 7 worthless coupons...well, Battlefield 3 is supposed to be dropping to $30. Maaaaaybe something else will too...?

[quote name='admurray2']So the prices on most of the Bestsellers of 2011 just skyrocketed. Not a good sign for getting any last minute steals...[/QUOTE]Yep. I refreshed my cart and Crysis 2 is now $39.97 AND it's saying my coupon has been used. Lovely. I'm backlogged to death, so if I have to wait for C2 to drop to $10 again, I'm cool with it, but burning coupons like that is pretty lame.

EDIT: Just refreshed the Top-Selling Games page and prices have at least DOUBLED and some have QUADRUPLED from an hour ago. If you were hoping to stack a $5 coupon on a sale price, you are SOL. It would've been better if they'd kept the coupon and just lowered the prices. No one who jumped on the previous deals is going to come back and waaaaay overpay with a $5 off coupon.

[quote name='admurray2']Yeah, I am. I still haven't beat the first (but I am very close). Also I am sure there will be an Ultimate Edition announced the day after I buy the regular edition.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bshirk']Yeah, can't decide if I should buy it now for $6 or rent it for 360. User reviews of the PC version make it sound terrible, but I actually think I might prefer a "dumbed down" action-RPG. It's weird that I'm considering this game since I found the original Dragon Age overly long and boring.

I'm also considering Crysis 2 at this price, but again, the console version is tempting since I could just rent it and my comp probably can't run it on 1080p.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh What the heck, I just caved in and bought it after I saw Crysis 2 and BF:BC2 prices rise up in a matter of minutes while contemplating on buying DA2...Really liked DA:O but was really angry DA2 PC became a console port. I guess the $6 plus coupon made me change my mind... hoping this would be the absolute lowest price and not drop to $2.49 like Just Cause 2...

Just do it. I finally decided to start on the 1st one, but 6 bucks is cheap enough.

[quote name='SCMoney360']Just do it. I finally decided to start on the 1st one, but 6 bucks is cheap enough.[/QUOTE]

My decision has been made for me...it's up to $19.99.

Coupons must be active now, because the prices all just jumped. :p Aaaaaand with that, I'm going to bed. Happy 2012 everyone!

How can Amazon do this? It's like bait and switch. I was watching the price of Hot Pursuit. It was $9.99 for the longest time, and now it's jumped to $30. Was planning to use the $5 promotional code, but obviously it makes zero sense.

What a big scam by Amazon. Tricking us into thinking we were getting something extra. Turns out those codes are totally worthless.

[quote name='Anthony1']How can Amazon do this? It's like bait and switch. I was watching the price of Hot Pursuit. It was $9.99 for the longest time, and now it's jumped to $30. Was planning to use the $5 promotional code, but obviously it makes zero sense.

What a big scam by Amazon. Tricking us into thinking we were getting something extra. Turns out those codes are totally worthless.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't go so far as to call it a scam. Besides, they were giving us some pretty crazy deals all week long. If I got a couple crappy coupons along with those deals, who cares? In the back of my head I figured this would happen anyways so no big loss.

Anyways, thanks for all the great deals this (last) year, Tony!

What is going on here?

wbf4om.jpg

I don't understand at all how people DIDN'T expect the prices to go up on January 1st. To me it was incredibly obvious they would go back up to normal prices. Why else do you think they had it only valid starting on January 1st instead of December?

[quote name='ChestyMan']I don't understand at all how people DIDN'T expect the prices to go up on January 1st. To me it was incredibly obvious they would go back up to normal prices. Why else do you think they had it only valid starting on January 1st instead of December?[/QUOTE]

Because it isn't obvious that the coupons would be worthless. If you told a customer a week ago the coupons would only be off the base price, would anyone have delayed their purchase until today so they could use a coupon? Hell, would people have chosen to support Amazon in the first place on its price-matches?

It is nothing but flimflam. The coupons in fact made people make worse decisions, as holding out to so you could use a coupon is far, far more expensive than just buying the game during the promotion. That is deplorable.

[quote name='ChestyMan']I don't understand at all how people DIDN'T expect the prices to go up on January 1st. To me it was incredibly obvious they would go back up to normal prices. Why else do you think they had it only valid starting on January 1st instead of December?[/QUOTE]

this

[quote name='Ceron']Because it isn't obvious that the coupons would be worthless. If you told a customer a week ago the coupons would only be off the base price, would anyone have delayed their purchase until today so they could use a coupon? Hell, would people have chosen to support Amazon in the first place on its price-matches?

It is nothing but flimflam. The coupons in fact made people make worse decisions, as holding out to so you could use a coupon is far, far more expensive than just buying the game during the promotion. That is deplorable.[/QUOTE]

It was pretty obvious to me that a. they weren't going to keep the incredibly low prices AND let you use the $5 coupon (for examble they weren't going to give me Dragon Age 2 for free) and b. if something was a really good deal during the sale I should buy it. All that being said, throughout the last couple of weeks, the price at midnight hasn't necessarily ended up being the final price, so I'll be checking in the morning. If anything's a good enough deal with the $5 off I'll buy it. If not, everything I bought that got me a coupon i bought because it was a great deal even without the coupon, so I have no problems.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']My bulletstorm I got from steam would not register on origin. Wtf[/QUOTE]

That is right

You have to contact Origin's Help to do this and it went well with me, in fact very well that my copy is now LE :applause:

[quote name='MysterD']Bulletstorm requires G4WL.

A while back, I contacted EA Origin customer support about getting Bulletstorm [from Amazon DL] activated onto Origin - and they tried to get it activated onto Origin, but couldn't.
The gamekeys for Origin and G4WL are MUCH different in format and whatnot.[/QUOTE]

It also happened the first time with a friend, but second time the rep asked him for a proof of purchase and he gave them a screenshot of Amazon's email. My friend also got the LE

I prefer Steam over Origin but I must say, Origin's support is way, way better that Steam's

As for the 5$ promo :

I expected Amazon to raise the prices on the best sellers of 2011 but I bet they will still price match deals from other etailers, right Tony ? ;)

I also tried to apply 3 codes before and they all didn't apply and then appeared as already used ! we need a clarification on that

Happy New Year to all of you

Anyone who expected to get crazy deals withthese coupons and free games obviously weren't reading between the lines. It's possible we may see something worthwhile that stacks with it but my expectation from day one was they were worthless. I thought it was funny over the last month how excited people were from getting them and thinking they scored some crazy deal.

[quote name='pROvIs']Anyone who expected to get crazy deals withthese coupons and free games obviously weren't reading between the lines. It's possible we may see something worthwhile that stacks with it but my expectation from day one was they were worthless. I thought it was funny over the last month how excited people were from getting them and thinking they scored some crazy deal.[/QUOTE]

ya.. some idiot over slickdeals was telling everyone to buy the 0.37 cent DLC to get a bunch of $5 off coupons and net $4.63 per transaction. :lol:

[quote name='Ceron']Because it isn't obvious that the coupons would be worthless. [/QUOTE]

To me it was, just like it was obvious that the Steam Gift Pile coupons weren't really worth much. Again, why do you think they made the validity of the discount start in January instead of during December?

I ask you this: if the coupons are worthless, and Amazon knew they were worthless, why give them to me, if not to try to mislead me? There's a big difference between, "They raised the prices a bit, so the coupons allowed me to buy a game for around the best daily deal" and "Great, I have a coupon and I still get to pay practically full price. Great promotion."

I'd also like to point out that Amazon didn't do a blanket reversion of all sale prices. They specifically made the bestsellers full price. Case in point? Civilization 5. You can currently buy the GOTY edition for the same $16.98 it's been for a few days. The base game only? Full price of $30.

[quote name='Ceron']I ask you this: if the coupons are worthless, and Amazon knew they were worthless, why give them to me, if not to try to mislead me? [/QUOTE]

Because they aren't worthless? You can still use them you know, just not with the holiday sales prices

Not sure why people thought Amazon would be giving away games at 90-95% off; I realistically knew the prices would go up.

Anyways, I love the deals you gave us Tony! I swear I saw you on King5 in the Space Needle holding a "Hi CAGs" sign :D

Thanks Tony!
P.S. - still looking forward to seeing Risen coming back soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back