Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HotJuicyBurgers']Allright, just finished installing Dragon Age ultimate + awakening + sugary goodness to my mac, (a whopping 36 Gigabytes apparently), and I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the DLC and extra campaign options I have. Should I just start with the original game? Should I play awakening first? The title of it sounds prequel-ish. I played Dragon age a long time ago when the only thing out was the original game, so I'm not really sure how all this extra stuff relates[/QUOTE]

If you've already p,ayed origins you may as well play Awakenings. No need to carry a character over from origins as Awakenings allows you to create a new character at the start.

[quote name='miqspot']If you've already p,ayed origins you may as well play Awakenings. No need to carry a character over from origins as Awakenings allows you to create a new character at the start.[/QUOTE]

Never finished, I think I got up to the part where some

*spoiler i suppose*

king dies? I remember it being pretty early in the game. I remember being recruited, going to some cult like place, there being a battle, and then some person dies.

*end spoiler*

[quote name='HotJuicyBurgers']Allright, just finished installing Dragon Age ultimate + awakening + sugary goodness to my mac, (a whopping 36 Gigabytes apparently), and I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the DLC and extra campaign options I have. Should I just start with the original game? Should I play awakening first? The title of it sounds prequel-ish. I played Dragon age a long time ago when the only thing out was the original game, so I'm not really sure how all this extra stuff relates[/QUOTE]

I haven't played all the DLC, but I'll help the best I can. I'm assuming you want to do it in some type of chronological order instead of the best order for getting items or whatever, right? In that case this would probably be the best way to go:

Leliana's Song > Stone Prisoner > Warden's Keep > Return to Ostagar > Dragon Age: Origins > Darkspawn Chronicles > Golems of Amgarrak > Witch Hunt > Dragon Age: Origins - Awakenings

Leliana's Song takes place before the main game so you might as well do that first. Afterwards you can do Stone Prisoner, Warden's Keep or Return to Ostagar in any order really. I'd recommend Stone Prisoner first (for the extra party member), then Warden's Keep (for the new base to store items), and then Return to Ostagar. After that I would focus on the main game. Once you beat it perhaps you can do Darkspawn Chronicles. It's basically the final battle where you play as the enemy I believe (never played it myself). After that you can do either Golems of Amgarrak or Witch Hunt since they both take place after the main story. Dragon Age: Origins - Awakenings should probably be saved for last. It also takes place after the main game, but you can import your original Warden or make a new one for this DLC.

If anyone thinks I'm wrong about any of these please jump in and say so.

EDIT:
Well it seems Leliana's Song might have potential spoilers for the main game so I'm not sure if you'll want to do that first now (I haven't played this one myself, but it seems many people have said it contains spoilers for the main game). Chronologically it does take place before the main game, but you might want to save that for after you finish the story.

[quote name='jokoloko']My Origin friends list is barren, guys add me on there : Eggsandsteak[/QUOTE]Added. I'm also looking for people to add me, and I figure there should be a fair amount more of you because of the deals this week.

[quote name='SCMoney360']Any word on that credit that was suppose to come for crysis me from a couple of weeks back?

And any update on Vietnam dlc being included on the battlefield Bad Company day?[/QUOTE]

Maybe my questions don't get answered because it gets lost in the thread, so let me try again......

[quote name='SCMoney360']Maybe my questions don't get answered because it gets lost in the thread, so let me try again......[/QUOTE]

Sorry I thought I'd answered this. By the way, if you don't get an answer please PM me so I can respond directly. Those credits should be issued in the next couple of days (the delay on this was a communication breakdown on my part). To be clear we'll be issuing a $2 credit to everyone who ordered the game the day before or the day we changed the price.

Cheers,
Tony

The DLC came out in a strange order. But in order to not ruin the storyline, avoid spoilers, etc, something along these lines would work well. You can do any of the during-Origins DLC at any time, but they really feel and sound in-game to be geared towards early adventurers. Stone Prisoner at a minimum should be done before you go to Orzammar during the game.

BEGIN ORIGINS --> Stone Prisoner --> Warden's Keep --> Return to Ostagar --> END ORIGINS --> Darkspawn Chronicles --> Leilana's Song --> Golems of Amgarrak --> BEGIN AWAKENINGS --> END AWAKENINGS --> Witch Hunt

Notably, Witch Hunt is intended to be "canonically" the ending of the Dragon Age 1 story. Golems can actually go either after Awakenings (and before Witch Hunt) or before Awakenings. I personally think it fits better before Awakening because the level they sit you at with a fresh Warden (or importing a new one) is 20, which is just a tad lower than you will likely be at the end of Origins.

You can technically do Witch Hunt before Awakenings, but you cannot start Awakenings using a save file from the end of Witch Hunt.

So if I wanna gift Dragon Age to a friend, what are the instructions?

1. Register at Origin.com
2. Apply DAO:U and DA2 keys to Origin account
3. Register at Bioware.com (use same e-mail as Origin.com?)
4. Apply DAO:U and DA2 DLC keys to Bioware account

Is the DLC downloaded from Bioware.com as a separate installer? Or will it be available for download through Origin after registering it with Bioware?

Also what's the DRM like, Securom with activation limits?

[quote name='shytface']So if I wanna gift Dragon Age to a friend, what are the instructions?

Is the DLC downloaded from Bioware.com as a separate installer? Or will it be available for download through Origin after registering it with Bioware?

Also what's the DRM like, Securom with activation limits?[/QUOTE]

good questions! concerns like this are what makes steam so popular, you never have these questions - but now that I'm using Origin as well, I would like to know!

[quote name='shytface']So if I wanna gift Dragon Age to a friend, what are the instructions?

Also what's the DRM like, Securom with activation limits?[/QUOTE]

If you register your DAO Ultimate code at Origin, expect a HUGE 28 GB download for the entire thing -> DAO + Awakening + ALL DLC.

[quote name='MysterD']If you register your DAO Ultimate code at Origin, expect a HUGE 28 GB download for the entire thing -> DAO + Awakening + ALL DLC.[/QUOTE]

Haha yeah I was surprised how big it was. Though having about 5TB of space on my behemoth of a desktop it really didn't even make a dent. Either way I was thinking of putting it onto my laptop however and now I doubt I will seeing as it takes up so much space.

[quote name='kwirl']good questions! concerns like this are what makes steam so popular, you never have these questions - but now that I'm using Origin as well, I would like to know![/QUOTE]

I'm wondering the same thing. I've got them registered on Origin, but haven't figured out the DLC/Bioware site thing yet.

edit: So if I register DA:O Ultimate on Origin, do I not need the separate DLC code?

[quote name='kingtopher']I'm wondering the same thing. I've got them registered on Origin, but haven't figured out the DLC/Bioware site thing yet.

edit: So if I register DA:O Ultimate on Origin, do I not need the separate DLC code?[/QUOTE]

You should get TWO keys w/ DAO: Ultimate.
1 Key for DAO + Awakening.
1 Key for ALL 9 DLC's.

EDIT:
You have to activate your DLC on Bioware's website, through your Bioware Social account.

[quote name='MysterD']You should get TWO keys w/ DAO: Ultimate.
1 Key for DAO + Awakening.
1 Key for ALL 9 DLC's.

EDIT:
You have to activate your DLC on Bioware's website, through your Bioware Social account.[/QUOTE]

My DLC code didn't register on Origin. Should it have?

Ok, edit of my own:

So do you get a separate installer for the DLC or will it run through Origin once it has been activated?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sorry I thought I'd answered this. By the way, if you don't get an answer please PM me so I can respond directly. Those credits should be issued in the next couple of days (the delay on this was a communication breakdown on my part). To be clear we'll be issuing a $2 credit to everyone who ordered the game the day before or the day we changed the price.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Tony,

how about the second question regarding Vietnam?

[quote name='SCMoney360']Tony,

how about the second question regarding Vietnam?[/QUOTE]

I don't have anything I can announce around BFBC2 Vietnam, but I'll put an update up if this changes.

Cheers,
Tony

I have one $5 off coupon that I'm thinking of using on one of these EA games this week. Can anybody tell me which (if any) of these games REQUIRE that you use Origin to run them? I have an Origin account, so it's not a deal breaker for any game if I had to use Origin, but I'd prefer not having to use that service if I can avoid it.

[quote name='kingtopher']My DLC code didn't register on Origin. Should it have?[/quote]
Nope.
You have to activate your DLC code on your Bioware Social account.
If you don't have a Bioware Social account, you'll need to register for one to activate the DLC.

So do you get a separate installer for the DLC or will it run through Origin once it has been activated?
If you activate your first DAO Ultimate Code via Origin, it'll download the entire 28 GB package w/ EVERYTHING [DAO + Awakening + ALL 9 DLC's].
Check your game folder, once it's all downloaded - it ALL Should be there.

You're not done.
You'll still have to ACTIVATE your DLC key on your Bioware Social account, or else the DLC won't work.

[quote name='kwirl']good questions! concerns like this are what makes steam so popular, you never have these questions - but now that I'm using Origin as well, I would like to know![/QUOTE]

You have to register the DLC at BioWare regardless of where you buy it. I've got DAO:UE on Steam and it's exactly the same.

[quote name='hal']You have to register the DLC at BioWare regardless of where you buy it. I've got DAO:UE on Steam and it's exactly the same.[/QUOTE]
I bought DAO:UE on Steam, as well.
I started the DL...and then suddenly paused the DL.
That was just so I could get the game keys for DAO Ultimate and DLC content.
Wrote them 2 keys down.
Deleted the little bit Steam download. :D

Jumped on Origin, activated DAO Ultimate game key.
Did the 28 GB download for everything.

Jumped on Bioware Social, activated DLC content key through there.
Make sure in your Processes, DAUpdaterSVC is running in the background - b/c that is what you need running to activate your DLC, when you run the game.
While in-game, sign into your Bioware Social Account and it should activate the DLC.

[quote name='MysterD']If you register your DAO Ultimate code at Origin, expect a HUGE 28 GB download for the entire thing -> DAO + Awakening + ALL DLC.[/QUOTE]
28 Gigs, dear lord. Didn't expect that (I have the HD Space, it's gonna take a long time for me to download it :lol:).

I am saving DA:O till I am done with Kingdoms of Amaluar anyway and I need an RPG fix.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']28 Gigs, dear lord. Didn't expect that (I have the HD Space, it's gonna take a long time for me to download it :lol:).

I am saving DA:O till I am done with Kingdoms of Amaluar anyway and I need an RPG fix.[/QUOTE]

DAO took me around 105 hours to finish.
Awakening was about another 30 hours.

I really can't speak on most of the DLC - I still ain't got around to touching most of it.

DAO is more than just a RPG fix....it's a time-sink masterpiece.

I tried to send you a PM, but the system is really wonky for me. I accidentally deleted a $5 code that I got from Dungeon Siege 3. Is there anyway I can get that back? Thanks in advance.

[quote name='Womps']I tried to send you a PM, but the system is really wonky for me. I accidentally deleted a $5 code that I got from Dungeon Siege 3. Is there anyway I can get that back? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

I got your PM and replied, did you get it?

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Womps']I tried to send you a PM, but the system is really wonky for me. I accidentally deleted a $5 code that I got from Dungeon Siege 3. Is there anyway I can get that back? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Contact Amazon support. That's all you can do to get the code back.

Hey there kwirl,

Got your PM earlier, did you get my response, I'm concerned that my PMs might not be going through...

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='MysterD']DAO took me around 105 hours to finish.
Awakening was about another 30 hours.

I really can't speak on most of the DLC - I still ain't got around to touching most of it.

DAO is more than just a RPG fix....it's a time-sink masterpiece.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I own DA:O, I didn't own Awakening until today (I bought Dragon Age at launch). After Kingdoms of Amaluar and Mass Effect 3 I am going to start Dragon Age again, a nice freshly modded version of Dragon Age that is.

I didn't know Awakenings was that big, holy shit. Explains the 28 gigs.

Tony,

When should we get a sneak peek about the last week of January sale. Even if it is only a theme.... like you did last week stating EA Week next week. This may slightly influence our purchases this week.

[quote name='bwrobins']Tony,

When should we get a sneak peek about the last week of January sale. Even if it is only a theme.... like you did last week stating EA Week next week. This may slightly influence our purchases this week.[/QUOTE]

If that's the case, I doubt we'll be told until EA week is almost over.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']
I didn't know Awakenings was that big, holy shit. Explains the 28 gigs.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for mentioning the size. My download was originally 12 GB; then I remembered I forgot to register the DLC! Now the GBs are flowing in :cool:

[quote name='MarkHawk']Im still confused on how you get the coupon. Can someone mind point out where those details are?[/QUOTE]
Last year, amazon had a promo for games they sold, they would give a $5 promo that would not stack to any games that were eligible.

FYI guys, still haven't received any PMs with potential topics for a Facebook video game discussion. If anyone's interested shoot me a message let me know and I'll get one posted tomorrow :). I was thinking we could start with something pretty simple but relevant like:

"What are you playing now?"
"What is your backlog like after the holiday sales? And what was your best pickup?"
"What new release of 2012 are you most excited about?"

Any opinions?

[quote name='bwrobins']Tony,

When should we get a sneak peek about the last week of January sale. Even if it is only a theme.... like you did last week stating EA Week next week. This may slightly influence our purchases this week.[/QUOTE]

I'll be tossing out an update on Thursday or Friday this week. Still hammering out details. As always though, what I recommend is that, if you see a deal you think is awesome I'd jump on it :)

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']the only downer to this deal? origin, worst spyware ever, be smart guys, don't install that shit on your pcs[/QUOTE]

debunked buddy :) try to keep up, the origin/spyware stories were clarified i believe 8-9 pages ago

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI guys, still haven't received any PMs with potential topics for a Facebook video game discussion. If anyone's interested shoot me a message let me know and I'll get one posted tomorrow :). I was thinking we could start with something pretty simple but relevant like:

"What is your backlog like after the holiday sales? And what was your best pickup?"

Any opinions?[/QUOTE]

My brain shuts down whenever anyone mentions facebook, I seriously had a hard time reading your post through 100% because of that lol.

[quote name='sunghost']My brain shuts down whenever anyone mentions facebook, I seriously had a hard time reading your post through 100% because of that lol.[/QUOTE]

Alright alright, I hear you ;). Unless I get some overwhelming response about doing this kind of discussion you won't hear about Facebook again until we start using it to let you guys win stuff :)...yes that was me, giving you a glimpse into the future.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Alright alright, I hear you ;). Unless I get some overwhelming response about doing this kind of discussion you won't hear about Facebook again until we start using it to let you guys win stuff :)...yes that was me, giving you a glimpse into the future.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Ohhhhh no. You won't sucker me into that downward spiral!

... Okay maybe once for free stuff... or twice... Err-... :booty:

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI guys, still haven't received any PMs with potential topics for a Facebook video game discussion. If anyone's interested shoot me a message let me know and I'll get one posted tomorrow :). I was thinking we could start with something pretty simple but relevant like:

Any opinions?[/QUOTE]

you are only going to get so much feedback from gamers trying to out e-peen each other before they get tired of those topics and move on :p you are going to have to turn the heat up a bit if you want people to keep reading. Remember, as gamers, our attention spans have been eroded to the point of non-existence as we evolve into the perfect consumers.

in my opinion, the only way you are going to get gamers seriously involved in those discussions is to throw in something debatable. Or, include pictures of babies kicking wild animals in the coconuts. for reasons i don't understand, those seem to get a lot of attention, too.

"If you could replace any video game's end boss with Justin Bieber, which game would you want to beat the most, mortal kombat excluded because executing a mortal kombat fatality on the bieber would obviously be the most played game in the world, so we are essentially looking for a second place finish"

[quote name='kwirl']you are only going to get so much feedback from gamers trying to out e-peen each other before they get tired of those topics and move on :p you are going to have to turn the heat up a bit if you want people to keep reading. Remember, as gamers, our attention spans have been eroded to the point of non-existence as we evolve into the perfect consumers.

in my opinion, the only way you are going to get gamers seriously involved in those discussions is to throw in something debatable. Or, include pictures of babies kicking wild animals in the coconuts. for reasons i don't understand, those seem to get a lot of attention, too.

"If you could replace any video game's end boss with Justin Bieber, which game would you want to beat the most, mortal kombat excluded because executing a mortal kombat fatality on the bieber would obviously be the most played game in the world, so we are essentially looking for a second place finish"[/QUOTE]

You couldn't even pay me to play a game with that kid in it, let alone discuss a topic concerning him.

While I agree with your base argument, you closed terribly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back