Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='amazon dvg deals']

“best of january recap sale” – 1/31/2012 – duration 24 hours:

1. pc dragon age pack (dragon age origins: Ultimate + dragon age 2): $11.99 - $6.99 after coupon
2. mac dragon age pack (dragon age origins: Ultimate + dragon age 2): $11.99 - $6.99 after coupon
3. alice: Madness returns: $7.49 - $2.49 after coupon
4. crysis 2: $9.99 - $4.99 after coupon
5. civilization v: $8.99 - $3.99 after coupon
6. civilization iv complete: $8.99 - $3.99 after coupon
7. darkspore: $7.99 - $2.99 after coupon
8. burnout paradise: The ultimate box: $4.99 - not eligible for coupon
9. bulletstorm: $7.99 - $2.99 after coupon
10. mac spore: $7.99 - $2.99 after coupon
11. pc spore: $7.99 - $2.99 after coupon
12. battlefield bad company 2: $7.99 - $2.99 after coupon
13. need for speed: Hot pursuit: $7.99 - $2.99 after coupon
14. dead space 2: $7.99 - $2.99 after coupon
15. crysis maximum: $8.99 - $3.99 after coupon
16. battlefield bad company 2: Vietnam: $7.99 - $2.99 after coupon
17. dead space: $4.99 - not eligible for coupon
18. medal of honor: $7.99 - $2.99 after coupon
19. civilization iv complete + v pack: $17.98 - $12.98 after coupon
20. anno 2070: $34.99 - $29.99 after coupon

[/quote]
bloody awesome!!! :D

[quote name='kosmos13x']Btw Tony, as a gamer *flash kicks off your marketing hat* what do you think of Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning (if you happened to check it out). I'm a crazy big fan of both R.A. Salvatore (Drizzt) and Todd Mcfarlane (spawn). Played the demo myself and find myself on the borderline of things atm.[/QUOTE]

I'm buying Amalur day 1. I've read every book Salvatore has written and have most of them both physically and digitally. I think the gameplay is fun and the content is enough for me to justify a $51 spend to support the concept behind developers working with my favorite authors.

Cheers,
Tony

For those asking...
Amazon version of Divinity 2: DKS Edition DOES NOT activate on Steam.
If you want Divinity 2: DKS Edition from Steam, you'd have to get it from Steam.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I'm buying Amalur day 1. I've read every book Salvatore has written and have most of them both physically and digitally. I think the gameplay is fun and the content is enough for me to justify a $51 spend to support the concept behind developers working with my favorite authors.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
KOA: Reckoning PC DEMO was pretty awesome.
Can't wait for Feb 7th.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I'm buying Amalur day 1. I've read every book Salvatore has written and have most of them both physically and digitally. I think the gameplay is fun and the content is enough for me to justify a $51 spend to support the concept behind developers working with my favorite authors.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks I'm sold! Also saw that Futurepress is doing a hardback CE guide for the game...double sold!

I'm glad im not the only drizzt nerd around here. Also have each book (both in single, collector's trilogy, and on kindle). Can't wait till his new book (charon's claw) comes out :)

*edit*

saw that amazon got exclusive interviews with Todd and R.A. themselves about the game (among others). Pretty awesome! If anyone is interested, check out http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0064TYL0G...rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1343307542&pf_rd_i=979455011 for the vids on the store page for it!

Got an Origin rep to actiavte Spore for me. It appears the codes are valid, and the chat reps can see that. They just need to manually add it to your account. YMMV on this of course but the rep I spoke to told me he could see what it was and that it was unused.

I think Ima buy Deus Ex Human Revolution. All of a sudden I have this enormous interest in it when I never could have cared less. My 5 dollar code works on it right? I still got one left. I need something to keep me busy this weekend that isnt fixing the bathroom ceiling.

Got one coupon left, gonna pick up Darkspore right now! If anybody has an extra left over, please PM me, want to surprise a buddy with a Darkspore code so we can play some co-op online.

Hey Tony, I just noticed that several games on the recap day are listed at prices that are slightly more expensive than they were when they were originally on sale. There might be more, but I've spotted Medal of Honor, Battlefield Bad Company 2 & Bulletstorm (All previously $6.99). Is this a mistake, or are these games slightly more expensive this time around?

BTW, I don't plan to buy any of these, so I won't be getting too worked up if they are more expensive this time around. But it might affect my buying habits in the future. I might be less likely to hold off on buying something in the expectation that I might get a second chance to buy the game in a recap sale.

[quote name='Ribkage']I think Ima buy Deus Ex Human Revolution. All of a sudden I have this enormous interest in it when I never could have cared less. My 5 dollar code works on it right? I still got one left. I need something to keep me busy this weekend that isnt fixing the bathroom ceiling.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, the code should work on Deus Ex Human Revolution.

Welp, I picked up Spore, despite my hesitation in doing so after reading a bunch about it. Chatting with EA support now to get it activated on Origin.

I must emphasize this again: If you are having any trouble at all with Origin activation, do not use the live chat within the client.

Simply go to EA's support page (I just Googled it and used the first result), select your game and such, then live chat. You may have to slightly work around it since some games don't have a live chat option. For example, Spore didn't have it, but Spore: Galactic Edition did, which is what I used. (Sidenote: Don't misinterpret that as me trying to get the Galactic Edition junk for free. Heck, I don't even know what the difference is.)

I've only been on with them twice, but after many other failed attempts to get things activated using the in-client Origin live chat, I've come to the conclusion the employees on the website chat must have a ton more flexibility.

Where and how to I get access to this $5 coupon/credit?
(sorry if this has been asked before, I didn't feel like reading 200+ pages)

[quote name='TheDevo']Where and how to I get access to this $5 coupon/credit?
(sorry if this has been asked before, I didn't feel like reading 200+ pages)[/QUOTE]

You needed to buy a game from Amazon's digital download store in November or December 2011.

Slightly eerie, but my support guy called it a one time exception. Also got another 15% off discount code.

If you do go through their support, please be sure to take the survey that is sent to your e-mail if they helped you out. Since both times through the site have been splendid, I gave both people the highest marks in every category to encourage them to keep doing what they're doing.

[quote name='Miracleman']You needed to buy a game from Amazon's digital download store in November or December 2011.[/QUOTE]
Hmm, I did happen to buy a download copy of Deus Ex HR on Dec 24th. Is there a special "digital download store" like Amazon's "Wireless store?"

[quote name='TheDevo']Hmm, I did happen to buy a download copy of Deus Ex HR on Dec 24th. Is there a special "digital download store" like Amazon's "Wireless store?"[/QUOTE]

No, if you bought the download version of Deus Ex HR, that should qualify you for a code. Check your email for an email with a title something along the lines of "your Amazon promo code". It should have been sent to you sometime just after the you placed the order for Deus ex.

If for some reason you deleted the email, contact Amazon customer service and they should be able to help you.

[quote name='Ribkage']I think Ima buy Deus Ex Human Revolution. All of a sudden I have this enormous interest in it when I never could have cared less. My 5 dollar code works on it right? I still got one left. I need something to keep me busy this weekend that isnt fixing the bathroom ceiling.[/QUOTE]

Deus Ex HR will be $12.49 on Getgamesgo on Jan 27th and I hope Amazon would match that price (even after coupon)

@Miracleman

Thanks for all your help. I found the email in my trash folder I must of thought it was a phishing email and deleted it. $10 Sonic Generations here I come. ^_^

[quote name='r9800pro']Deus Ex HR will be $12.49 on Getgamesgo on Jan 27th and I hope Amazon would match that price (even after coupon)[/QUOTE]

I doubt Amazon would match GetGamesGo, since Eurogamer owns GetGamesGo.
Amazon don't normally match International deals.

I think I have one code left, if anyone wants to trade a steam game for it. I wouldn't mind a copy of orange box or even some decent coupons.

For those of you who want Darkspore on Steam here is a post from Slickdeals:

Quote from brawling4life View Post :
Just a heads up for anyone wanting to know if it works on steam. I downloaded the steam demo http://store.steampowered.com/app/99890 . Then bought the game after trying it out. Just take the amazon activate code and enter it in the dark spore demo. Access to the whole game. Great game btw 30hrs + spent co-op mode of course, single players too easy .

[quote name='Grue']For those of you who want Darkspore on Steam here is a post from Slickdeals:

Quote from brawling4life View Post :
Just a heads up for anyone wanting to know if it works on steam. I downloaded the steam demo http://store.steampowered.com/app/99890 . Then bought the game after trying it out. Just take the amazon activate code and enter it in the dark spore demo. Access to the whole game. Great game btw 30hrs + spent co-op mode of course, single players too easy .[/QUOTE]

Nice. I already downloaded the Darkspore Demo from Steam and did try it.
I did like it, yeah.
I guess that I can be lazy and NOT have to download the entire game again. :p

EDIT:
Darkspore game-key code will activate through Origin, correct?
EDIT2:
Yep, Darkspore does register up on Origin.

[quote name='agentghost']What's the DRM on Amazon version of Darkspore? Does it require constant internet connection to play? Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]
Yup - game requires Internet Connection period.
It's an online game.

[quote name='MysterD']Yup - game requires Internet Connection period.
It's an online game.[/QUOTE]

thanks man.. Even in single player mode, it requires connection?

[quote name='agentghost']thanks man.. Even in single player mode, it requires connection?[/QUOTE]
There's PVE and PVP modes.
Either mode, even though you can play by yourself alone...you're going to be playing online period, like it or not.
Players can join you or you can join them at anytime, basically.

[quote name='DarkZero104']Wait, risen drm free for cheap? I am buying that on principle alone. The fact that it's a good, cheap game helps, but I am not going to be playing that one soon, backlog is huge. Could wait for less but no drm is something I will gladly support.[/QUOTE]
+1 on that.

I've never considered a Risen purchase before now, but removing that dreadful TAGES is enough for me to lend my support via a purchase. The funny thing is, after having read up on the game a bit I'm actually looking forward to playing it after I buy it next week.

[quote name='hal']+1 on that.

I've never considered a Risen purchase before now, but removing that dreadful TAGES is enough for me to lend my support via a purchase. The funny thing is, after having read up on the game a bit I'm actually looking forward to playing it after I buy it next week.[/QUOTE]

Risen is PB's best RPG game since the original Gothic 1, if you ask me.

Tony,
If I can make one suggestion.

I saw that you said Divinity 2 - Dragon Knight Saga, will be a future "Deal of the Week" title. However, after buying the game from Amazon [got it on sale for $8 yay!], I can say the version Amazon has is outdated; I believe Amazon has 1.4.30 ; Latest version is 1.4.70. I only say this to give Amazon Downloads a heads up, as it is a great title and want people to get the most out of it. If possible, Amazon should update their game files to ensure it's the latest version of Divinity 2

I did have to track down the patch, and it is very easy to do. I just wanted to point it out, considering a lot of the populous might assume Amazon is providing the latest version of Divinity 2.

The 1.4.70 patch adds some MAJOR improvements and HAS a major benefit:
1. It adds multi-core support [game runs much faster].
2. It removes the 30 fps cap, can now goto 100 fps [vastly improves performance].
3. SecuROM DRM is removed with the 1.4.70 patch [the Amazon 1.4.30 version has Securom, it prompted me for the KEY and installed securom when I installed the Amazon version before patching].

Thanks Tony! I really love the awesome deals!

P.S.- Divinity 2 DKS is an awesome game! People need to buy it if they are a fan on the rpg genre!

I'm looking for a coupon if anyone is willing. I used up mine on the Dragon Age Mac Pack, and I want to get the other Mac game currently on sale, Spore. I'm not sure what I could offer anyone besides a few Steam Coupons though. :/

For anyone looking to do Steam coupon trades [more likely] or $5 coupon trades [not nearly as likely], here's what I got:

Amazon Inventory:
THREE Best Sellers of 2011 $5 off coupons
[Not sure if I'm gonna trade even any of these; gonna probably use at least TWO of them; likely going to use all THREE.]

Steam Inventory - looking to get rid of most of these:
33% off any one Valve game;
50% off Hacker Evolution: Untold;
50% off Psychonauts [already own this game from Retail];
50% off Silent Hill: Homecoming [already own this game from Steam];
50% off Supreme Commander 2 [already own this game from Steam];
2 gifts for The Ship [since I've owned The Ship game for a VERY long time];
and 1 gift for Half-Life 2: Episode 1 [since I already owned HL2: Ep 1 when I bought The Orange Box, some time ago].

[quote name='konzen30']guys i just need 1 code i wanted to buy crysis maximum, im begging for 1 code please and thank you :([/QUOTE]

Or you spend 5 extra dollars. It's a good price anyway.

I got 2 amazon $5 codes that i doubt i'll be using for the end of the sale. If anyone has things like dungeon defenders or any budgetish games that activate on steam i would trade both since i would want someone else to at least have the code if i dont use it. PM if interested

Hey guys just a heads up if you are considering buying Spore. I spent the last 4 hours trying to get spore to even activate online. My initial key from Amazon, that I had activated in Origin didnt work. The game would install and when I would attempt to log and I would get this error "The registration key used to install this game cannot be validated". If you get this error you're pretty much screwed it seems. EA can't help, chat phone calls...all they do is issue you new keys. The problem seems to be with your EA account and EA doesnt have a clue how to fix it.

If you do a quick search for "The registration key used to install this game cannot be validated" you will find a good number of people all with the same issue and none that EA will help. If anyone knows of a way to fix this let me know...you can play offline mode i believe...but online is a no go. Looks like I'm out a coupon and 3 bucks....

Freaking EA.

[quote name='Steezy Snowman']I got 2 amazon $5 codes that i doubt i'll be using for the end of the sale. If anyone has things like dungeon defenders or any budgetish games that activate on steam i would trade both since i would want someone else to at least have the code if i dont use it. PM if interested[/QUOTE]

I've sent you a PM.

==

EDIT: Sent another.

[quote name='The End']Hey Tony, I just noticed that several games on the recap day are listed at prices that are slightly more expensive than they were when they were originally on sale. There might be more, but I've spotted Medal of Honor, Battlefield Bad Company 2 & Bulletstorm (All previously $6.99). Is this a mistake, or are these games slightly more expensive this time around?

BTW, I don't plan to buy any of these, so I won't be getting too worked up if they are more expensive this time around. But it might affect my buying habits in the future. I might be less likely to hold off on buying something in the expectation that I might get a second chance to buy the game in a recap sale.[/QUOTE]

Glad you asked that question. Basically, when choosing what to put in the recap and at what price, we looked at the titles and how you all voted with your dollars and picked the ones that you told us mattered the most and ran them again.

Does that make sense? If not, let me know and I'll try to explain better.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Glad you asked that question. Basically, when choosing what to put in the recap and at what price, we looked at the titles and how you all voted with your dollars and picked the ones that you told us mattered the most and ran them again.

Does that make sense? If not, let me know and I'll try to explain better.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply Tony.

Actually, I understand the process by which games were selected for the recap day. I was just asking why some of the games chosen will have a higher price than they did a few days ago.

Again, I'm not exactly outraged (since I wont be buying any of these particular games). I'm just curious as to why they're more expensive the second time around.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Hey guys just a heads up if you are considering buying Spore. I spent the last 4 hours trying to get spore to even activate online. My initial key from Amazon, that I had activated in Origin didnt work. The game would install and when I would attempt to log and I would get this error "The registration key used to install this game cannot be validated". If you get this error you're pretty much screwed it seems. EA can't help, chat phone calls...all they do is issue you new keys. The problem seems to be with your EA account and EA doesnt have a clue how to fix it.

If you do a quick search for "The registration key used to install this game cannot be validated" you will find a good number of people all with the same issue and none that EA will help. If anyone knows of a way to fix this let me know...you can play offline mode i believe...but online is a no go. Looks like I'm out a coupon and 3 bucks....

Freaking EA.[/QUOTE]

I think a few ppl had problem activate the game on Origins a few posts back. From Amazon review, it seems that if they decide NOT to use Origins and just do the plain "download the game from Amazon downloader and input cd key when prompted", it works. Did you try that?

[quote name='agentghost']I think a few ppl had problem activate the game on Origins a few posts back. From Amazon review, it seems that if they decide NOT to use Origins and just do the plain "download the game from Amazon downloader and input cd key when prompted", it works. Did you try that?[/QUOTE]

Yup used the amazon dl version an same thing. The game is broke a ea known asijt it and wint fix it

If anyone's interested, I have one copy of Dead Space 2 left on steam, all I want is crysis 2 :)

Also, when will the sonic generations sale end, early tomorrow morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back