Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='UW_Shocks']Great question! Very hard to chose between the two.
As someone who owns Both Crysis Max and Crysis 2 and loves both games, I would say get BOTH. However, if you have to chose, then get Crysis Max only because of the fact it comes with 2 games. But imo, if you want a more epic, linear story, get Crysis 2.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Maynard']Crysis 1 surprised the hell out of me by how much I enjoyed it. The game is massive, is open and a ton of fun. Couldn't recommend it more. Crysis Warhead is still the same game, but they put more attention to the gun play and making it more of a shooter.

Crysis 2 is fun, but linear. If I had to choose I would pick Crysis 1 everytime.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DirkBelig']Why not get both? Look at it this way: Crysis Max is $7.49 and Crysis 2 is $9.99, so the two together with $5 off one of them is only $12.48. Treat it like a pair of $2.50 coupons.

I was going to buy Crysis 2 for $9.99 on NYE, but if I can pick up both that and Bulletstorm for $12 with my one coupon, why not?[/QUOTE]

Well, both it is then :p
Thanks!

[quote name='Jim Beam']FYI I just bought Medal of Honor, does not activate on Steam.[/QUOTE]
Of course it doesn't, it's an EA game.
EA games register up Origin.

hmm buy now or wait for next weeks sales, that is the question :p (though even without the coupon some prices are pretty good) Oh yea, meant to ask, will Amazon ever get Skyrim as a download? thanks

[quote name='Larce80']hmm buy now or wait for next weeks sales, that is the question :p (though even without the coupon some prices are pretty good) Oh yea, meant to ask, will Amazon ever get Skyrim as a download? thanks[/QUOTE]

Amazon Download Service hasn't inked a deal with Zenimax/Bethesda, AFAIK.
I complained a while back about their lack of PC downloads for Zenimax/Bethesda games - i.e. Brink, Rage, and Skyrim, some months back.

I complained a while back about their lack of Warner Bros games, as well - i.e. Bastion and FEAR 3.

I'm not sure if someone asked this already, but do the $5 promo code stack? If I input two promo codes in my account now would I be able to get Crysis 2 for free?

[quote name='DropZite']I'm not sure if someone asked this already, but do the $5 promo code stack? If I input two promo codes in my account now would I be able to get Crysis 2 for free?[/QUOTE]

No, I'm afraid that they don't stack.

[quote name='DropZite']I'm not sure if someone asked this already, but do the $5 promo code stack? If I input two promo codes in my account now would I be able to get Crysis 2 for free?[/QUOTE]

No, you will just have a $5 credit sitting in your account waiting for another eligible title and both of your codes will be considered used.

[quote name='jester55']After purchasing Battlefield Bad Company 2 go the following link 1st and enter your EA account info and your Amazon product key for BC2 and you will receive the Deluxe Version which includes the Vietnam DLC without any issues! :bouncy:

https://activate.ea.com/applyentitlement.do

After that, check Origin and you will see that you have the Deluxe Version. ;)[/QUOTE]

Ya, but you still can't play the Vietnam expansion without purchasing it. It only "pre-loads" the game.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Ya, but you still can't play the Vietnam expansion without purchasing it. It only "pre-loads" the game.[/QUOTE]

So, you did as the post stated and were still prompted for a Vietnam key?

FYI Updating OP. On Friday/Saturday we'll be selling ANNO 2070 for $34.99 before coupon - $29.99 after coupon.

I'll make sure to give you all an update regarding next week's deal tomorrow/Friday!

Alright everyone, regarding Crysis Maximum tomorrow, I've got an update.

First and foremost, thanks everyone for their patience while we worked through the confusion around whether or not Crysis will activate on Origin. The short answer is "No, but this won't affect your gameplay".
Just to let you guys know, the guys I work with over at EA have been working pretty much round the clock on this issue for the past week trying to run down a solution that works best for you all as customers. At the end of the day the process for getting these legacy games activated on Origin is really manual, and not a great experience for the end consumer. After walking through this process with them personally, I happen to agree. So, while you won’t be able to add Crysis to your Origin library at this time, this won’t affect your gameplay at all, and you’ll be able to re-download it at any time from your Amazon Games and Software Library.

The team at EA is working on a streamlined solution to have the ability to add these titles to the Origin library, but it is still a work In progress.

Sorry again for the confusion around this guys, thanks again for your understanding. As always please let me know if you have any questions.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI Updating OP. On Friday/Saturday we'll be selling ANNO 2070 for $34.99 before coupon - $29.99 after coupon.

I'll make sure to give you all an update regarding next week's deal tomorrow/Friday![/QUOTE]

Not much of a deal, I am afraid. And to add insult to an injury, the game is injected with DRM up to wazoo. I thought there was a law against selling DRM hormone-fed games to end users. If there is not, there should be.

[quote name='netscorer']Not much of a deal, I am afraid. And to add insult to an injury, the game is injected with DRM up to wazoo. I thought there was a law against selling DRM hormone-fed games to end users. If there is not, there should be.[/QUOTE]

Sorry you feel that way about the promo :(. It is definitely the lowest price the game has been in the market by $5% without the coupon but 15% with it and 40% off a new release (coupon price) seems pretty stellar to me...

I keep forgetting what the deal is with the DRM on this game since our policy around keys always makes conversations around activation limits a moot point in my head.

I hope you find some excitement in the other deals we'll have running over the next few days/weeks :). Thanks for the feedback, definitely helps me frame conversations in the future.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI Updating OP. On Friday/Saturday we'll be selling ANNO 2070 for $34.99 before coupon - $29.99 after coupon.

I'll make sure to give you all an update regarding next week's deal tomorrow/Friday![/QUOTE]

I'm in for that price - especially after the $10 gift credit I have from Bing Rewards.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='netscorer']Not much of a deal, I am afraid. And to add insult to an injury, the game is injected with DRM up to wazoo. I thought there was a law against selling DRM hormone-fed games to end users. If there is not, there should be.[/QUOTE]

I agree, I want to play the game but I'm not willing to pay that much. I was hoping for 15-20 before coupon. I will wait until it drops further.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
I hope you find some excitement in the other deals we'll have running over the next few days/weeks :). Thanks for the feedback, definitely helps me frame conversations in the future.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Just wondering Tony, the deals for next week would be like this week where every day is a new game on sale?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Alright everyone, regarding Crysis Maximum tomorrow, I've got an update.

First and foremost, thanks everyone for their patience while we worked through the confusion around whether or not Crysis will activate on Origin. The short answer is "No, but this won't affect your gameplay".
Just to let you guys know, the guys I work with over at EA have been working pretty much round the clock on this issue for the past week trying to run down a solution that works best for you all as customers. At the end of the day the process for getting these legacy games activated on Origin is really manual, and not a great experience for the end consumer. After walking through this process with them personally, I happen to agree. So, while you won’t be able to add Crysis to your Origin library at this time, this won’t affect your gameplay at all, and you’ll be able to re-download it at any time from your Amazon Games and Software Library.

The team at EA is working on a streamlined solution to have the ability to add these titles to the Origin library, but it is still a work In progress.

Sorry again for the confusion around this guys, thanks again for your understanding. As always please let me know if you have any questions.[/QUOTE]

Regardless, I appreciate the effort and up front communication. You're awesome man

Can't wait for the Crysis 2 deal. I have some Amazon credit and also that $5 coupon from the holiday sale last month. I think I get it for around $1-2, if not free.

I got the Dragon Age Bundle Free as well :bouncy:

Hi tony:

I already activated the old key for Dead Space 2 at Origin, will this old key be withdraw in future since I have another spare new key?

Cheers

[quote name='Luxuria']The game is still rather new. You guys really expect $15-$20 before coupon? Da faq?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I do. Anno has reviewed well but it's not a well known aaa game. Other games in the same level drop to those prices. Look at Saints Row 3 was $25 from thq with DLC and just $20 without at GMG or LOTR War in the North which sold for around $11 from GMG and around $20 at other places, or Batman AC which sold for $20-25 many times over the last month.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sorry you feel that way about the promo :(. It is definitely the lowest price the game has been in the market by $5% without the coupon but 15% with it and 40% off a new release (coupon price) seems pretty stellar to me...

I keep forgetting what the deal is with the DRM on this game since our policy around keys always makes conversations around activation limits a moot point in my head.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Though I admire Amazon's policy on reissuing keys for locked games, the DRM is not something that gamers should look kindly upon. In additional twist of irony we are having this conversation on the day when Internet (well, except for Amazon) is going black to protest yet another draconian law sponsored directly by the same media companies who would be glad to frame DRM as 'sweet sweet candy for gamers'.
Keep it up, Tony!

[quote name='pROvIs']Yes, I do. Anno has reviewed well but it's not a well known aaa game. Other games in the same level drop to those prices. Look at Saints Row 3 was $25 from thq with DLC and just $20 without at GMG or LOTR War in the North which sold for around $11 from GMG and around $20 at other places, or Batman AC which sold for $20-25 many times over the last month.[/QUOTE]

anno is a ubisoft game. enough said.

also, anno has a 3 time activation limit, even if you change your graphics card, it will take one activation away.

id stay away at any price.

[quote name='psynide']anno is a ubisoft game. enough said.

also, anno has a 3 time activation limit, even if you change your graphics card, it will take one activation away.

id stay away at any price.[/QUOTE]

Just to comment on the activation limit concern, it simply isn't valid when buying games from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

[quote name='pinkgun']Hi tony:

I already activated the old key for Dead Space 2 at Origin, will this old key be withdraw in future since I have another spare new key?

Cheers[/QUOTE]

Depends on your situation, can you play the game with your old key? If so, then you're good to go but that key is available only through Origin.

[quote name='mephistox3120']Can't wait for the Crysis 2 deal. I have some Amazon credit and also that $5 coupon from the holiday sale last month. I think I get it for around $1-2, if not free.

I got the Dragon Age Bundle Free as well :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Wooho free awesome games...is it bad that I'm in the same boat? Free Dragon Age Pack and soon to be free Crysis 2.

[quote name='jsunjones']Regardless, I appreciate the effort and up front communication. You're awesome man[/QUOTE]

Thanks Jsunjones! I love this community, it makes my job mondo fun :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='psynide']anno is a ubisoft game. enough said.

id stay away at any price.[/QUOTE]

Dead Island :)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Just to comment on the activation limit concern, it simply isn't valid when buying games from Amazon:

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Not my first time hearing you say this, but let me just say that I absolutely love how you guys just outright kill DRM. :D

[quote name='DropZite']Just wondering Tony, the deals for next week would be like this week where every day is a new game on sale?[/QUOTE]

Tony,

Can the transparency extend this far? *poke* *poke*

Any ideas and hints on what we might see next week?

About next week...
Will there be daily deals?
Or ONE deal all week?
OR BOTH?

[quote name='DropZite']Just wondering Tony, the deals for next week would be like this week where every day is a new game on sale?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bwrobins']Tony,

Can the transparency extend this far? *poke* *poke*[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MysterD']Any ideas on what we might see next week?

About next week...
Will there be daily deals?
Or ONE deal all week?
OR BOTH?[/QUOTE]

Har har! So far we've got 1 flagship game that will be 50% off before coupon all week (Sunday-Saturday) this will also be the lowest price this game has been on the market, but it won't be a torpedo-like deal cadence changing every day like you've seen this week. Anyone who missed out on $10 Sonic over the holiday period and still has a coupon will be able to get their blue hedgehog fix.

As for daily deals, you likely won't see any next week but we're working on rounding out the rest of the month with some fun offerings. That being said, I'm working on some dailies for next week, I just can't promise anything right now.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='jacerx']How do you even find your old key to try? o.o[/QUOTE]

I don't think you can. I think if you wrote it down/used it then you could but now it is lost in cyberspace.

Depends on your situation, can you play the game with your old key? If so, then you're good to go but that key is available only through Origin.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thank you Tony:applause:

I gotta another question with regard to buy Crysis Maximum from amazon, you said there is no way to activated Crysis Maximum at Origin at the moment, I suppose it includes talking to an EA customer service adviser?

Cheers

[quote name='pinkgun']Thank you Tony:applause:

I gotta another question with regard to buy Crysis Maximum from amazon, you said there is no way to activated Crysis Maximum at Origin at the moment, I suppose it includes talking to an EA customer service adviser?

Cheers[/QUOTE]

I was wondering that as well, it seems like a few people have had some luck activating at least one of the keys from Crysis Maximum using the alternate activation site. It seems like that wouldn't have changed.

Is there still a possibility that using the EADM activation site may work, or is there zero percent chance of it working?

[quote name='pinkgun']Thank you Tony:applause:

Cheers[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sunghost']I was wondering that as well, it seems like a few people have had some luck activating at least one of the keys from Crysis Maximum using the alternate activation site. It seems like that wouldn't have changed.

Is there still a possibility that using the EADM activation site may work, or is there zero percent chance of it working?[/QUOTE]

You're welcome.

In regards to your question, correct, I'd hold off until EA has developed a streamlined process for getting all of these legacy games activated on Origin. They definitely want the same thing you do, for your EA games to be on Origin, and they're putting a ton of effort into this initative.

I trust these guys to make it happen :) you should too, if I didn't think this was going to be a better experience for you down the road I'd tell you to contact EA CS and work through it...you can ask Z_Saber, I spent the past 3 weeks doing this on his behalf.

Basically your integration is just going to be better once a real fix is in place instead of an exception based work-around.

Question back at you so I make sure I'm fully understanding. What is the benefit of having it activated right now as opposed to later when the best systems are in place to support the transition?

P.S. I just fired up Shining Force II in the Genesis Collection I bought in November (or December?) oh sweet nostalgia, how I missed you.

Here's hoping that the deals before the end of the month impress.

2 coupons to go and no games really looking great to me at the moment.

Thanks again for bringing what you have thus far, T-Money.

[quote name='psunami']Here's hoping that the deals before the end of the month impress.

2 coupons to go and no games really looking great to me at the moment.

Thanks again for bringing what you have thus far, T-Money.[/QUOTE]

You know what I love about CAG? Messages like this...

Your message essentially is:

"Man none of these deals are what I want and I've got 2 of these coupons left to use."

but instead of ending it with:

"RAWR I am so madz!"

You end it with:

"Thanks for the great deals so far, even if they weren't for me".

I'll toss that thanks right back at you and the rest of CAG. Thanks for being passionate about gaming, thanks for wanting to get great deals on games, but most importantly, thanks for being so cool and welcoming.

Cheers,
Tony

Yeah a definite big thanks to you Tony. I have one coupon left after getting Alice (which was a great deal thanks!) and I'm so excited to see what next week's final deals are going to be that everything else I plan on buying at the deal price! (Crysis Maximum and Crysis 2) Thanks for being an awesome liasion.

The online bit of the Anno DRM is a bit annoying, but at least you don't get kicked out of your game if you lose connection - you just can't use the Ark bonuses, etc that are tied to the Ubi servers. The "3 machine changes" limit would be the real deal killer if it weren't for Amazon's generous policy, so it does make Amazon the retailer of choice for Anno.

Tony, can you try to let us know if Anno has TAGES DRM?

[quote name='Luxuria']The game is still rather new. You guys really expect $15-$20 before coupon? Da faq?[/QUOTE]
Haha well this is CAG after all.

Tony, a few questions for you. First, can you say how long the $51 price for Kingdoms of Amalur will last? Second, does Amazon charge immediately for DD pre-orders and can they be cancelled? Thanks.

Is there really a big advantage to adding Crysis to origin? I have origin already for BF3 but really if its totally stand-alone isnt that better?

[quote name='hal']The online bit of the Anno DRM is a bit annoying, but at least you don't get kicked out of your game if you lose connection - you just can't use the Ark bonuses, etc that are tied to the Ubi servers. The "3 machine changes" limit would be the real deal killer if it weren't for Amazon's generous policy, so it does make Amazon the retailer of choice for Anno.

Tony, can you try to let us know if Anno has TAGES DRM?

Haha well this is CAG after all.[/QUOTE]

I just kicked off an email asking this right now, will update with an answer as soon as I have one :).

[quote name='Killbomb']Tony, a few questions for you. First, can you say how long the $51 price for Kingdoms of Amalur will last? Second, does Amazon charge immediately for DD pre-orders and can they be cancelled? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I'll answer your questions backwards:

1. You aren't charged until we deliver some sort of bits. Meaning if the game has pre-load then we'll charge you when it is available for pre-load, if it doesn't, then you get charged at launch. Either way you aren't charged right now, and yes, you can cancel anytime.

2. We have a pre-order price guarantee so if we drop the price after you pre-order then you will get the "best" price we've offered. So if you order at $51 dollars and we change the price to $45 2 days before launch then you'll get charged $45, not $51.

Does this clarify?

Cheers,
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back