Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
used my last half coupon on crysis.
hopefully I'll be able to get a rep to add it to origin (and maybe if I'm super lucky, my retail spore and bf2 keys)

edit: crysis added, no go on my retail keys though :(

Just my luck, Origin live chat told me both my codes are invalid.

NVM, the last live chat guy was an idiot, this new person fixed my issues.

I wasn't really a PC gamer one bit, but then this thread changed me. I now own Dead Space 2, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Portal 2 and Civ IV GOTY. :D

[quote name='Rosterking']I wasn't really a PC gamer one bit, but then this thread changed me. I now own Dead Space 2, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Portal 2 and Civ IV GOTY. :D[/QUOTE]

Do you want more?

[quote name='jazyje']Well someone offered me 1 code for all these so I figured to put a disclaimer... Didn't mean any disrespect. Plus, I just looked up how much these currently sell on steam, which is not the same as MSRP...[/QUOTE]

I didn't take it as disrespect nor do I mean to come off rude, I'm just saying. It sucks to be lowballed, but at the same time people here know their prices/sales etc. well enough that whatever something might be selling at for on steam is pretty irrelevant when it comes to trading.

[quote name='Fonz72']Got Crysis activated through Origin Live Chat. Took about 5 minutes, worked pretty slick[/QUOTE]

Lucky. My activation took an hour and I think I had to create an account at every EA website in existence

I think I got stuck with an idiot rep :roll:

Please keep in mind that, per Tony, adding an Amazon-bought Crysis code to your Origin account involves some workaround nonsense on the part of whatever EA representative you happen to get a hold of. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they probably shouldn't be bending to our whims and activating all these copies like they are, though I'm certainly not complaining since I seemed to have benefited.

Just saying, we need to understand that this probably isn't supposed to work out like it has for some of us. If you get on EA/Origin chat support and they happen to make things happen, that's obviously really neat. If not, don't sweat it. Just because they won't make an exception and jump through hoops on their end doesn't mean you're getting screwed over, EA/Origin are the devil, and your rep sucks.

You can still play your games without Origin... unless it's Battlefield 3.

[quote name='fmz65']Tony, can I get an affirmative for seeing Space Marine at all?

If not I'm going to try to trade this code.[/QUOTE]

Sorry fmz! I totally thought I'd made this clear in earlier posts. We're probably going to run Space Marine (I hope) at one point in January, but it will likely not be at the crazy prices you've seen elsewhere.

That's why when the question came up originally I was really upfront about buying it at that crazy $12.50 pricepoint while it was up.

Really sorry that you didn't get this communication sooner.

Cheers,
Tony

Congrats Tony on getting the thread stickied. Also, that deal for Sonic Gen next week looks killer. Though I already have that, you can't beat it post-coupon.

[quote name='option.iv']Congrats Tony on getting the thread stickied. Also, that deal for Sonic Gen next week looks killer. Though I already have that, you can't beat it post-coupon.[/QUOTE]

Yes my wishes have been granted! *Looks for pricing*

edit:damn $15 before coupon I can wait.

Origin Live reps are hit or miss. Some just are clueless so end chat and look for someone else. Last person got my Crysis on Origin, but now that i finished downloading its in freaking German and only lets me install in German, Russian, or Turkish.

[quote name='jokoloko']Origin Live reps are hit or miss. Some just are clueless so end chat and look for someone else. Last person got my Crysis on Origin, but now that i finished downloading its in freaking German and only lets me install in German, Russian, or Turkish.[/QUOTE]

LMAO, that really sucks.. my rep had the courtesy to ask me if I wanted mine in english. Maybe you should learn german? ;)

I guess you have to ask another rep to remove it and add an english version for you, sounds like a lot of extra hassle.

So happy i stumbled upon this site, and used amazon over the holidays.
i got Alice,Mass Effect 1 and 2. Dead Space 1 and 2, Deus Ex, Just Cause 2, Shank, Kane and Lynch 2, GTA IV ,Red Faction Armageddon, Mafia 2, Duke Nukem, Civ 5...
All for

[quote name='sunghost']LMAO, that really sucks.. my rep had the courtesy to ask me if I wanted mine in english. Maybe you should learn german? ;)

I guess you have to ask another rep to remove it and add an english version for you, sounds like a lot of extra hassle.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I just did. First person on live chat basically told me lol you stuck with german version, so I went to live chat again and the next person said they reuploaded the English version to my account, but im going to have to redownload which is what im doing now. Hope its in english this time.

[quote name='Beefyheart']just got bulletstorm, couldn't redeem on ORIGIN. really blows if this happens to everyone[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's meant to register on Origin.. it uses GFWL. You could try contacting EA's live support though, and if you get lucky they'll add it.

[quote name='Beefyheart']just got bulletstorm, couldn't redeem on ORIGIN. really blows if this happens to everyone[/QUOTE]

It was never "actually" redeemable on Origin, talked to two reps, neither of which could add it to my account although others have had success. Eh whatever you can just download and install the game like normal from Amazon. I'll probably try at different hours, the tech support I'm getting now doesn't seem local.

[quote name='sunghost']I don't think it's meant to register on Origin.. it uses GFWL. You could try contacting EA's live support though, and if you get lucky they'll add it.[/QUOTE]
What is really the big deal w/ Origin on CAG? Most other PC gamers wouldn't touch Origin with a 10 foot pole. And I'd rather download from Amazon anyways. Less game clients I have to install the better.

really lame that quite a few EA games don't activate on origin. Yeah support said it won't activate on there but the dude could be lying or maybe not. looking at this thread people were having hit or miss when it came down to crysis

[quote name='Beefyheart']really lame that quite a few EA games don't activate on origin. Yeah support said it won't activate on there but the dude could be lying. looking at this thread people were having hit or miss when it came down to crisis[/QUOTE]

It doesn't activate on Origin, like I said it's a GFWL key. People had more luck with Crysis because they were actual Origin keys, so the guy was telling you the truth.

[quote name='Beefyheart']you answered your question yourself[/QUOTE]

Amazon doesn't seem to have a client you install. It's purely a downloader app as far as I can tell. And even if it's a full client install, I'd still rather use Amazon's over Origin.

[quote name='sunghost']It doesn't activate on Origin, like I said it's a GFWL key.[/QUOTE]

ah okay, good to know. will keep in mind for future purchases. To be honest no idea why I even bought this :) Already have it on the PS3 :drool:

[quote name='wolve']Amazon doesn't seem to have a client you install. It's purely a downloader app as far as I can tell. And even if it's a full client install, I'd still rather use Amazon's over Origin.[/QUOTE]

I've actually never tried downloading something off amazon before so sorry wasn't sure. As far as origin goes, i dislike it but I am forced to use it because of Battlefield 3 so might as well get more use out of it while I have it installed

[quote name='Beefyheart']I've actually never tried downloading something off amazon before so sorry wasn't sure. As far as origin goes, i dislike it but I am forced to use it because of Battlefield 3 so might as well get more use out of it while I have it installed[/QUOTE]

this.

Origin chat help can be a big mess sometimes.

Yesterday I contacted them to remove BF3 Beta from my account and although I contacted them from my account via Origin client, the rep asked me for birth date verification. I told her my date of birth and am sure it is the one I filled in years ago, then she came back saying it is wrong and that she can do nothing to help me ! :roll:

I have 4 Amazon codes now, 2 are tied to my account and 2 are unused, how many should I keep them Tony ? :lol:

you know, its not on the list, but i got an email from amazon today and i saw this. if you are an older gamer, for 20 dollars this is one hell of a lot of gameplay.

/nerd

[quote name='kwirl']you know, its not on the list, but i got an email from amazon today and i saw this. if you are an older gamer, for 20 dollars this is one hell of a lot of gameplay.

/nerd[/QUOTE]
Only problem is that they were cheaper from Gamersgate and GOG this holiday and those discs have problems with all the mods for them.

Odd question. With my bulletstorm download do I have to install it on the pc I intend to play it on? With steam I usually dl on a different machine, and move it over, as I don't like to leave my gaming pc running. Would there be any issues in downloading on one machine and moveing it over then installing? I have no intention of installing or playing from the one I'm using to dl

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Only problem is that they were cheaper from Gamersgate and GOG this holiday and those discs have problems with all the mods for them.[/QUOTE]

Really? They were cheaper at GOG? I thought they were about $5 each, making getting all 8 $40, vs. the $20 price tag on that collection.

Still, I'll likely refrain from picking up the collection and wait and pick them up at GOG sometime myself - I'd love to get them, but I have no time to play the millions of hours that I've heard they will require of me.

[quote name='INCyr']Really? They were cheaper at GOG? I thought they were about $5 each, making getting all 8 $40, vs. the $20 price tag on that collection.

Still, I'll likely refrain from picking up the collection and wait and pick them up at GOG sometime myself - I'd love to get them, but I have no time to play the millions of hours that I've heard they will require of me.[/QUOTE]
They were 2.50 each on Gamersgate and then they had that "buy 3 get one free" deal so I stocked up on the games they carried and then got the rest at GOG. The funny thing is that all of them, even the ones on that disc set, are the GOG versions.
If playing with mods doesn't interest you grab that set but there's so many mods that just fix things that I would rather have individual titles.

Bought bulletstorm. Can I ask why is everyone making big deal about activating the game on origin vs. activating it on GFWL? It's not like its steam! :lol:

[quote name='urmomlikesme']Bought bulletstorm. Can I ask why is everyone making big deal about activating the game on origin vs. activating it on GFWL? It's not like its steam! :lol:[/QUOTE]
It's easier to keep track and launch your games from a single client then have to find the individual game.

There's been many times I forgot I've owned a game until I started up Steam or Origin

[quote name='Jaysonguy']They were 2.50 each on Gamersgate and then they had that "buy 3 get one free" deal so I stocked up on the games they carried and then got the rest at GOG. The funny thing is that all of them, even the ones on that disc set, are the GOG versions.
If playing with mods doesn't interest you grab that set but there's so many mods that just fix things that I would rather have individual titles.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I missed that day. I would have grabbed a ton of games then. *sigh* Hopefully it won't be the last time they're on sale for that cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back