Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']How is the original Alice? I actually might pop over to GOG and grab a copy since I'd like to play it before MR...

Great question, and sorry for not clarifying. This week our Deal of the Week is "EA daily deals each day" so while we won't have 1 consistent product up for promotion each day, we'll have a different EA title up for sale every 24 hours until Saturday. Out of curiosity, what titles are jazzed about going on Deal of the Week. I can't guarantee that they'll happen but I can tell you if they are things we're actively discussing already.

[/QUOTE]

Space Marine, Dead Island & DLC, NFS The Run, BF3 B2K DLC and SR3 :lol:

[quote name='MysterD']Let's add to your awesome post w/ even more settings to tweak:
Tweaking Alice: Madness Returns PC.

It's going to take more than removing the 30 FPS cap, to get Alice: MR running right, thanks to how PhysX-heavy Alice: MR is - especially when using the pepper grinder.[/QUOTE]

That PhysX crap sucks big time ! and It is highly overrated. I am playing and enjoying Batman AC these days and don't miss PhysX effects one bit

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I don't have that as a member of any of our current discussions but I'll toss it out on the table next week for discussion.[/QUOTE]

Yes...I could really go for a racing game.

[quote name='r9800pro']That PhysX crap sucks big time ! and It is highly overrated. I am playing and enjoying Batman AC these days and don't miss PhysX effects one bit[/QUOTE]

Problem w/ the PhysX stuff is it takes TOO much performance off for very LITTLE effects.
I noticed that back when Mirror's Edge PC was released w/ all the PhysX features.

Sure, the extra PhysX effects are nice and all - but, not at the HIGH cost of performance it OFTEN trades off.
If only it could be GREATLY optimized...

[quote name='kwirl']i have bulletstorm on pc and on xbox 360, it is fun....but there isn't much duration to the fun. it just wore itself out pretty fast. there are only so many times that 'kick, use whip to bring back, shoot' before it stops being clever. your mileage may vary, im told that some people sit around doing it over and over and continually think its fun. i'm not one of them.
[/QUOTE]
I wasn't one of those people, especially with the skillshots. The skillshot system added a lot of fun and longevity to Bulletstorm for me. The game is much more than just using kicking and the whip to kill enemies. If that's what you were doing almost all the time, no wonder you got bored.

[quote name='metalkidz']Hi, i just want trade my Frozen Synapse Steam gift and some Steam coupon for 1 amz 5$ off, feel free to pm me, thanks[/QUOTE]
Any nice guy help me out, i have 50% off Steam coupon of Assassin Creed Brotherhood, Payday, X Superbox, Shogun 2, Civ5 GOTY.... and FS gift just for only one coupon

[quote name='Luxuria']Wondering: Does Bulletstorm on the PC have a separate achievement list? Sort of like Batman and it's GFWL version?[/QUOTE]

Yep, almost all multiplatform games that use GFWL work that way AFAIK.

[quote name='InfenroIII']Will Dead Space 2 Go Back Up anytime soon?[/QUOTE]

You beat me to the question by about 45 seconds. We're working on it as we speak and I'll update if/when we get it back up today.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']You beat me to the question by about 45 seconds. We're working on it as we speak and I'll update if/when we get it back up today.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks , Tony. I thought i wouldn't be able to get it there for a second.

[quote name='InfenroIII']Thanks , Tony. I thought i wouldn't be able to get it there for a second.[/QUOTE]

Just to be 100% transparent you still might not be able to. We're working on it but 11:00AM on the Sunday before a holiday makes it rough to guarantee we'll get it back up.

Like I said though, I've been on the phone since 9:00AM running down a solution.

Stay tuned, I'll send you a PM if we get any movement, also, if you want to PM me your email address I'll drop you a note if we get it back up.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Just to be 100% transparent you still might not be able to. We're working on it but 11:00AM on the Sunday before a holiday makes it rough to guarantee we'll get it back up.

Like I said though, I've been on the phone since 9:00AM running down a solution.

Stay tuned, I'll send you a PM if we get any movement, also, if you want to PM me your email address I'll drop you a note if we get it back up.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Ah! K.Thanks anyways though. Now to wait . . .

Hey Tony,

You have had some great deals the last two months. I am going to use my fifth and final coupon on Crysis 2 when it goes on sale.

Just thought I would let you know that the game you have available for preorder is Syndicate, not Syndacite. I keep seeing Syndacite in your posts and thinking it is a game about some new life form or something! :D

Thanks for all your hard work here!

[quote name='Dr Sasquatch']Hey Tony,

You have had some great deals the last two months. I am going to use my fifth and final coupon on Crysis 2 when it goes on sale.

Just thought I would let you know that the game you have available for preorder is Syndicate, not Syndacite. I keep seeing Syndacite in your posts and thinking it is a game about some new life form or something! :D

Thanks for all your hard work here![/QUOTE]

Well color me semi-literate. Thanks for calling that out, this is one of those cases where I likely said and spelled something in my head incorrectly for so long that it manifested itself when I externalized it.

Sorry about that, will definitely fix it moving forward (*crosses fingers*). Glad you're digging the deals :).

Let me just give a +1 for Bulletstorm now that the awful marketing campaign is gone for it.

The only problem is that lasting appeal is a bit weak. It's fun to be able to replay practically every combat section in the game for score but trying to maximize score means you're just using each gun to get each skillshot once. It becomes a rote memorized performance rather than a free form dude blasting sim and that change saps a lot of the fun out of the game.

Play it for fun, not for score.

Is there any possibility that there will be any Mac versions available to buy on sale? There are many games that have a Mac version, but have only the PC version on sale, while the Mac remains full price.

[quote name='SiMMENS']Probably my pick for most underrated game last year! Everyone enjoy![/QUOTE]

Fixed :p

I totally agree. Bulletstorm (or BS as some may call it :lol:) is an awesome game

[quote name='SandOfThym']Is there any possibility that there will be any Mac versions available to buy on sale? There are many games that have a Mac version, but have only the PC version on sale, while the Mac remains full price.[/QUOTE]

It varies by game but I can tell you that the Dragon Age deal tomorrow will be both PC/Mac...do you have any questions about any other games we're putting up for sale on that list?

Cheers,
Tony

It's not necessarily regarding the "Best Of" sales list, even though it has some differences (Rome: Total War Gold Edition).

It's just that many times the digital Mac version will not have the same sales price as the PC version. A good example would be the Civilization V GOTY offer a few weeks back in December. The PC version sold for $10.99 while the Mac version of it was kept at $49.99. Or the Civilization V offer a few days ago, it was $8.99 I believe while the Mac version was $14.99.

I'd understand why retail versions might have different prices, but why such the disparity between downloadable versions? Or are retail copies needed to be purchased to provide the key code to activate the game?

As for future games up for sale I'd be interested in Spore (Mac version). Dragon Age seems like a good bet for me as well though.

[quote name='SandOfThym']It's not necessarily regarding the "Best Of" sales list, even though it has some differences (Rome: Total War Gold Edition).

It's just that many times the digital Mac version will not have the same sales price as the PC version. A good example would be the Civilization V GOTY offer a few weeks back in December. The PC version sold for $10.99 while the Mac version of it was kept at $49.99. Or the Civilization V offer a few days ago, it was $8.99 I believe while the Mac version was $14.99.

I'd understand why retail versions might have different prices, but why such the disparity between downloadable versions? Or are retail copies needed to be purchased to provide the key code to activate the game?

As for future games up for sale I'd be interested in Spore (Mac version). Dragon Age seems like a good bet for me as well though.[/QUOTE]

A lot of Mac games are ported to Mac by third-party companies who have to pay the original company royalties and take on the expense of writing the Mac port of the game for a smaller market, so the price is higher a lot of the time because of that. It is also the reason many Steam games are not available for Mac when a Mac version is available.

So received a cool email today saying I can get a recently released game for $2.50!

I'll hold out and see if Crysis 2 goes on sale to use my coupon. Either way the current amazon.com Kingdoms of Amarlur: Reckoning 15% pre-order deal means I'll be spending money soon!

Here is hoping for Crysis 2 day for the EA week!

Does anyone want to trade a $5 coupon for a key to Assassin's Creed?

I made an impulse purchase and used one of my codes to get it for free (even though I already have it...) before I knew there were going to be crazy sales like this.

If anyone is interested, just send me a PM! Thanks!

[quote name='admurray2']Does anyone want to trade a $5 coupon for a key to Assassin's Creed?

I made an impulse purchase and used one of my codes to get it for free (even though I already have it...) before I knew there were going to be crazy sales like this.

If anyone is interested, just send me a PM! Thanks![/QUOTE]

Assassins Creed on amazon doesn't actually come with a key....

[quote name='ThatPCGamer']So received a cool email today saying I can get a recently released game for $2.50!

I'll hold out and see if Crysis 2 goes on sale to use my coupon. Either way the current amazon.com Kingdoms of Amarlur: Reckoning 15% pre-order deal means I'll be spending money soon!

Here is hoping for Crysis 2 day for the EA week![/QUOTE]
Ooh! Any idea what one does to get that sort of email. I'd be down for one of those.

I see AC:R is 35 USD download right now. Is that the lowest it's been? (read: should I buy it now or is it expected to go lower)

Also, saw BF3 is $50 but was $30 on January 1st. Guess I missed that ship, too?

Grabbed Alice with code. Have 2 codes left now. Think I'm going with Dragon Age Ultimate + DA2 and Crysis Maximum. Already have Crysis 2 on 360. I do already have DA Ultimate on 360 sealed but can sell it for more than what the "DA Super Bundle" will cost me.

[quote name='ThatPCGamer']So received a cool email today saying I can get a recently released game for $2.50!

Here is hoping for Crysis 2 day for the EA week![/QUOTE]

Crysis 2 will be $9.99 ($4.99 w/coupon) on Saturday...weekly schedule is in the OP.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='mokmoof']Ooh! Any idea what one does to get that sort of email. I'd be down for one of those.[/QUOTE]

We're sending those emails to customers who have coupons to use but hadn't as of the last time we pulled the data. Basically it is just a reminder that you have the code and letting you know what the sale of the day is.

Make sense?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Crysis 2 will be $9.99 ($4.99 w/coupon) on Saturday...weekly schedule is in the OP.

Cheers,
Tony

We're sending those emails to customers who have coupons to use but hadn't as of the last time we pulled the data. Basically it is just a reminder that you have the code and letting you know what the sale of the day is.

Make sense?[/QUOTE]
Makes total sense, thanks! So it's not an additional coupon, just a reminder to use the great ones we already have. Fair enough. :D

[quote name='mokmoof']Makes total sense, thanks! So it's not an additional coupon, just a reminder to use the great ones we already have. Fair enough. :D[/QUOTE]

Exactly...we gave out a TON of those coupons, we just want to make sure people don't miss out on using them.

Hey Tony, with all these great game deals I'd love it too if we can get some good PC hardware deals so we can play all the games we're buying!

I personally am looking for a new gaming graphics card right now and with the release of the AMD/ATI 79xx series I'd love to see some "blow-out" deals on the "older" cards on Amazon (I'm currently running 2x 8800GT in SLI).

I hope you can pass this along! Thanks.

Picked up Alice, thanks! It was one of the games I regretted not getting when it was last on sale and now I'm actually glad I didn't.

The other game I regret not getting when you guys had it on sale before is NBA 2K12, so it's nice to hear it's a title you all are at least considering.

Tried Origin live chat support again to see if they would activate Bulletstorm and Mass Effect purchased through Steam. Basically, it was a no (again), but this is the most interesting part of the conversation:

"Unfortunately, since we do not have order information for purchases made through third party retailers, I would recommend that you contact the retailer regarding this issue, who should be able to address the concern. We appreciate your understanding in the matter."

So anyone who has had success, I can't imagine how. I'm 0 for 3 or 4.

[quote name='Z-Saber']Tried Origin live chat support again to see if they would activate Bulletstorm and Mass Effect purchased through Steam. Basically, it was a no (again), but this is the most interesting part of the conversation:

"Unfortunately, since we do not have order information for purchases made through third party retailers, I would recommend that you contact the retailer regarding this issue, who should be able to address the concern. We appreciate your understanding in the matter."

So anyone who has had success, I can't imagine how. I'm 0 for 3 or 4.[/QUOTE]

And why would you want to activate Steam games on Origin? You already have them on Steam, is that not enough? I would understand an opposite scenario, trying to consolidate collection on one distribution service (Steam), but to port games over to Origin when we know it will never be a fully-fledged game distribution service for anything but EA games?

[quote name='Z-Saber']Tried Origin live chat support again to see if they would activate Bulletstorm and Mass Effect purchased through Steam. Basically, it was a no (again), but this is the most interesting part of the conversation:

Try https://activate.ea.com/applyentitlement.do for ME. I think that's where I registered mine at.

I got them to activate Bulletstorm for me today via chat. Got the Limited Edition version when it went through.

[quote name='netscorer']And why would you want to activate Steam games on Origin? You already have them on Steam, is that not enough? I would understand an opposite scenario, trying to consolidate collection on one distribution service (Steam), but to port games over to Origin when we know it will never be a fully-fledged game distribution service for anything but EA games?[/QUOTE]
I just figure if I can get games activated, why not? It's nothing important or essential, but it's worth a shot.
[quote name='xanchui']Try https://activate.ea.com/applyentitlement.do for ME. I think that's where I registered mine at.[/QUOTE]
I've tried that dozens of times. No dice. Actually, the support chat person said my key from Steam was invalid, so that could be why.

And actually, just realized this is the Amazon thread, not the Steam thread. Probably should have posted there instead, but I guess it's sort of Amazon related since Bulletstorm will be on sale soon.

[quote name='Z-Saber']I just figure if I can get games activated, why not? It's nothing important or essential, but it's worth a shot.

I've tried that dozens of times. No dice. Actually, the support chat person said my key from Steam was invalid, so that could be why.

And actually, just realized this is the Amazon thread, not the Steam thread. Probably should have posted there instead, but I guess it's sort of Amazon related since Bulletstorm will be on sale soon.[/QUOTE]
purchased through STEAM to activate on ORIGIN....

There's your problem. Of course your Steam key is invalid, just because you purchased an EA game on Steam doesn't mean you can put it on Origin. The world doesn't work that way.

If anyone is interested I have a key for Assassin's Creed that I have buyers remorse on...looking to trade it for a coupon. PM me if interested.

I don't know where to ask this, but I was browsing for some games on Amazon. I found a couple sellers that have some games I was interested in(not Amazon.com, but sellers from their site) and I found something a little fishy.

Some of the sellers have some games with both new and used copies. The thing is, they have the same quantity of new and used for each. Either it's just a coincidence or they are both counting toward the same inventory. Which begs the question, if I order a new copy, will I get a used one in the mail?

Anyone ever have experience with this type of thing before?

OK, so tomorrow is the Dragon Age Bundle day.. I already own Dragon Age Origins (only) -- how do I get the rest of the bundle? Do I have to buy the whole thing??

[quote name='jazyje']OK, so tomorrow is the Dragon Age Bundle day.. I already own Dragon Age Origins (only) -- how do I get the rest of the bundle? Do I have to buy the whole thing??[/QUOTE]

Yes. I'm sure you can find someone to trade the first one to though.

[quote name='zazzer']purchased through STEAM to activate on ORIGIN....

There's your problem. Of course your Steam key is invalid, just because you purchased an EA game on Steam doesn't mean you can put it on Origin. The world doesn't work that way.[/QUOTE]

I doubt that's the problem, a lot of EA games purchased on Steam will activate on Origin. I managed to activate Alice Madness Returns, Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2 Digital Deluxe Edition, and Shank on Origin. All of those keys came from Steam..

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back