Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would Amazon still Price Match those games with other sites during January ?

If they do (as always) then the coupons will be very good

If they don't, then the whole 5$ promo is a scam :cry:

I still trust Amazon with this though

They're worthless because they provided an illusory choice. In hindsight, waiting to exercise a coupon is an objectively worse decision. You not only pay more, you pay quite a bit more than if you had just purchased the game on a daily sale. In hindsight, if you feel waiting to use a coupon is better than just purchasing it on a daily deal, I've got some wonderful ocean-front property in Nevada to sell you.

How did Amazon including the coupons enhance your shopping experience? Let me ask a different question: does anyone regret purchasing a game on a daily deal because they would rather have waited to purchase it now with a coupon? Anyone at all?

If they misled a single person with the coupons, it is a bad promotion. And even if it doesn't personally affect you, I guarantee it misled many people.

[quote name='Ceron']They're worthless because they provided an illusory choice. In hindsight, waiting to exercise a coupon is an objectively worse decision. You not only pay more, you pay quite a bit more than if you had just purchased the game on a daily sale. In hindsight, if you feel waiting to use a coupon is better than just purchasing it on a daily deal, I've got some wonderful ocean-front property in Nevada to sell you.

How did Amazon including the coupons enhance your shopping experience? Let me ask a different question: does anyone regret purchasing a game on a daily deal because they would rather have waited to purchase it now with a coupon? Anyone at all?

If they misled a single person with the coupons, it is a bad promotion. And even if it doesn't personally affect you, I guarantee it misled many people.[/QUOTE]

TL;DR? He got owned. ;)

Love you T-Money!

[quote name='Ceron']They're worthless because they provided an illusory choice. In hindsight, waiting to exercise a coupon is an objectively worse decision. You not only pay more, you pay quite a bit more than if you had just purchased the game on a daily sale. In hindsight, if you feel waiting to use a coupon is better than just purchasing it on a daily deal, I've got some wonderful ocean-front property in Nevada to sell you.

If they misled a single person with the coupons, it is a bad promotion. And even if it doesn't personally affect you, I guarantee it misled many people.[/QUOTE]

I never did think waiting to use a coupon was a better deal than purchasing it for the daily deal, because as I've said several times already, it was OBVIOUS that the sales prices were going to change. I bought the daily deals. Did amazon say that these same prices you saw in December were going to be the same in January? Did they say Total War was going to be $7.50 in January and you would have a chance to buy them for $2.50? How did they mislead you?

The funny thing is, I actually purchased everything I wanted this Christmas. The only thing I regret was not buying the Civ bundle, but that had to do with the coupons. I wasn't sure at the time if I wanted it. What bothers me is that I thought Amazon was above pulling something like this. Between this and the Valve coupons, Christmas 2011 is easily the worst holiday I've seen in terms of digital distributors being fair and transparent.

[quote name='Ceron']What bothers me is that I thought Amazon was above pulling something like this.[/QUOTE]

What did they pull? You're acting like this was some false advertising

[quote name='animalspinners']Thanks!

And the coupon code definitely works, just grabbed it for $24.99.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but I did read the thread. What coupon code?

It's not so much false advertising so much as it is a bad business decision. Now you have a bunch of people who waited to use the coupons that are going to end up passing on games entirely now instead of completing the initial sale in the first place, and both sides lose.

I highly doubt that this strategy is going to be less profitable than if they did it when things were 66-80% off already. I'm confident amazon's business will be perfectly fine

[quote name='ginwen']It was pretty obvious to me that a. they weren't going to keep the incredibly low prices AND let you use the $5 coupon (for examble they weren't going to give me Dragon Age 2 for free) and b. if something was a really good deal during the sale I should buy it. All that being said, throughout the last couple of weeks, the price at midnight hasn't necessarily ended up being the final price, so I'll be checking in the morning. If anything's a good enough deal with the $5 off I'll buy it. If not, everything I bought that got me a coupon i bought because it was a great deal even without the coupon, so I have no problems.[/QUOTE]

^ This.

The deals Amazon ran were magnificent. They got more of my money this holiday season than any other game retailer on the web. Usually, I hit the Steam sale up and ignore the rest but this year I spent more at Amazon than I did anywhere else.

I just wish I hadn't missed out on the Pay Day: The Heist sale.

[quote name='ChestyMan']I highly doubt that this strategy is going to be less profitable than if they did it when things were 66-80% off already. I'm confident amazon's business will be perfectly fine[/QUOTE]

At least they can adjust the prices during January, so that with the 5$ codes the games comes down to the lowest prices of daily sales ;)

Lol, I wan't to use my promo code, but Amazon's sytem says that "It has allready been used" even through I never used it...GG.

[quote name='miqspot']$12.50 for those two games + dlc and expansion pack is an awesome deal. While DA2 isn't nearly as good as its predecessor it's still a good game.[/QUOTE]

Of course it is a great deal but I already bought DA2 from Amazon and only want DA Origins Ultimate

Imagine it for 7.5$ - 5$ Off = 2.5$ :lol:

[quote name='miqspot']$12.50 for those two games + dlc and expansion pack is an awesome deal. While DA2 isn't nearly as good as its predecessor it's still a good game.[/QUOTE]
^^^ THIS.

DA:O + Awakening took me over 130 hours to finish. AMAZING Game.
I have Ultimate Edition - ain't touched DLC yet.

DA2 took me around 30-40 hours, if I recall...

$12.50 for even just ONE of those games is a GREAT deal.
$12.50 for BOTH DA:O Ultimate & DA2 is a bloody STEAL.

[quote name='MysterD']^^^ THIS.

DA:O + Awakening took me over 130 hours to finish. AMAZING Game.
I have Ultimate Edition - ain't touched DLC yet.

DA2 took me around 30-40 hours, if I recall...

$12.50 for even just ONE of those games is a GREAT deal.
$12.50 for BOTH DA:O Ultimate & DA2 is a bloody STEAL.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree but the thing is, why make it a bundle ? just to avoid honoring the promo ?!

Want to know why everyone thought we were going to get some great deals and cheap games with this $5 credit? Because T-Money said awhile back, "I can't wait for you guys to see what's in store for New Year's."

Now I'm not bashing Tony or Amazon, I'm fairly confident Amazon has something up their sleeve because really, in all honesty, $5 off a full priced game that is not stackable isn't much at all, and they seemed to make a big deal of out of coupons on their site.

Just saying that's why everyone expected more.

Any chance we're going to see a deal on Saints Row The Third any time soon? I missed all of the killer deals floating around about a week ago.

[quote name='Psybuster']It's not so much false advertising so much as it is a bad business decision. Now you have a bunch of people who waited to use the coupons that are going to end up passing on games entirely now instead of completing the initial sale in the first place, and both sides lose.[/QUOTE]

How is this any different then other retailers? They all have crazy deals in December to get you dollars when it's competitive and they sell a ton of gift cards. In January when there isn't as much new money coming in the deals slow down drastically and all those people with gift cards pay full price. It's just how retail works.

Again anyone who didn't read between the lines in this promo really needs to start scrubbing gullable off their ceiling and start eating some super iq building foods. It was very clear from the very beginning these would have limit function.

I am very glad to see BF3 though. We may be seeing some great deals that stack like it through the month.

[quote name='zazzer']Want to know why everyone thought we were going to get some great deals and cheap games with this $5 credit? Because T-Money said awhile back, "I can't wait for you guys to see what's in store for New Year's."

Now I'm not bashing Tony or Amazon, I'm fairly confident Amazon has something up their sleeve because really, in all honesty, $5 off a full priced game that is not stackable isn't much at all, and they seemed to make a big deal of out of coupons on their site.

Just saying that's why everyone expected more.[/QUOTE]
^^^ This, honestly I thought it was going to be pretty good cheap games, but for now, this is not worth it; well for me anyways.

[quote name='Rosterking']^^^ This, honestly I thought it was going to be pretty good cheap games, but for now, this is not worth it; well for me anyways.[/QUOTE]

Same here i would have probably dropped another 25-30 dollars to use the coupons. O well.

I'm not bashing, i'm very happy with the sale. Just disappointed.

[quote name='zazzer']Want to know why everyone thought we were going to get some great deals and cheap games with this $5 credit? Because T-Money said awhile back, "I can't wait for you guys to see what's in store for New Year's."

He is a marketing manager and trying to create buzz. It's your job to decipher it, just like any sale. Do you get excited every time someone says something like next week will be great? Do you expect them to give you a cookie every time they say so? It's just an expression and the guy is trying to build customer loyalty.

The coupons were just a to get people to buy from there as a tiebreaker. That was there way of giving up something with little cost to them but would convince someone to buy on amazon when prices were similar rather than other retailers.

It's no different then how all these sites mentally tick people with free gift cards with purchase. Upon purchase of the original item they are willing to pay close to full price because they get a gift card. That is fine and great but what I see way to often after is they go and buy another full priced game with the gift card and act like they got a good deal on it.

Are you fuck kidding me?

No one expected more, jackasses expected more

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1341821982&pf_rd_i=979455011

There you go, Battlefield for half off, Dragon Age complete bundle for 12, and EA bundle for 90. Those are deals. Those are New Year's day sales.

It's been said numerous times in this thread that the coupons were probably going to work so that when the games went back up they take 5 off of that.

It pisses me off that we have someone like Tony here that interacts with this community and matches prices left and right and now people are going to expect holiday sales each and every day and blame him when it doesn't happen.

[quote name='jaysonguy']are you fuck kidding me?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1341821982&pf_rd_i=979455011

there you go, battlefield for half off, dragon age complete bundle for 12, and ea bundle for 90. Those are deals. Those are new year's day sales.

It's been said numerous times in this thread that the coupons were probably going to work so that when the games went back up they take 5 off of that.

It pisses me off that we have someone like tony here that interacts with this community and matches prices left and right and now people are going to expect holiday sales each and every day and blame him when it doesn't happen.[/quote]

+100

Good price on BF3, bought.

Sorta off-topic: Apparently I have $10 in software/video game credit, but it won't apply when I try to use it. I think it was for a 1 year XBL sub, but it won't work on either the physical or digital version.

If people expected the games to remain at 5$-10$ when the codes kicked in, then they shouldnt be mad at Amazon, they should be mad at themselves for being bored so stupid. Amazon is not going to give away games and take a loss so you can can play them. They have had incredible deals this season, and if you have been waiting for them to be better, than thats your stupid fault. Get over it.

Steam was the undisputed PC sales leader until this winter when Amazon spanked the pants off em.

Thanks for the killer deals, Tony.

I just tried to use one of my five dollar credits to buy Bioshock 2 (which is listed under "Best sellers" for 4.99) and it keeps telling me I can't use the credit for that purchase.

Am I missing something? Can I not use the credit on something on the best sellers list if the item is under five bucks?

Edit to add: WTF. Just tried to use the code to buy the Stronghold Collection and now it is saying the code has already been used!

[quote name='wtsutton']I just tried to use one of my five dollar credits to buy Bioshock 2 (which is listed under "Best sellers" for 4.99) and it keeps telling me I can't use the credit for that purchase.

Am I missing something? Can I not use the credit on something on the best sellers list if the item is under five bucks?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it is not on the list. And came out in 2010.

You need to go here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...t?ie=UTF8&plgroup=1&docId=1000728511&plpage=2

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Are you fuck kidding me?

There you go, Battlefield for half off, Dragon Age complete bundle for 12, and EA bundle for 90. Those are deals. Those are New Year's day sales.

It pisses me off that we have someone like Tony here that interacts with this community and matches prices left and right and now people are going to expect holiday sales each and every day and blame him when it doesn't happen.[/QUOTE]

I agree, but I don't even think the fact Tony is here should make a difference one way or another. Amazon gives you great deals day in and day out, BEATING Steam pricing, adjusting pricing as the day goes back and then price matching retroactively in cases, etc. Did some of you expect some sort of magical reward for getting games for really really cheap? I from the beginning did not expect to use the coupon because I assumed the prices during the sale would be better than any coupon deals AND I'm so cheap I probably wouldn't buy a PC game for more than 4.99 right now and I wouldn't expect Amazon to give me something for free like that.

On top of the stupidity that is somehow expecting free games, then people ignore the fact that they actually do have a pretty good deal in BF3 and your coupon would drop it down $5 bucks more.

You can whine and moan all you want about the "coupons being worthless" but we all know you would have bought the same games with or without a coupon because the prices were so good.

uhh T-Money? I was trying to use my "5 off" code on L.A. Noire Complete, and i got a message saying" Cannot use code on this item" So i closed it out, and didn't buy the game or use the code.

So i go to try it on another game and i get a message saying "Code has already been used"

What do I do now..?

[quote name='DudeImGodly']uhh T-Money? I was trying to use my "5 off" code on L.A. Noire Complete, and i got a message saying" Cannot use code on this item" So i closed it out, and didn't buy the game or use the code.

So i go to try it on another game and i get a message saying "Code has already been used"

What do I do now..?[/QUOTE]

Try checking out with one of the top sellers of 2011:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...1?ie=UTF8&plgroup=1&docId=1000728511&plpage=1

Those are the games the coupon applies to. If you already redeemed the code on a different game it should be in your account already and just taken off when you buy one of the games on that page. I tested this earlier and it worked.

Updating with a longer post shortly.

*Edit* I just tested this again, using the exact same path you described...i tried to buy L.A. Noire using the code, was told it wouldn't apply. Purchased Deus Ex for $11.99 + Tax.

Cheers,
Tony

*Slips into flame reflective suit*

Hey everyone,

Man, the heat from the flames in this thread this morning is pretty intense...

Continue to check this page over the course of the next 30 minutes or so:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...28511&plpage=1

And you'll notice some pretty attractive titles to use your $5 credit on. For example, I just noted in my last post that I got Deus Ex Standard for $11.99 + Tax (I'm in Washington).

Other fun titles include Shogun 2 for $7.49...that's $2.49 with a $5 coupon.

Some other things to note:

1. If you've tried to apply your coupon prior to today, or on a title that isn't listed on the page above, it is OK your coupon is not gone, it has just been applied to your account. Simply check out with one of the titles on that page and the $5 will be deducted. I have now tested this 3 separate times.

2. These deals are for today only as it stands, and, depending on demand, maybe not even for the whole day (due to inventory)

3. These deals will likely go EXTREMELY fast, we have a TON of $5 coupons in the marketplace right now and I'd be surprised if we didn't run out of some of these products very quickly. Act soon if you want to take advantage of these deals.

4. Thanks for the feedback on this promotion, both positive and negative, it helps me frame future announcements/conversations with you guys as our customers.

Cheers,
Tony

Well I'm grateful Steam had Dead Island as an encore because you probably wouldn't have put it back up at $20 without it~

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back