Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tjs09']This is why you never doubt Tony

I will be purchasing the ones in bold, by the way :D[/QUOTE]

:) I can't tell what you bolded by the way!

[quote name='exaznkid']wow darkness II went down fast, it feels like it was just released yesterday[/QUOTE]

Like alot of the crazy stuff we're trying out, this is a test. If it works out well (meaning customers buy a bunch of it) I'll push for more promotions like it in the future. If it fizzles and duds out, it will go the way of the dinosaur just like the first Deal of the Week we ran (for those of you remember that).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']:) I can't tell what you bolded by the way!

Like alot of the crazy stuff we're trying out, this is a test. If it works out well (meaning customers buy a bunch of it) I'll push for more promotions like it in the future. If it fizzles and duds out, it will go the way of the dinosaur just like the first Deal of the Week we ran (for those of you remember that).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Please don't use that game as a test to see if a 50% price drop on a mediocre new game gets people to buy.
Try it on a really amazing game like Kingdoms of Amalur or Alan Wake and those things will sell like hotcakes =p

[quote name='sirpanherbata']Is Mirror's Edge key for Origin?
Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

Like a lot of older EA Games, probably not without a lot of hoop jumping. I'm assuming the Amazon version has a CD Key and if so you could probably argue it with an EA CSR and maybe if you try enough times get them to register it.

The problem with the Steam version (which I bought a while back) is that it has no CD Key at all to register in the first place.

Sim City 4 is probably a similar situation. I also have that one on Steam and I have not been able to get either registered on Origin.

[quote name='stupidproz1']Please don't use that game as a test to see if a 50% price drop on a mediocre new game gets people to buy.
Try it on a really amazing game like Kingdoms of Amalur or Alan Wake and those things will sell like hotcakes =p[/QUOTE]

Seconded. I am waiting for both of those games to go on sale. Darkness isn't really my thing but I still am glad to see new games going on good sales early on.

[quote name='Motoki']Like a lot of older EA Games, probably not without a lot of hoop jumping. I'm assuming the Amazon version has a CD Key and if so you could probably argue it with an EA CSR and maybe if you try enough times get them to register it.

The problem with the Steam version (which I bought a while back) is that it has no CD Key at all to register in the first place.

Sim City 4 is probably a similar situation. I also have that one on Steam and I have not been able to get either registered on Origin.

Seconded. I am waiting for both of those games to go on sale. Darkness isn't really my thing but I still am glad to see new games going on good sales early on.[/QUOTE]

Mirrors edge does activate in origin

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Like alot of the crazy stuff we're trying out, this is a test. If it works out well (meaning customers buy a bunch of it) I'll push for more promotions like it in the future. If it fizzles and duds out, it will go the way of the dinosaur just like the first Deal of the Week we ran (for those of you remember that).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
I approve of these experiments; I look forward to some awesome results :D

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Mirrors edge does activate in origin[/QUOTE]

Hmm, okay well if so then that's cool. The Steam version won't because there's no key, but I've heard of people raising a ruckus with EA CSRs and managing to get one to do it for them anyway.

[quote name='ruuin']You could check this link to solve your doubts.

https://help.ea.com/article/origin-code-redemption-faq

It's on the first page of this thread.[/QUOTE]

The list isn't necessarily 100% accurate though. See my above comment. That said, I'm pretty sure the Amazon version will give a key. I think the Steam Mirror's Edge is just an odd duck.

DAYM I JUST GOT BACK FROMD A BARS AND LET ME TELL U TONY WHILE I HAVE THIS ON MY IMIND, TONY
UR fuckING AWESOME.

NO
THATS NOT IT, U ARE THE fuckING MAN
THE fuckING MAN!

THESE ARE SOME IKILLER DEALS. ILL BE PURCHASING SAINTS ROW 3 AND PAYDAY THE HEIST

THOSE SEEM LIKE THE GEMS OUT FO DOSE DESALS

I LOVE U TONY
KEEP IT UP
TY

I WISH I WAS BANGING A HOT CHICK RATHER THAN COMING HOME EMPTYH HANDED
BUT I DIDNT cUM HOME EPTRY HANDED NAHIMSAYIN

AFTER SEEING THESE DAELS, OF STEALK,S ITS NEARLYT THE SAME!

First time buying in digital bulk.

Payday
Mirror's Edge
Assassins Creed 2
Brotherhood
Trine

How do I add all the titles to my basket at once instead of doing each transaction separately?

[quote name='gomikeoh']DAYM I JUST GOT BACK FROMD A BARS AND LET ME TELL U TONY WHILE I HAVE THIS ON MY IMIND, TONY
UR fuckING AWESOME.

NO
THE fuckING MAN!

THESE ARE SOME IKILLER DEALS. ILL BE PURCHASING SAINTS ROW 3 AND PAYDAY THE HEIST

I LOVE U TONY
KEEP IT UP
TY

AFTER SEEING THESE DAELS, OF STEALK,S ITS NEARLYT THE SAME![/QUOTE]
What the fuck did I just read :lol:

[quote name='kaydigi']First time buying in digital bulk.

Payday
Mirror's Edge
Assassins Creed 2
Brotherhood
Trine

How do I add all the titles to my basket at once instead of doing each transaction separately?[/QUOTE]

No such luck. One at a time

They don't go on sale until tomorrow, right?

Are you just adding them to your cart for tomorrow?

[quote name='Drabelincoln']No such luck. One at a time[/QUOTE]

I felt my liver die a little bit just reading that.

Will probably grab some DLC. Tempted by Darkness 2 and SR3, but can't justify them right now. One would be a double dip and the other I'm just not interested enough in to spend that much. Fantastic deals, though.

[quote name='stupidproz1']Please don't use that game as a test to see if a 50% price drop on a mediocre new game gets people to buy.
Try it on a really amazing game like Kingdoms of Amalur or Alan Wake and those things will sell like hotcakes =p[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Motoki']

Seconded. I am waiting for both of those games to go on sale. Darkness isn't really my thing but I still am glad to see new games going on good sales early on.[/QUOTE]

I should have explained this more clearly, my bad. What I meant was, I need to be able to prove that promoting a new product in this way will provide an incremental lift in both unit sales and revenue in order to pitch this successfully in the future on higher velocity new games. In order to make that case, however, I need to be able to point at an example where we did so and saw gangbuster results. It is kind of a chicken and egg effect. Believe it or not, the game is doing really well, so it was a tough sell to get this kind of promotion put together, we'll so how it works out :).

[quote name='ruuin']Hi Tony, any chance to see a deal for Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga ?

Great February sale!

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Yep, it will be a deal of the week in March, we had to wait on it because we're still getting the new DRM free build from the publisher (they are in a different country to coordination sometimes takes a bit longer.

[quote name='exaznkid']I approve of these experiments; I look forward to some awesome results :D[/QUOTE]

Me too! Hopefully :)

[quote name='kaydigi']First time buying in digital bulk.

Payday
Mirror's Edge
Assassins Creed 2
Brotherhood
Trine

How do I add all the titles to my basket at once instead of doing each transaction separately?[/QUOTE]

Sorry man, building out a "digital cart" is definitely something we're trying to do, there are ALOT of technological hurdles to jump through though, so right now it is 1 purchase at a time :(.

[quote name='gomikeoh']DAYM I JUST GOT BACK FROMD A BARS AND LET ME TELL U TONY WHILE I HAVE THIS ON MY IMIND, TONY
UR fuckING AWESOME.

NO
THE fuckING MAN!

I LOVE U TONY
KEEP IT UP
TY

AFTER SEEING THESE DAELS, OF STEALK,S ITS NEARLYT THE SAME![/QUOTE]

[quote name='MillerTime2523']What the fuck did I just read :lol:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jkimrey']Wow. Save that money for games son. And please - don't drink and CAG. ;)[/QUOTE]

Saved this for last. Thanks for the enthusiasm man! I hope you enjoy the crap out of Payday and Saint's Row.

Also, I'm glad to see the first two responses were light hearted...I think most forum posters of legal drinking age have had at least 1 or 2 faded posts in their day...I know I have.

Cheers,
Tony

Amazing deals Tony!

Would it be possible to also add the Deluxe Editions of Assassin's Creed 2 and Brotherhood? I see you have the regular and Deluxe Edition of Driver: San Francisco on the Farewell to February Sale page. I wouldn't mind paying a little more for the Deluxe Editions :)

Thank you

FYI I'll put in the OP, let the hamsters run on their wheels but we're putting up Alan Wake right now:

http://www.amazon.com/Nordic-Games-40959Alan-Wake1-Download/dp/B007BGCNPQ
http://www.amazon.com/Alan-Wake-Collectors-Bundle-Download/dp/B007BGCP1S/

We'll be at the same price as Steam on the Collector's Edition ($29.99)
but we'll be at $24.99 for the standard...I'm not 100% clear on what is in the collector's but it looks like soundtracks and PDFs. For those of you who just want the game you can save yourselves a cool Lincoln :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI I'll put in the OP, let the hamsters run on their wheels but we're putting up Alan Wake right now:

http://www.amazon.com/Nordic-Games-40959Alan-Wake1-Download/dp/B007BGCNPQ
http://www.amazon.com/Alan-Wake-Collectors-Bundle-Download/dp/B007BGCP1S/

We'll be at the same price as Steam on the Collector's Edition ($29.99)
but we'll be at $24.99 for the standard...I'm not 100% clear on what is in the collector's but it looks like soundtracks and PDFs. For those of you who just want the game you can save yourselves a cool Lincoln :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Alan Wake: Complete Edition - Collector's Edition info on Steam.

Offer extended! Receive the Collector's Edition DLC Free until March 1st 10AM PST!

Developer Commentary Videos
While you play the game listen to the Remedy team's comments about the locations and design. The commentary contains about one hour of videos, you can activate it from the in-game menu options.

Illustrated PDF Book
A brave and deeply disturbing account of one man's attempt to confront the visions that haunted him. Clay Steward's gripping journey takes him to a small town in the pacific Northwest where he follows in the tracks of best-selling author Alan Wake and renegade FBI Agent Robert Nightingale. There he travels ever deeper in the woods and ever farther into the heart of darkness to unravel a series of mysterious events that reach hundreds of years into the past and chillingly into the present. The 130-page illustrated PDF Book will be placed in your Alan Wake folder in the Steam Directory:
...Steam\steamapps\common\Alan Wake\Alan_Wake_Files

Soundtrack
A soundtrack containing 49 minutes of fully mastered tracks in 320kbps MP3 format, composed by Petri Alanko, Old Gods of Asgard and Poets of the Fall. Tracks:

A Writer's Dream - Petri Alanko
Welcome to Bright Falls - Petri Alanko
The Clicker - Petri Alanko
Taken by the Night - Petri Alanko
Mirror Peak - Petri Alanko
Tom the Diver - Petri Alanko
Hunters - Petri Alanko
The Well-Lit Room - Petri Alanko
Departure - Petri Alanko
Children of the Elder God - Old Gods of Asgard
The Poet and the Muse - Old Gods of Asgard
War - Poets of the Fall
Tom the Diver (Collector's Edition Exclusive Mix) - Petri Alanko

The Soundtrack will be placed in your Alan Wake folder in the Steam directory:
...Steam\steamapps\common\Alan Wake\Soundtrack

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Thanks MysterD! So yeah, depending on how much you care about the extra stuff there's $5 in savings to be had.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

IMHO, extra $5 would be worth it for the PDF illustrated book and [especially] the soundtrack.

I ain't buying AW, yet....too many expensive games to play - i.e. KOA: Reckoning [39 hours into it and still going] and Skyrim [around 82 hours or so...and on break w/ this game until KOA: Reckoning is done].

[quote name='MysterD']IMHO, extra $5 would be worth it for the PDF illustrated book and [especially] the soundtrack.

I ain't buying AW, yet....too many expensive games to play - i.e. KOA: Reckoning [39 hours into it and still going] and Skyrim [around 82 hours or so...and on break w/ this game until KOA: Reckoning is done].[/QUOTE]

I personally agree with you (gazes sadly at his Darth Malgus Statue with the broken hand) but wanted to make sure others who just want the game know about it.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='preheatedbibby']I see darksiders is on the deal page but saw no mention of it in the OP. Is this going to be on sale as well?[/QUOTE]

It is! Guess the price and I'll tell you if you're right.

Cheers,
Tony

@Tony
I see in the list on that 40 games page...
From Dust
Driver: San Fran - Regular Edition
Driver: San Fran - Deluxe Edition
Supreme Commander [original]
Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance [expansion]
NFS: The Run
COH: Tales of Valor [stand-alone expansion]

Can I ask how much will those be tomorrow? :p

[quote name='Psybuster']I know it's not quite under your jurisdiction Tony but if you're aware of any deals on mice that the hardware department are running please pass them along because my MX518 just died :cry:[/QUOTE]

Hey man, there's a woot off going on right now.. I've seen at least 5 different gaming mice go up since yesterday in all price ranges so you might want to keep checking woot to see if something pops up for you.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']4.99

win[/QUOTE]

Lol cheater!

[quote name='MysterD']@Tony
I see in the list on that 40 games page...
From Dust - $4.94
Driver: San Fran - Regular Edition -$22.49
Driver: San Fran - Deluxe Edition - $24.74
Supreme Commander [original] - $3.74
Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance [expansion] -$3.74
NFS: The Run - $23.99
COH: Tales of Valor [stand-alone expansion] - $4.99

Can I ask how much will those be tomorrow? :p[/QUOTE]

See in line :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Pajama_Man']Amazing deals Tony!

Would it be possible to also add the Deluxe Editions of Assassin's Creed 2 and Brotherhood? I see you have the regular and Deluxe Edition of Driver: San Francisco on the Farewell to February Sale page. I wouldn't mind paying a little more for the Deluxe Editions :)

Thank you[/QUOTE]

Good call out, the deluxe editions will be 75% off as well.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Lol cheater!

See in line :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Tony.
Looks like I'm probably going after Payday and From Dust, at the very least.

Payday for me and a friend tomorrow.

Possibly Sim City....

Then heavy drinking and playing Payday with said friend friday night!

Then...when i'm nice and drunk I almost always end up buying crap..so def Sim City and god knows what else.

I'm on the fence about SR3, has it ever been lower? It was $23 with Season Pass at the THQ Store at one point, but I missed that and it hasn't been there since

[quote name='tjs09']I'm on the fence about SR3, has it ever been lower? It was $23 with Season Pass at the THQ Store at one point, but I missed that and it hasn't been there since[/QUOTE]

I guess it depends on what you consider lower and what you consider "owning"...lol...

I paid 1.99 I think for SR3 on Onlive during a promo and it works great for letting me play a high end game when I am on my low end lap top.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sure thing, what are you looking to spend?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Probably around 30ish, maybe up to 40 if there's something really neat out there. Definitely want the thumb buttons though, those are what I miss most for internet browsing as I'm using a cheapo backup mouse in the meantime.

So far I've seen this and am kinda keeping my eye on it (CM Storm Xornet): http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005TEPB74/

Reviews and comments say it's good for "claw grip" styles, whatever that is; I don't consciously look at my hands when doing anything.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Good call out, the deluxe editions will be 75% off as well.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Wooo! Thanks Tony!

Definitely in for at least two copies of Payday, and AssBro Deluxe :bouncy:

Anybody have an opinion on the Homefront DLC? The maps mostly... are they worth it?
Currently near Steam's peak hours their are less then 300 people playing the game (if even that as Steam can only show the top 100 stats). You might be able to find 1 or 2 populated servers with good pings.

[quote name='Psybuster']Probably around 30ish, maybe up to 40 if there's something really neat out there. Definitely want the thumb buttons though, those are what I miss most for internet browsing as I'm using a cheapo backup mouse in the meantime.

So far I've seen this and am kinda keeping my eye on it (CM Storm Xornet): http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005TEPB74/

Reviews and comments say it's good for "claw grip" styles, whatever that is; I don't consciously look at my hands when doing anything.[/QUOTE]

Let me check with my buddy in electronics and see if I can point you in the right direction.

[quote name='MysterD']@Tony
Will Saints Row: The Third - Season Pass [for all DLC] be on sale, as well?[/QUOTE]

Negative, right now we're just promoting the base game, we might add Season Pass later in the week but I'm still working on this and it may not happen.

Cheers,
Tony

Man come on... I am so not trying to rebuy this game as I already have the game and the dlc for xbox. You are not making this a simple choice. Anyone who has not played this game should pick it up. Its definitely worth it at this price.

[quote name='shaggyc']Man come on... I am so not trying to rebuy this game as I already have the game and the dlc for xbox. You are not making this a simple choice. Anyone who has not played this game should pick it up. Its definitely worth it at this price.[/QUOTE]

and THIS game would be......

Looks like a fantastic sale. Will buy Payday, debating Clash of Heroes since it would be a double-dip for me from XBLA.

Might I suggest that this is a regular end-of-month event? Why should February be the only month to get a proper sendoff? :)

While I'm suggesting things, I've thought for a while that a good theme sale would be all Steam-activatable games on Amazon. I personally buy almost exclusively games that I can add to my Steam library.

I'm sure you guys collect these metrics (but can't share them), but it would be interesting to see stats on what sells best: Steam, Origin, or DRM-free. My money is on Steam :)

Awesome deals! Will definitely be picking up about 5 games :)

What's the DRM on the Company of Heroes games? Activate on steam?

[quote name='unknown0']Awesome deals! Will definitely be picking up about 5 games :)

What's the DRM on the Company of Heroes games? Activate on steam?[/QUOTE]

COH series is NOT on the Steam-activation list.
Dawn of War 2 was Relic's first game to flat-out require Steam...oh, and also require G4WL for MP, for some reason.

EDIT:
I don't know how updated Amazon's versions of the COH games are already, you might have to ask Tony.
I know COH Patches can be DL'ed from here.

[quote name='MysterD']COH series is NOT on the Steam-activation list.

Dawn of War 2 was Relic's first game to flat-out require Steam...oh, and also require G4WL for MP, for some reason.[/QUOTE]

There is a trick for getting COH on Steam though even if you didn't purchase the original game and both addons from them. Buy the game and 1st addon via other means, and then buy the last addon on Steam and use the same account at Relic to activate all three.

Even though Steam says I only have the 2nd expansion through them, I can play all three parts because my relic account has them all listed.

[quote name='pROvIs']Tony, didn't you mention something about a special offer for those of that used a coupon in January?[/QUOTE]

We were kicking around a couple of different ideas but after getting the feedback from our customers, in large part this community, we decided to just offer killer pricing on the titles you're seeing tomorrow :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='psunami']There is a trick for getting COH on Steam though even if you didn't purchase the original game and both addons from them. Buy the game and 1st addon via other means, and then buy the last addon on Steam and use the same account at Relic to activate all three.

Even though Steam says I only have the 2nd expansion through them, I can play all three parts because my relic account has them all listed.[/QUOTE]

Hey, that's really interesting!
I own COH + Op Fronts on disc.
Never played them.
I do NOT own Tales of Valor yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back