Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xTraPointLess']Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 register on Steam? I don;t see it on the (incomplete) list...[/QUOTE]

Nope. But I believe the 10 dollar price is cheaper than Steam has ever had it by 18 cents or so, and Steam offers almost nothing you can't get from just adding it as a non-Steam game, unless you love having Steam track your time played in games.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I will state this again at the end of this post:

If you paid for Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition you will get Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition.

Had I not addressed this yet? My apologies, I totally thought I had. As soon as we started getting reports of confusion/issues like what you describe above we took the title down from sale and escalated up through our QA channels both internal and external. As soon as we have a solid resolution for the issue I will post here and let you know the issue is resolved and how.

Again:

If you paid for Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition you will get Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition.

Sorry for the inconvenience guys, resolution on this is longer than usual due to the holiday timing.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I had the same issue where the second code is a mac? code, I spent 3 days running around between Amazon support & EA support and neither was helpful tbh where each one would refer me to the other, I finally tried Origin support (from the client) and i'm not sure if it's different than EA support but the agent on the other end resolved my issue within 10min, I just gave him both codes and he game me 3 codes back, one for the collectors edition dlc's (which I believe is not included in my purchase), a code for awakening and another for all the dlc's included in the ultimate edition, now anyone with a similar problem can either contact origin support and hopefully have the issue resolved or wait for amazon to come up with a solution.

[quote name='ahmed2250']I had the same issue where the second code is a mac? code, I spent 3 days running around between Amazon support & EA support and neither was helpful tbh where each one would refer me to the other, I finally tried Origin support (from the client) and i'm not sure if it's different than EA support but the agent on the other end resolved my issue within 10min, I just gave him both codes and he game me 3 codes back, one for the collectors edition dlc's (which I believe is not included in my purchase), a code for awakening and another for all the dlc's included in the ultimate edition, now anyone with a similar problem can either contact origin support and hopefully have the issue resolved or wait for amazon to come up with a solution.[/QUOTE]

Origin chat help is excellent indeed

I hope DA: O Ultimate comes back in stock soon Tony, and I also hoped for Dead Island to be PMed to GMG

[quote name='Teeheehee']Just curious, but you're forced to use your CC as opposed to what? The game downloads have been using up my gift card balance, not even letting me choose to use my CC.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure, but I think this has to do with "One-click and buy" settings on Amazon. Check their support info, but you should be able to set up a different payment method for the downloads - I think you have to do it before you choose to buy.

Origin chat help has proven to be awesome once again

It took 10 minutes and NFS HP purchased from Amazon is working in multiplayer and they gave me 20% Off coupon code :applause:

[quote name='r9800pro']Origin chat help has proven to be awesome once again

It took 10 minutes and NFS HP purchased from Amazon is working in multiplayer and they gave me 20% Off coupon code :applause:[/QUOTE]

Wait...you mean your NFS code is working for multiplayer now? Amazon told me I would get an e-mail when they were working again. Gonna have to try when I get home.

So let me get this right...NFS had code problems. Dragon Age had code problems. Two games...one publisher. Just sayin'. :shame:

[quote name='wtsutton']Wait...you mean your NFS code is working for multiplayer now? Amazon told me I would get an e-mail when they were working again. Gonna have to try when I get home.

So let me get this right...NFS had code problems. Dragon Age had code problems. Two games...one publisher. Just sayin'. :shame:[/QUOTE]

Yes

Multiplayer is working now and indeed the code from Amazon was not working in MP with error : "maximum number of times used". I contacted Origin chat help and within 10 minutes the rep told me to log in again and it worked just fine

I know that a lot of people hate EA and its Origin client, but to be honest, their support is miles better than Steam's

I don't think it is Amazon's fault as I had a similar problem with BFBC2 bought from Origin store. Some EA codes are problematic

[quote name='MrWhitey']So the sales are done?[/QUOTE]

If there's not something different or at least lower in price, I'll not be using that credit. The present "deals" are not worth it.

But I'm hopeful that there will be things added during the course of the month.

[quote name='MrWhitey']So the sales are done?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Dranakin']Still on, though some games' prices have risen.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Blaan']If there's not something different or at least lower in price, I'll not be using that credit. The present "deals" are not worth it.

But I'm hopeful that there will be things added during the course of the month.[/QUOTE]

Check the OP if you get a chance, I addressed this question last evening :).

Cheers,
Tony

Tony, so they ended up solving the problem with me, but is there any chance at Vietnam expansion pack going back on sale? I might just get addicted to battlefield for the PC.

Well, glad I picked up the Nukem Forever for a buck yesterday using the ol $5 off. Even with ratings, $1 can't possibly go in vain there!!

Im sure its been asked, but I cant find it, does anyone know if the Shogun 2 DLC works with the coupon or is it just the base game? If so, can I combine 2 of the DLC to use the coupon on or will it only take the price of the first DLC off? Thanks in advance.

I surely hope they try to level off some of the pricing so people can take advantage of there $5 off like 20 games coupons. I bet the day these coupons expire though many of those games drop in price.

[quote name='Kuma']Im sure its been asked, but I cant find it, does anyone know if the Shogun 2 DLC works with the coupon or is it just the base game? If so, can I combine 2 of the DLC to use the coupon on or will it only take the price of the first DLC off? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]
Tried to buy the DLC with the coupon and it was a no-go.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']If you bought "Coupon eligible" games in Nov/Dec from Amazon, then you were emailed coupon codes that were to be redeemed in January.[/QUOTE]

thanks, I was wondering about that

[quote name='eagles5769']I wish LA Noire qualified for the $5 credit. It's 12.49 right now.[/QUOTE]

I was about to jump on it if it were. Shame. :cry:

[quote name='kyrhon']I was about to jump on it if it were. Shame. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Got my LA Noire from an European country where Steam had it for $6.24 :D

Tony,
I just have one friendly suggestion, you think you guys could try to implement a similar system to Steam in the sense your sales would clearly state that the price is a percentage off the regular price and will expire at a certain time?

I was considering using my remaining coupons on Medal of Honor and Battlefield 2 when they were 9.99 but I didn't realize those were sale prices as well. I'm sure I'll find something to use the coupons on this month, but knowing those were sale prices and would expire at said date I probably would have just used them on those games at the time.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Tony,
I just have one friendly suggestion, you think you guys could try to implement a similar system to Steam in the sense your sales would clearly state that the price is a percentage off the regular price and will expire at a certain time?

I was considering using my remaining coupons on Medal of Honor and Battlefield 2 when they were 9.99 but I didn't realize those were sale prices as well. I'm sure I'll find something to use the coupons on this month, but knowing those were sale prices and would expire at said date I probably would have just used them on those games at the time.[/QUOTE]

Save your money on BF2, no one play that game anymore, and BF3 is a joke.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Tony,

I was considering using my remaining coupons on Medal of Honor and Battlefield 2 when they were 9.99 but I didn't realize those were sale prices as well. I'm sure I'll find something to use the coupons on this month, but knowing those were sale prices and would expire at said date I probably would have just used them on those games at the time.[/QUOTE]

Hey Fox,

Thanks for the feedback. To answer your question, when it is possible, we do provide you with information regarding whether or not something is on sale and how long it will be so for, however it is not always possible to do so.

Example of when we CAN and do tell you how long the sale will be live for:

1. Deal of the Week - This happens every week from Sunday - Saturday and we plaster it all over the emails, tweets, and posts here on CAG.

2. Planned 1 day promotions - Same as above, we put the words "Today Only" on the advertisements you see on site in order to get to the product page, in our emails, tweets and posts here.

Examples of when we can't tell you how long the sale will be live for:

1. When the velocity on a title moves so quickly that we run out of keys...we try to predict this but sometimes demand is just alot higher than we could have possibly projected.

2. When the price we're selling the game for is a competitive reaction to the market. We have 0 visibility into when our competitors are going to change their prices back and forth, so it is impossible for us to put a timeframe for situations like this. This is what happened to you with Darkspore and BFBC2.

What I do state (and have both in the OP and in line here) is that, if you see a deal you are considering jump on it if there isn't some message on the site somewhere saying "this price will be available until X date".

Hope this makes sense, thanks again for the question!

Cheers,
Tony

Tony got an update about redeeming the crysis games on origin? It has been 5 days and I have still not heard from origin support.

[quote name='tominater12']Tony got an update about redeeming the crysis games on origin? It has been 5 days and I have still not heard from origin support.[/QUOTE]

Haven't heard back on Crysis yet, but I did hear back today on Dragon Age Origins Ultimate. Everyone who ordered should be receiving their DLC within 1-2 days.

Let me follow up on Crysis.

Cheers
Tony

[quote name='eagles5769']I wish LA Noire qualified for the $5 credit. It's 12.49 right now.[/QUOTE]

I think this game's worth the $12.49.
Last 3 days, I've spent around 22 hours [more or less] and counting w/ this game.
Still going w/ it.

Where I'm at....
On the Arson section of the game

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Haven't heard back on Crysis yet, but I did hear back today on Dragon Age Origins Ultimate. Everyone who ordered should be receiving their DLC within 1-2 days.

Cheers
Tony[/QUOTE]

Much appreciated!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Haven't heard back on Crysis yet, but I did hear back today on Dragon Age Origins Ultimate. Everyone who ordered should be receiving their DLC within 1-2 days.

Cheers
Tony[/QUOTE]
Thank you Tony, I'm one of the people who didn't get their Crysis to register on Origin

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey Fox,

Thanks for the feedback. To answer your question, when it is possible, we do provide you with information regarding whether or not something is on sale and how long it will be so for, however it is not always possible to do so.

Example of when we CAN and do tell you how long the sale will be live for:

1. Deal of the Week - This happens every week from Sunday - Saturday and we plaster it all over the emails, tweets, and posts here on CAG.

2. Planned 1 day promotions - Same as above, we put the words "Today Only" on the advertisements you see on site in order to get to the product page, in our emails, tweets and posts here.

Examples of when we can't tell you how long the sale will be live for:

1. When the velocity on a title moves so quickly that we run out of keys...we try to predict this but sometimes demand is just alot higher than we could have possibly projected.

2. When the price we're selling the game for is a competitive reaction to the market. We have 0 visibility into when our competitors are going to change their prices back and forth, so it is impossible for us to put a timeframe for situations like this. This is what happened to you with Darkspore and BFBC2.

What I do state (and have both in the OP and in line here) is that, if you see a deal you are considering jump on it if there isn't some message on the site somewhere saying "this price will be available until X date".

Hope this makes sense, thanks again for the question!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the response Tony. I think my main point of confusion is that Amazon rarely, if ever, sells anything at list price. So when I see a digital game I see List Price, Amazon Price, and percentage I save, but I have no way of knowing whether the Amazon Price listed at the time is in fact Amazon's "regular" price or a discount on top of the price Amazon usually sells the game for. I know amazon fluctuates prices greatly so it may be difficult, but it would be a lot more helpful to know the regular amazon price as opposed to the list price.

[quote name='Wolfmight']Well, glad I picked up the Nukem Forever for a buck yesterday using the ol $5 off. Even with ratings, $1 can't possibly go in vain there!![/QUOTE]

DNF has its ups and downs.
It's not great, but it's not that good, either.
It's decent enuff.
Definitely worth the $1.

i'm guessing this does not activate on steam?

[quote name='MysterD']I think this game's worth the $12.49.
Last 3 days, I've spent around 22 hours [more or less] and counting w/ this game.
Still going w/ it.

Where I'm at....
On the Arson section of the game
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='malistrais']i'm guessing this does not activate on steam?[/QUOTE]
Nope.

If you bought it on Steam, then you'd have 3 layers of DRM/clients.

LA Noire PC: Non Steam versions uses Gameshield and Rockstar Social Club.
Steam versions, ADD also Steam DRM on top of the above.

Would there be any chance of Return to Karkand DLC for BF3 appearing on the Bestselling 2011 list? It would be so awesome if the $5 coupon could be used on it.

[quote name='MysterD']Nope.

If you bought it on Steam, then you'd have 3 layers of DRM/clients.

LA Noire PC: Non Steam versions uses Gameshield and Rockstar Social Club.
Steam versions, ADD also Steam DRM on top of the above.[/QUOTE]

I appreciate the sale being offered is very good and that Amazon didn't choose the DRM, but Yikes!!! I feel a need to preach to the choir:

I grudgingly accept that PC games need some form of DRM. I even like Steam because it means that my games are all conveniently in one place, and I don't have to worry about finding disks and serial numbers if I get a new PC or need to wipe and restore Windows. When different DRM besides steam are required, then I won't usually buy unless the deal is amazing, because I don't want the hassle. If this means I miss out on some games, I'll live with that. If I need to open some kind of account on a website for a game than is single player, I won't touch it with a 10 foot long clown pole.

I don't think that steam is some kind of miracle program, but it works very well for me, offers good sales, and has the most content available. I can accept the DRM imposed by Steam because it is not intrusive. I strongly feel that entertainment that consumers pay for needs to be easily accessible with no more than one simple hoop to jump through.

Amazon has had very good deals for downloading and I appreciate they are trying to engage our community. I really and truly like Amazon and their download store very much. With this many layers of DRM, however, I fear there is a high likelihood the game will be a hassle to get working or could stop working whenever the DRM or game gets patched.

I just got off the phone with EA tech support regarding my inability to get online with Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (bought it Monday with my five dollar coupon). It ends up there was something they had to do on their end regarding "entitlements" on my account with them and they had to fix it on their end.

Like somebody else in the thread said earlier, they fixed it on their side and send me a code for 20 percent off my next purchase of a DD from Origins priced 40 bucks or more. Which they didn't have to do...was happy just to play the game online now.

PS...I don't see myself using the code. Does anybody want to trade a five dollar Amazon gift card for it? The guy says it works out to about seven or eight bucks off a game from them so you would be ahead a few bucks. PM if so.

[quote name='wageslave']I appreciate the sale being offered is very good and that Amazon didn't choose the DRM, but Yikes!!! I feel a need to preach to the choir:

I grudgingly accept that PC games need some form of DRM. I even like Steam because it means that my games are all conveniently in one place, and I don't have to worry about finding disks and serial numbers if I get a new PC or need to wipe and restore Windows. When different DRM besides steam are required, then I won't usually buy unless the deal is amazing, because I don't want the hassle. If this means I miss out on some games, I'll live with that. If I need to open some kind of account on a website for a game than is single player, I won't touch it with a 10 foot long clown pole.

I don't think that steam is some kind of miracle program, but it works very well for me, offers good sales, and has the most content available. I can accept the DRM imposed by Steam because it is not intrusive. I strongly feel that entertainment that consumers pay for needs to be easily accessible with no more than one simple hoop to jump through.

Amazon has had very good deals for downloading and I appreciate they are trying to engage our community. I really and truly like Amazon and their download store very much. With this many layers of DRM, however, I fear there is a high likelihood the game will be a hassle to get working or could stop working whenever the DRM or game gets patched.[/QUOTE]

I recently went through the issues w/ Risen having trouble being activated on another PC via Tages, a few weeks back - and I have STEAM version of Risen PC. Not only does that use Steam DRM, but they [Deep Silver the publisher and/or the developer Pirahna Bytes] didn't even disable Tages for that particular version. That's just annoying - Steam DRM is enough and perfectly fine and acceptable, when dealing w/ Steam versions of ANY game; since the Steam program [in most instances] is required to run any Steam-sold versions of games and Steam-required games.

I really hope w/ Risen 2 going Steamworks, they don't additionally use ANYTHING ELSE. Steam is enough and works fine, as is. Steam is a DRM-system, yes - but the extensive amount of features Steam has is great and the crazy Steam sales are what make Steam as great as it is. Valve and other game companies ONLY using Steamworks get it that Steam is enough; the problem is the 3rd-party companies putting extra unnecesary DRM crap on top of Steam versions that are the problem here!

I just finished L.A. Noire: Complete Edition PC - and yes, it's great and worth the $12.49. I'm glad I went w/ Amazon version on it, as opposed to Steam version. RSC and GameShield is enough. If I had bought it from Steam and had Steam on top of that, well - that'd be flat-out even more annoying...
Yes, it was pretty annoying that GTA4 + EFLC from Steam uses G4WL, Securom, and also Steam DRM. Really, Rockstar? REALLY?

I don't think Amazon PC Downloads here cares about DRM - they just want to sell you games. I mean, they do sell a fair amount of games that are DRM-Free -> The Witcher 2, Arcania: Gothic 4 + Fall of Setarrif, and Avadon: The Black Fortress, for starters. They just sell the games and let the dev's/publishers decide.

[quote name='xTraPointLess']Anno 2070 register on Steam? Sorry for these "register" questions, but the list is incomplete and I'm just double checking.[/QUOTE]

It doesnt register on steam.

[quote name='headpiece747']If you can match the Space Marine offer on GreenManGaming when it drops then you have another buyer right here also.[/QUOTE]

Me too! Especially if the $5 coupons work on it =0

[quote name='Cantatus']Went back a few pages and didn't see this mentioned, though I might've missed it:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution can be gotten for $11.99 with the coupon. Might not be the cheapest the game has been, but it's close.[/QUOTE]

does deus ex register on steam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back