Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HotJuicyBurgers']Hey Tony, forgot to ask a couple of pages back, but the Mac version of dragon age ultimate + dragon age 2 will be the same 11.99 price as the windows version right? Just checking because I never see the Mac version on sale[/QUOTE]

Yep we'll have both a Mac version and PC version of the bundle up for sale.

[quote name='crazy913']Next week's dragon age bundle, is it two separate keys? One for the ultimate edition and one for 2? I already have the ultimate edition and was thinking about keeping 2 and giving the ultimate edition to a buddy.[/QUOTE]

You will get 2 keys, 1 for the Ultimate Edition and 1 for DA2. Your game and software library will look exactly as if you'd purchased both individually.

[quote name='wolve']I already have Bulletstorm on X360, but for $2 on PC think I'd double dip and get more cheevo points. I enjoyed the game quite a bit. :)[/QUOTE]

I gotta ask...what is a cheevo point?

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='miqspot']A cheevo point is an Achievement point for Xbox Live / Games for Windows, otherwise known as gamer points.[/QUOTE]

Wow...I'm sad that I'm not up on my achievement lingo...I've always just called it gamerscore.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sunghost, see my reply to Z-Saber, you should be able to get Crysis ME activated on Origin, it just takes a conversation with their support team. If you have a problem let me know and I can help escalate.

Z-Saber, you're still not activated? I'm sending another email as we speak. Please give me an update when you're good to go. [/QUOTE]Thank you, sir. Nope, still not activated. I know you've sent e-mails and made calls and such (and thanks a ton for that, way beyond what should be required of you), but should I contact them on my end once more? It just gets frustrating to waste the time on their chat only to be rejected again.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Wow...I'm sad that I'm not up on my achievement lingo...I've always just called it gamerscore.[/QUOTE]I've always called them "achievements" that increased my "gamerscore", but in the past few weeks, in the Steam Holiday Sale discussion, I became aware of some people using "cheevo(s)" like, "I got the cheevos for [Game X] and [Game Y]."

Don't feel bad for not knowing the dumber lingo out there. Years ago I read an interview with some game pirate who used the spelling "juarez" for "warez". Some folks just think they're clever. :roll:

[quote name='52club']Is there a standard time that these deals for next week will go live (assuming they might sell out or be llimited)?[/QUOTE]

Generally, it's been midnight PST (3:00EST) with about a thirty minute leeway to make sure the prices change smoothly.

The only good thing about the end of January is that with the coupons gone, people will appreciate these deals for what they are. The prices for next weeks sales are GREAT even without a 5 dollar code. If I didn't have such a huge backlog already I'd be tempted to bite on every one.

As someone who has never played any of the 'em, I'm not sure whether to go with Crysis Maximum, Crysis 2, or Bulletstorm. But unless someone is willing to part with a spare coupon, I'm going to have to choose.

Any advice, fellow CAGs?

I just preordered Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. I ended up watching a 20 minute video on it today and wow, that game looks fantastic.

Reminds me of a mash up of Fable, Dragon Age, Skyrim with a more action oriented combat system. Plus I couldn't say no to the $50 price tag.

Thanks Tony.

[quote name='Z-Saber']Thank you, sir. Nope, still not activated. I know you've sent e-mails and made calls and such (and thanks a ton for that, way beyond what should be required of you), but should I contact them on my end once more? It just gets frustrating to waste the time on their chat only to be rejected again.[/QUOTE]

Unless you're chomping at the bit to get it registered give me until early next week to reach out again, I just sent another email this morning and I'll call on Monday. Sorry for the delay man, and thanks for being patient.

[quote name='52club']Is there a standard time that these deals for next week will go live (assuming they might sell out or be llimited)?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Freedom Fries']Generally, it's been midnight PST (3:00EST) with about a thirty minute leeway to make sure the prices change smoothly.[/QUOTE]

Like Freedom Fries said the deals are scheduled to go live ~12:00AM PST, and everything should be fully live by 12:30AM PST.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I just preordered Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. I ended up watching a 20 minute video on it today and wow, that game looks fantastic.

Reminds me of a mash up of Fable, Dragon Age, Skyrim with a more action oriented combat system. Plus I couldn't say no to the $50 price tag.

Thanks Tony.[/QUOTE]

Yeah man, I'm pumped too. It looks like solid gameplay and I'm a HUGE Salvatore fanatic so I'm really looking forward to playing a game from his worlds that looks to be solid as well. I don't know how old you guys are but one of my first games ever was Menzoberranzan the video game:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menzoberranzan_(video_game)

I probably spent 300 hours of my life playing this game...

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='mokmoof']As someone who has never played any of the 'em, I'm not sure whether to go with Crysis Maximum, Crysis 2, or Bulletstorm. But unless someone is willing to part with a spare coupon, I'm going to have to choose.

Any advice, fellow CAGs?[/QUOTE]

bulletstorm stops being new within an hour of gameplay - if your computer can handle it, i would say crysis 2 is the top of that list, i'm planning on buying a 3d ready setup simply because i want to see a beautiful game even prettier.

crysis maximum is just a repack of the original 3 crysis games, they were fun, but in all honesty, i don't think you would be missing anything by going straight to crysis 2, as the first is much more likely to be a sale item on this or other sites in the future

[quote name='kwirl']bulletstorm stops being new within an hour of gameplay - if your computer can handle it, i would say crysis 2 is the top of that list, i'm planning on buying a 3d ready setup simply because i want to see a beautiful game even prettier.

crysis maximum is just a repack of the original 3 crysis games, they were fun, but in all honesty, i don't think you would be missing anything by going straight to crysis 2, as the first is much more likely to be a sale item on this or other sites in the future[/QUOTE]
I highly disagree. The original Crysis games were amazing because they were so open and offered many ways to approach a situation. Some of the best shooters this generation if you ask me. Crysis 2 limited all the fun stuff of the original Crysis.

[quote name='DirkBelig']I've always called them "achievements" that increased my "gamerscore", but in the past few weeks, in the Steam Holiday Sale discussion, I became aware of some people using "cheevo(s)" like, "I got the cheevos for [Game X] and [Game Y]."

Don't feel bad for not knowing the dumber lingo out there. Years ago I read an interview with some game pirate who used the spelling "juarez" for "warez". Some folks just think they're clever. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with you here.

Personally, I think that achievements have caused people to play some terrible games due to the fact that they believe that they have a perceived value.

Oh, well.

[quote name='Rehykja']Well crap. I won't be playing ME3 until I can get a $10 used copy on Xbox 360 now I guess. No way I'm installing Origin.[/QUOTE]

Why?

[quote name='tominater12']Why?[/QUOTE]

The EULA for Origin gives EA and co a little too much leeway to look into the rest of the stuff on my computer. In the spoiler below is the stuff from the EULA that I don't like and a couple screenshots with Sysinternals that someone took showing Origin looking into other files not related to Origin or games.

If they were just using info related to Origin and just using that internally I wouldn't care, but if they're taking other info and possibly sharing it with other "third parties" then I'm just not cool with giving them permission to do that. There aren't nuclear launch codes on my PC or anything, but I don't see why they could potentially need all that info just so I can play a game.

Edit: Forgot to add that there's no opt out for any of the data collection either, at least as far as Origin itself goes. They say there will be an opt out for ME3 in game, but I don't know exactly what that entails.

"You agree that EA may collect, use, store and transmit technical and related information that identifies your computer (including the Internet Protocol Address), operating system, Application usage (including but not limited to successful installation and/or removal), software, software usage and peripheral hardware, that may be gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, dynamically served content, product support and other services to you, including online services,"

"EA may also use this information combined with personal information for marketing purposes and to improve our products and services," the section continues. "We may also share that data with our third party service providers in a form that does not personally identify you."

http://img.techpowerup.org/111029/fglehhsj.jpg
http://skitch.tawmu.co.uk/originwhy.PNG

[quote name='Rehykja']The EULA for Origin gives EA and co a little too much leeway to look into the rest of the stuff on my computer. In the spoiler below is the stuff from the EULA that I don't like and a couple screenshots with Sysinternals that someone took showing Origin looking into other files not related to Origin or games.

If they were just using info related to Origin and just using that internally I wouldn't care, but if they're taking other info and possibly sharing it with other "third parties" then I'm just not cool with giving them permission to do that. There aren't nuclear launch codes on my PC or anything, but I don't see why they could potentially need all that info just so I can play a game.

Edit: Forgot to add that there's no opt out for any of the data collection either, at least as far as Origin itself goes. They say there will be an opt out for ME3 in game, but I don't know exactly what that entails.

[/QUOTE]

6) I’ve seen reports that Origin is spyware. Is this true?
Origin is not spyware, and does not use or install spyware on user’s machines. In order to allow Origin to install games and their patches for everyone to use, Origin implements a permission change that results in Windows, not Origin, reviewing the filenames in the ProgramData/Origin folder. This is an ordinary Windows function, not an information-gathering process.

source: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/8975536

[quote name='kwirl']bulletstorm stops being new within an hour of gameplay - if your computer can handle it, i would say crysis 2 is the top of that list, i'm planning on buying a 3d ready setup simply because i want to see a beautiful game even prettier.

crysis maximum is just a repack of the original 3 crysis games, they were fun, but in all honesty, i don't think you would be missing anything by going straight to crysis 2, as the first is much more likely to be a sale item on this or other sites in the future[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I highly disagree. The original Crysis games were amazing because they were so open and offered many ways to approach a situation. Some of the best shooters this generation if you ask me. Crysis 2 limited all the fun stuff of the original Crysis.[/QUOTE]
But is Bulletstorm more fun and/or more insane? That's the question for me.

[quote name='mokmoof']As someone who has never played any of the 'em, I'm not sure whether to go with Crysis Maximum, Crysis 2, or Bulletstorm. But unless someone is willing to part with a spare coupon, I'm going to have to choose.

Any advice, fellow CAGs?[/QUOTE]

If you only have one coupon then you can look at it like this:

1. Crysis Maximum is essentially two games - for the price of one
2. Crysis 2 is generally considered to be more linear and metacritic places it right between the other two score-wise. Crysis 2 is the newest game and, as such, commands an average retail similar to that of the Crysis ME bundle.

So...

- They're going for similar prices currently, making them equally good deals.
- They have similar ratings (though the original has a slightly higher)
- Crysis ME has much more content

Buy Crysis ME

[quote name='mokmoof']But is Bulletstorm more fun and/or more insane? That's the question for me.[/QUOTE]

It's a good laugh, no doubt. The point system makes you try and think of new and better ways to kill, but you're limited in which guns you can carry (a big bummer for me). It has some depth to it in that regard, but it is a very short (albeit action-packed) game.

[quote name='mokmoof']But is Bulletstorm more fun and/or more insane? That's the question for me.[/QUOTE]

i have bulletstorm on pc and on xbox 360, it is fun....but there isn't much duration to the fun. it just wore itself out pretty fast. there are only so many times that 'kick, use whip to bring back, shoot' before it stops being clever. your mileage may vary, im told that some people sit around doing it over and over and continually think its fun. i'm not one of them.

as for the rest - crysis 1 had a great story, but there are some levels that just got out of hand in terms of difficulty. i have been led to believe that in later patches those issues have been addressed.

for me, i want pretty, shiny, new things - so crysis 2 gets the nod from me because i don't spend what i spend on a computer to play things because they are good, i want immersible fun with beautiful visuals, and the 3d element is a huge plus from me.

/yeah, im that guy that everyone hates because i expect things to be shiny.

Anyone have 2 codes they do not plan to use? I want to buy Alice Madness and Crysis 2. I am willing to trade Hydrophobia on steam for 2 unused codes.

[quote name='Pajama_Man']6) I’ve seen reports that Origin is spyware. Is this true?
Origin is not spyware, and does not use or install spyware on user’s machines. In order to allow Origin to install games and their patches for everyone to use, Origin implements a permission change that results in Windows, not Origin, reviewing the filenames in the ProgramData/Origin folder. This is an ordinary Windows function, not an information-gathering process.

source: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/8975536[/QUOTE]

That's cool if Origin sticks to just checking its own files now. That's not so bad. Still, I've seen it before where it was looking at other things on my hard drive, though that was a while back. If they toned that down to just their own stuff then awesome.

k no more to give sorries

i have a couple of $5 off codes to give away, pm me if you are sure you will be using it.

ok that was fast, i gave a few for free. i'm a saving a couple for myself if theres an upcoming deal. But if anyone wants to trade for a small steam game or something, id be up for it. thanks

[quote name='mokmoof']Shininess isn't a huge factor for me, but art direction, story, structure, and barshitness all are. So it looks like it's Crysis ME or Bulletstorm. Crysis would be more content, that's for sure. And I'm sure that it would still be quite pretty on a my modern gaming rig.

But then there's this, you know? http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/02/22/bulletstorm-review-pc/

In any case, thanks for the advice, fellas![/QUOTE]

If story matters to you a whole lot, then don't go with Bulletstorm. The game doesn't take itself seriously at all, but its still a blast to play if that doesn't bother you.

That being said, the best way to determine if you'll like a game is to play it yourself. There's a demo on steam here.

T-Money, I've a question that isn't exactly relevant to the deals but I was just wondering are you guys going to get anymore Battlefield Limited Edition codes in the future?

Thanks for all the great deals! Definitely going to catch up on most of them =D

I don't know why everyone's knocking Bulletstorm. Fun, genuinely funny and great action. Under 10 bucks it's a steal, and there's achievements.

[quote name='flux91']ok that was fast, i gave a few for free. i'm a saving a couple for myself if theres an upcoming deal.[/QUOTE]

dang, sent a PM but was too late I suppose, thanks for offering to the community :)

[quote name='mcthatch']I don't know why everyone's knocking Bulletstorm. Fun, genuinely funny and great action. Under 10 bucks it's a steal, and there's achievements. [/QUOTE]

I got Bulletstorm when it went on sale for $5 and so far I freaking love it, just pure fun.

I guess the other thing to consider is that Bulletstorm has already been $5, whereas Crysis Maximum has never, ever, ever gone below $7.50.

Demo time!

[quote name='mcthatch']I don't know why everyone's knocking Bulletstorm. Fun, genuinely funny and great action. Under 10 bucks it's a steal, and there's achievements.[/QUOTE]

You finished 62 games in 2011?! I only finished one, and it was just Bastion :shock: :applause:

[quote name='mokmoof']Shininess isn't a huge factor for me, but art direction, story, structure, and barshitness all are. So it looks like it's Crysis ME or Bulletstorm. Crysis would be more content, that's for sure. And I'm sure that it would still be quite pretty on a my modern gaming rig.

But then there's this, you know? http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/02/22/bulletstorm-review-pc/

In any case, thanks for the advice, fellas![/QUOTE]
I can answer this quick. Do you want to strap a grenade onto someone, sparta kick him into a group of enemies and watch him explode, or do you want to have a open like island for you to tactically plan your method of attack.

I own both games. Bulletstorm isn't serious and it's about getting the most absurd kill possible. It's a short game for about 5 hours in length but it's a fun thrill ride.

Now Crysis is an amazing game because it's so open, sure you can rush in and kick ass, or you can hide somewhere and tactically snipe, or you can use your powers for a mix of stealth/rushing.

Both are great, but for different reasons. Bulletstorm satisfies my I wanna watch explosions and Crysis is I want to play a deep but rewarding shooter.

Damn I've run out of $5 codes. I shouldn't have gotten Duke Nukem Forever and GTA 4 since I already have GTA 4 on steam lol.

Does anyone wanna trade a code for an unused GTA 4 key? Unfortunately you can't activate it anywhere. Prolly useful if you already have a copy...

Also, thanks T-Money for the awesome deals and coupons! Hope you guys keep on rocking with more awesome deals! Adding more publishers like Bethesda and Warner Bros would be great as well...

Bulletstorm for $5 is a steal period. Lots of stupid fun. Hmm, 1:43 am and no price change on Alice.

[quote name='tominater12']Now is Alice worth $2.50 and does it redeem on Origin or Steam?[/QUOTE]

yes, and as an EA title, it can be redeemed on Origin. If I'm not mistaken, all of this week's sale items are EA and will be Origin-redeemable.

if anyone has some extras please let me know.
They have a deal for Alice madness and dead space I really want.
[too bad these expire at the end of January they are really useful]

http://steamcommunity.com/id/zombiek/

Feel free to add me. I do come across codes like this quite often I just ran out from the last sale. Please do me a favor.
Ill do so back to you in the future :D

[I thought it would be easier to post here then try a new thread or anything]

Bought Alice but haven't received the mail with the Promo Code yet. Has anybody received theirs ? Just curious, I'm sure it will show up sooner or later :)

[quote name='lidl']Bought Alice but haven't received the mail with the Promo Code yet. Has anybody received theirs ? Just curious, I'm sure it will show up sooner or later :)[/QUOTE]

The promo codes were given during November and December 2011

Can anyone recommend Alice for someone who never played the previous of McGee's creepy games? It looks interesting, but if I get dumped in to a story where I have no clue what I'm looking at, I'll be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back