Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Grue']For those of you who want Darkspore on Steam here is a post from Slickdeals:

Quote from brawling4life View Post :
Just a heads up for anyone wanting to know if it works on steam. I downloaded the steam demo http://store.steampowered.com/app/99890 . Then bought the game after trying it out. Just take the amazon activate code and enter it in the dark spore demo. Access to the whole game. Great game btw 30hrs + spent co-op mode of course, single players too easy .[/QUOTE]
Brilliant. I totally didn't even consider utilizing the demo of this game. :D

[quote name='eikys']What time will the Sonic Generations sale end? Early saturday, midnight, or?[/QUOTE]

Saturday around midnight PST

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Tony,
If I can make one suggestion.

I saw that you said Divinity 2 - Dragon Knight Saga, will be a future "Deal of the Week" title. However, after buying the game from Amazon [got it on sale for $8 yay!], I can say the version Amazon has is outdated; I believe Amazon has 1.4.30 ; Latest version is 1.4.70. I only say this to give Amazon Downloads a heads up, as it is a great title and want people to get the most out of it. If possible, Amazon should update their game files to ensure it's the latest version of Divinity 2

I did have to track down the patch, and it is very easy to do. I just wanted to point it out, considering a lot of the populous might assume Amazon is providing the latest version of Divinity 2.

The 1.4.70 patch adds some MAJOR improvements and HAS a major benefit:
1. It adds multi-core support [game runs much faster].
2. It removes the 30 fps cap, can now goto 100 fps [vastly improves performance].
3. SecuROM DRM is removed with the 1.4.70 patch [the Amazon 1.4.30 version has Securom, it prompted me for the KEY and installed securom when I installed the Amazon version before patching].

Thanks Tony! I really love the awesome deals!

P.S.- Divinity 2 DKS is an awesome game! People need to buy it if they are a fan on the rpg genre![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up on this! I'm forwarding over to our team that handles the versions we distribute for review.

[quote name='kosmos13x']Thanks I'm sold! Also saw that Futurepress is doing a hardback CE guide for the game...double sold!

I'm glad im not the only drizzt nerd around here. Also have each book (both in single, collector's trilogy, and on kindle). Can't wait till his new book (charon's claw) comes out :)

*edit*

saw that amazon got exclusive interviews with Todd and R.A. themselves about the game (among others). Pretty awesome! If anyone is interested, check out http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0064TYL0G...rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1343307542&pf_rd_i=979455011 for the vids on the store page for it![/QUOTE]

Yeah that interview is pretty sweet! Drizzt is, by far, my favorite character in any book, ever. Salvatore does a great job building a story around what essentially amount to great fight scenes and then choreographs those scenes better than anyone I've ever read.

/end nerd rant.

[quote name='The End']Thanks for the reply Tony.

Actually, I understand the process by which games were selected for the recap day. I was just asking why some of the games chosen will have a higher price than they did a few days ago.

Again, I'm not exactly outraged (since I wont be buying any of these particular games). I'm just curious as to why they're more expensive the second time around.[/QUOTE]

Sorry about the lack of clarity. What I was trying to say is that, when we were planning the recap day we wanted to offer customers the opportunity to take advantage of the "best" deals again. We defined best by how many people bought the deal. The other deals, which increased by roughly $1 per deal didn't get as much of a response from the customer base, and thus, didn't receive the same level of promotional consideration.

Hope that makes sense, again, sorry for the initial lack of clarity.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Grue']For those of you who want Darkspore on Steam here is a post from Slickdeals:

Quote from brawling4life View Post :
Just a heads up for anyone wanting to know if it works on steam. I downloaded the steam demo http://store.steampowered.com/app/99890 . Then bought the game after trying it out. Just take the amazon activate code and enter it in the dark spore demo. Access to the whole game. Great game btw 30hrs + spent co-op mode of course, single players too easy .[/QUOTE]

When you say access to the whole game, do you mean we can access the whole game by continuing to load the demo, or that Steam now registers that we own the entire game, and we can reinstall it later, etc?

Hey Everyone,

The guys over at EA have been working hard on that solution for getting more games integrated with Origin. They've just sent me over a link and asked that I share it with you:

https://help.ea.com/article/origin-code-redemption-faq

This should address most concerns/questions around what can and can't be activated on Origin, and will be updated as they add more titles. There are some titles not listed that they are still working all of the kinks out of, but this should get you all started in terms of a place to go to check for Origin activation/support.

Also added to the OP.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Hey guys just a heads up if you are considering buying Spore. I spent the last 4 hours trying to get spore to even activate online. My initial key from Amazon, that I had activated in Origin didnt work. The game would install and when I would attempt to log and I would get this error "The registration key used to install this game cannot be validated". If you get this error you're pretty much screwed it seems. EA can't help, chat phone calls...all they do is issue you new keys. The problem seems to be with your EA account and EA doesnt have a clue how to fix it.

If you do a quick search for "The registration key used to install this game cannot be validated" you will find a good number of people all with the same issue and none that EA will help. If anyone knows of a way to fix this let me know...you can play offline mode i believe...but online is a no go. Looks like I'm out a coupon and 3 bucks....

Freaking EA.[/QUOTE]

I just PMed you.

EA got back to me with this info:

https://help.ea.com/article/spore-error-the-product-key-cannot-be-validated

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey Everyone,

The guys over at EA have been working hard on that solution for getting more games integrated with Origin. They've just sent me over a link and asked that I share it with you:

https://help.ea.com/article/origin-code-redemption-faq

This should address most concerns/questions around what can and can't be activated on Origin, and will be updated as they add more titles. There are some titles not listed that they are still working all of the kinks out of, but this should get you all started in terms of a place to go to check for Origin activation/support.

Also added to the OP.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
I hope they keep support for older games on their service. It's not cool to just drop that stuff.

Does anyone know if I purchase any of the Sims content in a retail store, if it will work with the Amazon downloaded versions? I purchased Sims 3 Deluxe, plus Generations today, but I might want more content later on...

[quote name='mtxbass1']Does anyone know if I purchase any of the Sims content in a retail store, if it will work with the Amazon downloaded versions? I purchased Sims 3 Deluxe, plus Generations today, but I might want more content later on...[/QUOTE]

I don't think Sims 3 expansions/DLC bought outside of Amazon will work with the Amazon versions that you just bought. However, you should be able to register your games on Origin and play your games through that service.

In my particular case, I bought several Sims 3 games through Steam during the Summer 2011 sale and I was able to register them on origin. I'm about to but Generations and the sims 3 deluxe (just for Ambitions) and add them to the rest of my content. So as long as you don't mind using Origin, you can buy from multiple digital stores and register your games through Origin and have all your content in one place.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Sorry about the lack of clarity. What I was trying to say is that, when we were planning the recap day we wanted to offer customers the opportunity to take advantage of the "best" deals again. We defined best by how many people bought the deal. The other deals, which increased by roughly $1 per deal didn't get as much of a response from the customer base, and thus, didn't receive the same level of promotional consideration.

Hope that makes sense, again, sorry for the initial lack of clarity.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply Tony.

So basically, they sold well enough to add to the recap, but not well enough to have at the same price that they where at before? Seems strange, but meh, whatever. I'm not gonna make a big case out of it.

Can I ask a second question about how games were added to the recap? This again falls under the category of simple curiosity. You said that games were added based upon how well games sold the first time around. But Spore & Darkspore made it onto the list before their sales days started. Was that simply a case of the publisher wanting (or being OK with) the games on sale a second day?

It almost seems like you didn't have enough games available to do a recap so you needed some filler.

Good question, answers in line below:

[quote name='The End']Thanks for the reply Tony.

Can I ask a second question about how games were added to the recap? This again falls under the category of simple curiosity. You said that games were added based upon how well games sold the first time around. But Spore & Darkspore made it onto the list before their sales days started. Was that simply a case of the publisher wanting (or being OK with) the games on sale a second day?

It almost seems like you didn't have enough games available to do a recap so you needed some filler.[/QUOTE]

Quite the opposite in terms of fillers. I basically made a judgement call, I could have either waited for the full sale to run its course, run the sales analysis and then announce the recap titles on Sunday, or I could decide to include the titles that hadn't gone on sale yet in the recap and let you guys know days in advance (something which was requested repeatably by the community here). I erred on the side of including stuff that might not actually be one of the best deals of January so that I could announce the deals early.

Cheers,
Tony

So what makes games go up and down daily on amazon? Deus Ex went up like a buck 60 since last night. It doesnt make sense, especially since it does have a good sale (starting today) somewhere else for like 13 bucks.

Oh OK, thanks for the reply Tony.

It occurs to me that my last post might have read as being a little snippy. That wasn't my intention to come off like that and hopefully you didn't read it as such. I'm a veteran of Steam, but I'm fairly new to Amazon's DD Store, so I'm just trying to get a sense of what to expect from you guys. Thanks for your replies to all of the questions from both me and all the other posters here. :)

[quote name='Ribkage']So what makes games go up and down daily on amazon? Deus Ex went up like a buck 60 since last night. It doesnt make sense, especially since it does have a good sale (starting today) somewhere else for like 13 bucks.[/QUOTE]

First, you scared the heck out of me lol...I immediately went to check why we were selling that game for $60...then I noticed you said $1.60.

As for what makes prices change, the answer is a number of things:

1. Planned promotions, which I announce here, usually a couple of days before they launch

2. Competitive price matches, depending on the company and how much inventory we have on stock to support a match. There's a variety of reasons why we don't match certain other digital distributors. These include:

1. Region - We don't match prices for companies in different regions for a variety of reasons, primarily though because their entire business model, including what they pay for their product, is radically different.

2. Legitimacy - We work directly with publishers to build our promotions, and thus are able to go back to them when there are issues with products (see the multiple posts in this thread discussing my regular interaction with EA, or the fact that TAGES has been removed from Risen), we don't match companies that somehow obtain 10,000 keys for a game and require you to VPN into a network to activate them.

Hope this clarifies.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='The End']Oh OK, thanks for the reply Tony.

It occurs to me that my last post might have read as being a little snippy. That wasn't my intention to come off like that and hopefully you didn't read it as such. I'm a veteran of Steam, but I'm fairly new to Amazon's DD Store, so I'm just trying to get a sense of what to expect from you guys. Thanks for your replies to all of the questions from both me and all the other posters here. :)[/QUOTE]

Not at all man, I'm happy to answer your questions and want you to understand our thought process and feel like you're part of it. We're working actively and transparently to build a community with you guys and want you to "get" that.

If I'm not setting expectations correctly it helps me to know that so I can adjust my communication, not just here, but everywhere I'm talking about our offers.

TL;DR - Thanks for the questions, keep them coming, I appreciate and look forward to them.

Cheers,
Tony

LOL sorry, maybe I should of typed out 1.60. Was just typing it how I would of said it haha.

Thanks for reply. Even my wife said "I told you to order it last night.. you spent all your gift cards from xmas on us you should just get something for yourself" blah blah. She was right, like always.

Gonna watch some league of legends tourney live streams. Maybe the price will go back down a buck 60 later tonight :)

[quote name='Ribkage']LOL sorry, maybe I should of typed out 1.60. Was just typing it how I would of said it haha.

Thanks for reply. Even my wife said "I told you to order it last night.. you spent all your gift cards from xmas on us you should just get something for yourself" blah blah. She was right, like always.[/QUOTE]

No worries, I was literally logged into the pricing system getting ready to make a change before I re read the post.

As for the reply, happy to add clarity, and yes, they are always right...

Cheers,
Tony

The first post lists the 1/31 sale of Civilization IV complete as redeemable on steam. Is this true? I remember the last time it was on sale it was simply a DRM free copy that didn't have a steam key.

[quote name='tossup']The first post lists the 1/31 sale of Civilization IV complete as redeemable on steam. Is this true? I remember the last time it was on sale it was simply a DRM free copy that didn't have a steam key.[/QUOTE]

Good call out, thanks for pointing that out. Fixed the OP. Copy/Paste/Human error.

Cheers,
Tony

I was wondering if Spore Creepy and Cute Parts was going to see a price reduction before the end of the month.

Spore Galactic Adventures has been reduced, and the Creepy parts expansion seemed poised to get a discount*, but now it's back to full price.

*I saw the same thing with 999 for the DS, where it went from a couple cents of savings to its true discount after several hours had passed.

[quote name='GamingKnight']I was wondering if Spore Creepy and Cute Parts was going to see a price reduction before the end of the month.

Spore Galactic Adventures has been reduced, and the Creepy parts expansion seemed poised to get a discount*, but now it's back to full price.

*I saw the same thing with 999 for the DS, where it went from a couple cents of savings to its true discount after several hours had passed.[/QUOTE]

ya, it'd be nice to have the Creepy and Cute + Galatic Adventures discounted too. I second your point, bro :applause: Big thanks to Tony for all the deals so far!

[quote name='The End']I don't think Sims 3 expansions/DLC bought outside of Amazon will work with the Amazon versions that you just bought. However, you should be able to register your games on Origin and play your games through that service.

In my particular case, I bought several Sims 3 games through Steam during the Summer 2011 sale and I was able to register them on origin. I'm about to but Generations and the sims 3 deluxe (just for Ambitions) and add them to the rest of my content. So as long as you don't mind using Origin, you can buy from multiple digital stores and register your games through Origin and have all your content in one place.[/QUOTE]

None of my sims3 keys I got from amazon would register on origin FYI.

[quote name='mtxbass1']None of my sims3 keys I got from amazon would register on origin FYI.[/QUOTE]

I haven't tried to register my games on Origin yet (I'll do it later when I'm home), but in the past I wasn't able to register it directly through Origin. You have to register the game keys via www.thesims3.com using your origin account info. If you try to register directly in origin, it will just tell you to go to www.thesims3.com and register it there.

I know, it's an extra step and kind of a hassle, but it does eventually work. I"m sorry, probably should have pointed that out earlier.

Darkspore on Steam

[quote name='Dalrint']When you say access to the whole game, do you mean we can access the whole game by continuing to load the demo, or that Steam now registers that we own the entire game, and we can reinstall it later, etc?[/QUOTE]

From the thread at SD it sounds like the former rather than the latter. I imagine if you want to reinstall, you'll have to redownload the demo. Full access seems to mean that you won't suddenly get a message saying "buy the game" at some point. Sorry I can't give you first hand information, but I didn't buy the game.

From the same SD thread:
Quote from Maced View Post :
By the looks of it, the steam demo is a full game client but without a key to activate it, it acts as a demo. Steam friends will see you playing "Darkspore demo" but you'll have activated a darkspore account with the amazon key and you'll have full access to the game.

[quote name='Grue']Darkspore on Steam

From the thread at SD it sounds like the former rather than the latter. I imagine if you want to reinstall, you'll have to redownload the demo. Full access seems to mean that you won't suddenly get a message saying "buy the game" at some point. Sorry I can't give you first hand information, but I didn't buy the game.

From the same SD thread:
Quote from Maced View Post :
By the looks of it, the steam demo is a full game client but without a key to activate it, it acts as a demo. Steam friends will see you playing "Darkspore demo" but you'll have activated a darkspore account with the amazon key and you'll have full access to the game.[/QUOTE]

I tested this theory out last night and it is indeed the former. People might look at you a little weird for playing a demo so much, but hey it's better than Origin. :S

[quote name='fmz65']Hm Tony I'm curious as to how Gamersgate was able to get a deal for Space Marine but Amazon wasn't?[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about the 50% off at $24.99? I was under the impression that the deal community was looking for a sub $14.99 price point similar to what GMG did?

As for how other digital distributors are able to secure whatever deals they do, I have 0 visibility into those conversations.

Hope that makes sense. If it doesn't let me know.

Cheers,
Tony

About The Sims 3....
Yes, I was able to mix both The Sims 3 DVD Retail and Late Night expansion from D2D.
You have to register your Sims 3 games and especially the expansions on Sims website on your Sims account.
Sims 3 base game is the only Sims 3 game to activate over Origin.

EDIT:
Add Sims 3: Generations from Amazon DL to the club, as well.
Mixes fine w/ the other 2.
Just make sure you Register it on Sims 3 website.

I have 2 (potentially 4) codes available to trade and I've gotten everything I'm interested/am willing to spend right now from Amazon. PM me if interested :)

Great month of sales, Tony! Thanks

[quote name='randomdud']I tested this theory out last night and it is indeed the former. People might look at you a little weird for playing a demo so much, but hey it's better than Origin. :S[/QUOTE]

This is basically the same as registering external game on Steam. Demos don't have patches and never count as games in your library. Plus, Steam can at any moment pull demo from their servers and it's back to square one. So I don't see what's the hoopla about this trick. I can register any game as an external games with Steam, including Origin games.

[quote name='netscorer']This is basically the same as registering external game on Steam. Demos don't have patches and never count as games in your library. Plus, Steam can at any moment pull demo from their servers and it's back to square one. So I don't see what's the hoopla about this trick. I can register any game as an external games with Steam, including Origin games.[/QUOTE]
You really don't read, do you? The Darkspore Demo is the FULL GAME client that is only restricted by whether you log into an account that has the key activated on it; AKA patches, full steam integration with friends functions, etc.

[quote name='The End']I haven't tried to register my games on Origin yet (I'll do it later when I'm home), but in the past I wasn't able to register it directly through Origin. You have to register the game keys via www.thesims3.com using your origin account info. If you try to register directly in origin, it will just tell you to go to www.thesims3.com and register it there.

I know, it's an extra step and kind of a hassle, but it does eventually work. I"m sorry, probably should have pointed that out earlier.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I did the sims3.com registration. I'll try origin again.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Are you talking about the 50% off at $24.99? I was under the impression that the deal community was looking for a sub $14.99 price point similar to what GMG did?

As for how other digital distributors are able to secure whatever deals they do, I have 0 visibility into those conversations.

Hope that makes sense. If it doesn't let me know.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Originally I was hoping for a similar price to GMG (with or without coupon), when you expressed that the GMG deal was impossible I was hoping for a deal like Gamersgate had.

I figure Amazon has more clout/opportunities than Gamersgate and GMG so I was curious as to how there was not a chance for any deal.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Interesting. I did the sims3.com registration. I'll try origin again.[/QUOTE]

Origin ONLY accepts registrations of Sims 3 base game.

You have to register all your Sims 3 expansions on TheSims3.com onto your Sims 3 account.

I have Sims 3 base game from Retail on DVD [also activated that on Origin]; Late Night from D2D [download]; and now Generations from Amazon download.
YES, they ALL work together just fine.

[quote name='MysterD']Origin ONLY accepts registrations of Sims 3 base game.

You have to register all your Sims 3 expansions on TheSims3.com onto your Sims 3 account.

I have Sims 3 base game from Retail on DVD [also activated that on Origin]; Late Night from D2D [download]; and now Generations from Amazon download.
YES, they ALL work together just fine.[/QUOTE]

gonna have to disagree with ya on this one :p i've registered all my sims 3 expansions to origin without problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back