Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kwirl']you know tony, one of the main reasons i use and trust amazon over other sources (aside from the great prices) is the value i place on user reviews. when i purchase a product, even retail, i check for that product on amazon and make my purchase decision on the reviews. I recently got a cell phone, and i told the guy at the store - show me this phone on amazon - he did, and it had 300 reviewers giving it an average of 4 out of 5 stars. an easy choice for me.

if it ever comes up in your meetings, i think i'm not the only one who places such a high value on user reviews, so don't think i'm bashing the service at all - but one thing i would really like to see is some indicator on if the reviewer has actually purchased that item through amazon instead of just writing a review. With product manufacturers investing money in having keyword heavy reviews farmed out, perhaps a cyan background or star rating from customers who actually purchased the game/product would be an extra level of 'trust' that amazon provides.

it may not be a big deal, but just like google's search results are turning to shit, i'd hate to see amazon's amazing review service become worthless through an over saturation of paid product reviews, which have no value to me at all.[/QUOTE]
They do. Just check to see if it says "Amazon Verified Purchase" right above the review.

Me and my friend got

Payday
Retribution
Armageddon

Its a perfect February so far. Playing a lot of COOP. Too bad my GF don't play games but me and my friend is having a wonderful time. Sometime all we need is a bit of BRO LOVE lol

Thanks Amazon.

[quote name='Stry-ker']Got payday the heist. On the fence for saints row 3. I haven't really played the first two......any thoughts?[/QUOTE]

i bought sr3 without ever playing the first two.

i love it. its not like grand theft auto, its more silly and outrageous.

mission spoiler+reward, shows the craziness of saints row.
finished a mission inside of a computer system, (like the matrix)mission reward was a 8bit tank i could drive around http://i.imgur.com/HA90i.jpg

[quote name='Wildcat1080']Super tempted by Saints Row 3. Giant Bomb hype is strong with this one, and I always trust my bombers.[/QUOTE]

I bought it and played it just long enough to get the big purple dildo. Then proceeded to beat people with the dildo. I'll get back to it when I'm done killing cops in payday

[quote name='TheHeretic']When will the sales end btw? Do we still have 1 whole day tomorrow 2/29 or once it reached 2/29 the sale is over?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='UW_Shocks']I think through 2/29; thus will end Midnight March 1st[/QUOTE]

This is accurate the sale will be live tomorrow until 11:59:59 PM PST.

Cheers,
Tony

Tony, there is any chance Heroes of Might & Magic VI goes down in price?

and

Assassin's Creed Revelations on Steam for $24.99
there is going to be pricematch on Amazon?

Thanks.

[quote name='yo125']Tony, there is any chance Heroes of Might & Magic VI goes down in price?

and

Assassin's Creed Revelations on Steam for $24.99
there is going to be pricematch on Amazon?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Yes to both :) No solid timeline to announce on the first but likely in April, and wheels are turning on the second.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Himan']I don't agree with you. I've bought Mirrors Edge via Steam like 1-2 years ago and found CD-Key in the registry and activated this game on Origin successfully.[/QUOTE]

ok, just find it again and show me how then. thanks

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yes to both :) No solid timeline to announce on the first but likely in April, and wheels are turning on the second.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I see the wheels finally turned on AC:R. Now the question that everyone wants to know.....Does it activate on Steam :)

just kidding by the way.

[quote name='sharpeone']I see the wheels finally turned on AC:R. Now the question that everyone wants to know.....Does it activate on Steam :)

just kidding by the way.[/QUOTE]

lol! I almost yelled at my computer until I read your last line :cool:

Forgot to mention this...

Picked up Payday The Heist a few days ago. Love this game. It's fun even in SP, but MP is where it's really at. Love the MP in this game. Had no problems finding games, experience no lag, and the people I've played with so far have been great to play with.

It might only have 6 levels, each with 4 difficulties, but there's a lot of replayability. Mission progression sometimes tend to have variable outcomes depending on how successful you accomplish objectives...Diamond Heist map for example. It can be over within 5 minutes if you execute stealth objectives successfully at the beginning...or can be grueling and lengthy if alarms are triggered.

Really fun game. Best $5 I've spent in a while. :)

Thanks for the deal Tony!

[quote name='Larce80']ok, just find it again and show me how then. thanks[/QUOTE]

I've downloaded the game and checked everything and you are right. There is no key via Steam and no game in my Origin account. My mistake, sorry. :whistle2:#

Argh....very tempted by Witcher 2. Played the first and loved it. But need to hold off - just started Skyrim and Red Dead Redemption, so it'll be awhile before I can get to W2. MUST....RESIST!

Hey, quick question. Velvet Assassin is on sale for like $1.25. It's on the list of Retail CD Keys that activate on Steam, but I'm not sure if buying it on Amazon will give me a CD Key. Am I correct in assuming it can be activated on Steam?

[quote name='Scorch']Hey, quick question. Velvet Assassin is on sale for like $1.25. It's on the list of Retail CD Keys that activate on Steam, but I'm not sure if buying it on Amazon will give me a CD Key. Am I correct in assuming it can be activated on Steam?[/QUOTE]

You know what they say about assuming

[quote name='Drabelincoln']You know what they say about assuming[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your helpful reply!

For those wondering, despite a few reviews indicating otherwise, it doesn't activate on Steam. Oh well.

[quote name='Scorch']Hey, quick question. Velvet Assassin is on sale for like $1.25. It's on the list of Retail CD Keys that activate on Steam, but I'm not sure if buying it on Amazon will give me a CD Key. Am I correct in assuming it can be activated on Steam?[/QUOTE]

i bought payday on amazon. when i purchase, it gave me 2 links. to download or 'only need product keys?' after clicking on product key, used that to download on steam.

edit: fail on my end. i thought we were talking about payday. hmm...well i know amazon does give the code for payday.

A friend of mine got AC: Brotherhood from Amazon today and he tried to activate the game with the provided Activation Key but it said :

The serial number you entered is invalid . Contact customer support for more information

Is there something wrong ? :whistle2:?

[quote name='r9800pro']A friend of mine got AC: Brotherhood from Amazon today and he tried to activate the game with the provided Activation Key but it said :

Is there something wrong ? :whistle2:?[/QUOTE]

if you tried to activate it on Steam, it wouldn't work

Bought Supreme Commander, Darksiders and Payday and imported them to Steam.
Madly happy about this sale. Props to Amazon for the sale and improvements.

I urge EVERYONE to pick up Mirror's Edge as it's an amazing game and worth $5. I hope EA will let Dice make Mirror's Edge 2 after the upcoming BF3 update.

Anyone know if Bully or Max Payne 2 will import with CD-Key to Steam?

-FrankCastleAZ

It's DRM-FREE on Amazon.
No key comes w/ it.

just a random thought about something - with all these good sales, sometimes something comes along and i don't have the money for that purchase that day or hour - what about a feature where you can take *one* sale item and put it on a reserve, i guess an example scenario explains it best.

i get paid on tuesdays - on friday there's a 24 hour sale for skyrim at 4.99. holy crap, i have to buy that! but my bank account is staring at me with mocking eyes, showing the sad, lonely 2.54 cent balance i have left after buying gas and that god-damned-now-i-hate-you meal at mcdonalds. BUT - amazon just added the life-saving feature of a button in my checkout cart saying - 'save this price for later' - and i can 'hold' that item for up to 30 days, of course i could only have one 'held' item at a time, but this gives me a chance to get that deal that i really want, but just can't pay for that moment.

obviously, if those keys ran out i would get a note informing me of my bad luck, i can't expect amazon to gamble that i will purchase this item. but on the chance that not every single copy gets sold, it would be beyond awesome for something like this.

(fyi - i bought saints row with a prayer that my bills clear a day late lol)

[quote name='kwirl']just a random thought about something - with all these good sales, sometimes something comes along and i don't have the money for that purchase that day or hour - what about a feature where you can take *one* sale item and put it on a reserve, i guess an example scenario explains it best.

i get paid on tuesdays - on friday there's a 24 hour sale for skyrim at 4.99. holy crap, i have to buy that! but my bank account is staring at me with mocking eyes, showing the sad, lonely 2.54 cent balance i have left after buying gas and that god-damned-now-i-hate-you meal at mcdonalds. BUT - amazon just added the life-saving feature of a button in my checkout cart saying - 'save this price for later' - and i can 'hold' that item for up to 30 days, of course i could only have one 'held' item at a time, but this gives me a chance to get that deal that i really want, but just can't pay for that moment.

obviously, if those keys ran out i would get a note informing me of my bad luck, i can't expect amazon to gamble that i will purchase this item. but on the chance that not every single copy gets sold, it would be beyond awesome for something like this.

(fyi - i bought saints row with a prayer that my bills clear a day late lol)[/QUOTE]

I love this idea and will most definitely bring it up in a meeting and try to get it added to our dev roadmap, it will definitely be behind things like gifting and a cart though.

Also, did anyone notice the new checkout confirmation window? Might seem simple but there's now a "Continue shopping" button, so you're not stuck in limbo :). This was a big win for our dev team recently, and we had a guy who put in a ton of extra hours to get it integrated.

[quote name='dfg']Get a credit card?[/QUOTE]

While I appreciate the humor and snarkiness, not cool dude, we've all been tight on cash before and not everyone feels comfortable creating debt to support gaming habits (although I'm ashamed to admit I've done just that in the past.)

**EDIT and PS** If this was sarcasm I apologize for my radar being broken.

Cheers,
Tony

For what it's worth, I want to plug Darkness 2. It's just a great, pure fun shooter. Nothing spectacular but it's fun and satisfying. The PC port isn't perfect. FOV is locked down tight and we're awaiting a patch to unlock it. Still, it runs well, loads well, looks nice. There's just a lot of quality craftsmanship in the game that makes it good despite the rather mundane corridor shooting nature of it.

It's quite short, though. Definitely under 7 hours to see the finale, probably 4. Co-op campaigns give it some longevity but it's still a short game. Well-crafted cutscenes and dialogue probably ate a good chunk of the budget. $25 may be a bit much all things considered but I still think this is the sort of game that flies too often under the radar. The well-crafted B game without the mainstream appeal or the indie hook.

Of course, if you DO think it's worth the money, play on the hardest difficulty. It's gives you a decent run for your money without too much cheese. The game is easy usually.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Also, did anyone notice the new checkout confirmation window? Might seem simple but there's now a "Continue shopping" button, so you're not stuck in limbo :). This was a big win for our dev team recently, and we had a guy who put in a ton of extra hours to get it integrated.
[/QUOTE]

Yes! I noticed it. Big improvement, considering I usually like to buy a few games at a time when the sales come around; hate having to open a new window to get back to Amazon. Thank you for the "upgrades".

I will probably be picking up a few of these titles, especially Payday The Heist and I already grabbed Roller Coaster Tycoon 2.

Tony, the sale pages are kind of glitchy for me at the moment. I was trying to click page 2 and 3 of the sale, and all I was getting was the green banner with no titles below it. I'm running Chrome and Windows 7. Just a heads up. Thanks for the sales.

[quote name='agentghost']if you tried to activate it on Steam, it wouldn't work[/QUOTE]

[quote name='UW_Shocks']I bought Brotherhood today and it activated fine. You have to activate it with Ubisoft.[/QUOTE]

I know this guys :lol:

The key was invalid with Ubisoft and my friend sent an email to Amazon regarding the issue and the reply came with a refund and the game was removed from his library !

Here is the real problem : he is using a prepaid credit card that can only be charged with ATM machines and no money can be refunded to it in any way :whistle2:#

He also got Payday and Homefront with no problems whatsoever

Can you help with this issue Tony ? I am sure Amazon can check that the refund was not sent to bank and give my friend AC Brotherhood back with a working key

Thanks in advance

[quote name='ender0316']Any chance of an Anno 2070 deal in the near future? :)[/QUOTE]

+1 on this in fact why not put the whole Anno series on sale, i'll instantly grab it on Amazon!

[quote name='lito88']Is the Amazon sale page not working? Had to find them by searching for the games[/QUOTE]

This is fixed, thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='r9800pro']I know this guys :lol:

The key was invalid with Ubisoft and my friend sent an email to Amazon regarding the issue and the reply came with a refund and the game was removed from his library !

Here is the real problem : he is using a prepaid credit card that can only be charged with ATM machines and no money can be refunded to it in any way :whistle2:#

He also got Payday and Homefront with no problems whatsoever

Can you help with this issue Tony ? I am sure Amazon can check that the refund was not sent to bank and give my friend AC Brotherhood back with a working key

Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

Wow that sounds sticky...I think your friend would have better luck going through the chat support than me running down a solution with CS on something like this. It sounds like something that needs to be handled via our account management systems which I don't have access to.

If he doesn't have luck with the chat rep shoot me a PM and I'll escalate internally.

Cheers,
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back