Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Z-Saber']I wasn't feeling the Darkspore demo. Any thoughts on Spore?[/QUOTE]

I'd like to pick up spore but if I have to fight to get it to activate in a client I won't bother. I know I can just dl from amazon but.....I'd rather not.

I guess this not may not be they best time but have I quite a few left over codes I didn't I forgot about, if anyone wants to trade something for them let me know

So, Tony. First of all, thanks again for all of your hard work. We truly appreciate around these parts.

Second, if Amazon could find it in their hearts to price-match Green Man Gaming's Skyrim deal today, well my goodness, that would be the stuff of legends: http://www.greenmangaming.com/promo/skyrim/

Edit: Ah, seeing that Amazon doesn't currently offer Skyrim as a download. That might change things, huh? Oh well, still thought I'd mention it.

[quote name='T1BillionX']I guess this not may not be they best time but have I quite a few left over codes I didn't I forgot about, if anyone wants to trade something for them let me know[/QUOTE]

If you missed any of the deals in January many (not all but many) will be recapped on the 31st...just in case you want to hold on to a few of your coupons to use. Always good to see the altruism though!

Posting full recap announcement later today.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']If you missed any of the deals in January many (not all but many) will be recapped on the 31st...just in case you want to hold on to a few of your coupons to use. Always good to see the altruism though!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info Tony. I ended with like 15 or so coupons and I wanted see if anyone of the lovely people here wanted to trade or something.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']If you missed any of the deals in January many (not all but many) will be recapped on the 31st...just in case you want to hold on to a few of your coupons to use. Always good to see the altruism though!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Would love to see Witcher 2 back, although given it's not on the best sellers list anymore I'm guessing that's unlikely, still can hope though :)

It would be nice to see a little more variety aside from EA and 2k stuff which seemed to predominate January but I understand you're reliant on publishers consent. Maybe send out more wine and fruit baskets!

[quote name='MastaNinja']:/ looks like I won't be using my coupons[/QUOTE]

Give them away.

I'll gladly take one if you'd be so kind.

[quote name='MastaNinja']Ehh, I'll use one for Shogun. Could've swore was cheaper in an earlier deal but missed it.[/QUOTE]

It was 7.50 before coupon in the first few days the coupon was active.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']It was 7.50 before coupon in the first few days the coupon was active.[/QUOTE]

yup.. a few ppl here got it for $2.50 ;)

Went to best buy and got an Amazon GC with credit. Canceled and Re Preordered KOA: Reckoning. So excited for that game :D.

Also I would throw in a recommendation for Darkspore. Sure it's not as deep as Diablo but it's good for the price with coupon.

[quote name='diphu']Would love to see Witcher 2 back, although given it's not on the best sellers list anymore I'm guessing that's unlikely, still can hope though :)[/QUOTE]

We are actually not currently distributing The Witcher 2 right now. I will let you know as soon as this changes.

[quote name='Mooby']It would be nice to see a little more variety aside from EA and 2k stuff which seemed to predominate January but I understand you're reliant on publishers consent. Maybe send out more wine and fruit baskets![/QUOTE]

You literally made me laugh with the fruit basket comment. Glad you understand the limitations of the promotional strategy though. If we get any last minute additions I'll totally let you know.

[quote name='MastaNinja']:/ looks like I won't be using my coupons[/QUOTE]

Really? Nothing from the massive list of super cheap EA/2K games appeals?

Updating OP with next week's offer.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We are actually not currently distributing The Witcher 2 right now. I will let you know as soon as this changes.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the explanation, glad to see Risen up for next week, without TAGES!!

Thanks for the quick answer! Sad panda though :(

Since I already have all the games that interest me I will use my last coupon to gift a game to a friend. Now I only have to decide which one :)

Hey Tony, I've got a quick question. Are those prices listed for each game on the recap day the prices before or after a coupon? I would assume it's before, but you know what happens when you assume.

[quote name='The End']Hey Tony, I've got a quick question. Are those prices listed for each game on the recap day the prices before or after a coupon? I would assume it's before, but you know what happens when you assume.[/QUOTE]

Before Coupon, Risen, Burnout, and Dead Space 1 are not coupon eligible. I'll update the OP now.

[quote name='The Nephilim']yo dawg, can i use my remaining coupon on risen next week? DRM free ya'll.[/QUOTE]

Negative...$5.99 is a pretty sick price for the awesome game without DRM though :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Freedom Fries']Ugh should have waited! I ended up getting Risen for 7.25.

Anyways.... How about Divinity II, eh?[/QUOTE]

I can tell you it's awesome.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Does Spore activate in Origin? I know its close as far as its release date....I read that it did activate via EADM at one point...[/QUOTE]
I was just about to pull the trigger on this game, but instead, I got the demo and... it requires constant internet connection. :censored:
Idiots.

I'll pass.

BTW, thanks Tony!

Wait, risen drm free for cheap? I am buying that on principle alone. The fact that it's a good, cheap game helps, but I am not going to be playing that one soon, backlog is huge. Could wait for less but no drm is something I will gladly support.

As for the recap day... I guess crysis max for me. I'm one of those who killed during best buys December and got dragon age ultimate, Alice, dead space 2, and bulletstorm in hard copies. So I can understand if someone goes 'nothing for me ' just because a lot of the great stuff had a great sale too elsewhere. Beyond that some games, the spore duo especially, have terrible drm. You guys at Amazon can get around a lot, but those have the 'you must be online to play' crap. I think the original loosened up due to controversy, but dark spore isn't. Hope that provides some insight to how that can be said in the face of these great games and sales.

Hmmm, got one coupon code left not sure whether or not I'll use it. If anyone has any cheap-o Steam games or interesting coupons from the Winter Sale, shoot me a PM and I might be up for a trade.

[quote name='DarkZero104']Wait, risen drm free for cheap? I am buying that on principle alone. The fact that it's a good, cheap game helps, but I am not going to be playing that one soon, backlog is huge. Could wait for less but no drm is something I will gladly support.

As for the recap day... I guess crysis max for me. I'm one of those who killed during best buys December and got dragon age ultimate, Alice, dead space 2, and bulletstorm in hard copies. So I can understand if someone goes 'nothing for me ' just because a lot of the great stuff had a great sale too elsewhere. Beyond that some games, the spore duo especially, have terrible drm. You guys at Amazon can get around a lot, but those have the 'you must be online to play' crap. I think the original loosened up due to controversy, but dark spore isn't. Hope that provides some insight to how that can be said in the face of these great games and sales.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you brought the "principle alone" thing up :). Gamers are really vocal about wanting developers to take action like this (removing DRM)...as a community we should show them it is worth it by supporting promotions like this.

That's my opinion as Tony wearing his gamer hat, not his Marketing "buymoarstuffz" hat.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='randomdud']Does Divinity 2 activate on steam? I checked the link in the first post, but it wasn't mentioned. Also, any opinions on the game?[/QUOTE]

Wait what is it on sale?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I'm glad you brought the "principle alone" thing up :). Gamers are really vocal about wanting developers to take action like this (removing DRM)...as a community we should show them it is worth it by supporting promotions like this.

That's my opinion as Tony wearing his gamer hat, not his Marketing "buymoarstuffz" hat.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Larian Studios (divinity II DKS) is a good example of this. They are REALLY good and open to listening to their community (devs respond to posts, no shady put off answers, etc) and when the community demanded drm free after release, they definately listened. I believe they mentioned that sales actually increased over their sales prediction after removal of drm. That goes to show that drm free and listening to the community does count for something!

[quote name='Freedom Fries']Wait what is it on sale?[/QUOTE]
No, just for future reference I was asking. It's been on sale before and I was curious and forgot to ask. :S

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Before Coupon, Risen, Burnout, and Dead Space 1 are not coupon eligible. I'll update the OP now.

Negative...$5.99 is a pretty sick price for the awesome game without DRM though :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

So.. Big T. January is winding down and so might the deals. I want to personally thank you for everything you've done here at CAG. It's made me a regular, and I'm sure others too. Hope you continue to hang around and keep Amazon in the spotlight! :cool:

[quote name='kosmos13x']Larian Studios (divinity II DKS) is a good example of this. They are REALLY good and open to listening to their community (devs respond to posts, no shady put off answers, etc) and when the community demanded drm free after release, they definately listened. I believe they mentioned that sales actually increased over their sales prediction after removal of drm. That goes to show that drm free and listening to the community does count for something![/QUOTE]

They always have done this since their first game [Divine Divinity], though - just like EgoSoft.

Btw Tony, as a gamer *flash kicks off your marketing hat* what do you think of Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning (if you happened to check it out). I'm a crazy big fan of both R.A. Salvatore (Drizzt) and Todd Mcfarlane (spawn). Played the demo myself and find myself on the borderline of things atm.

[quote name='randomdud']No, just for future reference I was asking. It's been on sale before and I was curious and forgot to ask. :S[/QUOTE]
Yeah same here I heard nothing but good things about it and I hope it goes on sale cheaper than the price (or at least close to) it was at previously.

Hint hint o_o

[quote name='Freedom Fries']Ugh should have waited! I ended up getting Risen for 7.25.

Anyways.... How about Divinity II, eh?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='randomdud']Does Divinity 2 activate on steam? I checked the link in the first post, but it wasn't mentioned. Also, any opinions on the game?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Freedom Fries']Wait what is it on sale?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kosmos13x']Larian Studios (divinity II DKS) is a good example of this. They are REALLY good and open to listening to their community (devs respond to posts, no shady put off answers, etc) and when the community demanded drm free after release, they definately listened. I believe they mentioned that sales actually increased over their sales prediction after removal of drm. That goes to show that drm free and listening to the community does count for something![/QUOTE]

[quote name='randomdud']No, just for future reference I was asking. It's been on sale before and I was curious and forgot to ask. :S[/QUOTE]

Divinity 2 will definitely be a deal of the week in the future, we're just working on the best timing for it :).

[quote name='jsunjones']So.. Big T. January is winding down and so might the deals. I want to personally thank you for everything you've done here at CAG. It's made me a regular, and I'm sure others too. Hope you continue to hang around and keep Amazon in the spotlight! :cool:[/QUOTE]

Thanks man! I appreciate the kind words. Believe me, I'm not going anywhere. You guys have been super fun to work with and extremely helpful in providing feedback and getting the word out about Amazon's offerings.

Special thanks to everyone who has taken the time to hop on Neogaf, Slickdeals, Reddit, Gamespot and post or talk about our deals. You guys are helping drive the community and build the business with us. It is conversations like the ones I linked to above that make it really easy for me to justify how much time I spend interacting with this awesome group to my boss.

Can't thank you guys enough. Let's have a killer 2012!

Cheers,
Tony

well poop. i've bought every game on your best of 2011 list :(

in the last 2 months I've acquired for a total under $60,

Bioshock 1, Dead Space 1, Dead Space 2, Mass Effect 1, Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age Ultimate, Dragon Age 2, Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed 2, Darkspore, Spore, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, Battlefield 3, Modern Warfare 3, Rome: Total War Gold, Napoleon: Total War Imperial Edition, Empire: Total War Game of the Year, Shogun 2, Warhammer 40K Dawn of War 2, Warhammer 40k Space Marine, the X3 series, Tropico 4, Sonic Generations, Section 8: Prejudice, Orcs Must Die!, Bastion, Nuclear Dawn, Hard Reset, Monday Night Combat, Killing Floor, Fallout New Vegas + DLC, DoTA 2, and Crysis 2. Thanks Amazon and Steam traders! (and thanks steam for giving me that team fortress hat that people went nuts for trading)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back