Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']They shouldn't be, I've ordered pretty large numbers of keys, even assuming a really healthy forecast. That being said, if they do we'll scramble to get more keys stat.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Did you get a large key amount for MW2? :p
You do realize...this is a CALL OF DUTY game, right? :p

Prob jump on Borderlands just to have it in Steam (I have the DVD version).

Tempted to get MW2 but since I never played the first and generally dislike how they've handled those games I might pass.

[quote name='iTofuMan']Dont want to sound like im impatient, but when exactly does this sale happen? exactly at 12am?[/QUOTE]

The time is variable, anytime between 12:00AM - 12:45AM PST for this many titles.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']The time is variable, anytime between 12:00AM - 12:45AM PST for this many titles.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks! i guess thats only 2 hours from now. so it would be 10pm in my time zone! awesome cannot wait! havent played Borderlands since i had it for xbox.

Bought dungeon defenders. Waiting for the V-day sale to start. Also, waiting for a sale on Battlefield 3 ;)

By the way, how do you get the bonus pet from Amazon on Dungeon Defenders? Do you have to be a certain level?

[quote name='unknown0']Bought dungeon defenders. Waiting for the V-day sale to start. Also, waiting for a sale on Battlefield 3 ;)

By the way, how do you get the bonus pet from Amazon on Dungeon Defenders? Do you have to be a certain level?[/QUOTE]

From Slickdeals:

Sooo, anyone else had a problem getting their Nagi familiar? I don't seem to have mine.

EDIT - Had to create local game and Nagi was added to inventory. Just joining MP games didn't add Nagi.

Try this and let me know if it works?

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']From Slickdeals:

Sooo, anyone else had a problem getting their Nagi familiar? I don't seem to have mine.

EDIT - Had to create local game and Nagi was added to inventory. Just joining MP games didn't add Nagi.

Try this and let me know if it works?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Been playing local for a bit and haven't seen the pet. Haven't played an online game yet. Not sure why it's not there...

[quote name='unknown0']Been playing local for a bit and haven't seen the pet. Haven't played an online game yet. Not sure why it's not there...[/QUOTE]

Hmm researching now, pulling the reference from the page until I can confirm Nagi is activated with the keys we have.

Thanks for the heads up, stay tuned and PM me with a good email address to contact you at.

Cheers,
Tony

If it works the same way the Steam gifts do, they show up in your own personal Tavern. Create a game in ranked and go there. You might need to be high enough level to use them, I'm not sure.

The gifts were physically in the middle of the Tavern, had to go pick them up.

Got Borderlands and MW2 :). Thinking of picking up Battlefield BC2 and the expansion. Do I have to activate it on Origin to play? Any nasty DRM that comes with it?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']You're welcome :) Hope you enjoy!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I will tell my friends about these deals and am sure at least 5-6 of them will grab. If only Black Ops could be $10 :lol:

I wanted to get Fifa 2012 but it is unplayable with Eyefinity :cry:

[quote name='dddeals.net']Borderlands GOTY is not Steamworks.[/QUOTE]

Yes it is, this has been covered extensively in this thread. I'm sure MysterD will respond with a more in depth explanation but the Downloadable version is Steamworks, apparently the packaged good (retail box) was not.

I personally purchased a copy of this game to confirm and have activated it on Steam.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yes it is, this has been covered extensively in this thread. I'm sure MysterD will respond with a more in depth explanation but the Downloadable version is Steamworks, apparently the packaged good (retail box) was not.

I personally purchased a copy of this game to confirm and have activated it on Steam.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Sorry then, it's a great deal! I'd instantly grab if I didn't already have it on Steam.

[quote name='dddeals.net']Sorry then, it's a great deal! I'd instantly grab if I didn't already have it on Steam.[/QUOTE]

No worries :) Night, see you all in the AM!

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='unknown0']Got Borderlands and MW2 :). Thinking of picking up Battlefield BC2 and the expansion. Do I have to activate it on Origin to play? Any nasty DRM that comes with it?[/QUOTE]

Securom activation was patched out of BC2 and you need an EA/Origin account to play multiplayer (not required for single player).

Origin is not required.

hi, im a newbie when it come to steam and buyin digital games from amazon. I have a question for DVG Amazon... is the whole dlc in the magicka collection come with steam keys? and a second question... i noticed that World of Goo is $2.99... but does that work with steam? thank you

[quote name='kwirl']am i the only person who doesn't really mind drm stuff? i mean, don't get it wrong - back when i couldn't afford games and before i knew any better, i pirated my share of games. over time, i realized that i enjoyed those games so much that i just started buying them because it was easier, then steam taught me that games don't have to cost 60 dollars and between steam, amazon and origin i now have about a terabyte of games that i've purchased. the only one i ever run into problems with is EA's origin service, but that is not really a drm problem, more likely a clusterfuck account history problem.

whats the big deal if a game has drm? why exactly does it matter? with the speed of today's computers and video cards i rarely notice system requirements anymore, with hard drives as cheap as they are i don't care about updates and patches anymore, either.

more the point, if the drm doesn't affect your ability to play the game offline, what is the real focus of the hate?[/QUOTE]

I generally don't mind SecuROM (without install limits), but I have had problems with it on Borderlands where it has, at random times, denied me access to Moxxi and Zombie Island. You have to download a tool from them to get it to work (it's listed in the SecuROM troubleshooting FAQ).

Having said that, Borderlands GOTY is an amazingly fun game and it provides a ton of playtime.

[quote name='hal']I generally don't mind SecuROM (without install limits), but I have had problems with it on Borderlands where it has, at random times, denied me access to Moxxi and Zombie Island. You have to download a tool from them to get it to work (it's listed in the SecuROM troubleshooting FAQ).

Having said that, Borderlands GOTY is an amazingly fun game and it provides a ton of playtime.[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised 2k/Gearbox still haven't patched out Securom activation for Moxxi and Zombie (at least on Steam) :(

COD MW2 and Borderlands purchased. Both did in fact activate on steam no problem. According to steam, the first 2 dlcs that have secure rom are also 5 machine activation limits. Is this one of those games where amazon would replace the key if that limit was reached? I know you all would on a base game, but what about where dlc is concerned?

I'm so weak got MW2...Damn u Tony! :whistle2:#. I could not resist such a ridiculous price since Activision would NEVER price it that low on Steam.

MW2 = instant buy. Wow, amazon > steam > activision!

Already have pretty much all other games... Any opinions on Rise of Flight though? I see it cannot be activated "anywhere," correct?

Hi Tony, Thanks a lot for the Borderlands GOTY :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

I asked you a couple of weeks ago,..,and you got it.

By other hand, do you think we'll get "Deus Ex the missing link DLC" on sale soon?

Regards!!!!

@Tony (or others who may know!)

Can Gatling Gears be registered onto Origin? Would actually like to grab the game and give the code to a friend so he can play it, as I already own the game and would love to give co-op a try. I see a reviewer further down the page raging about Origin, but I rarely trust reviewers these days, so was hoping for official confirmation that it can be registered on the service, making gifting much more easy.

[quote name='Kurina']@Tony (or others who may know!)

Can Gatling Gears be registered onto Origin? Would actually like to grab the game and give the code to a friend so he can play it, as I already own the game and would love to give co-op a try. I see a reviewer further down the page raging about Origin, but I rarely trust reviewers these days, so was hoping for official confirmation that it can be registered on the service, making gifting much more easy.[/QUOTE]

I believe it requires Origin, thus you will need to use the code and cannot install then pass the code along. You really didn't think EA would allow that old trick did you?

See here for earlier CAG discussion about Gatling Gears and Origin:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302670

Apparently, even the Steam version requires Origin :p

*ETA: I think I may have misinterpreted here. If you were asking if you could buy a two pack and then just email a key to a friend that they could register on Origin then yes, it appears so.

[quote name='pinkgun']Does anyone know Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West can be activated at steam? It seems use steamwork and it is 75%OFF currently

http://www.amazon.com/Lead-Gold-Gangs-Wild-Download/dp/B004GKNKQQ/[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Drabelincoln']I was wondering the same thing[/QUOTE]

I'll let Tony officially confirm, but I am going to say seems likely since Impulse/Gamestop is reporting it being Steamworks and Gamersgate is noting "3rd party download required" which for them almost always means Steam.

As an aside, I wish Amazon were more clear in their product descriptions about when a game is Steamworks and in general what the DRM is, but maybe this one just slipped through the cracks?

Most of the time I end up checking reviews to see if anyone is whining about Steam being required, but in this case there aren't any.

Gatling gears looks cool, wish they had a 4 pack or something to get copies for friends at a slightly discounted rate. I may wait until its 75% off.

Thanks Tony, didn't know what else to get for my college age daughters so I got them both copies of Dungeon Defenders and Boderlands GOTY (I already have copies of them myself) so they can play coop.

Some suggestion to take back to the power that be - there needs to be a way to purchase more than one digital item in a single order, credit card companies don't like to see a bunch of small charges in a short time frame. Also would be nice if there were a gifting option like on Steam. I just bought the keys for the games myself and emailed them to my daughters but it would be nice if there was a way I could buy them to have them show up in their accounts.

Keep up the great work.

A question for Tony or anybody that can answer.
I bought Borderlands GOTY earlier today and was wondering how to access the DLC. I activated it on Steam (haven't played it), but is it accessible right from the game? Or do I need to do something else?

I'm sure this is a stupid question, but any help is appreciated.

[quote name='Gluteus']A question for Tony or anybody that can answer.
I bought Borderlands GOTY earlier today and was wondering how to access the DLC. I activated it on Steam (haven't played it), but is it accessible right from the game? Or do I need to do something else?

I'm sure this is a stupid question, but any help is appreciated.[/QUOTE]

It's in the game. You use one of the transporter things to get to the different dlc

[quote name='Drabelincoln']It's in the game. You use one of the transporter things to get to the different dlc[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I appreciate it. :)

Well I caved and got MW2, Magicka Collection, and Baron Wittard. Those are some good deals on the adventure games too. The Oddworld games are really cheap for those interested.

[quote name='FQRizzo']So...many...cheap...games...hard drive...filling...cannot resist. *passes out*[/QUOTE]

Couldn't install MW2 because there was no disk space

Just installed a new Seagate 2.0TB External drive to move things and free some space for Steam :lol:

Gonna order a new 3.0TB today :applause:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back