Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fmz65']Originally I was hoping for a similar price to GMG (with or without coupon), when you expressed that the GMG deal was impossible I was hoping for a deal like Gamersgate had.

I figure Amazon has more clout/opportunities than Gamersgate and GMG so I was curious as to how there was not a chance for any deal.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clarifying your question. In answer, we ran Space Marine at $24.99 on December 17/18 and $19.99 on December 19. Our customers voted with their dollars and told us to focus our efforts on other deals, which is what you saw in January.

So, in terms of clout/opportunity, we ran the offer, over 1 month earlier, at the lowest price in the market (North American or Global at the time) and the response didn't merit revisiting it so quickly.

Edit - To expand, we have to be strategic with our promotional offerings and gauge when we run what sales to make sure we have compelling offers for as much of the year as possible. To ensure we have this coverage, we analyze past sales and how they performed extremely closely before repeating them. This is why you're seeing the recap on the 31st.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='kwirl']gonna have to disagree with ya on this one :p i've registered all my sims 3 expansions to origin without problems[/QUOTE]

I just logged onto Origin.

Late Night's now showing in there.
Hmmmm...EA must've fixed/changed some things.

Generations is NOT on there for me on Origin.
Tried registering it onto Origin - no dice.
It's telling me to register it on TheSims3.com - which I already did.

Try a live chat with Origin for the Sims 3 games. I was able to register all of my Sims 3 games plus all expansions. The base game registered automatically, I had physical copies of Late Night and Ambitions and a digital copies of Generations and Pets (from Amazon) and got them all to register on Origin. You do need to register on thesims3.com first.

@Tony

This pertains to the House of Valor DLC for KOA: Reckoning.

Update 2: EA issued this response to Joystiq this afternoon: "The House of Valor quest line is free bonus content available to those who purchase a new copy of Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning for the Xbox 360 and PS3 by entering the Online Pass included with the game. PC players who purchase Reckoning at one of the many digital retailers online including Origin, Steam and more, will also receive the House of Valor quest line at no cost."

So, does the Amazon PC download versions of Kingdoms Of Amalur: Reckoning come w/ House of Valor DLC quest line?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Running down the answer to this now. Stay tuned.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Thanks, Tony.
Much appreciated.
I"ll keep my eyes peeled.

[quote name='MysterD']Thanks, Tony.
Much appreciated.
I"ll keep my eyes peeled.[/QUOTE]
Thanks again! :)
Eyes will remain open and peeled.

[quote name='kwirl']gonna have to disagree with ya on this one :p i've registered all my sims 3 expansions to origin without problems[/QUOTE]

How?

I can't even get my base copy of sims 3 to register, let alone the expansions...

[quote name='mtxbass1']How?

I can't even get my base copy of sims 3 to register, let alone the expansions...[/QUOTE]

help.ea.com - select the live chat support option, give them the key and poof

Now, when we know all January deals, does anybody have an unused $5 Amazon code and is no plannig to use it?
I'd like to use one on 31.1., but I have none of them.

Please PM me.
Thank you guys!

Tony,

Any reason why Duke Nukem Forever for the Mac is now unavailable?

Hoping to pick it up while you guys are still price matching the Apple Store.

[quote name='psunami']Tony,

Hoping to pick it up while you guys are still price matching the Apple Store.[/QUOTE]

My guess would be they ran out of keys.

And that would be my guess as well... just hoping this will help them get more so that I can take advantage of it.

I'd love to think that I'm being altruistic, but I'm pretty much all about me for this deal.

[quote name='psunami']And that would be my guess as well... just hoping this will help them get more so that I can take advantage of it.

I'd love to think that I'm being altruistic, but I'm pretty much all about me for this deal.[/QUOTE]

Hey bud its back at 5 bucks.

[quote name='psunami']Tony,

Hoping to pick it up while you guys are still price matching the Apple Store.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Drabelincoln']My guess would be they ran out of keys.[/QUOTE]

Hey guys, this is back up btw. Sorry about that delay.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='psunami']We will forgive you this time, T-money.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I think I've explained this before but basically there are 2 reasons why this can happen:

1. We run out of keys
2. I forget to tell our system that we're going to be selling a ton of something, it freaks out, and pulls the product down until I tell it that it is OK. There are a bunch of reasons for this, most of them having to do with bulk purchasing and fraud.

You can guess which happened here. I wish I could tell you I just fell asleep and forgot...in reality I was playing League of Legends until 3:00AM...god I'm rusty but I pulled some silly ganks with Blitzcrank.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Thanks, I think I've explained this before but basically there are 2 reasons why this can happen:

1. We run out of keys
2. I forget to tell our system that we're going to be selling a ton of something, it freaks out, and pulls the product down until I tell it that it is OK. There are a bunch of reasons for this, most of them having to do with bulk purchasing and fraud.

You can guess which happened here. I wish I could tell you I just fell asleep and forgot...in reality I was playing League of Legends until 3:00AM...god I'm rusty but I pulled some silly ganks with Blitzcrank.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

What's your IGN on LoL?
I'd like to play with you sometime haha

[quote name='Freedom Fries']What's your IGN on LoL?
I'd like to play with you sometime haha[/QUOTE]

Banedron, fair warning, I haven't played regularly in a while and I'm still getting my feet back under me. My KDR is in the toilet right now, I'll probably need a couple of weeks before I'm not embarrassing to have on your team.

Does anyone else run into this glitch where when they click on the last page of this thread it redirects them to the same page they're on? I'm always a little behind lol. :S

[quote name='randomdud']Does anyone else run into this glitch where when they click on the last page of this thread it redirects them to the same page they're on? I'm always a little behind lol. :S[/QUOTE]

yup its weird

[quote name='randomdud']Does anyone else run into this glitch where when they click on the last page of this thread it redirects them to the same page they're on? I'm always a little behind lol. :S[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's a glitch. It seems to happen on big topics in which a lot of posts have been deleted. There have been a lot posts from people either begging or offer codes for trade/sale. Almost all of those posts eventually get deleted.

Hey, T-Money, I placed an order for Duke Nukem, and when I put in my code it showed that it would be a $0 purchase, so I thought I had already entered in my code, but it was coming out of my gift card balance instead. Any way to correct it or cancel the order?

Thanks

[quote name='psunami']I did that too, but always want to check with Tony first since he does so much for the community here.[/QUOTE]

So you posted here first, then you contacted support? Does that mean your problem is solved? It should be if you contacted support. I mean, it shouldn't take them more than 5 minutes to fix the problem.

Tony plays lol?! Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

Im pretty awful in the big scheme of things myself but eh, whos counting. Its fun, not work. We dont have to be good at fun! I cant even play ranked because it vacuums the fun right out of it for me.

/derail important thread

[quote name='The End']So you posted here first, then you contacted support? Does that mean your problem is solved? It should be if you contacted support. I mean, it shouldn't take them more than 5 minutes to fix the problem.[/QUOTE]

It's been well over an hour and no word. I sent a message to them within a minute of my order being placed, hence the effort with Tony.

It sounds like you sent them an email. That's not a bad choice, but you'd probably get quicker results if you went through live chat.

[quote name='psunami']It's been well over an hour and no word. I sent a message to them within a minute of my order being placed, hence the effort with Tony.[/QUOTE]

Use the chat feature

[quote name='psunami']Hey, T-Money, I placed an order for Duke Nukem, and when I put in my code it showed that it would be a $0 purchase, so I thought I had already entered in my code, but it was coming out of my gift card balance instead. Any way to correct it or cancel the order?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Hey there psunami, I'd recommend using the live chat. Unfortunately there are some systems I don't have access to, such as customer orders, refunds etc.

Live chat is extremely helpful though, I use it myself when I have ordering issues.

[quote name='Ribkage']Tony plays lol?! Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

Im pretty awful in the big scheme of things myself but eh, whos counting. Its fun, not work. We dont have to be good at fun! I cant even play ranked because it vacuums the fun right out of it for me.

/derail important thread[/QUOTE]

Yeah man, love me some LoL. Feel free to send me a message in game. I don't get a TON of time to play these days, but I try to get a couple hours in per week.

Cheers,
Tony

They did end up taking care of me and I sent them another message sending in one of the promotion keys, since they just credited back my account. I would have felt bad about that without sending in one of my keys.

Thanks for the assist Tony.

Well at first I was really skeptical about the deal with the promo codes. For the first week or two the "bestsellers" list seemed very limited and inflated. But amazon really came through with some nice deals this month. Thanks for that.

SWEET, I was hoping for a Risen deal soon!!!!!! That game is still freaking $30 normally! Crazy for a game that came out in '09! Awesome!

@Tony
Any word yet on if KOA: Reckoning PC download comes w/ House of Valor DLC...or not?

EDIT:
About Risen PC download - you guys really should post somewhere that on the game's page that this version is now DRM-FREE.
That should help you guys make some sales, since I'm sure many avoided Risen PC b/c it contains that bloody Tages online activation check. ;)
Heck - any time a game is DRM-FREE and you guys at Amazon know it, that should be posted on your game's page for the PC download version.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MysterD']@Tony
Any word yet on if KOA: Reckoning PC download comes w/ House of Valor DLC...or not?[/QUOTE]

It "has" to...supposed to be you buy the game new you get the DLC, period. EA is already screwing people over by doing this to begin with but if they're selective on the ways which you can receive it...well, that's really fucked up.

[quote name='JKSonic']It "has" to...supposed to be you buy the game new you get the DLC, period. EA is already screwing people over by doing this to begin with but if they're selective on the ways which you can receive it...well, that's really fucked up.[/QUOTE]

It supposed to come on new copies only, yes.
Of course, on the PC, pretty much, you can only get new copies.

But, they (EA) didn't mention Amazon DL as one of the download sites that gets the House Of Valor DLC.
They mentioned Origin, Steam, and "more" - but didn't say who some of the "more" were.
Hence why I'm asking.

See this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back