Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MysterD']No.
UbiSoft games use U-Play, their own homebrew DRM and service.
You could always add it as a Non-Steam game through Steam and get...very few Steam benefits [see your Friends list on Steam; take screenshots].
If you want an UbiSoft game to activate and have full-fledged Steam-support [time-played tracking, updates, Friends List, utility back-up, and other stuff via Steam], you'll have to get it through Steam.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for this info. Does the Steam version also have the U-Play bullshit? If not, I'll wait on a Steam sale. If so, then well, I guess I won't buy the game.

[quote name='okron1k']if anyone is willing, i have a copy of skyrim in my steam inventory that i would like to trade for a copy of saints row the third.[/QUOTE]

I'll do this deal, just sent you a PM.

Wow this past month I have been spending so much money on Amazon :)

Hey Tony, any chance BF3 or the Fallout games will go on sale somewhat soon? Not sure if I missed a past deal.

[quote name='mokmoof']Thanks for this info. Does the Steam version also have the U-Play? If not, I'll wait on a Steam sale. If so, then well, I guess I won't buy the game.[/QUOTE]

Of course the STEAM version has UPlay, it's a Ubisoft game and it's UbiSoft's DRM. Similar to Medal of Honor [EA] on STEAM has Securom, BulletStorm [EA] on STEAM has GamesForWIndowsLive, and Risen [Deepsilver] on STEAM has T@GES.
Whenever a game has an "across the board" drm, it is always included with the STEAM version.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Risen [Deepsilver] on STEAM has T@GES.
[/QUOTE]

Thankfully Deepsilver has seen the light. Risen 2 is Steamworks.

[quote name='kaydigi']Any chance Super Street Fighter AE goes down in price again?[/QUOTE]

Hopefully in the March/April timeframe.

[quote name='unknown0']Wow this past month I have been spending so much money on Amazon :)

Hey Tony, any chance BF3 or the Fallout games will go on sale somewhat soon? Not sure if I missed a past deal.[/QUOTE]

We actually only sell Fallout 1/2 (the oldschool versions). But hopefully you'll see another BF3 sale on the horizon.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Of course the STEAM version has UPlay, it's a Ubisoft game and it's UbiSoft's DRM. Similar to Medal of Honor [EA] on STEAM has Securom, BulletStorm [EA] on STEAM has GamesForWIndowsLive, and Risen [Deepsilver] on STEAM has T@GES.
Whenever a game has an "across the board" drm, it is always included with the STEAM version.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Motoki']Thankfully Deepsilver has seen the light. Risen 2 is Steamworks.[/QUOTE]

Just to clarify, our version of Risen is DRM free...

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hopefully in the March/April timeframe.

[/QUOTE]

RE SSF4AE
Hey Tony,

No chance that you can match the current price of over at Microsoft for $19.99? Thanks anyway for even replying, i've been playing Payday all weekend.

So wait a sec. I bought Velvet Assassin because it's on the list of games that activate on Steam and one of the reviews said that Steam was required (while whining about it.)

And now it turns out we don't get a key? Dammit, this is the second time I've gotten that game without a key! :(

[quote name='Motoki']Thankfully Deepsilver has seen the light. Risen 2 is Steamworks.[/QUOTE]

If they really saw the light, the game wouldn't have any drm at all. Just like the Amazon version of the first Risen. ;)

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']So wait a sec. I bought Velvet Assassin because it's on the list of games that activate on Steam and one of the reviews said that Steam was required (while whining about it.)

And now it turns out we don't get a key? Dammit, this is the second time I've gotten that game without a key! :([/QUOTE]

You need to read next to the product reviewed, I believe his said DVD version. So the Amazon DD is %100 DRM free? Sorry I may have missed this.

[quote name='Needles-Kane']You need to read next to the product reviewed, I believe his said DVD version. So the Amazon DD is %100 DRM free? Sorry I may have missed this.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, this was entirely my fault and I am not blaming anyone but myself. The Amazon rep didn't know and neither did I. Oh well, at least it was a buck.

Risen wasn't released DRM free, that's a recent thing where the publisher has removed it. Supposedly they submitted it to Valve as well and Valve just needs to get around to updating it. Wheels turning and all that.

On Steamworks vs no DRM I prefer Steamworks. I want all my games on Steam but Steamworks gives me more freedom in where I can buy them and still register on Steam. I understand some people want no DRM and I certainly see that point too.

Either is preferable to more intrusive and limiting DRM like Securom or TAGES.

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']So wait a sec. I bought Velvet Assassin because it's on the list of games that activate on Steam and one of the reviews said that Steam was required (while whining about it.)

And now it turns out we don't get a key? Dammit, this is the second time I've gotten that game without a key! :([/QUOTE]

wait.. you got upset b/c your game is DRM-free? no cd key which means it is DRM free, you can install it as many time as you want, play offline and online. Why is this a bad thing? :roll:

[quote name='agentghost']wait.. you got upset b/c your game is DRM-free? no cd key which means it is DRM free, you can install it as many time as you want, play offline and online. Why is this a bad thing? :roll:[/QUOTE]... Because I thought I was getting a Steam key. To download from Steam. And install on Steam.

I already owned the game, DRM free, on GamersGate. I didn't need a second DRM free copy that might take ages to download from wherever I am. I can just log into Steam on any computer, download the game there, and boop, done.

Some of us don't care about Steam being DRM because it means we can install our games whenever and wherever we want, as long as it's allowed.

TL;DR: I paid $1 and change in order to have a convenient second copy of the game available to me whenever I wanted. I didn't get it, and it was my fault for not making sure I'd be getting a Steam key. I blame no one but myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']... Because I thought I was getting a Steam key. To download from Steam. And install on Steam.

I already owned the game, DRM free, on GamersGate. I didn't need a second DRM free copy that might take ages to download from wherever I am. I can just log into Steam on any computer, download the game there, and boop, done.

Some of us don't care about Steam being DRM because it means we can install our games whenever and wherever we want, as long as it's allowed.

TL;DR: I paid $1 and change in order to have a convenient second copy of the game available to me whenever I wanted. I didn't get it, and it was my fault for not making sure I'd be getting a Steam key. I blame no one but myself.[/QUOTE]

Well, you can add just about any game on Steam as a Non-Steam game.
You won't get all Steam benefits, but you'll get a few [screenshot-taking, see your Steam Friends List]...

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']... Because I thought I was getting a Steam key. To download from Steam. And install on Steam.

TL;DR: I paid $1 and change in order to have a convenient second copy of the game available to me whenever I wanted. I didn't get it, and it was my fault for not making sure I'd be getting a Steam key. I blame no one but myself.[/QUOTE]

Hey there, sorry about your issue with Velvet Assassin :(. It sounds like you're not too miffed about it, which I appreciate it. In relation to you comments above, I have a question, and want to make sure I can add clarity where it seems there is confusion.

Regarding this statement:

"Some of us don't care about Steam being DRM because it means we can install our games whenever and wherever we want, as long as it's allowed.

TL;DR: I paid $1 and change in order to have a convenient second copy of the game available to me whenever I wanted."

Is it your understanding that you can't download this game wherever and whenever you want?

You can access your Amazon account in the same way you access your Steam account (via the internet) and download this game whenever/wherever you'd like.

If my understanding of your issue is incorrect, let me know, and I apologize for being dense.

I get the value prop related to achievements, etc. but it sounds like your concern is with ease of installation.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey there, sorry about your issue with Velvet Assassin :(. It sounds like you're not too miffed about it, which I appreciate it. In relation to you comments above, I have a question, and want to make sure I can add clarity where it seems there is confusion.

Regarding this statement:

"Some of us don't care about Steam being DRM because it means we can install our games whenever and wherever we want, as long as it's allowed.

TL;DR: I paid $1 and change in order to have a convenient second copy of the game available to me whenever I wanted."

Is it your understanding that you can't download this game wherever and whenever you want?

You can access your Amazon account in the same way you access your Steam account (via the internet) and download this game whenever/wherever you'd like.

If my understanding of your issue is incorrect, let me know, and I apologize for being dense.

I get the value prop related to achievements, etc. but it sounds like your concern is with ease of installation.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
I think what he's referring to are some of the Steam benefits.

About installing, Steam basically downloads it and does it for you straight into game folder. Origin works the same way. You only need to keep enough open to DL the game - as it's all streamlined, w/ these two programs.
Amazon DL [your service], you'll be given the installer files - and then you have to run the installer to have the game install it somewhere. So, you at least need double the amount of space of the game's size left open.
And since Amazon DL now forces DL's to Desktop, you might later want to copy the installers elsewhere for back-up - so, you might want triple the amount of space of the game's size left open!

Steam has built-in auto-updating, as well. With Steam, you really don't have to worry about looking for updates/patches on other sites and stuff, which is what you'd do in the old days or w/ most games that don't use Steam. Steam does it all for you.

Steam has a built-in back-up utility, as well - so you can back-up your game in its most recent state [that you had it in] to another HDD, DVD discs, BR disc, whatever.

Steam usually doesn't have other DRM, either. Most Steam games, they stick w/ Steam's DRM. Steam's DRM is built normally for you and your account ONLY - that's it; it doesn't care how many computers you got the game installed in and whatnot; it only cares that you are on your own unique account. W/ Steam DRM, there's no silly install limits, Black lists of other programs, drivers, or other stupidness - unless, the 3rd party company imposes ALSO other DRM schemes.

[quote name='MysterD']I think what he's referring to are some of the Steam benefits.

About installing, Steam basically downloads it and does it for you. Origin works the same way. You don't need too much open HDD space - as it's all streamlined.
Amazon DL, you'll have installers - and then you have to run the installer to have the game install it somewhere. So, you at least need double the amount of space of the game's size left open.
And since Amazon DL now forces DL's to Desktop, you might want to copy the installers elsewhere for back-up - so, you might want triple the amount of space of the game's size left open.

Steam has built-in auto-updating, as well. With Steam, you really don't have to worry about looking for updates/patches on other sites and stuff, which is what you'd do in the old days or w/ most games that don't use Steam. Steam does it all for you.

Steam has a built-in back-up utility, as well - so you can back-up your game in its most recent state [that you had it in] to another HDD, DVD discs, BR disc, whatever.

Steam usually doesn't have other DRM, either. Most Steam games, they stick w/ Steam's DRM. Steam's DRM is built normally for you and your account ONLY - that's it; it doesn't care how many computers you got the game installed in and whatnot; it only cares that you are on your own unique account. W/ Steam DRM, there's no silly install limits, Black lists of other programs, drivers, or other stupidness - unless, the 3rd party company imposes ALSO other DRM schemes.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I totally get all of the other benefits you reference above. That's why I was confused by his reference to "installing anywhere anytime"...none of the things you reference up there have anything to do with where and when you can install your game...they definitely relate to how it is delivered and what you can do once playing it.

We were talking about a DRM free game, maybe I'm totally missing something but, because it is DRM free there's no difference between Amazon in steam regarding where and when you can install it.

Am I missing something?

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yeah I totally get all of the other benefits you reference above. That's why I was confused by his reference to "installing anywhere anytime"...none of the things you reference up there have anything to do with where and when you can install your game...they definitely relate to how it is delivered and what you can do once playing it.

We were talking about a DRM free game, maybe I'm totally missing something but, because it is DRM free there's no difference between Amazon in steam regarding where and when you can install it.

Am I missing something?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Steam forces ALL their games installed into the Steam folder.

With Amazon DL, this usually depends on game company and what they provided you guys for installers - you can specify normally where games install.

EDIT:
Since we [consumers] do buy Steam games from you, it's often best just to take the key you provide us and download/install via Steam. Same goes for Origin, as well.
Origin and Steam do the download and install all together in ONE STEP, all streamlined.
There's really NO benefit to download a Steam or Origin game from you guys [where you force installers to Desktop] and then install it...again, double the game's size space must be open.
Less headaches and less overhead b/c their install processes are so streamlined.

Also, back-ups are easier w/ Origin and Steam - b/c we can have those in the most recent patched-state [from time of when you're doing back-up, obviously].
Steam, you either back-up the game folder or use back-up utility [to back it up in most recent state].
Origin, your game folder IS YOUR back-up - copy that, b/c installer folder/files are within it.

[quote name='MysterD']Steam forces ALL their games into the Steam folder.

With Amazon DL, this usually depends on game company and what they provided you guys for installers - you can specify normally where games install.[/QUOTE]

Oh ok, that's what I was missing, thanks for the info...as usual :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yeah I totally get all of the other benefits you reference above. That's why I was confused by his reference to "installing anywhere anytime"...none of the things you reference up there have anything to do with where and when you can install your game...they definitely relate to how it is delivered and what you can do once playing it.

Am I missing something?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]I meant that it's easier for me to download a game on Steam because I might be some place where I can't access Amazon for one reason or another. I may have restrictions on what I can download from a site (you'd be surprised at how often I find myself using a computer where all RAR / ZIP / EXE files are blocked from browsers), but I can just grab the Steam install program and take it with me on a flash drive, copy it to a computer, install it, and download my stuff via Steam.

Please do not take offense at what I said, Amazon is a great PC game download site. I like your sales, and I like your store. But sometimes it's just easier to have another way to grab a game. :)

Edit:
[quote name='MysterD']Well, you can add just about any game on Steam as a Non-Steam game.
You won't get all Steam benefits, but you'll get a few [screenshot-taking, see your Steam Friends List]...[/QUOTE]
Oh, I know this all too well. ;)

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']I meant that it's easier for me to download a game on Steam because I might be some place where I can't access Amazon for one reason or another. I may have restrictions on what I can download from a site (you'd be surprised at how often I find myself using a computer where all RAR / ZIP / EXE files are blocked from browsers), but I can just grab the Steam install program and take it with me on a flash drive, copy it to a computer, install it, and download my stuff via Steam.

Please do not take offense at what I said, Amazon is a great PC game download site. I like your sales, and I like your store. But sometimes it's just easier to have another way to grab a game. :)[/QUOTE]

That makes total sense, you and MysterD explained it well. As for taking offense, no worries man, none at all. I just like to fully understand all the value differences out there so I can speak about them intelligently when we're in meetings. I really appreciate the feedback and input.

Cheers,
Tony

P.S. You can call me Tony, if you want...Amazon Rep makes me sound like a guy signing you up for timeshare pitches at Costco.

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']I meant that it's easier for me to download a game on Steam because I might be some place where I can't access Amazon for one reason or another. I may have restrictions on what I can download from a site (you'd be surprised at how often I find myself using a computer where all RAR / ZIP / EXE files are blocked from browsers), but I can just grab the Steam install program and take it with me on a flash drive, copy it to a computer, install it, and download my stuff via Steam.

Please do not take offense at what I said, Amazon is a great PC game download site. I like your sales, and I like your store. But sometimes it's just easier to have another way to grab a game. :)

Edit:

Oh, I know this all too well. ;)[/QUOTE]

Velvet Assassin is listed as around 4.2 GB.
You could back-up the whole installer folder to One DVD disc.
Or another HDD...or something.

Stronghold 3 for a whole week? :S Now the strange part is even though I have no intention of getting it Ill still check the thread all week :D Tbh I dont think you would sell that many copies of it(hate to be a downer). I heard a lot of bad things about that game.

[quote name='MysterD']There's really NO benefit to download a Steam or Origin game from you guys [where you force installers to Desktop] and then install it...again, double the game's size space must be open.
Less headaches and less overhead b/c their install processes are so streamlined.[/QUOTE]

Minor nit for Origin, but this may only be true of BF3 and titles released after it (if at all). I know for certain that my older Origin games basically download the contents of the disk and run the normal installer. IIRC, the BF3 beta also downloaded an installer, but I never went on to purchase the game, so I'm not sure about the release version.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Of course the STEAM version has UPlay, it's a Ubisoft game and it's UbiSoft's DRM. Similar to Medal of Honor [EA] on STEAM has Securom, BulletStorm [EA] on STEAM has GamesForWIndowsLive, and Risen [Deepsilver] on STEAM has T@GES.
Whenever a game has an "across the board" drm, it is always included with the STEAM version.[/QUOTE]
According to at least one source, that isn't entirely accurate. Looks like several games that have non-Steam DRM at retail do not have said DRM on Steam: http://steamdrm.flibitijibibo.com/removed-drm/

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']That makes total sense, you and MysterD explained it well. As for taking offense, no worries man, none at all. I just like to fully understand all the value differences out there so I can speak about them intelligently when we're in meetings. I really appreciate the feedback and input.

Cheers,
Tony

P.S. You can call me Tony, if you want...Amazon Rep makes me sound like a guy signing you up for timeshare pitches at Costco.[/QUOTE]Ha! Sorry Tony, I didn't mean to do that!
[quote name='MysterD']Velvet Assassin is listed as around 4.2 GB.
You could back-up the whole installer folder to One DVD disc.
Or another HDD...or something.[/QUOTE]Yes, if I'm at home I can do that. But sometimes I'm not at home... I could be visiting relatives or something. ;)

[quote name='_DarkEmperor_']Tony,

Is the Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine: Power Sword DLC [Online Game Code] by THQ not going to go on sale with the rest of the Space Marine items?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...ogames&field-keywords=power+sword+dlc&x=0&y=0

Would love to get a final word on this - lookin' to pick this up - thx![/QUOTE]

Sorry for the delay here, I was working on this internally. Unfortunately this guy didn't make it into the sale and we're not going to be able to toss him in retroactively :(.

I'll make sure to post if/when we get it included in an upcoming sale though.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sorry for the delay here, I was working on this internally. Unfortunately this guy didn't make it into the sale and we're not going to be able to toss him in retroactively :(.

I'll make sure to post if/when we get it included in an upcoming sale though.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Ahh - bummer - thanks for the clarification! Please do if it does - thx!

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']Ha! Sorry Tony, I didn't mean to do that!
Yes, if I'm at home I can do that. But sometimes I'm not at home... I could be visiting relatives or something. ;)[/QUOTE]
Will a 4.2 GB install fit on your HDD?
Keep the installer folder/files on your HDD for your laptap, desktop, portable HDD, or whatever.

[quote name='arsenhazzard']Minor nit for Origin, but this may only be true of BF3 and titles released after it (if at all). I know for certain that my older Origin games basically download the contents of the disk and run the normal installer. IIRC, the BF3 beta also downloaded an installer, but I never went on to purchase the game, so I'm not sure about the release version.[/QUOTE]

Most recent Origin titles you download that are published by EA, you can just check your game-folder where the game is installed.
See if there's an _INSTALLER folder within the main game-folder.

If yes, all you need to do is back-up the entire game folder somewhere, for back-up purposes [to DVD's, BR, another HDD, etc].

If no [i.e. say you bought Batman: Arkham City through Origin], check to see where you told the game to keep the installers in your Origin preferences [provided you already have it set for Origin to keep them, of course].
If so, that's where your installers are at.
That'll be what you want to back-up somewhere.

This is speaking from first-hand experience.

Anyone know for sure if the time trials pack from EA store works on the Amazon digital copy of Mirror's Edge?

I've heard it only doesn't work on the Steam copy, but I want to make sure

[quote name='justasplanned']Anyone know for sure if the time trials pack from EA store works on the Amazon digital copy of Mirror's Edge?[/quote]
I have no idea...

But, I'd guess if that can be activated on Origin and you use only Origin, you won't have much trouble - since that is EA's service.

I've heard it only doesn't work on the Steam copy, but I want to make sure
I have no idea....

Did people who have Steam copy take the Steam-key and activate it on Origin?
If that Steam-key can activate up on Origin and you can DL the Origin version, that'd probably be a good start...

Maybe somebody can help me out w/ info on this...?
[shrug]

^Yeah I guess I'll just have to surrender to Origins and activate Mirror's edge there

I don't really want to, but fuck it, here I come, my EA overlords

[quote name='justasplanned']Anyone know for sure if the time trials pack from EA store works on the Amazon digital copy of Mirror's Edge?

I've heard it only doesn't work on the Steam copy, but I want to make sure[/QUOTE]

If it's DRM free, it very well may not, but I can't be sure. If it came with an activation code, activate it on Origin, then it'll work fine.

[quote name='MysterD']I have no idea...

But, I'd guess if that can be activated on Origin and you use only Origin, you won't have much trouble - since that is EA's service.

I have no idea....

Did people who have Steam copy take the Steam-key and activate it on Origin?
If that Steam-key can activate up on Origin and you can DL the Origin version, that'd probably be a good start...

Maybe somebody can help me out w/ info on this...?
[shrug][/QUOTE]

I can try but I dont see an option to view key in steam, any other way to check my steam key?

[quote name='Larce80']I can try but I dont see an option to view key in steam, any other way to check my steam key?[/QUOTE]

Right click on the Mirror's Edge game [or any Steam-version game, for that matter, that might have another key].
See if there's an option for Game Key.
If so, there you go. :)
Take that, jump on your Origin account, try and activate it.

If there's no option to look at CD Key....bleh. :(
I know my Steam version of MOH: Airborne doesn't have a key.

[quote name='MysterD']Right click on the Mirror's Edge game [or any Steam-version game, for that matter, that might have another key].
See if there's an option for Game Key.
If so, there you go. :)
Take that, jump on your Origin account, try and activate it.

If there's no option to look at CD Key....bleh. :(
I know my Steam version of MOH: Airborne doesn't have a key.[/QUOTE]

Right clicking for me sometimes doesn't show a CDKEY option, try clicking on the game and looking off to the right for a CDKEY option as well.

[quote name='Meeza']Right clicking for me sometimes doesn't show a CDKEY option, try clicking on the game and looking off to the right for a CDKEY option as well.[/QUOTE]

Steam won't always display a key even when you used one to activate. I had a retail hard copy of Saints Row 2 that came with a key, I used it to activate on Steam, and there is no option in Steam to display that key.

I looked around and even tried to find it in the registry. Steam Mirrors edge DOES NOT have a key! Only people that were successful were those who talked to EA chat and got them to activate the game for them after showing that they own the game on steam...

Catching up on the Bombcast and hearing them talk up Darksiders. Check Amazon and see it's only $5, plus it's Steamworks. Awesome.

Bought The Guild II Collection with a 50% off coupon in the end. Having read the Steam forums, there's an equal amount of love/hate for it, pretty much a Marmite title.

WTH is Marmite? Is this, since you ask:

marmite.gif

For the record, I'm a "no" person on Marmite. You didn't ask, but if you did that'd be my answer :)

Back to The Guild II, I think I'll hold it in my inventory until I have a strong feeling about it. I want to like it, I'm just not sure if I will.

[quote name='Larce80']I looked around and even tried to find it in the registry. Steam Mirrors edge DOES NOT have a key! Only people that were successful were those who talked to EA chat and got them to activate the game for them after showing that they own the game on steam...[/QUOTE]

I don't agree with you. I've bought Mirrors Edge via Steam like 1-2 years ago and found CD-Key in the registry and activated this game on Origin successfully.

[quote name='miqspot']Damn, wish this sale ended sooner. Broke down and got PayDay.[/QUOTE]

You won't be mad you got it. It's tons of fun. I'll play with you if you need someone to play with

Drabelincoln on steam. Add me

[quote name='Freedom Fries']If Amazon brought back Dragon Age Ultimate Edition for 7.50, I would be a happy camper.

/wishful thinking.
random.gif
[/QUOTE]

I would be too

you know tony, one of the main reasons i use and trust amazon over other sources (aside from the great prices) is the value i place on user reviews. when i purchase a product, even retail, i check for that product on amazon and make my purchase decision on the reviews. I recently got a cell phone, and i told the guy at the store - show me this phone on amazon - he did, and it had 300 reviewers giving it an average of 4 out of 5 stars. an easy choice for me.

if it ever comes up in your meetings, i think i'm not the only one who places such a high value on user reviews, so don't think i'm bashing the service at all - but one thing i would really like to see is some indicator on if the reviewer has actually purchased that item through amazon instead of just writing a review. With product manufacturers investing money in having keyword heavy reviews farmed out, perhaps a cyan background or star rating from customers who actually purchased the game/product would be an extra level of 'trust' that amazon provides.

it may not be a big deal, but just like google's search results are turning to shit, i'd hate to see amazon's amazing review service become worthless through an over saturation of paid product reviews, which have no value to me at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back