Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Careful CAGS.... these are great sales, but anyone concerned about DRM should steer clear. EA's latest PC releases have been terrible disservices to gamers. A court order required EA to disclose the use of SECURom in their games. Instead of revealing that it was present in Dragon Age 2 as they were legally obligated to do, they leaked out misinformation about how consumer-friendly the game would be and then included SECURom without any disclosure. They pulled the same crap for Dead Space 2.

Until policy changes at EA, folks concerned about their machine's health should think twice before installing this malware garbage.

[quote name='midloo']

Until policy changes at EA, folks concerned about their machine's health should think twice before installing this malware garbage.[/QUOTE]
Complete untrue paranoia

Might as well be telling everyone to wear foil hats as well

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Complete untrue paranoia

Might as well be telling everyone to wear foil hats as well[/QUOTE]

Tips my foil hat. Well played sir well played.

[quote name='MysterD']Burnout: Paradise - The Ultimate Box and Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edtion, both of which I bought from Steam, did register up on Origin just fine.[/QUOTE]

Quick question...have you tried/been successful going online with Burnout Paradise? The MP servers have never worked for me, and EA Support is less than useless. I do not have problems with any other service/game, and there are other reports of people having the same issue as me, so I'm pretty sure it's on their end.

[quote name='midloo']Ok... install away. Ignorance is bliss:

http://www.destructoid.com/ea-sneaks-securom-drm-onto-dragon-age-ii-disc-196185.phtml

http://www.reclaimyourgame.com/content.php/739-RYG-News-Analysing-SecuROM-In-Dead-Space-2[/QUOTE]

This thread shouldn't degrade into a DRM whine-fest, however those have to do with the disc based games, thus unless a link to the Amazon offered digital titles, is worthless to the cause. You would only be posting that to cause more issues than solve them. Even more so since the previous topic was about Origin, not SecuROM.

So yes, go grab a tin foil hat.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']It varies by game but I can tell you that the Dragon Age deal tomorrow will be both PC/Mac...do you have any questions about any other games we're putting up for sale on that list?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

The Mac versions are still at their usual price, and the pack is PC only. :(

As for another question, does DAO and DA2 require Origin? Because they do not have a Mac listing on their store.

[quote name='paulcalypse']Wondering if anyone has an extra coupon. I have a handful of Steam coupons I can trade you.[/QUOTE]

I have one I don't plan on using. What were you willing to trade?

[quote name='dark-star']Quick question...have you tried/been successful going online with Burnout Paradise? The MP servers have never worked for me, and EA Support is less than useless. I do not have problems with any other service/game, and there are other reports of people having the same issue as me, so I'm pretty sure it's on their end.[/QUOTE]

criterion shut down their servers for the game a couple years back, it sucks because all the DLC i owned at one point i can't access :(

[quote name='vince_carter']I have one I don't plan on using. What were you willing to trade?[/QUOTE]

... And queue the 20+ PMs to your inbox, enjoy! :lol:

Thanks alot Tony and Amazon, already have both of these games but this is an AMAZING deal. That is so much content for $7 or $12. Basically stealing these games from you guys!

[quote name='kwirl']criterion shut down their servers for the game a couple years back, it sucks because all the DLC i owned at one point i can't access :([/QUOTE]

That just on PC or the consoles also?

[quote name='MSUHitman']That just on PC or the consoles also?[/QUOTE]

It's just the PC, pretty crappy considering that the online multiplayer is a quite a large part of Burnout Paradise.. but if you're looking to buy it, the console versions are far superior due to that.

[quote name='Duckvader']I want to get the bundle but already have DOA, does anyone want it for a $5 bestsellers?[/QUOTE]

I think you meant DAO. DOA means something else :cool:.

[quote name='Duckvader']I want to get the bundle but already have DOA, does anyone want it for a $5 bestsellers?[/QUOTE]

What the ? I just did the very trade your talking about with another person named duck*****
Baader Meinhoff Strikes Again!

Ugh I really want to buy this but I only have 9.63 in amazon credit and no credit card. If anyone has an extra coupon, I would be extremely, profusely thankful for it. I could give you some coupons on Steam, as well as 2 copies of Gish for it in return.

[quote name='rakaminkol']Ugh I really want to buy this but I only have 9.63 in amazon credit and no credit card. If anyone has an extra coupon, I would be extremely, profusely thankful for it. I could give you some coupons on Steam, as well as 2 copies of Gish for it in return.[/QUOTE]
why not just buy yourself an Amazon gift card?

SO I downloaded and installed DA2, and Windows 7 came up asking if I would allow "Sony Release Control" access to make changes to my hard drive. This is a SecuROM product, though someone on the BioWare forums clarified its intended purpose:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/141/index/5887403&lf=8

Non-Steam versions (digital or retail disc) are as follows:
- No disc check, you do not need the disc in drive to play.
- No limit on the total number of PCs you can install and play the game on.
- There is a limit to the number of unique/different PCs that can start/play the game within a time window [5 PCs in 24hrs].
- Each install requires logging in to your EA account to verify game ownership and if you are a member of these forums, you have an EA account.
- You can play offline but the game will require a login check after a select period of days.

Release Control (does not use securom)
. It does not install anything to the PC.
. Sole purpose is to check with a server to validate whether the game release date has passed or not.
. It completely removes itself after the game release date has passed.
. You will not be able to play until that date has passed.
. Dates & times are set to the retail street date per country.

Hopefully this explains the DRM included in Dragon Age 2.

I'll roll the dice.

So I just bought the Dragon Age pack on amazon and while the games themselves registered fine on origin the DLC did not. So I logged on to the Bioware site to register the games then the DLC and it says my code is not valid. Is this just because I have it already registered on origin? If so do I just register the DLC on bioware's site then log in within the game to access all of the content?

If it wasn't for the controls I probably would of just waited for a cheap copy on 360 because this entire system of DRM, codes, etc.. is FUBAR. :bomb: More so when a lot of us PC gamers are just fine with the way steam works.

[quote name='powersurge']So I just bought the Dragon Age pack on amazon and while the games themselves registered fine on origin the DLC did not. So I logged on to the Bioware site to register the games then the DLC and it says my code is not valid. Is this just because I have it already registered on origin? If so do I just register the DLC on bioware's site then log in within the game to access all of the content?

If it wasn't for the controls I probably would of just waited for a cheap copy on 360 because this entire system of DRM, codes, etc.. is FUBAR. :bomb: More so when a lot of us PC gamers are just fine with the way steam works.[/QUOTE]

Only the DLC codes are meant to be registered on the bioware site, and the game codes are for Origin. You might have to download the DLC from the bioware site, after the DLC is redeemed. I haven't actually played it on PC yet, so not completely sure.

If it makes you feel any better, I thought the console versions of DAO looked like crap visually. You'll probably have a much better experience with the PC versions, and I don't think DAO has DRM.. just DA2.

[quote name='powersurge']If it wasn't for the controls I probably would of just waited for a cheap copy on 360 because this entire system of DRM, codes, etc.. is FUBAR. :bomb: More so when a lot of us PC gamers are just fine with the way steam works.[/QUOTE]

I can't speak for Dragon Age II (since the PC version was a blatant console port), but Dragon Age: Origins is far superior on the PC compared to the console versions. I wouldn't bother with a console version of the original game if you have a PC more than capable of running it well.

[quote name='fignutz32']why not just buy yourself an Amazon gift card?[/QUOTE]
I don't have a credit card. Just the Amazon gift card amount I mentioned :p.

I tried to buy the Dragon Age deal, but for some reason the coupon that was automatically used only deducted $2.41.....

So I copied and pasted another coupon code that I stored and that added $2.59, making the total $6.99 ($5 off using TWO coupons)

So I entered a THIRD coupon code, and that one finally gave me the $5 off with just one code.

That was kinda weird....

[quote name='Zipomatic2']I tried to buy the Dragon Age deal, but for some reason the coupon that was automatically used only deducted $2.41.....

So I copied and pasted another coupon code that I stored and that added $2.59, making the total $6.99 ($5 off using TWO coupons)

So I entered a THIRD coupon code, and that one finally gave me the $5 off with just one code.

That was kinda weird....[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you used one coupon for a game less than 5 bucks and it tried to automatically apply the remaining balance.

Bit on yesterday's and todays. Great price on Alice 2. Liked the first one way back well enough...

And even though I have the collecters edition of the first game I dont have any of the DLC. And I dont have 2 yet. So that's way more than a good enough reason to bite on the Dragon Age Double pack.

Great deal today! I almost bought both DA and DA2 during the Christmas sale but only bought DA Ulitmate. I would trade DA Ultimate for DA2 or a $5 coupon. I'm not interested in any of the other deals this week but I can't wait to see what next week brings.

$11 working well with my mac (NVIDIA 7300 , Core 2 Duo) nice deal
japan.gif

if anyway has any civ 5 key from the deal i'll be up to trade with Bioshock 2 or titan quest gold or Serious Sam HD: Gold Edition on steam.

[quote name='sunghost']
You'll probably have a much better experience with the PC versions, and I don't think DAO has DRM.. just DA2.[/QUOTE]

I bought the Ultimate Edition some time ago on Amazon DD and it's been a while since I played it, but I don't seem to recall much in the way of DRM for the base game however the DLC basically acts as DRM.

Most people obviously will want to install it if they get the UE. Once you install it your save games are tied to it you cannot play them without the DLC.

There have been times in the past when EA's verification servers weren't functioning properly and wouldn't authorize the DLC even though you owned it. I have personally experienced this.

Supposedly, in browsing through the Bioware forums, people claim you can download the DLC, authorize it once and then turn off the auto-login feature that so it won't try to connect and re-authorize the DLC every time. I haven't tried it myself, but others on the threads seemed to indicate that sometimes the game would try and re-connect anyhow so YMMV.

I was originally going to pass on this deal, as I already have Origins: Ultimate for 360, but that chance to mod the game was too tempting, so I bit.

If you have already played the game or if you just don't like horrible parts of good games, this mod looks like a serious winner:

http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=816

It lets you completely skip the fade, which I found incredibly boring, and which almost made me quit playing what is otherwise a pretty solid game.

[quote name='Dr Sasquatch']It lets you completely skip the fade, which I found incredibly boring, and which almost made me quit playing what is otherwise a pretty solid game.[/QUOTE]

While I wasn't crazy about the Fade it was the Deep Roads that really pissed me off. I didn't enjoy them even on my first playthrough and I still think it was WAY too long and boring.

i registered the games on my pogo ea legacy account. but apparently the email i used for that is a DIFFERENT account without the games? what kind of madness is this

i can't use dlc cuz if i log in to bioware social its the email without game??

Allright, just finished installing Dragon Age ultimate + awakening + sugary goodness to my mac, (a whopping 36 Gigabytes apparently), and I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the DLC and extra campaign options I have. Should I just start with the original game? Should I play awakening first? The title of it sounds prequel-ish. I played Dragon age a long time ago when the only thing out was the original game, so I'm not really sure how all this extra stuff relates

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back