Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sure thing, I actually addressed your question about adding games to the list earlier.

Basically we were done collecting sales data after about the first week in January (the 6th). What we did last week was take that sales data and apply a weighting system to it. For example, we didn't think it was fair to exclude games like Sonic and ANNO from the "Best Sellers of 2011" list simply because they were released so late in the year. So we backed into what their sales rank would have looked like based on a whole battery of metrics, including things like initial sales, how they performed under promotion, etc. Developing this kind of curve and applying it in a way that makes sense isn't easy, nor something we wanted to do back of the napkin style.

The reason you're still seeing stuff added (although I can tell you the list should now be finalized) is because we've all been pretty slammed post holiday doing things like setting up these promotions, getting emails set up for them, etc.

Hope that makes sense, sorry you didn't see the initial response to this, if it doesn't let me know and I'll gladly try and add clarity.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

So are you guys done adding games to the list?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sure thing, I actually addressed your question about adding games to the list earlier.

Basically we were done collecting sales data after about the first week in January (the 6th). What we did last week was take that sales data and apply a weighting system to it. For example, we didn't think it was fair to exclude games like Sonic and ANNO from the "Best Sellers of 2011" list simply because they were released so late in the year. So we backed into what their sales rank would have looked like based on a whole battery of metrics, including things like initial sales, how they performed under promotion, etc. Developing this kind of curve and applying it in a way that makes sense isn't easy, nor something we wanted to do back of the napkin style.

The reason you're still seeing stuff added (although I can tell you the list should now be finalized) is because we've all been pretty slammed post holiday doing things like setting up these promotions, getting emails set up for them, etc.

Hope that makes sense, sorry you didn't see the initial response to this, if it doesn't let me know and I'll gladly try and add clarity.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Well now you are just making me feel bad for missing that post. Way to go tony, way to go.

But seriously, thanks for clearing that up.

so, i went to pizza hut to get my gf a pizza, cuz you know, 10 dollars for any pizza is sweet. when i get there, i'm waiting for the oven and the conversation of video games came up. one of the waitresses mentioned that she had just bought alice madness returns for the pc. i was like oh really? i just got it too, for 2.49 you can't beat the price.

so i started explaining the cag forums and amazon, by the time i left the store i was talking to the entire on-duty wait staff and the line cook, lol.

video games rule.

So I bought BC2 and when I went into Origin to activate it it gave me the option to redeem it for either BC2 or BC2 Digital Deluxe Edition. So I chose the latter, it said i had to go to an EA game key webpage, so I did and activated it there, and it gave me the deluxe edition. Pretty sweet deal getting a game that Origin sells for $50 for $6.99.

[quote name='smokeyjoey8']So I bought BC2 and when I went into Origin to activate it it gave me the option to redeem it for either BC2 or BC2 Digital Deluxe Edition. So I chose the latter, it said i had to go to an EA game key webpage, so I did and activated it there, and it gave me the deluxe edition. Pretty sweet deal getting a game that Origin sells for $50 for $6.99.[/QUOTE]

indeed it is! and don't let the haterade fool you, bc2 is an awesome game, the only problem being that they didn't expect people to enjoy it so much, so you kind of top out your skills and upgrades too early, and find yourself at level 30 wondering why there's nothing left to unlock :(

but if you enjoy bc2, then bf3 is a great experience, too - once you get past your utter loathing of the battlelog system

[quote name='smokeyjoey8']So I bought BC2 and when I went into Origin to activate it it gave me the option to redeem it for either BC2 or BC2 Digital Deluxe Edition. So I chose the latter, it said i had to go to an EA game key webpage, so I did and activated it there, and it gave me the deluxe edition. Pretty sweet deal getting a game that Origin sells for $50 for $6.99.[/QUOTE]

You get to redeem BC2 Digital Deluxe Edition?

It says on this Origin page that BC2 Digital Deluxe Edition includes BC2 Vietnam as well:

http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/pd/productID.165578400/sac.true

70662_936x287_EN.jpg

That is a more than a great deal if this is correct!

Don't let Origin fool you guys, when you ingame, BC2 ask you Vietnam DLC code, if you don't own it, you just get which you paid for, it is BC vanilla. Cheers!

Really? I mean, the Origin page for the Digital Deluxe clearly states it comes with Vietnam, and the Digital Deluxe was what my key from amazon was redeemed as, so that should mean I get Vietnam. I guess I'll find out when this thing finishes updating.

Edit: just saw the post above mine. That sucks. Sorry for getting anybody's hopes up.

So I just got an email from amazon saying they are giving me a new Dead Space 2 key which I already redeemed on origin. Anyone get this as well or know what it's about? If your code worked in origin is this essentially getting another code free?

Hello,

We're contacting you about order #xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx for "Dead Space 2." We recently learned of an issue with the product key that resulted in an error when trying to activate your game. We're very sorry about this.

As a result, we've replaced your product key. You can find your new product key in Your Games & Software Library (http://www.amazon.com/YourGamesandSoftware).

To activate your game, launch "Dead Space 2" and enter your new product key when prompted.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
Amazon.com

Please note: this e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

[quote name='pROvIs']So I just got an email from amazon saying they are giving me a new Dead Space 2 key which I already redeemed on origin. Anyone get this as well or know what it's about? If your code worked in origin is this essentially getting another code free?[/QUOTE]

I got the same email, not sure why they replaced our keys.. but it is essentially looking like we got an extra for free. Tony, any idea why this happened? I registered my original Dead Space 2 key in Origin and never had any issues. In any case, I'm willing to trade it for a $5 promo code if anyone's interested lol.

I've read that Dead Space 2 from Amazon doesn't come with Sir Isaac Armor for DA2, so maybe you are getting that key ?

I've got BFBC2 from Origin store sometime ago when it was $4.95 and redeemed the DDE and installed it but when I tried to login BC2 or Vietnam from within the game it said the key is not valid so I contacted EA chat help and they gave me another key for BC2 that logged in fine but Vietnam didn't so I told the chat rep and she gave me another key for Vietnam :applause:

I didn't cheat them coz I didn't know Vietnam should be purchased separately

[quote name='r9800pro']I've read that Dead Space 2 from Amazon doesn't come with Sir Isaac Armor for DA2, so maybe you are getting that key ?

I've got BFBC2 from Origin store sometime ago when it was $4.95 and redeemed the DDE and installed it but when I tried to login BC2 or Vietnam from within the game it said the key is not valid so I contacted EA chat help and they gave me another key for BC2 that logged in fine but Vietnam didn't so I told the chat rep and she gave me another key for Vietnam :applause:

I didn't cheat them coz I didn't know Vietnam should be purchased separately[/QUOTE]

well thats what i like about EA/Origin, i looooove their support team,very friendly and willing to help customers.

[quote name='r9800pro']I've read that Dead Space 2 from Amazon doesn't come with Sir Isaac Armor for DA2, so maybe you are getting that key ?

I didn't cheat them coz I didn't know Vietnam should be purchased separately[/QUOTE]
Now that you know, you should go back and tell them. ;)

BFBC2 downloading! YEAH!!!

Well in other forum i usually visit, some people had problems with the activation of the game, they activated the game in origin but when they tried to activate with the same key inside the game they got an error. I think that's the reason why they are sending us new keys.

[quote name='konzen30']well thats what i like about EA/Origin, i looooove their support team,very friendly and willing to help customers.[/QUOTE]

The sarcasm is strong in this one!

Has anyone tried actually installing Dead Space 2 with the original key as activated on Origin? Mine seemed to activate ok and shows up in my list, but I wonder if that's when it will break...

/edit haha just saw the post above... :)

[quote name='bareacalero']Well in other forum i usually visit, some people had problems with the activation of the game, they activated the game in origin but when they tried to activate with the same key inside the game they got an error. I think that's the reason why they are sending us new keys.[/QUOTE]

What forum/thread was that? I wasn't aware that the key needed to be "activated" after installing/playing the game too.. I need to try that to make sure if there's nothing wrong with my original key.

EDIT: I found this post on the EA forums.. so bareacalero might be right. http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/7957868.page

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pROvIs']So I just got an email from amazon saying they are giving me a new Dead Space 2 key which I already redeemed on origin. Anyone get this as well or know what it's about? If your code worked in origin is this essentially getting another code free?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sunghost']I got the same email, not sure why they replaced our keys.. but it is essentially looking like we got an extra for free. Tony, any idea why this happened? I registered my original Dead Space 2 key in Origin and never had any issues. In any case, I'm willing to trade it for a $5 promo code if anyone's interested lol.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='konzen30']got an email too about replacing dead space 2 key , ok wth?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='konzen30']well thats what i like about EA/Origin, i looooove their support team,very friendly and willing to help customers.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bareacalero']Well in other forum i usually visit, some people had problems with the activation of the game, they activated the game in origin but when they tried to activate with the same key inside the game they got an error. I think that's the reason why they are sending us new keys.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dark-star']The sarcasm is strong in this one!

Has anyone tried actually installing Dead Space 2 with the original key as activated on Origin? Mine seemed to activate ok and shows up in my list, but I wonder if that's when it will break...

/edit haha just saw the post above... :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sunghost']What forum/thread was that? I wasn't aware that the key needed to be "activated" after installing/playing the game too.. I need to try that to make sure if there's nothing wrong with my original key.

EDIT: I found this post on the EA forums.. so bareacalero might be right. http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/7957868.page[/QUOTE]

Hi guys,

Sorry for the confusion here. There was an issue with some Dead Space 2 keys that didn't manifest itself until after the game was downloaded, during the installation process.

Our solution to this problem was to replace the keys that had issues with new keys, these are now located in your Games and Software Library and have replaced the old keys.

If you've already activated your game on Origin, but haven't installed yet, it is OK, just use the key that is currently in your games and software library when prompted during the installation process.

Let me know if you have any questions.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Hi guys,

Sorry for the confusion here. There was an issue with some Dead Space 2 keys that didn't manifest itself until after the game was downloaded, during the installation process.

Our solution to this problem was to replace the keys that had issues with new keys, these are now located in your Games and Software Library and have replaced the old keys.

If you've already activated your game on Origin, but haven't installed yet, it is OK, just use the key that is currently in your games and software library when prompted during the installation process.

Let me know if you have any questions.

[/QUOTE]

Wait, let me make sure I'm understanding this correctly. I cannot activate with the key I have stored in Origin and I will have to look on Amazon whenever I want to activate? I know its not something I will have to go through often but if thats the case I am not OK with the solution. The whole point of activating on Origin for me is to use it as a game/key manager of sorts, so I do not have to login to a different site to activate/install a game.

[quote name='pROvIs']Wait, let me make sure I'm understanding this correctly. I cannot activate with the key I have stored in Origin and I will have to look on Amazon whenever I want to activate? I know its not something I will have to go through often but if thats the case I am not OK with the solution. The whole point of activating on Origin for me is to use it as a game/key manager of sorts, so I do not have to login to a different site to activate/install a game.[/QUOTE]

Make sure your old key works first. I installed then launched the game and activated my old key perfectly, which leaves me with an extra key from Amazon. You may not even need to use it. Not all keys had issues.

[quote name='leung19']BBC2 which is better? PC or 360?[/QUOTE]

Up until a few months ago I would have said PC hands down for multiplayer community alone. I don't imagine that is too active now with BF3 though, so it makes it a bit of a wash. In single player PC will look better but you may prefer to play it from the couch. Or connect your PC to your TV like me and enjoy the best of both worlds :).

[quote name='pROvIs']Up until a few months ago I would have said PC hands down for multiplayer community alone. I don't imagine that is too active now with BF3 though, so it makes it a bit of a wash. In single player PC will look better but you may prefer to play it from the couch. Or connect your PC to your TV like me and enjoy the best of both worlds :).[/QUOTE]

thanks for ur help, how action is BBC2 online on PC? Since i dont have xbox live yet, maybe it is better deal on PC? Plus i just bought the 360 copy from GS

[quote name='leung19']thanks for ur help, how action is BBC2 online on PC? Since i dont have xbox live yet, maybe it is better deal on PC? Plus i just bought the 360 copy from GS[/QUOTE]

If you are interested in multiplayer at all, I would go with PC.

I don't mean to pry (well, yes I do), but any chance we might be able to get a peek at any additional deals this month if they've been pretty finalized? ^_^

[quote name='ACruncher']Now that you know, you should go back and tell them. ;)

BFBC2 downloading! YEAH!!![/QUOTE]

That was not necessary as I also got 3 free BFBC2 DDE from Sapphire Select Club as a Gold Member and I gave away 2 Full copies and the 3rd one was for only BC2. I kept Vietnam Key + Bonus Items key that was included :lol:

[quote name='pROvIs']Wait, let me make sure I'm understanding this correctly. I cannot activate with the key I have stored in Origin and I will have to look on Amazon whenever I want to activate? I know its not something I will have to go through often but if thats the case I am not OK with the solution. The whole point of activating on Origin for me is to use it as a game/key manager of sorts, so I do not have to login to a different site to activate/install a game.[/QUOTE]

You would just need to do it one time. You made the effort to complete a purchase from Amazon, right ? It will need a simple copy/paste ;)

[quote name='r9800pro']
You would just need to do it one time. You made the effort to complete a purchase from Amazon, right ? It will need a simple copy/paste ;)[/QUOTE]

One time per install. Like I said its not so much that it is a hassle now, its that I will have to look one more place for my CD Key which I shouldn't have to.

Edit: I just finished my download and used the original key and it activated fine before launching the game. Does that mean my original key was good?

[quote name='pROvIs']One time per install. Like I said its not so much that it is a hassle now, its that I will have to look one more place for my CD Key which I shouldn't have to.

Edit: I just finished my download and used the original key and it activated fine before launching the game. Does that mean my original key was good?[/QUOTE]

If you can actually play the game.. yes, that means your original key is good lol. If the activation wizard thing activates with that key, it should be fine. I think Amazon took the best approach possible to resolving the problem.. all of us that never had any issues to begin with got an extra free key, and the people that had problems got a new key.

[quote name='sunghost']If you can actually play the game.. yes, that means your original key is good lol. If the activation wizard thing activates with that key, it should be fine. I think Amazon took the best approach possible to resolving the problem.. all of us that never had any issues to begin with got an extra free key, and the people that had problems got a new key.[/QUOTE]

Haven't tested that yet ;) Just if I could launch it. I know your comment is in good humor and a bit facetious in nature but I would have also assumed that if my original key activated in Origin I would be fine. Either way it works. Now to decide what to do with an extra key. Thanks Amazon!

Incidentally, I think this is the 4th time this year that I have got an extra copy of a game code from a retailer. Batman AC for Steam, Modern Warfare 3, and Saints Row 3. Now Dead Space 2. Keep messing things up retailers/distributors, please :).

[quote name='pROvIs']Haven't tested that yet ;) Just if I could launch it. I know your comment is in good humor and a bit facetious in nature but I would have also assumed that if my original key activated in Origin I would be fine. Either way it works. Now to decide what to do with an extra key. Thanks Amazon!

Incidentally, I think this is the 4th time this year that I have got an extra copy of a game code from a retailer. Batman AC for Steam, Modern Warfare 3, and Saints Row 3. Now Dead Space 2. Keep messing things up retailers/distributors, please :).[/QUOTE]

I believed the same thing, I thought that if the key activated in Origin that it meant the key was valid and that there was nothing wrong with it. Didn't realize that you had to activate it again after installing it.. Kind of ridiculous that the game requires you do to that.

[quote name='sunghost']I believed the same thing, I thought that if the key activated in Origin that it meant the key was valid and that there was nothing wrong with it. Didn't realize that you had to activate it again after installing it.. Kind of ridiculous that the game requires you do to that.[/QUOTE]

It's because Origin is a download/game management solution not a DRM solution like Steam. As far as I can tell you can launch all the games you download independent of Origin. I know its lame but people would probably complain more if it was a full DRM solution.

[quote name='pROvIs']It's because Origin is a download/game management solution not a DRM solution like Steam. As far as I can tell you can launch all the games you download independent of Origin. I know its lame but people would probably complain more if it was a full DRM solution.[/QUOTE]

'Course they would, it's Origin. :lol:

[quote name='littlebigphallus']I have 1 coupon left...Should I get Crysis Maximum or Crysis 2?[/QUOTE]

Great question! Very hard to chose between the two.
As someone who owns Both Crysis Max and Crysis 2 and loves both games, I would say get BOTH. However, if you have to chose, then get Crysis Max only because of the fact it comes with 2 games. But imo, if you want a more epic, linear story, get Crysis 2.

[quote name='littlebigphallus']I have 1 coupon left...Should I get Crysis Maximum or Crysis 2?[/QUOTE]Crysis 1 surprised the hell out of me by how much I enjoyed it. The game is massive, is open and a ton of fun. Couldn't recommend it more. Crysis Warhead is still the same game, but they put more attention to the gun play and making it more of a shooter.

Crysis 2 is fun, but linear. If I had to choose I would pick Crysis 1 everytime.

Does crysis me activate on origin? I know people were having issues last time it was on sale. Wondering if there was a solution since then. I read warhead activates on origin but vanilla crysis doesn't?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I never even tried my "old" key to see if it was good...but I'm just happy to have a good key, don't really have use for an extra.[/QUOTE]

How do you even find your old key to try? o.o

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Does crysis me activate on origin? I know people were having issues last time it was on sale. Wondering if there was a solution since then. I read warhead activates on origin but vanilla crysis doesn't?[/QUOTE]

This has been discussed every few pages. It has been this way since origin launched. You cannot register this game on origin officially. However, some have had luck using alternative older registration forms for the old EADM or through support. I was able to register my copy from a year ago on D2D no issues using the old EADM method.

[quote name='jacerx']How do you even find your old key to try? o.o[/QUOTE]

I don't think you can, unless you registered it on Origin before Amazon replaced them with new keys.

[quote name='littlebigphallus']I have 1 coupon left...Should I get Crysis Maximum or Crysis 2?[/QUOTE]Why not get both? Look at it this way: Crysis Max is $7.49 and Crysis 2 is $9.99, so the two together with $5 off one of them is only $12.48. Treat it like a pair of $2.50 coupons.

I was going to buy Crysis 2 for $9.99 on NYE, but if I can pick up both that and Bulletstorm for $12 with my one coupon, why not?

[quote name='kwirl']so, i went to pizza hut to get my gf a pizza, cuz you know, 10 dollars for any pizza is sweet. when i get there, i'm waiting for the oven and the conversation of video games came up. one of the waitresses mentioned that she had just bought alice madness returns for the pc. i was like oh really? i just got it too, for 2.49 you can't beat the price.

so i started explaining the cag forums and amazon, by the time i left the store i was talking to the entire on-duty wait staff and the line cook, lol.

video games rule.[/QUOTE]

But how was the pizza?!

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Does crysis me activate on origin? I know people were having issues last time it was on sale. Wondering if there was a solution since then. I read warhead activates on origin but vanilla crysis doesn't?[/QUOTE]While it may register through luck or randomness with chat support or alternate EA sites, my guess is isn't really supposed to. I've tried everything at this point and still don't have it on Origin.

HOWEVER, Origin is not a requirement in the least. You can still play it by downloading it through Amazon. Origin registration is just a bonus if you can get it to happen.

I just bought BC2 for $2.17. Tony, thanks again for the deals!

I also wanted to let people know, if you try to activate the BC2 NON-Deluxe version via Origin, it won't work [I'm guessing I can activate it via chatting with Origin]. I wanted this option because these deals are starting to hurt my hard drive space [6 GB vs 15 GB]. Anyways, I'm downloading the game from Amazon; I'll probably activate the Deluxe version on Origin at a later date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back