Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kratier']sigh;
just bought me1+2 and its giving me invalid product key for registering me1 on origin[/QUOTE]

thats because its not meant to activate in Origin...just go to the chat..give them your key they will add it

[quote name='jkimrey']Tony,

Any hints whether Alan Wake will be part of a deal when it's first available on Amazon?

I know you guys are working hard on the upcoming sale, and that you're working on getting Alan Wake up, I guess the question is - will the stars align right away, or are we looking a couple weeks at least before a sale? :D

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure when Alan Wake will be part of a deal, mostly because I'm not 100% sure when we're getting it on sale, other than soon. I know it won't be part of the upcoming promotion due to this lack of certainty about release.

I'll let you know though :).

Cheers,
Tony

FYI don't know if everyone saw, but we moved the price of ME3 back to $59.99 but added $10 promo credit good for other video games (all video games not just game downloads) for 1 year.

Cheers,
Tony

PAYDAY for 5 bucks? The lowest US price I've ever seen so far, awesome deals as always, Good job and Thank you Tony :applause:

Btw, I wonder when will the promotion list come out?

Has anyone asked Amazon support for a replacement key yet? how did you get them to give you a new one?

EA/Origin claims my crysis key is invalid but Amazon support says my key is fine - with me stuck in the middle. thanks!

[quote name='CheapThomas']Has anyone asked Amazon support for a replacement key yet? how did you get them to give you a new one?

EA/Origin claims my crysis key is invalid but Amazon support says my key is fine - with me stuck in the middle. thanks![/QUOTE]

Were you trying to register Crysis with Origin? If so it won't....you'd have to ask a EA rep to add it and cross your fingers that you find one that will. I don't know if they are supposed to or not but it seems really hit or miss with getting them to do it.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Were you trying to register Crysis with Origin? If so it won't....you'd have to ask a EA rep to add it and cross your fingers that you find one that will. I don't know if they are supposed to or not but it seems really hit or miss with getting them to do it.[/QUOTE]

^This I have gone through 2 EA rep who either say please contact Amazon or they don't understand what I am talking about. I am currently in line with the third rep from EA trying to get Mass Effect registered on my Origin account. Just sucks the wait time is like 15min for each time.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Were you trying to register Crysis with Origin? If so it won't....you'd have to ask a EA rep to add it and cross your fingers that you find one that will. I don't know if they are supposed to or not but it seems really hit or miss with getting them to do it.[/QUOTE]

I've gone through 4 reps so far - and managed to add most of my current and older EA games registered. crysis they claim the key is bad and when I try to use one of the 'special' links, it complains the key is already used.

so somehow they've done something to it but not the right thing. ohh well - will keep trying :)

[quote name='kiwimonster']^This I have gone through 2 EA rep who either say please contact Amazon or they don't understand what I am talking about. I am currently in line with the third rep from EA trying to get Mass Effect registered on my Origin account. Just sucks the wait time is like 15min for each time.[/QUOTE]

i just sent an email to support yesterday to register my ME key with origin... they had me set up an account at the pogo site (that's been mentioned several times in this thread) and link it to my EA account, then they just added the key for me. maybe 5 minutes of my actual time, although spread over a period of several hours.

Wow. 4.99 for Payday, better than I expected to see it for at least a year. Definitely in for it, wish I could get the PSN version for 4.99 too but they never have good sales.

[quote name='ginjaninja88']Hey Tony and the rest of the Amazon team , good job on everything your doing, to provide us gamers with amazing deals. Just one request , would it be possible to add the "add to wishlist" function to the download games , so we can easily store our most wanted games together and in future if gifting becomes a possibility others can buy for us.
Thanks alot , would like to see a good deal on the saboteur and the first nfs shift game in the future!![/QUOTE]

I agree, this would be a fantastic feature and seems like it shouldn't be difficult to implement. Instant watch movies and shows can be added to a wish list, for example.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Our version of Payday is definitely Steam activateable. It is at the bottom of the page, and yes, I agree that this should should be more prominent on the page. Changing design elements on Amazon pages is a Herculean task that I'm currently trudging through :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Yes, PLEASE emphasize how important this is to them. I can honestly say that after price, whether or not a game is Steam activate-able and what, if any, other DRM it may have is the single biggest deciding factor on whether or not I will buy a game. Given the many, many, many times people ask about this, I hardly think I am alone.

If there is anyone I can write personally about this to Amazon let me know and I will do it. Other sites place this information prominently at the top and it's rather irksome to have to always hunt around for it, plus I am sure you are tired of answering the same question over and over. ;-)

[quote name='inm8num2']I agree, this would be a fantastic feature and seems like it shouldn't be difficult to implement. Instant watch movies and shows can be added to a wish list, for example.[/QUOTE]

For now, I just use the universal wishlist button. You can use it to add any item from any site to an Amazon wishlist, even Amazon pages that don't normally have the option.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Wow. 4.99 for Payday, better than I expected to see it for at least a year. Definitely in for it, wish I could get the PSN version for 4.99 too but they never have good sales.[/QUOTE]

I'm all over Payday.

Gonna need some co-op partners when this goes on sale.

[quote name='kiwimonster']Uh is EA support usually this crappy? I've had two reps in a row now just instantly end the chat session as soon as I say Hello.[/QUOTE]

Its hit or miss. The more you explain, the better off you are. Whenever I had those old EA games added I always tell them that I created a pogo account, and that I had my profile linked. That I spoke to another EA rep and they told me to do that and then contact EA back to have my game activated. It seems like when I tell them those few things it must be key, because after that I have never had an issue getting a game activated.

[quote name='Freedom Fries']So.. Uh.. Divinity II?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Motoki']Pretty sure Amazon won't price match them, but for what it's worth, it's on sale for $10 now at Onlive.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Freedom Fries']Yeah, Amazon had it for cheaper in November last year. Should have picked it up when I had the chance, but I didn't know better.[/QUOTE]

We'll have it for cheaper than this as a DOTW in March. I had to push it out of Feb because we're getting the DRM free version, and both us and the publisher had some testing to do to make sure everything is good to go.

We'll have the lowest price this game has been, ever, including during our holiday sale...AND DRM free.

[quote name='Gluteus']Hey Tony, when is the 9.99 deal for NBA 2K12 going up? Just asking because I thought it was today...[/QUOTE]

This will go love with the rest of the Farewell to February sale next week :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We'll have it for cheaper than this as a DOTW in March. I had to push it out of Feb because we're getting the DRM free version, and both us and the publisher had some testing to do to make sure everything is good to go.

We'll have the lowest price this game has been, ever, including during our holiday sale...AND DRM free.

Tony[/QUOTE]

Ah, I forgot that they were yanking out the DRM. That's definitely worth waiting for. Thanks for the update.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Its hit or miss. The more you explain, the better off you are. Whenever I had those old EA games added I always tell them that I created a pogo account, and that I had my profile linked. That I spoke to another EA rep and they told me to do that and then contact EA back to have my game activated. It seems like when I tell them those few things it must be key, because after that I have never had an issue getting a game activated.[/QUOTE]

Yay got it to work. You are right you have to create a pogo account and link it to your Origin/EA account as a persona no way around it. Once I did that I explained what was wrong to the EA rep and told them everything about creating my pogo account and linking it but couldn't get Mass Effect 1 to register and bam she got it ME1 to register on origin for me.

[quote name='kiwimonster']Yay got it to work. You are right you have to create a pogo account and link it to your Origin/EA account as a persona no way around it. Once I did that I explained what was wrong to the EA rep and told them everything about creating my pogo account and linking it but couldn't get Mass Effect 1 to register and bam she got it ME1 to register on origin for me.[/QUOTE]

Your next step is the Bring Down the Sky DLC if you hadn't done that yet. A few pages back I have the steps listed out on how to get that set up as well.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We'll have it for cheaper than this as a DOTW in March. I had to push it out of Feb because we're getting the DRM free version, and both us and the publisher had some testing to do to make sure everything is good to go.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Forget OnLive.
That's streaming - and that ain't owning a game.

What Amazon DL service does - you actually can download the game; update it so it's DRM-FREE; play it offline; and back-it-up so you actually have the installers in case you have the thing for back-up purposes.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Wow that is exciting, if you're encouraging them towards DRM free versions... very exciting news.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']I'm all over Payday.
Gonna need some co-op partners when this goes on sale.[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna be so all over Payday, as well. :D
See you online!

[quote name='Nesrie']Wow that is existing, if you're encouraging them towards DRM free versions... very exciting news.[/QUOTE]

Larian have always hated DRM and thought it's a waste of time.
They've removed it for EVERY SINGLE one of their Divinity games, at a later said date.
Divine Divinity, Beyond Divinity, and Divinity 2: DKS have all had their DRM removed.

Publishers often fund a good deal of a game's development, so they are the ones forcing that some sort of DRM is used.
Egosoft, Larian, and CD Projekt - all European developers, BTW - all pretty much have the same feelings on DRM.
Usually, at later said dates, they remove the DRM check.

[quote name='Nesrie']Wow that is existing, if you're encouraging them towards DRM free versions... very exciting news.[/QUOTE]

To be clear, Divinity is having the DRM removed :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']To be clear, Divinity is having the DRM removed :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
For those impatient who already own DKS Edition, update the game first.
Then get the DRM-FREE EXE for Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga here.
Just rename the old DRM-riddled Divinity2.EXE to something else [Divinity2_old.exe or something] and then put the new DRM-FREE Divinity2.EXE in the proper folder.
There ya go - now you have the game DRM-FREE. :D

EDIT:
@Tony
Since you said it's going to be DRM-FREE for you guys, is Larian and their publisher Focus Interactive supplying you guys w/ the fully updated 1.4.9.70 version of Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga?
That'd avoid the whole updating process, if they do - and make life easy for A LOT of people here.

[quote name='MysterD']Larian have always hated DRM and thought it's a waste of time.
They've removed it for EVERY SINGLE one of their Divinity games, at a later said date.
Divine Divinity, Beyond Divinity, and Divinity 2: DKS have all had their DRM removed.

Publishers often fund a good deal of a game's development, so they are the ones forcing that some sort of DRM is used.
Egosoft, Larian, and CD Projekt - all European developers, BTW - all pretty much have the same feelings on DRM.
Usually, at later said dates, they remove the DRM check.[/QUOTE]

Well they didn't remove it very quickly. I remember looking at this during a steam sale and seeing the 5 machine limit or something like that... months after the release.

[quote name='Nesrie']Well they didn't remove it very quickly. I remember looking at this during a steam sale and seeing the 5 machine limit or something like that... months after the release.[/QUOTE]

Publishers often have the call on when the DRM may be removed, as well - especially when they are throwing their money into also funding a game's development.
Otherwise, the dev's will get sued if they remove DRM w/out permission - just like Namco-Bandai did to CDP for removing TW2's DRM w/out their permission.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Exciting news, Tony! Thanks for the heads up!

Hopefully I don't forget/have money by then! lololol

Does Tony sleep? Love his info and work around here, but he literally responds to every question.

Big thanks to Tony for being so attentive and helpful.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']I'm all over Payday.

Gonna need some co-op partners when this goes on sale.[/QUOTE]

Add me as well - Steam ID: samuraisagara
I'm always up for a game

[quote name='avwjase']It is pretty amazing how far Amazon has come in the digital gaming market is such a short time. For four years I only bought games from Steam or Direct2Drive. Mostly steam. Had someone told me last year that most of my gaming dollars would be going to Amazon for the last part of 2011 and all of 2012 (so far), I'd have said they were crazy. [/QUOTE]Thus is the beauty of free market competition. When one outfit gets fat and lazy because they're #1, they're ripe for a lithe, hungry competitor to bum rush them with better deals and service. Steam is coasting on its lead and blind allegiance of fanboys who squeak, "No Steam? NO SALE!", and it's showing in their weak sales and that pooch screw of a coal-mining holiday event. It smacked of arrogance as they basically showed they figured their customers had no place else to go.

Just look at the difference between how Steam and Amazon handle CAG: Amazon has camped a dedicated customer rep to interface with the members while Steam has no presence at all. Have a question or problem with A'zon, T-Money is on the case. Problem with Steam? Send a letter to Santa and perhaps they'll get back to you, if not actually fix it. Couldn't they have the poor schmuck in charge of making Gabe Newell's foot-long sub sandwiches six times a day hop on the boards to see what the customers are talking about?

Did I actually see someone complaining about the prices and selection of the January sale? Jeez, I bought Deus Ex: Human Resources for $10 and used my $5 coupon to get Bulletstorm for $2! Picked up Crysis 2 for $10 as well. Three recent games for $22? The other non-coupon prices were all sub-$10, a fraction of what Steam was charging and that's not good enough? Heck, I would've bought more if I didn't already have them (e.g. MoH, BFBC2) or wasn't interested (e.g. Dragons Age). The only reason I'm not hopping on this $15 Witcher 2 deal is that I'm sooooooooooo backlogged that it'd be pointless to buy it, especially with Mass Effect 3 coming in two weeks.

So, congrats to T-Money (certain CAG Award winner) and Amazon for bringing the CHEAP to Cheap Ass Gamers. At this rate, Steam had better hope there's a Blind Ass Loyalty Gamers site.

[quote name='CheapoEl']Guys, can anyone tell me if Borderlands GOTY has DRM or not ? I know it uses steam, which itself is DRM, but reading around, it seems that the DLC has it's own DRM via securerom, and that limits you to only 5 installs... http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread.php?51755-Borderlands-DLC-DRM. Does this still apply ? I frequently uninstall games on steam to make room for newer ones, and I don't like this kind of rubbish DRM.[/QUOTE]
Amazon Download's version of Borderlands: GOTY actually activates on Steam.

If you do decide to activate it on Steam...
ONLY The first two DLC's do contain additional Securom DRM w/ install limits.
They didn't put the Securom on the last two DLC's for Steam version of game, due to complaints.

There are revoke tools on the bottom of this page in this link here, if you want to deactivate the DLC's on your PC to revoke installs you've used, so you can get them back and move them over to another PC.

[quote name='Freedom Fries']This has probably been asked before but how do I get the DLC for ME1?

Also is the Deluxe edition of ME2 worth it?[/QUOTE]

download this

http://files.bioware.com/masseffect/..._BDtS_ES_a.exe

Here is the CD Key for it

3FLL-43UU-JTN8-W8EX-25J3

That key is the same key EA will give to you if you contact them. If it says that all the activations are used chat with EA rep and they will fix it

[quote name='tjs09']What if I bought it through Steam? Is there still a way to get the DLC?[/QUOTE]

edit...my bad its not the same for steam. I would check out the steam forums for your question on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back