Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
December:
Dungeon Defenders
Empire: Total War
Drakensang: River of Time
Magicka Collection
Darkspore
Total War: Shogun 2
Jagged Alliance 2
Majesty 2 Complete
Avadon
2K Megapack:
(Bioshock 1
Bioshock 2
Borderlands GOTY
Civcity Rome
DNF Complete Pack
Mafia II
Civ V GOTY
Civ IV Complete
Stronghold Collection)

Dragon Age II
Divinity II: DKS
Dungeon Siege III
DA:O Ultimate

January:

Witcher Enhanced Director's cut
AC: Director's Cut
Rome Total War Gold
GTA IV
Homefront
MOH
Spore
Risen

I wonder if you guys can help me with something real quick. I purchased a copy of Bulletstorm for a friend but it doesn't activate on Steam or Origin. Is there any way for him to download the software without me giving him access to my account?

My Dec/Jan. Haul:

Bigfoot Chasing Shadows
Midnight Mysteries Salem Witch Trials (yes I like adventure/hidden treasure games)
Cryostasis
Necrovision
Crysis Max
Crysis 2
Alice Returns
Witcher
GTA IV
Dead Space 2
Homefront

For a grand total of 23.45

That's a little over $2 bucks a game and I actually did better with the deals in January than I did in December... though Cryostasis and Necrovision had been on my list for a few years but I didn't want to pay more than a few bucks for them.

[quote name='bigrozz']I wonder if you guys can help me with something real quick. I purchased a copy of Bulletstorm for a friend but it doesn't activate on Steam or Origin. Is there any way for him to download the software without me giving him access to my account?[/QUOTE]

u can download the installer from Amazon Downloader, transfer it to a usb, give your friend the file and the key :)

My haul:

December:
Renegade Ops
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Dead Island
Dungeon Defenders
Red Faction: Armageddon

January:
Duke Nukem Forever
Homefront
Crysis 2
BF:BC2 Vietnam Expansion

Not bad at all. Only thing I'm unhappy with so far is the BF:BC2 expansion, as it won't register through Origin and I can't get the base game to launch properly. It runs, sitting in the taskbar and making noise, but won't let me view the window. Frustrating.

Here are what I got :

amazon1k.jpg

amazon2k.jpg

amazon3i.jpg

Total spent is $56.66 and actual value is way way more :applause:

I even got copies for friends or to trade ;)

Also got DAO: Ultimate and DNF DLCs in trades from great members of CAG

On the other hand, here are what I got from Steam :

steamzy.jpg

Amazon wins by a large margin :applause:

Tony,

since we have your ear - some suggestions maybe you can forward to the appropriate teams:

- any way we can organize our digital downloads on the amazon page - e.g. I 'bought' some game demos and would love to stash them away from my real game downloads - something similar to what gog.com does with it's virtual bookshelf where you can re-arrange things.

- would be great if you could clearly mark games that need online subscriptions (like rift). I read an earlier suggestion about marking drm-free games.

- as previously suggested - PLEASE allow us to download the games to a different location than our desktop. My nightly backups are picking up gigs of unfinished game downloads - stuff I don't really care to backup.

thank you

[quote name='CheapThomas']Tony,

since we have your ear - some suggestions maybe you can forward to the appropriate teams:

- any way we can organize our digital downloads on the amazon page - e.g. I 'bought' some game demos and would love to stash them away from my real game downloads - something similar to what gog.com does with it's virtual bookshelf where you can re-arrange things.

- would be great if you could clearly mark games that need online subscriptions (like rift). I read an earlier suggestion about marking drm-free games.

- as previously suggested - PLEASE allow us to download the games to a different location than our desktop. My nightly backups are picking up gigs of unfinished game downloads - stuff I don't really care to backup.

thank you[/QUOTE]

Literally all of the things you just mentioned are on the roadmap for our dev team. They just get prioritized behind things like making your download speeds faster :).

In all seriousness though, we definitely have identified some low hanging fruit that we're working on, particularly in DRM/Subscription communication. There is just ALOT of process that has to happen before we create/add any sort of icons to Amazon.com pages.

Thanks for the questions/feedback, as soon as we have stuff in production you guys will be the first to know (or invited to test :)).

Cheers,
Tony

Those are all good suggestions and would be appreciated. My biggest want is auto patching. Having to hear that there is a patch for your game and go and find it is so 1998.

went from 0 digital games to these on amazon in the last 2 months:

empire total war
napoleon total war
medieval II
rome total war
aliens vs. predator
total war shogun 2
lara croft and the guardians of light
shogun 2 the blood pack dlc
shogun 2 rise of the samurai campaign
stronghold collection
civ iv
civ v
heroes v tribes of the east
heroes v hammers of fate
heroes v
dead space 2
dragon age 2
dragon age origins
medal of honor
bad company 2
crysis wars
crysis
crysis warhead
bulletstorm
crysis 2
need for speed hot pursuit
darkspore
the withcer
risen
duke nukem forever
alice madness
spore

I already owned about a third of these but was just sick and tired of having to hunt down for the CDs every time I wanted to play them so got the digital ones instead. A few I could have gotten a bit cheaper at steam but for now i'd rather keep all my games w/ amazon.

question to the forum - I've seen folks trading steam games etc. - my impression was that once you put a code into steam it was locked forever. Are the games being traded never been activated or is there a special way you can detach a game from your account and give it to someone else? Is there also a way to trade amazon games? thanks!

[quote name='CheapThomas']
question to the forum - I've seen folks trading steam games etc. - my impression was that once you put a code into steam it was locked forever. Are the games being traded never been activated or is there a special way you can detach a game from your account and give it to someone else? Is there also a way to trade amazon games? thanks![/QUOTE]

What you see people are trading are either unactivated codes or they are in their steam inventory but have not been "opened" yet.

[quote name='pROvIs']What you see people are trading are either unactivated codes or they are in their steam inventory but have not been "opened" yet.[/QUOTE]

Yep, basically if you buy a steamworks game on Amazon you could trade or sell the code as long as you hadn't activated it on steam and someone else will then be able to active the code to their steam account.

[quote name='agentghost']u can download the installer from Amazon Downloader, transfer it to a usb, give your friend the file and the key :)[/QUOTE]

Sweet! Worked perfectly, thanks!

Heres what I got
Crysis ME
Crysis 2
Deus Ex HR
Duke Nukem F

I would have got more if I had more coupons hehe
Well, not bad for buying form amazon for the very first time

[quote name='jazyje']I tried activating SPore I bought from amazon on Origin and didn't work --- any way to make that a success?[/QUOTE]

I have an old retail copy and it wouldn't activate either, just kept getting a weird screen. Can anybody even confirm that Spore DOES activate? I know it hd it's own DRM at launch and was one of the first big "online all the time to play single player" games released...

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']My Dec/Jan. Haul:

Bigfoot Chasing Shadows
Midnight Mysteries Salem Witch Trials (yes I like adventure/hidden treasure games)
Cryostasis
Necrovision
Crysis Max
Crysis 2
Alice Returns
Witcher
GTA IV
Dead Space 2
Homefront

For a grand total of 23.45

That's a little over $2 bucks a game and I actually did better with the deals in January than I did in December... though Cryostasis and Necrovision had been on my list for a few years but I didn't want to pay more than a few bucks for them.[/QUOTE]

Our hauls are exactly the same, I just bought a few more and left out the Witch Trials :)

Civilization V
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Dead Space 2 (2X)
Mirrors Edge
Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition
Dragon Age 2
Duke Nukem Forever.

Steam: Portal 2

My haul:

December

Just Cause 2
Lara Croft Guardian of Light (2x)
Renegade Ops (2x)
Metro 2033

January (used coupons for all of these)

Duke Nukem Forever (2x)
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit
Crysis ME
Crysis 2
Medal of Honor
Dead Space 2 (ended up getting 1 key free from Amazon so I guess it'd count as 2x?)
Dragon Age Ultimate + Dragon Age 2 Pack
GTA4
Assassin's Creed

Through December and January I bought:

Just Cause 2
Space Pirates and Zombies
Duke Nukem Forever

Paid a total of $2.47 for all of that. Had a $10 credit from a previous purchase, and I received a $5 best sellers credit for the Just Cause 2 purchase.

Hm, strange, I redeemed the code that Amazon gave me for Bad Company 2 and Origin asked me if it was the Digital Deluxe version, which has Vietnam included, pressed yes and now the game is asking me for the Vietnam code.

Neither. AFAIK, the only version of BF:BC2 Amazon sells is the base game, which doesn't entitle you to the DLC. Selecting "digital deluxe" if you only have a regular key doesn't give you the DLC, you still have to unlock it by buying it.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Neither. AFAIK, the only version of BF:BC2 Amazon sells is the base game, which doesn't entitle you to the DLC. Selecting "digital deluxe" if you only have a regular key doesn't give you the DLC, you still have to unlock it by buying it.[/QUOTE]
Yup, that's what they told me. :p Still it was strange for the Origin client to let me choose the Digital Deluxe.

Still, wanted to test my luck by them giving me the codes. Haha, oh well. :lol:

My haul since November 30:

Risen
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Crysis 2
Alice: Madness Returns
Rollercoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum
Dragon Age 2
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Game of the Year Edition
Renegade Ops
Napoleon: Total War Imperial Edition
Dead Island

my haul since november
-batman arkham city
-forza 4
-BF3
-Deus ex HR
-Orcs must die
-splinter cell collection
-gta 4
-dead space 2
-left 4 dead
-stalker
-dragon age collection
-counter strike complete collection
-mafia 2
-mortal kombat

[quote name='sunghost']My haul:

December

Just Cause 2
Lara Croft Guardian of Light (2x)
Renegade Ops (2x)
Metro 2033

January (used coupons for all of these)

Duke Nukem Forever (2x)
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit
Crysis ME
Crysis 2
Medal of Honor
Dead Space 2 (ended up getting 1 key free from Amazon so I guess it'd count as 2x?)
Dragon Age Ultimate + Dragon Age 2 Pack
GTA4
Assassin's Creed[/QUOTE]
did u get get gta free as well

[quote name='brown ghost']my haul since november
-batman arkham city
-forza 4
-BF3
-Deus ex HR
-Orcs must die
-splinter cell collection
-gta 4
-dead space 2
-left 4 dead
-stalker
-dragon age collection
-counter strike complete collection
-mafia 2
-mortal kombat[/QUOTE]

when was orcs must die on amazon?

[quote name='headpiece747']Hey guys if you haven't already then go vote for T-Money for CAG Community Award 2011 you know he deserves it. Especially putting up with some of us and still coming back.[/QUOTE]

If T-Money doesn't win, it's inevitably because there are more CAGs that are "console-only" gamers than there are PC CAGs (even with the console/PC CAGs included in this group).

We love you Tony, I hope you know that you win by a landslide in our eyes. ;)

My vote goes to Tony too

I don't play console games, only PC :D

[quote name='MysterD']@Tony
I doubt you guys at Amazon digital deals will match GreenManGaming's upcoming deal for Space Marine at $12.49 USD on GroundHog Day (2/2/2012 @ 0000 EST) b/c it's an International Deal...
But can we expect Space Marine from you guys at Amazon download in that ballpark of pricing or lower, sooner or later? :p[/QUOTE]

Damn!

Totally broke now

Anybody wants Deus Ex HR or Dirt 3 or Crysis 2 + DNF or Orcs Must Die and get me Space Marine ?
smile.gif

[quote name='konzen30']aaaand thats that, man i just got into pc gaming and these sales made me insomia. Ive been watching steam sales,amazon,gog,gamersgate,d2d,gmg like im some security guard watching hundreds of security tv ugh but it was worth it got a niceee haul for just over $60. thanks amazon![/QUOTE]

You and me both, this past week I've had a couple of nights where I was able to get like SIX hours of sleep. It was glorious :). The past couple of months have been ridiculously awesome though, I'm glad you enjoyed them as much as I did!

[quote name='diishen']Tony, I'm not sure what you got in your sleeves for an encore but this was pretty amazing, you definitely have me looking forward to the next sale =)

Thanks![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Kurina']@Tony

Not sure if you can answer this or not, but are there any plans to run a similar sale during the summer months to compete with the second annual Steam sale that usually happens? I certainly feel like I made quite a haul these past two months at Amazon, and don't want to wait until Christmas to do it again :D[/QUOTE]

This question/comment are similar enough that I'll answer them together.

1. @diishen - We've got some fun stuff baking up over here in the laboratory, stay tuned :).

2. @Kurina - I can't get into specifics but we will definitely be having seasonal promotions as well as ad hoc. Deal of the Week will continue to occur every Sunday-Saturday as well.

[quote name='JKSonic']I was told by a rep that Amazon.com MC's cannot be used for Amazon.com digital purchases. I tried to use mine and it just kept looping me to enter my info again (it was already saved), after talking to three people about it he finally said the issue was you just can't use them.

Ok?...

Anybody else run into that problem.[/QUOTE]

MC? Are those the credit card reward points? If so, I can tell you I talked to the team that owns that project and confirmed that they don't currently work on Digital items but it is on the roadmap for this year with high priority.

[quote name='Freedom Fries']So how about Divinity II? ;)[/QUOTE]

Working on it, I promise, we have a few deals of the week flighted in front of it and I want to make sure we run down and fully test the DRM free version before we promote it (so you guys don't have to patch it yourselves).

[quote name='MysterD']@Tony
I doubt you guys at Amazon digital deals will match GreenManGaming's upcoming deal for Space Marine at $12.49 USD on GroundHog Day (2/2/2012 @ 0000 EST) b/c it's an International Deal...
But can we expect Space Marine from you guys at Amazon download in that ballpark of pricing or lower, sooner or later? :p[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tjs09']I WILL NOT PASS UP THIS DEAL A SECOND TIME!

Sorry Amazon :)[/QUOTE]

Hey MysterD, you're correct we won't match the international deal but we are in conversation about a sale at a similar price point, we've been in these conversations for a while though so I don't have a solid timeline for you yet.

@tjs09 - I would totally encourage you to take advantage of the best price you can on the market to play awesome games. I'd obviously love it if everyone waited around for our promotions, but that wouldn't be a reasonable expectation to set of you as customers. We'll have another promotion that you get jazzed about, I'm sure of it :).

P.S. I don't know if you were going for the Gandalf reference with your post...but it made me laugh.

[quote name='headpiece747']Hey guys if you haven't already then go vote for T-Money for CAG Community Award 2011 you know he deserves it. Especially putting up with some of us and still coming back.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='atreyuevr']If T-Money doesn't win, it's inevitably because there are more CAGs that are "console-only" gamers than there are PC CAGs (even with the console/PC CAGs included in this group).

We love you Tony, I hope you know that you win by a landslide in our eyes. ;)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ruuin']My vote goes to Tony, yeah![/QUOTE]

[quote name='r9800pro']My vote goes to Tony too

I don't play console games, only PC :D

Damn!

Totally broke now

Anybody wants Deus Ex HR or Dirt 3 or Crysis 2 + DNF or Orcs Must Die and get me Space Marine ?
smile.gif
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pinkgun']No hesitation, VOTE GOES TO T-MONEY :)[/QUOTE]

Hey guys,

You rock...thanks for the votes of confidence, I really appreciate it. I think we've done some pretty cool stuff this year (by we I mean you guys and Amazon), and I'm really excited to see what happens in the rest of 2012! You guys all have my vote as "best customers"

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']MC? Are those the credit card reward points? If so, I can tell you I talked to the team that owns that project and confirmed that they don't currently work on Digital items but it is on the roadmap for this year with high priority.
[/QUOTE]

That is good news! I never actually asked but have been wondering about this for a while. I have a Discover and Chase Amazon Visa and get reward points for both but I can never use them on 'virtual' products like the digital downloads or Android apps.

It would definitely influence my decision to get games from Amazon vs elsewhere if I could use those reward points.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals'] @tjs09 - I would totally encourage you to take advantage of the best price you can on the market to play awesome games. I'd obviously love it if everyone waited around for our promotions, but that wouldn't be a reasonable expectation to set of you as customers. We'll have another promotion that you get jazzed about, I'm sure of it :).

P.S. I don't know if you were going for the Gandalf reference with your post...but it made me laugh.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I usually miss with those references. :)

Can't wait until the next promotion. I've already stocked up my bank account for round two :D

[quote name='r9800pro']Space Marine is $16.99 on Steam and now Amazon should choose the price :lol:[/QUOTE]

Hamsters, wheels, should flip in the next hour/2 hours.

Cheers,
Tony

I really like this price matching thing which AMAZON regularly do. But what competitive edge it gives over STEAM when both are selling at exactly the same price???

[quote name='faraany3k']I really like this price matching thing which AMAZON regularly do. But what competitive edge it gives over STEAM when both are selling at exactly the same price???[/QUOTE]

Lots of people have Amazon credit.

[quote name='faraany3k']I really like this price matching thing which AMAZON regularly do. But what competitive edge it gives over STEAM when both are selling at exactly the same price???[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Lots of people have Amazon credit.[/QUOTE]

Drabelincoln touched on credit, but if you look at the sales history our competitive edge has come in the form of simply having awesome deals. Some examples include:

1. Deus Ex: $9.99 MONTHS before anyone else
2. Just Cause 2: $2.50
3. Civ V GOTY: $10.49
4. Borderlands GOTY: $5.99
5. NBA 2K12: $9.99
6. Dungeon Defenders: $1.99
7. Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light: $1.99
8. Crysis 2: $9.99
9. Currently selling Darkness II for $42.49 - 15% lower than Steam, and have had it 20% lower.
10. Dungeon Siege III: $4.99
11. Anno 2070: $34.99
12. Total War: Shogun 2: $7.49 months before anyone else
13. Risen: $5.99
14. Tropico 4: $4.99
15: Giving $5 coupons to everyone who bought games in December so they could get games like Crysis 2 for $5, Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate + Dragon Age 2 for $6.99, Dead Space 2 for free, Assassin's Creed for free.

We match our competitors so customers know they can come to Amazon and get the best prices (U.S. Prices) and we maintain a competitive edge by running awesome promotions pretty regularly...Hope this helps answer your question.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Drabelincoln touched on credit, but if you look at the sales history our competitive edge has come in the form of simply having awesome deals. Some examples include:

1. Deus Ex: $9.99 MONTHS before anyone else
2. Just Cause 2: $2.50
3. Civ V GOTY: $10.49
4. Borderlands GOTY: $5.99
5. NBA 2K12: $9.99
6. Dungeon Defenders: $1.99
7. Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light: $1.99
8. Crysis 2: $9.99
9. Currently selling Darkness II for $42.49 - 15% lower than Steam, and have had it 20% lower.
10. Dungeon Siege III: $4.99
11. Anno 2070: $34.99
12. Total War: Shogun 2: $7.49 months before anyone else
13. Risen: $5.99
14. Tropico 4: $4.99
15: Giving $5 coupons to everyone who bought games in December so they could get games like Crysis 2 for $5, Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate + Dragon Age 2 for $6.99, Dead Space 2 for free, Assassin's Creed for free.

We match our competitors so customers know they can come to Amazon and get the best prices (U.S. Prices) and we maintain a competitive edge by running awesome promotions pretty regularly...Hope this helps answer your question.

Let me know if you have any other questions.[/QUOTE]

So, when we gonna see NBA2K12 hit $5? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back