Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Larce80']I just want to add some money and then use it whenever I like[/QUOTE]

yeah buy a gift card and apply it to your account..thats the closet thing you are going to get

[quote name='pROvIs']Unless they have remedied it, it used to be the case that you could not use gc on downloadable games.[/QUOTE]

I just bought Trine and FA using my gift card balance. I have 1-Click turned off which may or may not make a difference.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Has this ever been an issue? I bought like 20-30 .49 cent MP3s from the Android market during their holiday/grand opening sale and never had any issues.[/QUOTE]

I had two cards flagged when I was power shopping over the holidays so I figured I wouldn't take the chance. I think if you are spending at a store where you have made frequent purchases in the past or are using a card which normally sees a lot of activity then it probably isn't as much as an issue.

[quote name='MysterD']Has anybody played Velvet Assassin?
Is it worth a whole $1.24? :p

BTW - I got Payday.
See y'all good folks online! :)[/QUOTE]

Velvet Assassin is the other game I'm really thinking about. From one of the reviews they seemed to think it was overpriced at 50 but would have been good at around 20. Seems like a Splinter Cell knockoff with a few issues but for 1.24 sounds like there is little to lose.

Really nice work Tony, you've really taken a somewhat mediocre download service and turned it into a top competitor with Steam. Amazon has yet again proven that they consistently bring exceptional value and service to customers shopping in nearly any product category on their site. Awesome job bringing their DL service in line with the standards we value and expect from Amazon!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Man, that is awesome. You just got added to the weekly update :). If anyone else has any threads like this that they post/manage please send them my way if you get the time. It doesn't matter how big they are, how many posts/views they have, it is great to be able to see the impact of a healthy community.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Hi Tony,

Since you're asking for more data on this, here's a group on steam that regularly post about your deals:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TradersGuild

That's where I found about this thread as well and the good deals Amazon is giving out. If you're on Steam you might want to join in the group as well, they are a good bunch of people :)

[quote name='Palinn']I had two cards flagged when I was power shopping over the holidays so I figured I wouldn't take the chance. I think if you are spending at a store where you have made frequent purchases in the past or are using a card which normally sees a lot of activity then it probably isn't as much as an issue.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was worried about this also. I am calculating out my purchases so I can just buy a gift card in that amount.

[quote name='jazyje']Any views on Velvet Assassin? Only $1.24![/QUOTE]
that or a burrito - tough call! From the reviews it appears the game might last longer...

Why would anyone want to go on a mass killing of velvet?

Whoever this Velvet Terrorist is must be stopped!

What will the renaissance festivals do?

Tony was going to go as a velvet wearing bard with a matching wench costume to accompany him. Think of Tony everyone! think of Tony!

[quote name='TheHeretic']Hi Tony,

Since you're asking for more data on this, here's a group on steam that regularly post about your deals:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TradersGuild

That's where I found about this thread as well and the good deals Amazon is giving out. If you're on Steam you might want to join in the group as well, they are a good bunch of people :)[/QUOTE]
They do a nice job of listing the games that can be activated on steam - including the ones not listed in the original post.

Anyone play the pc port of Darksiders? I'm wondering how it plays on the pc. Amazon review says there are not much graphic options and its fairly low res. Wondering if I should try to find a xbox copy for cheap.

I played through Velvet Assassin and enjoyed it up until the very final level. The graphics are decent, voice acting is solid and the narrative device interesting. It is more stealth than action, and designed as such. So the end relies too much on shooting- which wasn't a good design choice.
Plays fine with a 360 controller. At this price, it's worth checking out if you like the genre at all (or if you just like the design of the main character).

[quote name='OtherAdam']Anyone play the pc port of Darksiders? I'm wondering how it plays on the pc. Amazon review says there are not much graphic options and its fairly low res. Wondering if I should try to find a xbox copy for cheap.[/QUOTE]
Yep, I got Darksiders PC.
Yes, there are not too many graphical features other than resolution settings.
I never got by Tiamat [first major boss], BTW.
I'd recommend you play it w/ a X360 control-pad, BTW.
It's surely worth the $5, though.
I love that PC version came w/ PDF comic book and MP3 Music Soundtrack.

@Tony...and also anyone else, for that matter.
Just bought Velvet Assassin - for $1.24, I figured "why not?" [shrug]
Is there supposed to be a Game Key w/ this game?
Or is it DRM-FREE?

So, is there no way to get a product key for Velvet Assassin?

(I bought it without reading here that a key doesn't seem to be included for possible Steam activation...)

[quote name='MysterD']@Tony...and also anyone else, for that matter.
Just bought Velvet Assassin - for $1.24, I figured "why not?" [shrug]
Is there supposed to be a Game Key w/ this game?
Or is it DRM-FREE?[/QUOTE]

Maybe a way to pull it out of registry if there is on? I don't know how those kind of things work however.

[quote name='jester55']So, is there no way to get a product key for Velvet Assassin?

(I bought it without reading here that a key doesn't seem to be included for possible Steam activation...)[/QUOTE]

I don't care if there's a key or not in the Amazon Download version.
I just want to know if there is one...or not.

If it's DRM-FREE and there is no key, then awesome. :D
I can always add it as a Non-Steam game over Steam.

If there is supposed to be a key...then, where's my key? :p

[quote name='MysterD']I don't care if there's a key or not in the Amazon Download version.
I just want to know if there is one...or not.

If it's DRM-FREE and there is no key, then awesome. :D
I can always add it as a Non-Steam game over Steam.

If there is supposed to be a key...then, where's my key? :p[/QUOTE]

There was no key when I bought it either.

[quote name='OtherAdam']Anyone play the pc port of Darksiders? I'm wondering how it plays on the pc. Amazon review says there are not much graphic options and its fairly low res. Wondering if I should try to find a xbox copy for cheap.[/QUOTE]

It looks WAY better on the PC than the 360. Go buy it.

I would not if I was you. the PC version look much better when compared with console version since it is in hi-res and 8x anti-alias. Run much smoother too. During the shooting part, the mouse help ;)

source: i own both versions

[quote name='MysterD']Yep, I got Darksiders PC.
Yes, there are not too many graphical features other than resolution settings.
I never got by Tiamat [first major boss], BTW.
I'd recommend you play it w/ a X360 control-pad, BTW.
It's surely worth the $5, though.
I love that PC version came w/ PDF comic book and MP3 Music Soundtrack.[/QUOTE]

Are you saying that if I activate Darksiders on Steam, I'll get links to a PDF comic book and MP3 soundtrack as extras when I right click the game in my Steam library? I can't find any information about these extras on the Steam game page or on Amazon.

[quote name='Devasive']Are you saying that if I activate Darksiders on Steam, I'll get links to a PDF comic book and MP3 soundtrack as extras when I right click the game in my Steam library? I can't find any information about these extras on the Steam game page or on Amazon.[/QUOTE]
Darksiders PC REQUIRES Steam period.
You have no choice in that matter.

I bought it on Steam, back when it was $10 - and that version came w/ those cool extras.

I can't speak for Amazon Download's version of Darksiders PC.
Maybe somebody else can?

[quote name='Devasive']Are you saying that if I activate Darksiders on Steam, I'll get links to a PDF comic book and MP3 soundtrack as extras when I right click the game in my Steam library? I can't find any information about these extras on the Steam game page or on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Extra non-game content that comes with Steam games is usually downloaded to the directory of the game itself. That means if Darksiders has that stuff, it'll probably. be in your steamapps\darksiders directory.

[quote name='Zipomatic2']If you are a fan of the "Lost" TV series, then Via Domus is worth a play. It's not fantastic or overly long, but fans will have fun playing it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']In disagreement with the gentleman above me, I'm going to say skip Lost: Via Domus unless you're a super Lost fan who needs more. The gameplay's only ever ok, and it's frustrating how many items you're given the option to buy that'll you'll never use. But worst of all, the story is pretty bland. I didn't really care for it, and I was quite a Lost fan at the time.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DMCA18']Seconding this opinion. Rented it back when it came out and played through the entire game with a group of Lost fans watching. The whole game (one of my few 100% on xbox) took about 3-4 hours. The story was mildly interesting but you could watch the cinematics on youtube and not miss much. Now that the show is over I don't know if there would be any enjoyment going back to it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info guys! I have a question that will decide if I buy it or not. Is it a 'quest' game? Where I am giving fetch quests and stuff? Or is it more open world where I can explore the island and fight through it?

If it is a quest game, are the quests at least good? I abhor fetch quests and as soon as a game lays them on me (ahem, Rage) I lose all interest. If it is open world I'll spend the $2.50 just to run around the island for an hour or two. :)

If anyone wishes to play PayDay The Heist, my steam name is: angrymillionaire

I just played through some AI missions and it was a blast.

[quote name='avwjase']If anyone wishes to play PayDay The Heist, my steam name is: angrymillionaire

I just played through some AI missions and it was a blast.[/QUOTE]

same

add me

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Drabelincoln/

I can play for a little tonight...tomorrow I should be on for awihle...drunk but on and playing.

btw two people come up when i search angrymillionaire

[quote name='avwjase']If anyone wishes to play PayDay The Heist, my steam name is: angrymillionaire

I just played through some AI missions and it was a blast.[/QUOTE]

Awesome! :)
I'mma have to get playing!

Any1 on here looking for me on Steam...
Steam ID - TheMysterD.

[quote name='SandOfThym']Good games, would have bought AC 2 and Brotherhood if I didn't have them already.[/QUOTE]

Same here - already got 'em, but would've bought them if I was missing them.
Both AC2 and AC:BH are great.

Hey guys,

I have been absolutely slammed all day so I apologize for the sporadic updates. I'm going through the posts right now to answer questions/concerns. If I missed any though please feel free to reask and I'll address.

Glad you all are digging the sale :).

Cheers,
Tony

I am playing Darksiders PC in Eyefinity 6000x1080 rez, 8XAA with an XBox Wireless Controller and it is awesome. I don't think you can see this on a console:

darksiderspc20120224044.jpg

darksiderspc20120224044.jpg

:)

Guys, have you seen this site before ?

http://www.ddgamer.com/worth.php

It calculates the value of your Steam games

It told me that my games are ~$1000 and if I got them during sales they would be ~$350 but in fact I only paid ~$160 :D (thanks to gifts, trades, free stuff and AMAZON!) :applause:

[quote name='r9800pro']
Guys, have you seen this site before ?

http://www.ddgamer.com/worth.php

It calculates the value of your Steam games

It told me that my games are ~$1000 and if I got them during sales they would be ~$350 but in fact I only paid ~$160 :D (thanks to gifts, trades, free stuff and AMAZON!) :applause:[/QUOTE]

Worth $1788
On Sale $506
Probably Paid $180 at most
:D

By the way, if anyone's looking to play Payday my Steam ID is 1298ty

Not sure if it's been asked before but does Red Faction: Guerrilla register on Steam? I like having all my games in one place. I saw that the other Red Faction games does register on Steam, but I'm not sure if Guerrilla does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back