Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The End']I appreciate you taking the time to explain the activation process, but I've already activated a couple of Sims 3 games/DLC on Origin that I bought over on Steam. So I know the procedure. What I really want to know is if the Sims 3 deluxe pack comes with separate keys so I can activate the Ambitions DLC while selling the base game key to somebody who might want it.

Thanks anyway.[/QUOTE]

Ok, Sorry I misunderstood. I tried to do some looking, and saw this review referring to "keys" as in multiple - but I'm sure that's not the reassurance you are looking for.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Sims-3-Deluxe-Download/product-reviews/B0047T7MEW

[quote name='jsunjones']Ok, Sorry I misunderstood. I tried to do some looking, and saw this review referring to "keys" as in multiple - but I'm sure that's not the reassurance you are looking for.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Sims-3-Deluxe-Download/product-reviews/B0047T7MEW[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, the first review does say "keys". That certainly sounds like it's multiple keys. Of course, Tony can verify this for me and I still have a few days for him to do so, but at the moment, it looks good. Thanks. :)

[quote name='The End']Hey Tony, I have a question about the Sims 3 Deluxe pack coming up on the 28th.

First off, I assume that there will be keys which will allow activation on Origin, correct? If that is so, does the Sims 3 Deluxe (which contains both the base game as well as Ambitions) come with separate keys for each part? I already own the Sims 3 base game on origin so I have no interest in that part of the deluxe pack. But if there are separate keys for each part of the deluxe pack, then I might be able to organize a group buy with somebody who only wants the base game.

Or perhaps you could just put all the Sims 3 DLC on sale so I could buy it without having to go through all of that.[/QUOTE]

Since Amazon is having Sims 3 [base game], Sims 3: Generations expansion, and Sims 3: Deluxe Edition on sale [Deluxe contains Ambitions expansion + Sims 3 base]...
Why don't Amazon download ALSO put Ambitions alone on sale itself on that SAME DAY and onto the Best Sellers of 2011 List?
:p

[quote name='imentec']I know i'm just dreaming, but maybe one of the last sale days will be a 2k- sale day?
I just want Border GOTY :( .

Regards.[/QUOTE]

This would make me happy as well. Loved it on 360. Has to be better on pc.

[quote name='kendog1331']Hey Tony,
I am posting this here because I don't know who to contact Amazon on this matter. I had used a $5 promo code on Sonic Generations and when I checked out, my credit card was denied, because I forgot to use my new one. Then, Sonic Generations was removed from my cart. I then put it back into my cart, applied the code, and it said the code was already used even though I was not able to purchase with that code. I then had to use my other $5 promo code for Sonic Generations. I was wondering if I could somehow be redeemed for my code?[/QUOTE]

once you use a code, it applies it to your account (not directly to the thing in your basket)
try adding one of the other games to your cart and head to the checkout screen & it should be applying the stored discount

Thanks for the Mirror Edge price match Tony, been wanting to play this game for a while now. Also by any chance will you guys be planning some type of of bundle for ME1 and ME2 to celebrate the launch of ME3?

[quote name='pinkgun']Since on one confirmed, I presume you cant use coupon on mirror's edge which is 5 bucks currently, am I right?[/QUOTE]

Yes it is not on the bestsellers list.

[quote name='tominater12']Yes it is not on the bestsellers list.[/QUOTE]
Thank you for your confirmation:applause:

[quote name='kwirl']where do you see mirror's edge for 5 bucks? :( it still shows as 16.04 for me[/QUOTE]

It went back up in price, not sure why.. gamestop's price never went up so I would've thought amazon would've kept theirs at $5.

[quote name='sunghost']It went back up in price, not sure why.. gamestop's price never went up so I would've thought amazon would've kept theirs at $5.[/QUOTE]

damn, can't believe i missed that :( i've been on these amazon forums every few hours for the last couple weeks, as soon as i saw the post i started searching for it. not that interested in mirror's edge, but at 5 dollars i would have given it a go.

oh well, still waiting for NFS and Darkspore!

Any chance for NFS Prostreet becomes available to buy at Amz Game Download store? I really want this to complete my NFS Collection :(

[quote name='imentec']I know i'm just dreaming, but maybe one of the last sale days will be a 2k- sale day?
I just want Border GOTY :( .

Regards.[/QUOTE]

We will most definitely be running a Borderlands GOTY sale in the future, but not sure exactly when. It wasn't part of the Best Seller's of 2011 group so we didn't put a huge focus on it during January.

[quote name='solsovly']I figured out the problem. You can forward this to your techs if this will be useful.
1) I recently moved. My billing address is still my old location. However, I deleted that address from my shipping locations.
2) When checking out, the correct billing address would appear. When attempting to check out, I would be stuck in the loop of filling out the credit card information and going back to the check out screen.
3) To resolve, I went into my account, edited the billing address (did not change, I essentially just re-entered it)
4) Bought a game successfully :)
Looks like there's an issue when deleting a shipping address that is also a billing address. My case is probably unique since I had no plans to change the billing address.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, I sent this over to our tech team for review. That is an interesting use-case, thanks for taking the time to detail it out.

[quote name='The End']Hey Tony, I have a question about the Sims 3 Deluxe pack coming up on the 28th.

First off, I assume that there will be keys which will allow activation on Origin, correct? If that is so, does the Sims 3 Deluxe (which contains both the base game as well as Ambitions) come with separate keys for each part? I already own the Sims 3 base game on origin so I have no interest in that part of the deluxe pack. But if there are separate keys for each part of the deluxe pack, then I might be able to organize a group buy with somebody who only wants the base game.

Or perhaps you could just put all the Sims 3 DLC on sale so I could buy it without having to go through all of that.[/QUOTE]

You get 2 codes, The Sims 3 and The Sims 3: Ambitions. As for doing an entire Sims 3 sale, we've shored up our Best Sellers list for 2011 but we'll likely be having Sims 3 Expansions sales again in the future.

[quote name='tominater12']Thanks for the Mirror Edge price match Tony, been wanting to play this game for a while now. Also by any chance will you guys be planning some type of of bundle for ME1 and ME2 to celebrate the launch of ME3?[/QUOTE]

We don't have anything to announce on ME1/ME2 right now, but as soon as we do I'll update!

[quote name='netscorer']

Tony,

would Amazon pricematch current Newegg promotion for Dead Island @ $9.99?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832220034[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Drabelincoln']It's not a DD. not Tony's bag[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bwrobins']As awesome as Amazon has been in pricematching, they are slow... Buy from Newegg now or you will regret it when newegg sells out before Amazon considers pricematching.[/QUOTE]

Like Drabe said, packaged goods (physical games) are handled by a completely separate group. I'll pass the info about Newegg's price along though, thanks :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='bwrobins']As awesome as Amazon has been in pricematching, they are slow... Buy from Newegg now or you will regret it when newegg sells out before Amazon considers pricematching.[/QUOTE]

$9.99 is the fair price for Dead Island, DD or physical. If only Amazon could do it :cry:

Anyways, if any one is gonna get Dead Island from Newegg and give the serial (it should register on Steam) I would trade it for Deus Ex HR Steam key :)

Does Sonic Generations activate on Steam? I missed the Steam sale for it and would like to pick it up here if it activates on Steam

EDIT: duh, just read the amazon page and it says Steam is required. Thanks for the reply anyway pROvIs

[quote name='nem2k2']Does Sonic Generations activate on Steam? I missed the Steam sale for it and would like to pick it up here if it activates on Steam[/QUOTE]

yes

[quote name='sunghost']I'll most likely be trading a Burnout Paradise Origin key for NFSHP if anyone's interested in that. Would save you $1? lol.[/QUOTE]

FYI I updated the price on NFS, we'll be selling it at $7.99 pre-coupon now. Also updated the price for Darkspore and added Spore.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI I updated the price on NFS, we'll be selling it at $7.99 pre-coupon now. Also updated the price for Darkspore and added Spore.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Well, hell...maybe I will wind up using ALL 4 of my coupons...
I should go see if Spore got a Demo.

I know Darkspore got a Demo on Steam.

[quote name='r9800pro']$9.99 is the fair price for Dead Island, DD or physical. If only Amazon could do it :cry:

Anyways, if any one is gonna get Dead Island from Newegg and give the serial (it should register on Steam) I would trade it for Deus Ex HR Steam key :)[/QUOTE]

I was kinda bummed out that my copy was retail. Thanks for the reminder that this game is steamworks.... I'd totally forgotten.

[quote name='lidl']Thanks for PM From Dust !

Although... after reading those reviews about the DRM I'm not sure I'm going to bite.[/QUOTE]

I thought they removed the DRM check, due to the complaints...
Let me check...
BRB....

[quote name='lidl']Thanks for PM From Dust !

Although... after reading those reviews about the DRM I'm not sure I'm going to bite.[/QUOTE]

I thought they removed the DRM check, due to the complaints...
Let me check...
BRB....

EDIT:
Well, there was a DRM check removal patch.
But, even after it - looks like from the forums, some have had problems, some have not. [shrug]

[quote name='imentec']Hi, NFS Hot Pursuit is good, but shift 2 i better not?

Will it be on sale too?

Regards.[/QUOTE]

The two games are pretty different. Hot Pursuit is an arcade racer very similar to Burnout and Shift 2 is more of a simulation. Both are excellent racing games. Shift 2 comes with all DLCs (except for the pre-order cars/events - which can be unlcoked through mods).

For Shift 2 be sure to download the Unofficial Community Patch which fixes a lot of bugs, raises the level cap and unlocks some extra cars.

[quote name='justasplanned']The wait is killing me
Announce the deals or deal for the last three days already so I can decide if I want Sonic or not[/QUOTE]

I'd love to know what's the deals for 1-29 -> 1/31, as well...
So I can figure out in full and FOR SURE what to use my FOUR $5 off BSO 2011 coupons on... :p

Guess Ill try asking 1 last time. Since BF bad company vietnam and BF3 will be on sale, any chance of a sale on BF3 Back to Karkand pack? thx.

Announce the deals or deal for the last three days already so I can decide if I want Sonic or not[/QUOTE]

/Agree

[quote name='Larce80']Guess Ill try asking 1 last time. Since BF bad company vietnam and BF3 will be on sale, any chance of a sale on BF3 Back to Karkand pack? thx.[/QUOTE]

We don't have any plans for a BF3 Back to Karkand sale at this point. Apologies for the delay in response, I must have missed the question.

[quote name='MysterD']I'd love to know what's the deals for 1-29 -> 1/31, as well...
So I can figure out in full and FOR SURE what to use my FOUR $5 off BSO 2011 coupons on... :p[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bwrobins']/Agree[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MysterD']@Tony

Any idea when we will find out what you'll have on sale for

the Final week of the promotion (1-29 -> 1-31)?
I'm trying to see if I'm gonna use up my FINAL 4

coupons...STILL. :p

Any plans to maybe recap some of the Best of the Best of

2011 sales you had already?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CrimsonTribe']Only Tony can say if there will

be another deal, but it was $7.49 (before coupon) during a

day or two in the 1st week of January, so I doubt it.

[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MysterD']On the last few days, can we expect

say a RECAP day w/ some of the BEST deals y'all had w/ the

Best Sellers of 2011 on say 1/30 and 1/31?
BTW - I don't know, but I'm still not sure if I'll wind up

using my 4 coupons...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='h4mx0r']Can we just get a complete list of

upcoming $5 coupon games?

Have to know whether to hang on to the last coupon or not!

[/QUOTE]

[quote name='r9800pro']Yes it is, but I am still amazed how

can anybody play fps games with 360 controller

Great Idea

How about some limited quantity/few hours deals ?

I can give you a promo code for DS2[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bwrobins']I know it is becoming common to

recap some of the deals on the last days. That might be a

good idea for either the last weekend in Jan or the last two

days of the month. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

There are a lot of quesitons floating around about what we'll be running for the last unannounced days in the month:

1. The titles we've announced represent the last "new" titles from the Best Sellers of 2011 that we'll be putting on promotion

2. Many of you have asked about a re-cap day and our partners from EA and 2K have both expressed interest in doing something like this. I don't have a full lineup for this yet, but it will likely be a 24 hour sale on one of those last days in the month and will include some of the "best" deals we ran during January. We're defining "best" in an extremely straightforward manner...by looking at how you voted with your dollars.

3. We'll have a separate Deal of the Week next week, that won't be one of the titles from the bestsellers of 2011, but is a title and pricepoint that has been asked about MULTIPLE times in this thread :).

Stay tuned on Thursday/Friday for a full update.

Cheers,
Tony

@Tony

From Dust PC for $5.00 price-matched is NOT part of the BSO $5 off coupon, right?
If only it was...it'd be FREE. :p
Still, quite a good deal at $5...

Will From Dust PC be price-matched at $5 until the Steam promo ends on Thursday at 4pm PST?

[quote name='MysterD']@Tony

From Dust PC for $5.00 price-matched is NOT part of the BSO $5 off coupon, right?
If only it was...it'd be FREE. :p

Will From Dust PC be price-matched at $5 until the Steam promo ends on Thursday at 4pm PST?[/QUOTE]

From Dust is definitely not part of the BSO promotion, and as for the length of the match, it should be yeah.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']From Dust is definitely not part of the BSO promotion, and as for the length of the match, it should be yeah.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the speedy reply. :D
Much appreciated.

Gives me time to read more reviews, do more research, and all of that jazz on From Dust PC...

Sounds like you guys have some pretty cool stuff in store for us. What a way to start off a new year!

My wallet hates you, but the gamer in me is having a blast.

Not expecting any miracles at this point but I certainly wouldn't mind an extra price reduction to Dawn of War 2 Retribution.

BTW, is there any particular reason that Witcher 2 got pulled from your offerings entirely?

I'm not a huge fan of them, but if there's nothing else coming up the rest of the month I might use my last coupons on Spore and Darkspore. For some reason the $1 price difference between when it was listed for $3.99 and $2.99 makes all the difference for me, I have a weird CAG mentality where I can justify the latter far more easier for games I otherwise wouldn't be interested in.

But I really like the idea of a recap day, I'm sure a few people still have extra coupons floating around and were kicking themselves for not picking some of these games up when they were on sale because they weren't sure if something better was going to come around.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We don't have any plans for a BF3 Back to Karkand sale at this point. Tony[/QUOTE] too bad :( Wonder what the last days will have :bouncy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back